InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love in strange places ❯ Forgiveness and Return to the Future ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 29

Inuyasha watched as Kagome leapt into the well before his brother did. She look like a temptress with her white hair and soft blue kimono. Her ocean eyes shined with happiness and content every time they rested upon the Taiyoukai. A growl rose up in his throat as he watches his brother ask her passionately if she was alright. From Inuyasha's point of view he could see the bulge in Kagome's stomach angering him even more. The pup should have been his instead of his brother's. Sesshomaru always had the best of things the lands, the power, the wealth and now a beautiful and powerful mate.

Inuyasha thought about his dead lover Kikyo. Kikyo the priestess of the Shikon No Tama from 53 years ago , the same priestess who he thought he had fallen in love with was reduced to nothing but a dead whore. He knew deep down that the Kikyo he fell in love with was a woman who was burdened with a curse that kept her from being free. He understood she felt no real love towards him but he was a pawn for her a single outlet of freedom. He felt no love now towards her either only lust on occasions. She was just a cheap imitation of the real Kikyo that lived fifty three years ago, the beautiful and soft ningen woman. This Kikyo was cold and hard……… but Kagome had Kikyo's soul and her life line yet she carries his brother's pups. It was enough to make a hanyou's eyes glaze over with blood.

……………………… …………. Meanwhile……………………… 230;……………

With the grace of an inhuman being Sesshomaru leaped out of the well with the children in hand or tail and landed gracefully outside. Kagome followed suit but was uncharacteristically uneasy and that made him suspect that there was something she knew or feared. They carefully approached the sliding paper door which separated them from Kagome's family. Sesshomaru felt his mate tense as noises of many people reached their ears, his eyes narrowed into golden slits as he narrowed in on a particular scent. Yusuke. The human cousin of Kagome who had dared to let loose the degrading names at which he labeled her. A slender hand covered his claws as it dripped sickly green acid upon the smooth lawn creating meters deep holes that would have made a mole proud.

As he looked into her eyes he could see the concern and worry present, she was worried that he would fight and somebody would get hurt. She was also concerned about the relationship between her family in him, she wanted…no Needed their approval though he knew if they would object she would leave with him without a second thought or would she… Sesshomaru shook his head to parish the thought and nodded stiffly to answer her silent question as she breathed out a breath she did not know she was holding that had a scent of relief.

A soft knock reached the ears of Aiko as she was in deep thought listening to Yusuke. There in the living room stood Yusuke pacing back and forth wearing out the carpet to a mere sheet. His friends who later introduced themselves as Hiei the quiet and short youkai whom she told she sensed immediately. He had black and white spiky hair and blood red eyes with a bandana upon his forehead where the Jagan eyes lay.

Kurama the human with a kitsune soul who was also known as Youko Kurama the famous silver kitsune who was cousin to Aiko (Hence the Silver kitsune part of Kagome). He was a very tall and lean young man with a sculptured face and red hair and the greenest of eyes. Keiko was Yusuke's girlfriend from what Aiko could tell she was very stuck up.

Aiko stood up and walked towards the door but paused abit when she had sensed Youko and Hiei tense at the aura of what was behind the door. She paid them no heed and continued towards the door that many months ago led her daughter away with words of death nipping at her heels. She almost held her breathe as she slowly reached for the door handle. She gasped at the sight of her daughter back after months that she thought she would be dead.

Unknown tears slid down her laugh lined face as she pulled her daughter in for a hug. Aiko weeped into her daughters silvery white hair which stuck to her face due to the wetness but Kagome did not care. For she too had felt the tug of missing her mother.

"Oh.. I ruined you lovely … kimono…*sob*" Aiko said stuttering as she quickly wiped the tears off her face to get a good look at her daughter. Kagome smiled and gently held her mother's hand in hers comforting her and telling her it's alright.

"It will not be a bother, my dress makers shall make her another." Sesshomaru stated with an icy tone as his eyes rested upon the now guilt ridden Yusuke whom had dropped his eyes to his toes hoping to avoid Kagome's gaze.

"I'm sorry I worried you Okaa-san…" she whispered softly as she took her place beside Sesshomaru and the children. Rin absent minded started braiding her tails as she stayed queit sensing that the adults were having a very important conversation. Shippo sat or should I say Jumped from shoulder to shoulder as he grew nervous under the gaze of Keiko. Manei sat on his father's right shoulder as he twitched his tail in annoyance at the Onna's scrutinating gaze upon him. He knew that his father also sensed her hatred towards him and her lust towards his father. A low growl of warning escaped Manei's throat as he snapped his fangs together at Keiko making her jump.

Sesshomaru gazed proudfully at Manei as he puffed up under the gaze of his father. Such a young pup yet he already growls possessively for his family. Meanwhile the two females chatted away about the babies that were coming soon and how she was eating. All grew tense as they fell silent.

"I'm sorry……………" came whispering around them.

"Hn?" Kagome said as her eyes filled with curiosity she knew perfectly well who had said that apology.

"I'm sorry Kagome for my earlier actions and speech…. I would be proud to have you as a cousin…. Please forgive me…." Yusuke pleaded as he stared into his cousins' eyes for any kind of a sign that would tell him that he was forgiven.

" I forgive you Yusuke …………. I know you did not mean what you said I could never stay mad at you forever." She said soothingly as she enveloped him in a heart warming embrace. Yusuke let out a breathe of relief and contentment as he hugged his cousin back. His eyes suddenly opened wide to the size of a gold fish. Round… bulgy…..hard……big( NOT THAT YOU PERVERTS) her stomach was ……………His eyes rolled to the back of his head as he fell faint to the floor.

Kagome stood there not knowing wether to laugh or stomp in anger that her illusion spell only worked to the eye……… but that means. Her eyes darted to the direction of Sesshomaru who had a curious look about him. * that means he must of felt the pups when he was holding me and when we……..* she blushed at the last thought. * I must speak with him about it… I can no longer hide it… perhaps Manei was right I can't hide forever behind this illusion.

After Yusuke was brought into the guest room still knocked out everyone introduced themselves to the new comers. Kagome bowed in respect though Sesshomaru simply nodded and stated in her mind `THE INFERIOR BEINGS DOES NOT DESERVE THIS SESSHOMARU"S RESPECT' Kagome couldn't resist an eye roll as he sent the message to her clearly. But a certain threat of ceasing a certain `''ACTIVITY `'' brought him to his senses. But only enough to nod a little lower than his nose.

Dinner was even more of a drama than before. Keiko kept on sending admiring glances at Sesshomaru who in return ignored her and continued to observe Kagome. Hiei and Kurama seemed to be having a silent argument in their heads. While the children…. Well……. They were practicing the fox magic that Shippo had all taught them. It was a simple spell of invisibility, if they focused enough they could make objects appear invisible. Sora concentrated so hard that she slammed her claws onto the table in frustration flinging Oden right into the face of her father.

Sesshomaru had quietly scraped away the mess from his face as he turned his eyes to the kit. Sora giggled and shuffled back on her chair alittle bit more. She even attempted to put Shippo infront of her. Being the protective and brave brother he was, he was ready to face his fathers wrath for her…………urgh after he was upstairs out of the window and down the well and into a cave. In other words………… he ran as if Inuyasha was chasing him. The silent stare down went like this…. ` glare ` …….. `darting eyes `'irritation sign of tail' `purr' `pout' `warning growl' ` tears' `sniffles' `eye roll' `whimpering' `sigh' ` tears splatter' Sesshomaru wrapped his tail around her and moved in to comfort her which she reacted with an innocent smirk towards her mother showing her that once again……… the Cute- innocent- fluffy ears- whimpering face worked. But her smirk soon turned into a pale frown as her mother smirked back.

Screeching filled the whole house. The sounds of a cat and dog fight could be heard.

Back in the house Sora now sat upon a very satisfied and content Sesshomaru who was smiling at his annoyed mate. Sora flicked her now limp and dead tail towards her hands her lips quivered and her eyes watered. But then her hands moved towards her usual cute fluffy cat ears which now look like patching wild hyena fur pulled out. Her face turned red and then…………… Kagome sighed and dropped her head in her lap and counted off mentally * 5…….4…….3…….2……1 here comes the water works*

"WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH OKAA-SAN" came from the house who was stirred up from cries of a child as the mother attempted to calm it while scolding at her husband who just sat and had an innocent and fulfilled grin.

……………………… .A LONG TIME LATER………………………… .

Kagome now sat alone in her Grandfather's study where paintings and ancient books and fairytales were everywhere and valued. This was the only peaceful place to actually hear her own thoughts. After calming Sora *or rather after she bit his tail back* she finally went up to bed with the rest of the children. To his disadvantage they had requested Sesshomaru to go with them. He sighed in disappointment knowing that he won't get much ` EXERCISE' done tonight.

Kagome chuckled as she thought back about the look upon her mate's face. Something then caught her eyes as she abscentmindedly glanced at the numerous book shelves. A large royal blue book which looked very old stuck out to her but not only that but the words upon it. Her breath caught in her throat as she read the spin of it.

" ADVENTURE OF THE SHIKON NO TAMA"

` The priestest Lady Kagome Protector of the Jewel'

` Naraku the evil hanyou who sought after'

DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Srry I took so long but I had a writers block:S PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS OR COMMENTS PLEASE REVIEW IT TO ME!!!!