InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love is a Fickle Thing ❯ The Whole Story ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Love is a Fickle Thing
More humor before the feudal era and the awkwardness return.
Chapter 7
The Whole Story
Dinner was a tense ordeal. Inuyasha and Kouga sat in opposite corners of the room, munching on ramen. Kagome and her family had sushi and oden in the middle of the room, but most of their time was spent making sure that the hanyou and the youkai didn't try to maim each other.
“Look at that filthy hanyou,” Kouga thought, slurping his ramen. “He tries to force my woman, and yet he's in her house, eating her food! Kagome's too nice for her own good.” Kouga smirked as he remembered Kagome was considering his proposal to make her his mate. “Stupid mutt has a scent claim on her, but all I need is a yes, and it won't mean shit. And once Kagome's mine, I can spend my time convincing her to let me kill the hanyou.” Kouga smirked at the thought.
“Why the hell is the wolf still here?” Inuyasha thought, glaring at the youkai. “Look at him! Sitting in her house, eating MY ramen, and smirking at me! Kagome should have let me kill him when we met him.” His eyes went downcast as he remembered what Kouga had said in the forest.
And what does he mean I tried to rape Kagome? I would never do that. The mangy wolf must have brainwashed her. Nah, he's not that bright. But she must believe him. Otherwise she wouldn't be so distant lately.”
“If I could clean out his filthy stench, that haori of his wouldn't look too bad on mine and Kagome's pups.” Kouga thought. “As for the sword, I could give it to my eldest. And I'd bet he'd be a natural, he'd be better then that mutt could ever be. All he ever does is shout `Kaze-no-Kizu', and attacks the ground. I'm sure that takes real skill, shouting and swinging.”
“I'm thinking a nice wolf skin rug. Kill Naraku, get a hut somewhere, and line it with their hides. Might smell a little, but I could just wash that out. And maybe stuff his head, put itin my room. Or send it to those two wimps that follow him around, I'm sure they'd want something left to bury.”
“Stop it you two.” Kagome warned. The two looked up.
“What?” Kouga asked.
“I wasn't doing anything!” Inuyasha shouted.
“I know you two. You were glaring, so don't think I don't know what you two are thinking,” Kagome said. “Now whatever you two were thinking, stop it now.”
“Tell the mutt to stop thinking. Now that's a little redundant.” Kouga snickered.
“I'll run the wolf rug idea past Kagome later sometime, preferably after she can't sit me anymore.”
“Kagome's going to make a great mom someday.” Sota thought.
- - - - - - - - - -
“What sort of language is this?” Kouga asked, sniffing Kagome's math book. Inuyasha glared from her bed. Kagome was in the bathroom changing for bed.
“It's something called math.” He said, rolling his eyes.
“This stuff can't be math, none of these symbols look like math.” Kouga replied.
“Well then put it down and leave. I'm sure no one will miss you.” Inuyasha snorted. Kouga glared.
“I'm not leaving you with Kagome. What's she doing anyway?” he asked, going to the bathroom door. Inuyasha sighed and stood up.
“Kouga, I wouldn't…”
“Kagome!”
“EEK! SIT!” Inuyasha gasped as his face met the floor. Kagome ran in with a towel wrapped around her.
“Oh Inuyasha, I'm so sorry.” She said, rubbing his back. “Habit.” Kouga came in, looking spooked.
“Habit?” he asked suspiciously. Kagome blushed and refused to meet his eye.
“Well, this wouldn't be the first time he's…caught me.” She whispered. Kouga's eyes widened.
“WHAT?” he roared. “What the hell are you looking at Kagome for half breed?”
“It was never on purpose!” Inuyasha protested. “I thought she under attack every time!”
“What about when we were in Dougenkyo? (1)” Kagome snapped.
“That wasn't my fault, you were the one who stood up!”
“And what when we first met!”
“I was trying to steal the jewel shard!”
“For someone to steal the shard, you seemed to look at the twins an awful lot!”
“Well you were wearing it around your neck, of course I had to look there!” Kouga's spooked look came back.
“The twins?” he whispered.
“Besides, you've caught me too!”
“And that was your fault too, you ran by us! (2)
“You saw the mutt nude?”
“Yeah, jealous wolf?” Inuyasha taunted. Kagome grabbed his wrist and latched it onto Kouga's shoulder. “Oh no.”
“Sit!” once again, the two hit the floor. Kagome sighed and stepped over them to the bathroom to finish changing. “I swear Kouga, one more word out of you, and I'm having Kaede get me a rosary for you too!” Kouga winced and looked up.
“What did I do?” I moaned.
“Where should I begin?” Inuyasha growled, getting up. Kouga leapt onto Kagome's bed and crossed his arms.
“Nothing compared to what you've done.” He muttered. Inuyasha flung up his hands.
“For the last time, what the hell are you talking about? I never forced Kagome.” He cried. Kagome came back in her pajamas and sighed.
“Inuyasha, you did.” She said softly. “When I left for the well yesterday, you came to me, knocked me out, and took me to a cave. I'm not sure why you claim you don't remember, but you did. We both saw and heard you, and I…felt you.” She practically whispered the last part. Inuyasha paled.
“Kagome…I swear, I didn't. I would never.”
“Enough with the damn lies mutt.” Kouga snarled. “Just get the hell out of here. I can protect Kagome better then a half breed like you ever could, and unlike you, I actually care about how she feels.” Inuyasha clenched his fists.
“Listen Kouga, just shut up and.”
“Inuyasha.” Kagome interrupted. “Maybe you should go.” She said softly. Inuyasha's fighting stance collapsed, along with his face.
“Kagome?”
“I just want some time to think.” She said. Inuyasha hung his head and looked away.
“I'll be in Goshinboku.” He muttered, climbing out the window. Kagome sat down in her desk and put her head down. Kouga snorted from her bed.
“Stupid mutt. He knows what he did. I'd be careful Kagome. Now he's all denial, but get alone with him, and I might not be able to stop him.” He told her. Kagome sobbed and lifted her head to stare ahead through teary eyes. Ironically enough, her eyes focused on the only picture of her and Inuyasha she had gotten him to pose for. It was just after they met Miroku, and he was still pissed about his groping. He had a look of spite on his face, but his arm was around her waist protectively.
“Inuyasha wouldn't lie about something like this…would he?”
1; A two parter, Kagome wakes up nude in a tub. Inuyasha runs in, and she leaps up to greet him, giving him a full view. Then she screams and ducks down.
2; When Jaken tried to steal Tetsusaiga while the foursome where bathing, Inuyasha ran out of the hot spring, giving Kagome a full view.
Again, next chapter, the humor ends, and the angst and romance begins again. Back to the Sengoku Jidai for our fav love triangle!