InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love is a Fickle Thing ❯ Back in Time ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Love is a Fickle Thing
Chapter 5
Back in Time
“So you're telling me that you're from 500 years in the future?” Kouga asked. Kagome had taken him back to Kaede's hut for lunch, and told him all about the Bone Eaters Well.
“It's true.” Inuyasha said from his hole. After much pain and twisting, he had managed to maneuver so that he lay face up, but still had trouble climbing out of the hole. “I've seen her home.” He said. Kouga growled.
“You mean dog shit can follow you there Kagome?” he asked.
“Yeah, only him and me, provided that I have jewel shards.” Kagome explained. Kouga looked over the edge of Inuyasha's hole and glared at the hanyou.
“Listen up half breed. I don't want you following Kagome to her home anymore, alright?” he asked. Inuyasha glared back.
“And why the hell shouldn't I?” he shot back.
“Because I don't trust you alone with her!” Kouga snarled. Inuyasha groaned.
“What the hell did I do to make you two hate me all of a sudden?” he asked.
“He has to come back with me Kouga.” Kagome said quietly. “I have to get supplies, and I can't carry everything by myself.”
“So there ya mangy wolf!” Inuyasha snorted. Kouga started growling again.
“Can you move yet Inuyasha?” Kagome asked.
“I'll try.” Inuyasha replied. He put a claw on either side of the hole and tried to pull himself up. He sat up and sighed in relief.
“I'm gonna be sore for a while, but I can move.” He said. Kagome got up.
“Ok, I want to go back as soon as possible. I need the time to study.”
“Study for what?” Kouga asked.
“She has these stupid test things that she does in her time.” Inuyasha told him. “I'm not sure why, but they're very important.”
“They're important because I need them for school.” Kagome reminded him.
“And what's school?” Kouga asked, completely confused.
“Someone in her time made up this rule that says you have to go to school to do anything else when you grow up.” Inuyasha muttered.
“That's completely stupid, why doesn't she just stay here?”
“That's what I've asked her…hey, where'd she go?” Inuyasha whipped his head around. Kagome was gone. He jumped up and ran to the well.
“Kagome!” he called. The miko turned around.
“Yeah?” she asked. Inuyasha stopped in front of her.
“I thought you wanted me to come back with you.” He replied.
“Well…I could maybe take Kouga. He has shards, he could go through…” she started. “If you don't want to come back, you don't have to.” Inuyasha's shoulders slumped, and he gently placed a hand of Kagome's shoulder. She tensed visibly.
“Alright Kagome, talk to me.” Inuyasha whispered. “Why are you so distant from me lately? What…” he stopped as he was sent flying into a tree trunk.
“Why the hell are you touching my woman dog shit?” Kouga snarled. Inuyasha turned around.
“I was trying comfort her!” he protested.
“She needed to be comforted because she was being touched by you!” Kouga snapped. He aimed a punch at Inuyasha's head. The hanyou ducked and caught Kouga's wrist, throwing sending him flying to the ground.
“Kouga, Inuyasha, stop it!” Kagome pleaded.
“Don't worry Kagome.” Kouga assured her. “I'm just going to kill this filthy half breed for what he's done to you.” He dashed at Inuyasha, catching his stomach with his shoulder and driving him into a tree.
“Oh for crying out loud, what the hell did I do?” Inuyasha demanded.
“You tried to rape her you fucking bastard!” Kouga yelled. Inuyasha's muscles slackened, and he jaw dropped.
“What?” he whispered. Kouga punched him in the jaw, and Inuyasha went down. He jumped up and turned to Kouga. “The are you talking about, I would never do that to Kagome!” he shouted. Kouga growled.
“I saw you, dog shit! You were holding her, and touching her! I saw you!” he grabbed Inuyasha by the throat and threw him towards the well. Jumping into the air, he aimed his knee at Inuyasha's head. Inuyasha rolled and held Kouga over the edge of the well.
“I would never hurt Kagome!” he snarled. He cracked his knuckles and leered at Kouga. “I've been waiting for this a long time, ya mangy wolf.” He aimed his fist at Kouga's head. Kagome gasped.
“Sit!” she screamed. Inuyasha and Kouga cried out as the sit flung him over the edge of the well, still holding Kouga. Kagome ran to the edge of the well.
“Inuyasha? Kouga?” she called. She looked over they edge of the well and gasped. They were gone. Both of them.
“Oh no.” she whispered. She put both legs over the well and jumped in.
- - - - - - - - - -
“Get offa me wolf!” Inuyasha snapped, trying to push Kouga off of him. The wolf jumped and landed outside the well. Inuyasha jumped after him, and noticed the well house. “Oh shit.” Kouga sniffed, and recoiled, covering his nose.
“My god, what the hell?” he choked.
“We're in Kagome's time. There's a lot of weird smells here.” A soft blue glow came from the well, and Kagome climbed up the ladder from the well.
“You got through the well!” she cried, pointing at Kouga. Inuyasha crossed his arms.
“Yeah, and now he can go back.” He huffed. Kouga shook his head.
“Oh no, I'm not leaving you alone with Kagome mutt.” He said. Inuyasha narrowed his eyes.
“I'm telling you, I did not try and rape Kagome!” he yelled.
“You filthy lying piece of shit, I saw you!” Kouga snapped. Kagome sighed.
“Inuyasha, grab Kouga's arm for a minute.” She asked. Inuyasha frowned, but did as she asked. “Sit!” the two men went sprawling on the ground. Kagome opened the doors to the well house.
“Now come on you two.”