InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love in strange places ❯ Going home ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 19

Sesshomaru turned away from the moon, who remain unfazed and undisturbed. His breath was ragged from exerting his anger. His blood boils for an answer, for hope, for hope of discovering their secret before it was too late.

He walked through the well kept ivory colored halls of his castle. But this time he did not take notice of the usual gloating he would feel of his home. He opened the door to his and Kagome's bedroom and silently made his way towards her. He sat on the edge of the silky bed as he took in the beauty that slept soundly beside him. He raised one clawed hand and tenderly stroked her cheek. His eyes was filled with love and curiosity.

He took off his armor and changed into a sleeping garment. He slid into the bed beside her careful not to disturb the serene beauty beside him. Her sudden peace was disturbed as her lovely face twisted up in a painful look. She started muttering incoherent things. He leaned towards her and embraced her hoping to calm her from her nightmare.

"Kikyo no…… you said that….. I restored the balance….no….Kikyo….stop!..... no don't do this…… you said that I could stop it……. No SESSHOMARU!...... take me instead….. Sesshomaru….."Kagome had a sheen layer of sweat upon her face as her face filled with sorrow and guilt. Sesshomaru was shocked at all she said as he tried to make sense of what she was saying.

Kagome……what is happening" he whispered in her hair as he inhaled her scent wishing she would let him in, into her heart, to her mind so that he may solve whatever was plaguing her.

……………………… ……..Next day…………………………&# 8230;…

Kagome woke up feeling content despite the horrible nightmare she had conceived. She felt unusually warm, she snuggled up to her soft furry blanket. FURRY?? She cracked open her eyes only to see maroon stripes. There was Sesshomaru asleep like an angel. She raised a hand and traced his markings but soon her hand was caught as Sesshomaru brought it to his lips.

"Morning koi." He whispered lovingly to her as he tightened his hold on her.

"Morning" she said feeling happiness for the first time in months as her lips met his. All her troubles and sorrows went away as the moment went on to what seem like hours. To them they were in their own world away from the pain and suffering, away from those that wants to separate them. Then Kagome remembered. She had to go back to her house because her mother was back. Though she knew Yusuke might still be there, she had to take the chance.

Breaking apart for air she snuggled up to him. "Sesshomaru we need to go to my house to see my mother." She knew his reaction will not be very agreeable. He felt his arms and body tense up.

"No" he stated simply. He did not want to put her harms way ever again. Her cousin may be family but did not act like one. She would not allow her to be once again wounded emotionally. He vowed to protect her and he shall do it till the day he no longer took breath.

"But Sesshomaru…….." She whined but was once again shot down a strict no. She knew she had to go back and face her family. She needed to ask for her mother's guidance.

"Fluffy……………" He cringed at the nickname that she used against him knowing that he absolutely detested the insulting nickname. She only used it to persuade him into doing something he absolutely went against usually he agreed against his better judgement.

She stared deep into his eyes and gave him a very cute pout as he felt his will vanish right before his eyes. Knowing he had lost yet another battle he let out a frustrated sigh.

Kagome squealed and hugged him as she got out of the bed and began to pack things. As she packed her mind went back to the matter at hand. She needed her mother's comfort and reassurance. Her wisdom and knowledge. Her mother also needed to know what her daughter was going to attempt. She knew it was going to be heartbreaking for her to say goodbye to her mother. She would keep the news of her pregnancy away from Aiko.

She quickly packed everything and picked up the two phoenix tears off the chest and walked down the hall into the girls rooms. She laid the necklasses beside them kissing them both lightly on the cheek before going off in search of Sesshomaru.

She found him out side waiting for her. They quickly departed sprinting for the well. Another thing was on her mind. Inuyasha. What if he was near the well. What would she say to him when he confronts her. She knew he had a lot of questions for her. But it was not time for her to answer them yet.

They reached the well before noon. Kagome peered over the edge as she took a deep breath. Sesshomaru wrapped his arms around her and sqeazed his hand in reassuarance and promise of protection. Then he lept into the well with her in his arms.

Blue magic surrounded them as Kagome was once again welcomed back into the future with the view of the well house. She hopped out of the well followed by Sesshomaru and walked out into the sun.

Aiko quickly picked up the familiar scent of her daughter rushed out of the house and embraced her. She saw Sesshomaru and understood what had happened she sent a smirk at Kagome but was replied with a weak fake smile. She knew something was wrong. She did not continue.

"It's good to have you back Sweetie. I've been so worried about you. Have you been eating right?" Aiko asked as she signaled them to follow her into her house. "I've just finish preparing lunch. Um……" she let her voice trace of as she looked questioningly at Sesshomaru.

"Sesshomaru"

"Sesshomaru why don't you go take a shower while I have a nice chat with my daughter." Aiko suggested trying to make up a good enough excuse to make him leave. Sesshomaru looked suspiciously at her but agreed thinking a private talk between her mother and her will be good for her. He quickly left for the shower leaving Kagome alone with her mother.

They sat across each other silently neither speaking.

"Kagome what's wrong?" She asked as her daughter raised her head , she was shocked to see such intense sorrow.

"Oh mother….." She cried as Aiko opened her arms and embraced her daughter. Flashes of what had happened told Aiko of her daughters pain. A motherly pained tear slid down her face.

"Kagome….is there no other way." She sobbed afraid…afraid for her only daughter. Kagome shook her head. " do you really love him so much." She nodded as she broke into tears.

" please don't do this my daughter please do not do this." She begged as she held her daughters hand trying to pry her from death's grip. Her daughter loved this man so much as to die for him. To trade her life for his.