InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love is a Mysterious Thing ❯ Happy Valentines Day Kagome ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
An/ Thought I would try a Kagome and Miroku paring, this is a one shot Valentines Day story.
 
 
Life is not about roses, kisses, and candy coated love fore some of us valentines day is just another day of the year, for us to move on with our unloved lives, but then love finds a way to start.
 
By
Foreveraloneb1
 
Love is a Mysterious Thing
 
 
A black onyx haired girl sat before the fire staring into its depth, blue gray eyes studied the campfire before her, sadness shone in her beautiful eyes. Dressed in a white, and green school uniform, with long sun kissed legs, which were drawn close to her body, and her beautiful chin laid upon both her knees. Glancing down at her battery operated watch, she noticed the time at least the time in her era, 12:00 AM, it was now officially, February 14, the day known as Valentines Day, and here she sat alone. She really was not alone, there was four other beings with her, and three were asleep, one was not, and the last was not here, she had watched as he left following the soul collectors, not knowing that she had saw them, stating with authorized voice, that a demon was close by, and without a second glance the being she thought she loved more than anything in world leapt into the night, with a small sad sigh, she whispered into night “Happy Valentines Day, Kagome.”
 
Standing up and heading torwards the hot springs that her a Sango had bathed in earlier that night she left the safety of the campsite, not knowing that another was watching her. A black and plum purple robed monk had been watching the entire time, black metallic hair shined in the moonlight, as beautiful plum colored eyes watched her leave. He also had seen the soul collectors, he also knew were Inuyasha had ran off to, but his thoughts returned to a conversation he had with Kagome earlier on in the day. They had been walking torwards the next village in hopes of some news of a jewel shard when Kagome stated, “Tomorrow is February 14.” Now he was curious of what this day stood for. He slowed his steps to walk with her as he asked, “What does February 14 stand for in your time Kagome?” “It is known as Valentines Day, a day where we offer tokens of our affection, to the ones we love.” As he watched her leave he understood her pain, and he stood and followed her.
 
He followed her soundlessly, thinking about the first time he met her, she was the one who offered her friendship to him, she was the one who offered his acceptance into their group, and finally she was the one he saw first out of this group bathing in the hot springs, in all her naked glory, and at that moment he realized he was here because of her.
 
He watched as she came to the hot springs, steam floated around her, wrapping around her body, as the fireflies danced around her, she looked angelic, and he could not help him self as he made his presence known, and she turned and looked at him confusion alight her beautiful eyes.
 
Walking torwards her, and pulling her beautiful body close to his own, he heard gasp, as his gloved hand touched her beautiful face, as his other had came to the small of her back, “Miroku-“, She stated as his lips brushed hers, not once but twice, pulling back, he spoke these last words to her as his hand on her back began it's descent torwards her bottom, “Happy Valentines Day Kagome.”
 
With in seconds the sound of a hand contacting flesh could be heard, Kagome had felt the monk's affection, as his ungloved hand stroked her bottom not once but twice, and upon instinct, she reacted, her hand came up and connected with his beautiful boyish face, he staggered away from her, as the red welt appeared across his beautifully sculptured face, she realized she never once thought of Inuyasha as Miroku's lips caressed hers, and she still held no thoughts of him as her angry gaze sought his, plum eyes met those of blue gray, “Happy Valentines Day Miroku.”
 
Smiling to his self the monk knew he won this round for she did not call out for the others, nor did she speak disrespectfully to him, standing and rubbing his cheek at the same time, Miroku realized that love can make itself known anytime, and anywhere, and hopefully this was it's time. Following her back to camp, and stating these last words, he felt hope of catching her, “Tomorrow is a new day.”
 
AN/ Kind of cute, right.