InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love in strange places ❯ When Romance begins ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6

*YANK* * SPLASH* Now a drenched and sulking Kagome is on Sesshomaru's lap. Everyone was laughing and she blushed. Sesshomaru felt somethingrubbing against his nexk and realized Kagome was nuzzling him. He purred and stared into her ocean depth seeing the one emotion he thought that could never be…..love. as he claimed her lips for a passionate kiss. Later that night the pups were huddled together underneath a big willow tree, as the wind grazed them they trembled and became a symphony of chattering teeth. Kagome transfored and lay beside them letting them use her tail as a blanket for comfort and warmth. Sora caught her mother's tail and pulled it closer to her and sighed as she drifted into a peaceful sleep knowing fully well that she no longer was along in the world. Up in the tree two amber eyes softened at the site.

*they really do look like mother and pups* he leaped down from the tree and landed softly beside Kagome and he too changed into a big fluffy do `think Siberian husky/golden retriever' "Kawaii" she whispered into the night's air careful not to wake up the three small bundles of life. He laid down beside her and nuzzled her neck with his snout and rest it in the crook of her neck and inhaled her intoxicating scent of watermelon and roses. Sleep soon came to him as he slowly exhaled making sure the memory of her scent was embedded deep into his mind.

The sun filtered hrough the leaves and flashed golden upon his eye lids *the sun is already up* he yawned and took in the heart warming scene that for once included him, there lay Kagome sleeping curled in his tair on top of her head was Shippo who was snuggling into her mane trying to get closer to his mother. Rin was beside Shippo where Sesshomaru's head was a minute ago.

*where's Sora?* a little yellow fur ball was purring on top of his nose grasping tightly on Kagome's tail. It raised it's little head and yawned showing four cute little fangs.

"Morning papa" came from the sleepy kitten.

"Morning my puup." He had a gentle edge about it. Surprised that he called her his pup because most youkai males would kill any direct offsprings or adopted of his courting female to gain grounds this showed that he accepted her which was rare. She hugged her father's snout which was twice as big as her (He's a big puppy!) soft chuckles were heard as Sesshomaru licked Sora's ears lovingly. His eyes darted to see where it came from only to find himself staring into a pair of intensely blue eyes full of amusement.

"If you want to sit up so I can get up or are you getting too comfortable using me as a pillow." Her eyes betrayed her sarcastic and cold tone showing mischief.

"'yawn' Momma…you awake" asked two lazy children who just woke up.

"Morning my pups" As she licked them good morning.

"Momma!..." whined Shippo as he smoothed out his hair" I'm too old for that now!" he pouted as he huffed and crossed his arms.

"oh I see" she said smiling "but Sesshomaru isn't too old for it then why should you be" she joked licking Sesshomaru on the nose as he started purring. Sora giggled at her parents.

"and morning to you to Sora-Chan." Kagome wrapped her tail gently around her daughter .

"Morning Kaa-San!!" She was in a very good mood except for the bath she got yesterday."


Sesshomaru stood up and changed back into his Humanoid form as did Kagome. They all gathered around the fire for a silent breakfast.

"Kagome-kaasan where will you go?" said a very sad Rin who's eyes started watering at the thought of her new mother leaving her behind.

"Please don't leave me Okaa-sanA" She was on the verge of tears. "Rin doesn't want to leave Okaa-san.""Otou-san please make Kaasan stay." She ran over to him and sobbed into his pants. He picked up the hysterical child and walked over to Kagome.

"Stay it is obvious my ward has grown attached to you" *and so have this Sesshomaru* he said in an emotionless tone but his eyes betrayed him to her every emotion he felt and could not say flashed across his eyes. But all she could do was repy sadly.

"It is my duty to regather the Shikon Shards." She did not dare to stare into his golden orbs for she was afraid of leaving too.

"Then I shall assist you on your shard hunting while I shall have a chance to patrol my land." He said knowing fully that the excuse he gave was weak. She looked up seeing him smiling. Then she did the most surprising thing yet `aside from the kiss' with her arms wrapped around his waist and face buried in the crook of his neck and hair. She hugged him, him, the lord of the west, the merciless killer, half-brother to her past love, all of that she hugged.

Getting out of his stupor he hugged her back purring in her ears in satisfaction. There stood in the open field the most beautiful site two magnificent creature one in white and the other in black embracing amoung the flowers with 3 pups playing around them it was a picture of happiness. Their private moment was broken by an inhuman screech from the trees. Kagome quickly gathered her weapons and ran towards the sound. Sudden rustle from the bushes around her could be heard.

"Help!" came from the bushes, a second after a small inuyoukai pup who's white hair was matted with blood attached himself to her.

"It's gonna be alright little one" She whispered comforting the shaken buddle by the smell of the blood he lost both of his parents. Suddenly a bear youkai busted through the trees, it was the most hideous thing she has ever seen…worse than Jaken. It's ugly face twisted in the attempt of a smile as his eyes clouded over with lust.

"You're a pretty thing and *Sniff* powerful you shall have the honor of mating and bearing my pups" he said in a husky voice. His face was suddenly distorted, face screwed up as if in pain. Then his body crumpled and behind him stood a red eyed Sesshomaru carrying Shippo, SOra and Rin.

*How dare he proclaim what is MINE!* She rushed up to him and embraced him yet again inhaling his alluring scent of pine, and wilderness. Careful not to crush the small injured pup.

"Thank you for saving me" it said as he rubbed his eyes sleepily and tiredly.

"What's your name sweety?" she asked in a quiet voice.

"My name is Manei" he looked up a her and she gasped. His eyes were exactly like hers except it was outlined with a golden colour like Sesshomaru's amber eyes.

"This is my son Shippo and my daughters Sora and RIn" She said still wondering about Manei's looks and how much he looked like her and Sesshomaru put together.

"Why don't we get you cleaned up" she said as she set to work to get the bathing supplies. Twenty minutes later Manei was clean, she could swear he was her and Sesshomaru's son she blushed. Except for his scent difference he had white with silver hair, sparkly blue and amber eyes, a white tail and now wearing an armor same as Shippo's that was a shocking white.