InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love in strange places ❯ Whispering Dreams ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 28

Kagome woke up to a soft lulling sound and breathing down her neck. She opened one lazy eyes as she turned away from the rising golden sun that filtered through the gorgeous sheer blue curtains that swayed in the morning breeze. A soft content purr reached her ears as she nuzzled Sesshomaru who rested his head in the crook of her neck.

She sighed and sank deeper into her mate's embracing wishing that if only she could spend all eternity with him like this.

A sudden weight on the bed alerted her as she woke up to stare into a pair of innocent pale yellow eyes full of amusement.

"Hello kit." She whispered softly as she shifted to get more comfortable. Careful not to disturbe Sesshomaru.

"Morning momma, is Otou awake yet." She cocked her head side ways as her blonde hair went over her shoulder. She hopped on her mother's shoulder near her father's face. She lowered her face until it was inches away from her Otou's. She sat there wait…..and waiting….. until she was red with impatients..

"Otou-san……Otou-san!.....Otou-san!!!............... ......" Sesshomaru only flicked his elvish ears as if the sound was nothing though he was cringing in side. " OTOU-SAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Something snapped inside him…..errr….his ears. He sat up so fast that Sora was scared and got flung back only to be caught by his tail.

He lifted the little devilish kitten to eye level with him. He raised one eye brow as he growled questionly as if asking what she was doing. She giggled nervously as she looked every where but at him. He swiftly tightened his fluffy tail around her alittle bit giving her enough pressure to seem intimidating and in command.

"I am wasting patience………. My ears are still ringing." He put on a mad mask but inside he was quite amused to see the little kit panic awaiting for her father's punishment.

Her eyes watered and she went limp. Her lower lips quivered slightly as she made small cat like whines and sniffles. Her little round furry neko ears pressed flat on her head flickered ever so slightly. *May god have mercy upon me* Sesshomaru closed his eyes and sighed …… she was giving him the ` I'm a defenseless little kitten that you love so much and I'm so cute' look and appearance.

He relaxed his hold on her but the furry tail still around her like a big fur blanket. He wrapped his arms around her daughter as he gently purred soothingly into his daughters fluffy ears. Muffled laughter reached his ears as he growled playfully at his mate who thought the scene was extremely comical. He then without a warning tackled her taking the quealing demoness down on to the floor with their daughter. Sesshomaru wrapped a possessive arm around his family.

A knock disturbed him as red tint filled his eyes as soon as he recognized the scent.

"…Enter" He roared as his patience wore thin. He lifted his mate and daughter off the marble floor and set them upon the bed gently as he could in his mood and handed Sora to her mother. Sesshomaru in two steps was the door, he took a shaky breathe to calm him self but an annoyed growl manage to escape his lips. His clawed hands grasped the ivory handles as the great grand oak door made a creaking sound and the intruder was shown.

Lakasu stood at the door with a smirking Narama. Lakasu was leaning against the frame of the door trying to act seductive as she batted her eye lashes rapidly thinking that it was sexy. She was dressed in a revealing bright green kimono. It had a v neck that showed her breasts and slights on both sides that showed up to her waist. Lakasu eyed Sesshomaru appreciatively since he was only wearing the bottoms of his outfit. He did not have time to put the top of his armor on but now he wished he did.

"What is it that you WANT?" He said through his teeth though fully intending to be rude to them. Kagome walked over to him carrying a glaring Sora to Sesshomaru's side wearing a pale lavender kimono that had silver stars all over. He wrapped his arms around her and brought her closer to him to Lakasu's disgust. Sora snuggled into her father's embrace and blew a raspberry at Lakasu which caused a laugh from Kagome at her little kitten's antics.

*If I can't get him this way….. I'm just have to act real broken hearted.* (SHE"S STUPID) " Sesshomaru………" She whined as she stumped her feet " I just thought `hiccup' we could spend `sniff' sometime together `hiccup hiccup' since we are `sob sob' prospective mates." She was tearing up alittle. She pouted which made her to remind Sesshomaru of a snail youkai that he once crushed unintentionally.

Before he could say anything Narama took control of the situation by ushering them to the breakfast room dropping hints that perhaps Kagome should stay behind and watch the children. But was cut short as Sesshomaru glared daggers at her.

As they all seated down and began their breakfast Kagome decided to break the tension that was in the air. " So Lakasu from which land do you travel from." She asked casually trying to suppress the anger that was boiling in side her every time she sees Lakasu hanging all over Sesshomaru and right infront of their children to. The minute Shippo, Rin and Manei came in and saw her they all tensed. Lakasu's eyes rested on Manei first as always and widened with first anger, and disgust.

" hn I come from the Eastern lands where it is exceedingly beautiful then again ofcourse beauty is something you do not know of." She sneered thinking that she was wittier than Kagome and she grined snobbishly at Sesshomaru awaiting for his nod of approval as if a chubby kid for a treat after an exercise. But none came as his face was indifferent and Kagome's was calm and peaceful.

"Sesshomaru… you know the rules of the Youkais that resides in your house." A annoyed growl was her answer. " Under Youkai law you must give opportunity to the prospective mate as long as two weeks……….. unless …. You choose for her to remain longer." She knew Sesshomaru would not want Lakasu to stay longer than she had to but she would manage to achieve anything that she wishes.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEE!" Lakasu gave an ear splitting scream as she jumped into Sesshomaru's arms. He snapped his jaws at her and dropped her on the ground while she back paddled towards the end of the room. " GET AWAY FROM ME" couldn't you guess it, it was Mashik standing in his true form fur ruffled as he growled at the demoness. He stood the height of a horse with his five tails crackling with black electricity.

There was a playful glint in his eyes that Kagome saw immediately. She gracefully walked back to the breakfast table as best as she could without snickering or laughing. Yes, today was starting out pretty well for her.

~~~~~~~~AFTERNOON KAGOME"S DREAM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everywhere she saw as darkness surrounding her guarding her in an invisible prison. As scenes flashed before her eyes she recognized her mother siting on the rim of the well, with tears shimmering down her eyes as the afternoon sun hits the side of her face through the open shed door. Countless tears splatter to the bottom of the old and dusty well like summers rain and Aiko buried her head in her hands shoulders shaking as she sobbed.

"Oh Kagome… I'm never see you again my baby girl." Kagome choked on a sob as she heard her mother's words …. She longed to comfort her and wrap her hands around her and tell her she's still alive and she did not go through with her plans. She wanted to tell her that she was having pups that would soon be calling her Grandmother.

Kagome took a shaky step towards her mother and moved forward to embrace her mother.

" You are so different from me sweetie…" she whispered into the well, Kagome froze. " you had the courage that I did not….. you sacrificed yourself for love… and I? I ran away from pain. You faced the hardships for the life of your mate….. you may have thought you made him happy but was it enough to make you happy?

Kagome ran towards her mother to hug her but was astonished to have no reaction from her it was if she wasn't there. A force tugged at her dragging her away as she cried calling to her mother.

"NO……………NO MOTHER I'm HERE!!!" then all faded into darkness as the words that edged from her mother's lips replayed it's self over and over again.

The scenes suddenly changed as so many voices whispered into the wind.

" Do you love the girl?"

"No I love you and you only…. She's just a copy…."

"Then why do you not leave with me to hell where for all eternity we shall be together?"

"……….. I do not want to leave Miroku and Sango defenseless."

" You love the girl don't you?" The person sounded angry and bitter.

"No… she went off with my bastard Brother…. She's a common whore."

" She's with his pups too……. What a disgrace carrying hanyous…"

"she's a demon Kikyo……..a powerful one at that but not as pure, beautiful and powerful as you of course."

Kagome turned away from the sight as their conversation led on. She had to be strong for her pups, children and mate and she will be strong.

She closed her eyes as she thought about her children and how close she was about to sacrifice them along with her self to save Sesshomaru's life.

Her hand flew to her mouth as more tears went down her cheek now with her eyes open she saw Lakasu and Sesshomaru kissing each other and herself near birthing watching the scene from her knees. She watched in sorrow as Sesshomaru's blood red eyes turned upon her nine months gone self and walked towards her.

"I never loved you………….. the pups you carry disgust me….. why do you not go back to the hanyou mutt that created those pups." He snarled at her as his claws produced poison and Lakasu squealed with joy.

" Sess…Sesshomaru……….. the pups are…………" She saw herself struggling to put words together to tell him the truth.

"SILENCE YOU WENCH!" he roared as he backhanded her across the cheek. Angry tears streamed down her eyes.

She couldn't watch herself get hurt anymore… she couldn't…….. "STOP IT!!! NO!!!!..........."

………….End………….

She saw up under the sakura tree as cold sweat dripped down her face. It was all a dream…… or was it a vision of what would happen and what was happening.

She turned her head towards the castle as a full sakura blossom landed on her palm… She gasped… .in her palm was a tear shaped tattoo from where she caught her mother's tears. She knew what she had to do she needed to return to the future if for a little while. * I'm sorry Sesshomaru* she sent the message to him mentally as she whistled for Mashik. As soon as he transformed they were on their way to the bone eater well.

Sesshomaru ran out to the gardens in search of Kagome for he felt the effects of the mating marks. ` I'm sorry Sesshomaru' whispered past him. ` I shall return ` ` come if you wish to my home' Sesshomaru stared after his mate… once she disappeared past the horizon he mounted his dragon and called to the children.

Manei scrambled to get his brothers and sisters together as he headed towards he's father who had set an ice mask in place.

"Come we must follow your mother to her time." That was all that was needed to be said as they headed into the sun set.

……………………… ……Mean while………………………… ………

Mashik carrying his mistress swiftly across the sky was close in reaching their destination. His nose wrinkled as the unwelcoming scent of death and bones made to his nose. Kagome didn't fare better either. She was counting her lucky stars that the two would be too busy to notice her.

Mashik landed softly on his furry padded paws as he transformed into a small fox. Kagome slowly crept towards the well as softly as she can but a whoosh behind her and several giggles told her that she did not lose them. Sighing she turned to face an angry mate and four hyper children.

"eh heh heh…………." She scratched her head. " fine…" She sighed. "you may come but I want you to behave yourselves" she said as the children cheered. She side stepped and allowed the children to go first. Once they were gone threw the well Sesshomaru pulled her aside. " do not tell this Sesshomaru that you were simply home sick." He knew she was keeping something from him and with her carrying his pups close to the birthing date she cannot prance around.

" well I dreamt about my mother missing me so… I hurried home. " She said keeping a smile on wishing that he would buy it.

Something was wrong and he could sense it. Something was disturbing her and haunting her. He hopped into the well after he as whispers passed his ears. Golden eyes flickered red as jagged lines appeared upon his ivory skin. He sniffed the air in search of his dead lover with one last lustful stare at the well he turned promising that one day he will have her. And her alone.