InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Is For Forever ❯ Love Is For Forever ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I can't help it! Angsty stuff is always in my head! Although I have NO idea why that is…… Anyway, I hope this actually turns out to be a one-shot. Maybe it'll turn out like DYLM? (Hopefully not though.)

Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Love Is For Forever

By: blue sakuras

Her eyes strayed towards the bloody field.

The slaughter she had not seen.

The screams she had not heard.

The blood that had been spilled.

The tears that had been shed.

All because of her.

.

All because of her and her careless decision.

Sin always finds a punisher to punish the sinned.

And she had a punisher coming for her.

Her choice, her life.

All wasted from one decision.

She had killed so many innocent and unsuspecting people from a careless mistake.

A stupid, careless mistake.

The girl kneeled onto the blood soaked dirt and held her head in her hands, and sobbed.

If only she had come a day earlier.

If only she hadn't been lazing about and hurried back, when she promised.

If only she could turn back time.

If only……

She knew he was angry. Not at her, but at the village. They had become angered by Kagome, and had said things that made him angry. So angry.

She knew he couldn't of standed more than a day without the sword. She knew it.

He relied on the sword for control from his pure demon side.

She knew it. But she didn't hurry.

She thought it wouldn't matter, one day wouldn't make a difference.

She was wrong.

He had lost his control over his demon blood. Maybe it had been a little taunt. Maybe it had been a splinter. Maybe it had been a bee.

The smallest thing would have set his demon blood off, and it had, and she had to pay the price of not rushing. Seeing all those she cared for in the village, dead.

She HAD to find him. He wouldn't have gone far, full-demon or not. He KNEW she would come back, even though it was too late.

He was waiting for her somewhere around here, waiting for her to come.

So he could kill her.

She knew it, she didn't try to pretend it didn't exist. But she knew, and that was enough.

Running away and hiding would do her no good. Because all that was left to hide and run from was herself. And she would never desert him.

"Inuyasha?" she cried hoarsely. "Where are you? Inuyasha? Please answer me!"

A low and feral growl came from behind her. She quickly spun around, was startled meeting face to face with the red-eyed demon.

"Where is it?" he growled, no emotion other than fury visible in his face.

Kagome knew what he wanted, and lifted up the sword from to ground to hand to him slowly, knowing any sudden movements would be instant death.

"Here, Inuyasha. Please take it."

Her eyes pleaded. He watched her, and his left hand slowly reached for the powerful sword.

Grasping the sheath gently, he slowly collapsed, the world going black.

-.- (What? You expect a HAPPY face after what I just wrote?)

Kagome slowly walks towards the well, her enormous pack in hand. Inuyasha, now back to normal, walks sullenly next to her.

She reached the well in a few steps and set her pack down next to it.

"Inuyasha." The hanyou looked up at her at the mention of his name.

"I know this is hard for you. But, staying here is harder." He looked away in shame, not knowing what to respond with.

"I'm happy you're back to normal, and I hope that we can start ov-"

"We can't." He looked at her squarely in the eyes. "I've done this before, TWICE." He spat that word out like it was venom. "And I know how difficult it is for me. How the hell are you going to cope? Can you stand that I killed them? I killed them with these hands," and holds up his two clawed hands in hatred, "and I laughed as I gutted them, sliced them open and -" he was cut off of his gruesome description by Kagome.

Her eyes held sadness, regret, and pity. "No." she whispered to him, grasping his hands into her petite ones, "No, I can't stand it. But I can stand helping you. And I know of those other times, because I was with you." She looked at him with a small smile.

"I love you and that is all that matters. I know it's happened before, but I have always been there, and I'm not leaving now! It doesn't matter that we got to know everyone, and thought dearly of them, it's you I love! Love holds us together and it is for forever."

She looked at him with adoration and love. His eyes softened and his arms found their way gently around her petite frame.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Breaking their embrace, Kagome linked hands with Inuyasha.

"Let's find another village. Which direction do you want to go in this time?" It was their little ritual. Everything something bad happened in the village they resided, they traveled back to the well, and walked off in a direction. Together.

"There. Let's go there." He pointed in the opposite direction from where they had come, and gently grasped the petite hand of Kagome in his and walked in that direction.

It didn't matter if the world hated him, as long as Kagome was by his side. And with the Shikon no Tama, it had ensured her a life span equal to his own.

She was right.

Love was for forever, never to be broken, not even in death.

Love is a magical thing, always to be held sacred, never to be lost.

Love is forever,

It is time itself,

For without love,

There is nothing,

Nothing to live for.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

AN: Don't kill me! I didn't kill Miroku or Sango or Shippou or Kaede or Kirara or anyone. It's an alternate universe if you couldn't tell. I couldn't tell if if was one, until the end.

It's one were Inuyasha and Kagome are together, and have been for awhile. There is no Sango, Miroku, or Shippou.

Inuyasha IS a hanyou, and Kagome HAS the Shikon no Tama, but she used the magical powers a LONG time ago to wish for a life equal to that of Inuyasha's. So if he were to die, she would too.

I don't know if I want to continue this because I think it's a great ending, although really REALLY short.

Does it make a lot of sense? I didn't think so. I just wrote it, so yeah.

I had no idea who the `she' was in the beginning. Hell, I made it up completely off the top of my head. The girl in the beginning might as well as of been Sango for the hell of it.

Oh well.

I hope you enjoyed it, and keep in mind I didn't write it for it to make sense, so duh…… Some of it didn't make sense to me too.

I thought it was pretty though, in an ironic tune. Sortaish.

I'm still undecided if I should make this a chapter fic or leave it at a one-shot.

It's good either way. It just depends on if reader's like this type of material.

And if you were confused, don't worry. I just typed whatever came to my head. A plot didn't form until I finished and then I went back and tweaked it to fit. Overall, I think it was pretty good. Sorta.

Ja Ne~