InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love in strange places ❯ The day i die for love ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 20

Aiko sat out side under the Goshin.(Tree) trying to sort out her thoughts. She stared up into the starry skies as hot tears rolled down her cheek. It was unfair, unfair to her daughter that she too must face the same fate. But the consequences were much bigger. Kagome was not acting noble or heroic. She was choosing death, blinded by the pain that surrounds her soul. The doubts flashed in her eyes.

Then there was Sesshomaru, the Demon Lord of the Western Land. She had heard of him only in legends. He was supposed the only other Lord powerful enough to take over the world. In many ways he was like her past mate. In appearance, cold, beautiful, deadly and powerful, but aside they were both caring and capable of love. But now she only hoped he was different, for she did not wish for her daughter's mate to be blinded by his honor.

But there was nothing she could do to stop Kagome. She turned away from the trees and whipped her tears away, and dusted he pants. She headed into the house turning her back on the tree where Tenisho proposed two hundred years ago. Turning away from the memories.

………………………& #8230;……………Next day…………………………&# 8230;.

"Mother we must return to the Fuedal Japan era." Kagome said as she ate breakfast ignoring what had happened last night between her mother and herself.

"I shall pack you some things then" Was all her mother said as she headed out of the room and did not glance back at her daughter for it would have broken her heart to admit to herself this was probably going to be the last time she'll see her daughter ever again.

That after noon Kagome jumped out of the well with Sesshomaru behind her. Sesshomaru walked up to her and wrapped her in a heart warming embrace. He kissed his mark that he had placed upon her neck.

Suddenly Kagome felt faint and toppled into Sesshomaru's arm who caught her before she hit the ground. She struggled franticly to stay awake but she could not soon her eyes were over come with darkness. The last thing she remember was smelling Suki near by.

………………………& #8230;…….Sesshomaru………………&# 8230;…….

Sesshomaru stiffened and growled warningly as he watched Kagome become unconscious and the scent of Suki growing stronger. Suki stepped into the light to reveal her ever limp red hair and scowling feature.

"Hello Sssssessshomaru." She hissed seductively as she slithered towards him. He crouched low protecting the sleeping Kagome. She glanced over the girls presence and began to growl at an annoyed tone.

"That girllll alwaysss in the wayyy." She said bitterly as she flexed her claws. Her snake like tail coiling and recoiling. Then she thought why not play around a little with Sesshomaru's feelings. " Ssssoon sshe sssshall be out of our wayyyy Sesssssshomaru my lovvve." She purred at her best but it came out a hoarse and scratchy sound.

Sesshomaru narrowed his eyes as he looked into her ruby eyes. " Do not threaten what is mine" He growled in warning. Amusement flickered across her eyes. She took a step closer and tilted her head to one side as if thinking.

"Ohhh youuu did nottt knowww?" she said knowing perfectly well that Sesshomaru was unaware of the events happening. It was confirmed when a confused look flashed upon him face just for a second.

"What ever you are speaking of Suki I'm sure it is filled with your twisting lies." He spat at her. But he truly wondered if Suki knew of something he did not.

"Lettssss jussst sssaay …. " she left off a bit and looked up at the sky. * Yes tonight is the full moon, the day she dies* Suki thought as she smirked. *The sky again. She does know something* Sesshomaru looked down at Kagome who had her arms on her stomach. " Your loyalllll matte ssshall abanndonnn youuuu." She laughed as she knew her plan would go smoothly playing Sesshomaru right into her grasp.

"You Lie!" Sesshomaru roared as he prepared to attack this lying and insolent creature. " And if she shall it is probably your doing" She laughed again as he was falling straight into her trap.

"Oh nooo Sssesshomaruuu." She smiled " I had nottthinggg to dooo with thisssss. It isss yourrr matttte thattt hassss chossssssen to leave youuuuuu." Her plan was going perfectly now all she had to do was reel him in and break the girl. Meanwhile Sesshomaru was boiling in rage.

"Youuuu ssssee weeee maddddde a ddeallll that iii gettt toooo keep youuuu asss long assss sssshe disssssapears"

"Why would she strike up a deal with you wench" He bit back at her trying to convince him self that Kagome was true to him. But all those things, those tears, those words of the past months came flooding back to him.

"Becccauussse I kneeww ssssomething sssshe did noot wantt youuu to knnnow." Sesshomaru bared his fangs. " Sssshe still feelssss for yourrr brother." In a matter of second Kagome was lying on the ground and Suki was pinned to the tree.

"She doesn't love him! SHE LOVES ME!" His claws began to produce poison as the sun slowly set on him. His amber eyes flashed red from time to time. Suki just smirked as she observed the setting sun and the rising moon. * Yess jussst a little moorrreee.*

Kagome groaned as she try to force her self awake hearing noises. Angry shouts can be heard.

Suki saw Kagome waking up and immediately put the final faze of her plan in action. She brought her head up and planted a fiery kiss upon Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru growled but could not turn away.

Kagome gasped at the site. Suki and Sesshomaru together. She lowered her eyes as she convinced herself it was all for the best as it was she who pushed them together. But now she had succeeded why does she not feel any of the content feelings. She got up off the ground and stood to walk away from the site.

Sesshomaru broke the kiss and he slashed Suki, but sadly misses for she had laughed and lept back away from him. He turned to see Kagome her back facing to him silently walking away. * She's leaving me* was all he could think of, his mind to confused from the antics Suki used to think clear the fact that Kagome saw him and Suki did not pop up as a possible reason for her leaving. He growled as the thought of his brother came to mind.

Kagome stopped and turned around seeing a slightly hurt and angry Sesshomaru though his emotionless mask was in place. *Now the final touch*

A blade was hurled at Sesshomaru's heart as he was to caught up to react.

`Thud' Sesshomaru blinked as Kagome vanished. Ragged breath was heard behind him as the scent of blood hit him. He whirled around to see Kagome with a blade inbedded into her chest. His eyes traveled to Suki who was smiling malicely. He did not go after her as she escaped. He only cradled Kagome who's life was dripping away. Only this time he could not save her for her will to live was shattered.

"Kagome I'm sorry….." He said as he realize Kagome had sacrificed herself for him. Nothing made sense.

"Life for Life, Blood for Blood,….Soul..for….Soul, T.tTime…for Timeee……Balance…is res..tored..." Kagome softly whispered. Sesshomaru's eyes widened she had known it was going to happen all along. He could still save her. * I'll try anything to get you back, hold on my love, hold on.* He thought as he lifted her and sped for the castle.

He arrived shortly and was greeted by Manei who's smile faded at the site of his mother.

"NO!! You promised me you would see me one last time!!! You Promised!" he cried as he tugged on her kimono. Sesshomaru stiffened at the words. His son knew too. What were they keeping away from him.

He sped to their room and laid her down on the futon. He then turned questioningly at Manei.

"Answer me now pup! What are you keeping from me." He growled demandingly as Manei's gaze hardened.

" Mother knew all along , when she was in subconscious after the battle with Suki Kikyo warned her of your death two months from then, today. Kikyo told her that she must choose to sacrifice her self to save your life or let you die. A month ago Suki came and mother told her that she was to be the new Lady. Suki saw through her illusion and demanded an explanation or she shall spill the secret. Mother made her promise not to utter a word. " Manei said through his teeth. He moved over to his mother. Right now she was at the boarder of life or death.

Sesshomaru's eyes softened and he sat beside her muttering over and over again that he should of known and saved her. Her illusion spell weakened and right before his eyes her stomach was swollen with pups and her scent hit him. A tear fell down his eyes. Not a tear of sadness. But a tear of regret, love, and despair.

" come back to me love….come back…." A howl could be heard like the howl of an wolf mourning for it's mate to come back.

*Kagome you will live, I love you*