InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love in strange places ❯ Death is at my wake ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 21

Kagome's conditioned haven't changed at all since yesterday, she still lay pale and undisturbed. An occational tear would spill down her cheek leaving trickles of water at their wake. Sesshomaru haven't left her side since then holding his mate's hand as if it was his life line more than hers. He sat their thinking as he tried to piece the puzzle Kagome left for him. All the things that had happened throughout the past months came flooding back to him. Kagome wanting to leave, him…….. Suki's deal with Kikyo………… Kagome's warning about his death……. Manei crying for his mother…….. Her words while staring at the moon `I shall never regret' ……. Suki's confrontation with him….. Kagome walking away…… Kagome saving him…… Kagome's uttered words before unconsciousness "Life for Life, Blood for Blood,….Soul..for….Soul, T.tTime…for Timeee……Balance…is res..tored..." All these images and memories did not make sense to him. There was still something he did not know of. His eyes suddenly softened. And his children. His pups that she was carrying. He turned his gaze to her, her stomach was flat again. No doubt Kagome unconsciously raised an illusion spell. But why would she want to keep that away from him. If all that Suki said was true then why would Kagome want to keep his pups away from him. Unless they were not his. A growl escaped his lips. * how could I doubt her again? After all that I have put her through.* he thought sadly. But his demon side would not be calmed. It screamed for the death of his brother, it screamed for him to punish his mate for her disloyalty. But the side of Sesshomaru pleaded that Kagome would never betray him. But why would she disguise her scent of her child, why would she leave him to believe that he did not carry his heir. He was so confused and frustrated. He stood up to leave for the first time in the last day or two. He needed to find answers and to find out if Kagome was loyal to him. He did not listen to the side of him that argued to him about his trust in her. He did not listen for jealousy may blind you like love can not.

………………………& #8230;…..Sora…………………… ……………

Sora heard her mothers door open then close as her father walked out of the room his face contorted into the emotions that she could only identify as confusion, anger, betrayal, jealousy, sadness, and love. She saw him disappear at the end of the hall. As soon as her two fuzzy cat ears told her that it was ok to go see her mother she sped towards Kagome's door and closed it softly behind her. She walked deeper into the calmly lit room as the candles casted a warmth look upon Kagome.

Sora's tears splattered to the ground. She cried for her mother, for she never wanted to see her this way. She looked helpless and unloved. Her mother laid in a white Kimono that was the same shade as her white silvery hair. Her mother's tails laid unruffled by her side. Sora sobbed as she climbed on to her mother's bed with great strength and sat beside her face. She stroked her mother's cheek with her tiny clawed hands, feeling only little warmth coming from her mother. Sora pulled her mother's tail around her as she snuggled into the fur trying to get comfort from it.

"Momma…." She said softly as she hiccupped.

"Momma I don't know if you can hear me Momma… but I want to tell you that we all love you very much and we all want you back Momma." She said softly whispering into Kagome's ears trying to get an reaction. But when Kagome did not move Sora bursted into more tears.

"We were all without parents until you took us in. You protected us, loved us and shown us the brighter side of the world. We love you and we want our mother back please don't leave us alone Okaa-San. It wouldn't be the same without you. Manei and Shippo have both refused to eat and they refuse to do anything. Rin had been crying over the necklace you gave her ever since. And Sora have been waiting for a chance to talk to you momma. Sora wanted to see mother. Sora knows that you love Sesshomaru-Otousan very very much. But Sesshomaru-papa doesn't seem to know so you have to wake up kaa-san. We need you Okaa-san." Sora sobbed into her mother's neck. Then she felt something wet and cold fall on the little hand that had been on her mother's cheek. A single tear that was shed by Kagome.

"I'll always come back always…………." Was what Sora thought she heard in the wind that swept through the room. Sora swerved her ears and listened then she looked towards the mother's tear. She knew, she knew that her mother would find a way back to them no matter what the hardship.

"I'll wait for you Okaa-san…. We all will" Sora said as she gave her mother a teary smile and hopped the ground and ran out on all fours feeling a little bit better knowing her mother will be back.

Amber eyes flickered as the little Neko scurried out of the room. The amber eyes softened when they reached Kagome. Yes. Sesshomaru had heard the whole thing. It was what he needed to hear to settle his fears. What Sora said was true she would never leave them, she would never betray them. He laid by her side and waited, waited for a sign that he would give him that she would survive. But he knew he needed none for she would survive. Survive for love.

………………………. Kagome's mind……………………….

She was sitting on a hill looking over a small pond. She had ran and try to find Sesshomaru but could not. It's been hours since she realize she had been trapped inside a memory or an illusion. A sudden noise made her turn in the direction of the pond. There was a woman carrying a bundle. The woman had silvery blue hair and a tear marking upon her forehead.

"Mother…" kagome gasped. She quickly hid in the trees as she observed the woman walking towards an castle. She crept slowly keeping her eye on the woman but kept her space for she did not want her mother to see her. The woman kept on walking until she reached the pond beside the castle. There was two figures sitting there. One was her father and another a bear youkai who was very well built. The woman had brown hair and hazel eyes. Her eyes had an evil glare in them making Kagome shiver. Her mother watched with teary eyes as her father kissed the other woman. And whispered words of love to her and promises. She watched as suddenly her father clasped his neck in pain. He ripped open his clothe to only to see a fang mark burn in red then brown and soon it disappeared leaving only a red tear mark. Her father swirved his head towards Aiko. Looking into her teary eyes his eyes filled with shame and regrets. But before he could go to her she sped away.

Kagome turned her back to the scene and sat down as tears made their way down her cheek. It was almost as if the memories was hers of Sesshomaru with Suki. She could still see them kissing while she was on the ground. Unbelievable pain raked her body. Suddenly a gentle hand came down upon her shoulder. She raised her eyes surprised to see her mother standing there.

"Kagome… I see you have discovered my memories." She whispered calmly as she sat down beside her daughter.

"Mother… did I do the right thing." She asked not daring to raise her eyes to her mother for she was filled with sorrow. She knew she had done the right thing but Suki was still alive and the war could still happen.

"It depends my daughter…. By saving your mate ..perhaps… but by ignoring your own heart and sacrifice your love for him…..maybe not." Aiko said wisely as she looked to the sky. " You did what I could never do………… you were able to put aside your happiness for his."

" I saw them together him and Suki right before I took the blow. It hurt me more than the weapon. I knew that I should not be surprised or sad for I knew that it would happen. I was the one pushing them together sooner or later it would of happened." Kagome whispered as her shoulder slumped and rocked with each shaking sob. " It hurt me to see him with another woman. Though I know he doesn't love me…. He never will."

Aiko tilted Kagome's head towards her and looked into her daughter's eyes. " you are wrong. He loves you very much. You are too blinded in the beliefs of the dead corpse's and the snake's words to see the truth that I can see." She said with sadness for her daughters pain as the moonlight washed over her.

" even if it is true I must die…. Right now I'm in the between line.. between life.. and death……….i must choose…. If I perish he shall thrive… if I'm selfish he shall die…" Kagome lowered her gaze to the ground.

"You must live my daughter there are other ways…. There will be hardships and decisions…their will be pain…. But it's a test of how deep your love goes….till the day the sun shall never rise shall you stop loving him and him you.

The darkness over came her as her mother faded away.

………………………& #8230;….Sesshomaru………….

He had heard the words Kagome muttered. "" even if it is true I must die…. Right now I'm in the between line.. between life.. and death……….i must choose…. If I perish he shall thrive… if I'm selfish he shall die…"

He heard Kagome whisper her love for him, then her face turned sorrowful and whispered to someone that he would never love her. He let a tear fall down his face this time he did not whipe it away for this time his emotions will be shown.


"I will always love you Kagome."

Two ruby eyes narrowed in anger as evil hung in the very spot where she stood.

"enjoy your happinessssss for noowwww" she hissed as she slithered away into the darkness plotting her revenge.