InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love in Coma ❯ Waking Up ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I HAD TO RE-WRITE THIS, BECUZ IT GOT DELETED, SO…. SERIOUSLY TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! THANX!
 
DISCLAIMER::I owned it once, … yeah in this dream I had.
 
 
A cold breeze hit her face, making her shiver. It was as if she hadn't felt the wind in ages. And yet, there it was, like it never left. She slowly opened her eyes. Then shut them again. The sun was like something new to her. She slowly opened them again, then sun making her eyes water, and then blur. Finally her eyes adjusted, after what seemed like hours. She took a look around, and quickly noticed she wasn't at home. And where was her mom? The last thing she could remember was starting her period and then telling her mom she was going to go to Sango's. Kagome took a look at the clock next to her bed and noticed that it was 4. So she should be at Sango's by now. Removing the sheets that lied across of her, she attempted to get up, which wasn't as hard. But standing WAS.
 
She quickly fell to the floor in a hiss of pain. “Strange” She whispered to herself. Apparently her legs didn't feel like working. It was then that she heard the door open, and there stood a nurse holding a tray. A tray, that quickly fell to the floor. “Oh my god! You're awake! Ill be right back! Stay! Um…yeah, just stay!” The nurse ran off. Leaving Kagome confused.
 
But she finally got her balance and stood. Finding herself looking into a mirror. And the only thing that the patience's next to her would here for hours is the echoing of her scream.
 
 
Sango, Miroku, and Inuyasha wondered the hospital halls. Inuyasha had yet to “meet” the Kagome everyone seemed to talk about over the past years, but it was today that he would meet her. Well, sort of. He was kind of nervous. He long meet her mother, and saw pictures of her. She seemed adorable and a very lovely girl. But then again, she wouldn't be a girl anymore would she? What he got from Sango is, she would be 17 today. That's why they were visiting. Sango and Miroku stopped visiting after she had been into a coma after the first 3 months. It was too hard on them. Even to this day it was hard. She was still there best friend. And it was horrid to know she would probably be in a coma for the rest of her life. Even Inuyasha cried once for the life she probably wouldn't know. Of course, he would never tell anyone that.
 
But finally today would be the day. Today he would see Kagome Higarashi in person.
And today Sango and Miroku would see their best friend after 5 years. And maybe they could get closer? Maybe Sango would have to cry herself to sleep anymore?
 
His thoughts though, were interrupted by a high-pitched scream.
 
Coming from Kagome's room.
 
 
Nurses rushed in, crowing the door, and blocking Sango, and Miroku's view. Inuysaha's view was blocked by Miroku however. Nurses were rushing up, and rambling on about the Higarashi case, while Sango was crying, afraid that the worst just happened to her best friend. Finally the rush died down, and nurses left. Leaving too in the room. Glass was shattered on the floor, while a young girl, from what they could tell cried on the floor. Finally the girl whispered something, and the nurse left, with a sad headshake to the three of them.
 
Miroku's breath caught his throat as the girl rose, raping her arms around herself and standing there, with her head down. Sango whimpered “Ka…Kagome?”
 
The girl's head rose. And shock was written all over her face. “Why do I look like this? Who am I now? Please, Please help me. I just want to wake up.” A tear slid down her cheek, breaking Inuyasha's heart.
 
“I don't understand. Please, I want my mom.” The girl broke down, and fell again to the floor, small glass embedding themselves in her knees. “Please God help me!”
 
Miroku stepped forward. “Do you know who you are? He croaked, and Inuyasha could tell that he was trying to hold in his tears.
 
The girl shook her head. “My names Kagome Higarashi, I live in a shrine with my mother, grandfather, and my 7 year old brother Souta. Im 12 year's old and my best friend's are Miroku and Sango.” She started to look calmer “Now, will you please help me?”
 
Sango stepped paced Miroku, silent tears streaming down her face, “It's me Kagome, It's Sango, and there,” she pointed “There's Miroku. Please don't cry.”
 
Kagome jumped up, allowing the glass to slash threw more skin, the blood running gently down her legs. “LIAR! SHUT UP! YOU ARE NOT SANGO!” She quickly pointed at Miroku “AND YOU ARE NOT MIROKU! Miroku is only 14! And Sango…Sango's 12!”
 
Kagome slumped silently onto the bed; no more tears could be shed anymore. She just felt lost. “I want my mommy. Please. She will know what to do. She…She will know”
 
Sango had backed behind Miroku during the yelling, She couldn't take this much longer, so she could only imagine what Kagome was going threw. Miroku decided to back up too. “We will get her Kagome, and we will help you. Promise.” Miroku told her. A single tear rolling down his face.
 
During the exchange Inuyasha stood in the doorway. Tear's already found themselves onto his cheek.
 
He felt horrible for Kagome. She's lost 5 year's of her life. Kami only knows what is going threw her head. Inuyasha wiped his face quickly and ushered Sango and Miroku out of the room, and he turned to close Kagome's door.
 
Looking at her, and noticed she laid down, silently sleeping.
 
While the blood from her knees still flowed.
 
And Inuyasha could do nothing, but whisper a silent prayer.
 
 
R&R
 
Hope you like, Tell me what you think!
 
-Nicole