InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love is a Fickle Thing ❯ Kidnapped ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Love Is a Fickle Thing
Chapter 1
Kidnapped
“Sit boy!” a girl shouted. The odd command was followed by a loud thud and a string of curses that could put a sailor to shame.
“Dammit Kagome, you can't go back now!” Inuyasha shouted.
“Inuyasha I have another test, and it's on math! If I don't pass this test, I'll never bring my mark up enough, and I won't pass math at all!” Kagome shouted.
“Fine then, big deal! You don't need this `skool' thing anyway, you spend most of your time here!”
“for now, but once we find the jewel shards, I'm gonna need a diploma to get a job! What am I gonna put on my resume, `feudal youkai hunter'?”
“What's a resume?” Inuyasha wondered.
“It's a thing that…that's not the point! I'll be back in three days, so don't you dare come before then!”
“Fine, but if you're not back in three days, I'm coming through the well and dragging you back here myself!"
"Sit."
"Gah!" Inuyasha ate some more dirt. Kagome picked up her backpack and walked into the forest. Sango stuck her head out of Kaede's hut and shook her head as the hanyou told the ground how frustrating Kagome was.
"If you would just be more reasonable, Kagome wouldn't sit you so much." she sighed.
"I m resonble, tit's dat ench tat's ot!" Inuyasha sputtered.
"Huh?" Sango exclaimed. Inuyasha got up and spit out some grass.
"I am reasonable, it's that wench that's not!" he huffed, walking into Kaede's hut and sitting against the wall. "She's always wasting time! It took two days to get back here, she's going to be gone for another three days, and then another two days to get back to the last village! We've lost an entire week just for one test." He growled. Miroku nodded sagely.
"I am inclined to agree, Inuyasha.We spend a lot of time to come back here for Kagome to get back home. And the more time we waste, the more powerful Naraku becomes." he said. Inuyasha snorted.
"Exactly! That stupid wench can't seem to understand that..."Inuyasha stopped and sniffed the air. He growled and leapt out of the hut towards the well. Shippo looked up from his pocky.
"He's gonna get sat." he sighed.
- - - - - - - - - -
Kagome lifted her bag up onto her shoulder as the well came into view.
"Bakayasha." she muttered. "I can't spend all my time in the feudal era."
'But you'd like to. Admit it, the idea of spending all your time with Inuyasha sounds nice. Tell me you wouldn't skip your tests if you could.'
"But I can't. I need to pass so I can get into high school next year."
'And high school. There, you can't just cruise through each subject, you need to keep your marks high to get the credit. And then what? Even more time studying, more time in your time, more time away from Inuyasha.'
"Shut up, I'll make due. Who are you anyway?"
"I'm the part of you that's smart enough to realize you can't live this double life forever.'
"Oh." Kagome sighed, reaching the well.
"Kagome!" a voice called. Kagome looked towards the village to see Inuyasha running towards her.
"Inuyasha, I have to go..."
"Naraku's in the forest! C'mon, we can get him this time." Inuyasha grabbed her hand and pulled her into forest. Kagome cried out and dropped her bag as she tried to keep up with Inuyasha.
"Inuyasha!" she protested.
"Can you sense any jewel shards Kagome?' Inuyasha asked. Kagome shook her head.
"No, I don't think Naraku's here. Inuyasha?" No response. "Inuyasha?" no response. "Inuyasha!" she shouted. Inuyasha growled.
"Could you just shut up?" he roared, spinning around. he knocked Kagome in the back of the head, and she fell to the ground.
- - - - - - - - - -
Kagome groaned and opened her eyes. She sat up and looked around. She was in the back of a damp cave. a soft bed of moss lay under her. She rubbed her head.
"Where am I?" she murmured. She gasped as a pair of hands snaked around her waist. A pair of hot lips kissed her neck.
"I've been waiting for you to wake up." a masculine voice purred. Kagome gulped.
"Inuyasha?"
"Is there another?" the hanyou said, licking Kagome's neck. Kagome shuddered.
"Inuyasha...what are you doing?" she whispered. Inuyasha moved one of his hands down, and Kagome tensed as he rested it on her thigh.
"What I should have done a long time ago." Inuyasha replied. Kagome squirmed in his grasp.
"Inuyasha...we can't..." she hissed. Inuyasha smirked against her neck, dragging his fangs lightly over her pulse. His hand began to make it's way up her leg.
"Why not?" he asked.
"It's not right...I don't want this yet..." Kagome breathed. Inuyasha growled, and the hand around her waist tightened.
"I don't remember asking you if you wanted this." he said. Kagome's eyes widened.
"Inuyasha..."
"You think I don't notice the way your scent spikes when you see me? You think I don't notice how you blush when you bandage my chest? I know you want me Kagome."
"I do, but...not like this." she groaned. Her body was starting to get carried away as the hand on her leg reached it's destination. Her mouth fell open, and her eyes rolled back into her head.
"Inuyasha...stop." she murmured.
"Make me." he replied.
"What the hell?" a voice called. Inuyasha's head snapped up from her neck, and he growled.
"What do you want?"