InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Is Never What You Think It Is ❯ The New Member Kagome ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SP:Chappie three!!!!!!Yay!!!!!!!Now it's gets goooood.*smiles evilly*

Inu:I think your mom's chicken did something to ya.Your acting strange.First you were acting stubborn and dense,now it's the other way around.How confusing.

RinD:Welcome to my world.

Inu:Thanks for the welcome but no thanks.

RinD:Huh?

SP:Onto the story.Or else this will never end.Oh yeah....if I spelled something wrong or anything like that,I didn't mean to.I'm not too good with typing.Don't know how I make an A in english.^_^

Chapter 3

*ten years later*

"Sango!Turn down that stupid radio!"Inuyasha screamed down the hall.He was getting a headache from the loud music.Sango popped her head out the door.

"Fine Inu-cry baby.I'll turn down the music."Sango disappeared into her room and Inuyasha smiled as the racket died down.He then went down to the living room.The tree house had become very homey in the past 10 years.It now looked more like the inside of a mansion than a hand built tree house.Inuyasha found Miroku snoozing on the couch.He had obviously drifted off while watching t.v.

"Yo Miroku.Wake up!"Inuyasha flopped down onto the couch while the monk besides him shot up.

"Aw man,Inuyasha...Why'd you have to wake me up?I was having a great dream."Miroku wiped his eyes.

"About Sango?"Inuyasha smirked.

"Maybe.It's none of your concern.Now what do you want?"

"I wanted to see if you and baka upstairs,wanted to go exploring the woods somemore.That is...if your not too busy dreaming of your girlfriend."Inuyasha chuckled,but soon found himself rubbing his head.Miroku's staff returned to it's place by the couch.

"I would enjoy a nice walk through the woods.Let me go get Sango."Miroku got up and went upstairs.Inuyasha was left alone.

"Stupid monk.I was only joking.He didn't have to hit so hard.Now he left a bump."Inuyasha rubbed his head one more time before he left the tree house and sat under a tree.

Miroku knocked on the door.

"Sango,you wanna go walking?Me and Inuyasha are leaving now."

"I'm coming.Hold on."Miroku waited for a minute before Sango came out of her room.She had a simple outfit on.Blue jean shorts,tight t shirt,and running shoes.Miroku thought she was beautiful nonetheless.He quickly turned to his room before Sango could see the blush streak across his face.He had been secretly admiring the girl for quite some time now.He wanted to tell her,but was afraid she would let him down.So he settled for afar admiring.Sango looked at his turned back and shrugged.

"Well...I'll be waiting in the living room for ya.Come down whenever."she made her way downstairs,whistling.Miroku turned around.His blush was now completely gone.Which was good.He then made his way downstairs as well.

~

"Should we take our weapons?We could possibly get some practice in."Sango suggested.

"That would be great.I do need to get working in my skills again."Inuyasha said.

"I didn't know you even had any skill.I thought it was only luck."Miroku teased.Inuyasha's eyebrow twitched annoyed.He clenched his fists together as he turned and starred daggers into Miroku's face.

"I don't mind the other insulting jokes you say,but when you insult my skill,you've gone too far!"Inuyasha charged Miroku,who easily dodged.From all the years he spentwith the hanyou,Miroku had learned Inuyasha's ways quite well.He dodged again as Inuyasha went for another attack.Sango sighed and climbed back up the ladder.

"I'll get the weapons.Sheesh.You'd think those two would get over their childish teasing.Sad."Sango hauled herself up and over the top of the ladder.She went inside and found all of their weapons.Her boomerage bone,Miroku's staff,and Inuyasha's sword.Sango thought that Inuyasha should rid of the old blade,but the hanyou ignored her.He said it was the only remaining memory of his father that he had,so there for,he kept it.Sango grabbed all 3 weapons and made her way down the ladder.When she hit the ground and looked up,she wished she had stayed up in the tree house.The scene that was laid out in front of her was just stupid.Sango only guessed what had happened.Miroku had hit a tree and angered some squirrels,who had came back for revenge,made them attack the inu hanyou,and get him pissed as well.Now,Inuyasha was chasing the squirrels and cursing at them loudly.They all ran up a tree and quickly started to throw nuts at him.One bonked him on the head.Inuyasha rubbed his head and cursed even louder.Then he found himself in a pile of nuts,unconsious.Sango and Miroku sighed deeply.

"Shall we leave him?"Sango asked as she tossed Miroku his staff.

"Naw.That would only get him pissed at us and we wouldn't want that,would we?"Miroku walked over to Sango,who was strapping her boomerage onto her back.

"No we wouldn't want that.Well...let's get to digging."

"Let's."Miroku finished as he bent down to help dig out the hanyou.

~

"Inuyasha..leave the squirrels alone.I don't want to have to dig you out of another pile.Just forget about them and enjoy yourself.You hardly ever do anymore."Miroku called up into the trees above him where he could hear the hanyou curse at the furry creatures in the trees with him.

"Feh.Shut up Miroku.I can do whatever I want to.If I want to scream at the damn squirrels,I will.Got that?"Inuyasha growled.Sango shook her head and quickened her pace.

"Why can't you children get along?"she mumbled to the boys.They looked at her confused,then continued their yelling in each other's faces.

"I was only trying to cheer you up!"Miroku started.

"Well I don't want to be cheered up!"

"Fine!I'll piss you off instead!"

"Don't worry!You already have!"

"Good!"

"Fine!"Inuyasha growled at Miroku as he walked off.That's when he noticed he was alone.

"Great.Why do I have to get everyone around me pissed all the time?It always ends up with me alone.Oh well."Inuyasha disappeared into the trees' canopy again.He found a suitable limb and sat down on it with his left leg dangling."I'll just wait here.They'll come home sooner or later."Inuyasha was about to relax,but his sensative ears picked up a soft voice.He shot up instantly."Wonder what that could be.It isn't Sango or Miroku because they're in the other direction.Who could it be?"Inuyasha asked himself before he took off in the direction of the noise.

~

"Sango,wait up!"Miroku panted.Sango looked his way before she continued walking.

"What do you want Miroku?I thought you were still arguing with Inuyasha."

"I was,but we kinda finished the arguement.Soo...where are you going?"

"I was going to that little clearing not to far from here to practice a bit.Where's Inuyasha?"

"Oh he's probably still back at the house.(That's what they call their tree house.)Hopefully he'll stay there."

"Your mean Miroku.I think you should go back and apologize to each other."Sango gave the monk a stern look.

"Aww Sango,I don't wanna.At least not right now.I will when we head back.Okay?"

"Fine.Come on.We can practice together,I guess."Sango sighed as the two entered the clearing.Miroku smiled.

"Shall we start?"He asked.

"Duh.Now stay there and block my attacks.I need to work on my aim.Okay?I won't try to hurt you."

"O-okay.I'll-I'll try.But you know...I'm not that good at blocking you.Member last time?"Miroku gulped.

"Oh yes.I do.You had to stay in bed for a week.That bump that I gave you wouldn't go away.But I promise I'll go easier this time.I won't throw it as hard as I did that one time."Sango laughed as she recalled last year's accident.

"Okay.If you say you will."Miroku still wasn't to sure about her.

"Miroku,do you trust me?"Sango asked.She was getting tired of him being scared of her.

"Yes."Miroku answered truthfully.

"Well trust me now.I won't hurt you.All you have to do is block.Your staff can block every attack if you use it right.Come on,trust me."Sango said as she unstrapped her boomerang.

"Alright...I will.Let her rip,Sango!"Miroku sunk down into a blocking stance.With his staff ready in front of him,Miroku was good to go.Sango smiled at him before she readied her weapon.She then positioned her arm over her head(the one with her weapon of course) and threw the bone boomerang.Miroku watched it speed towards him and when it was about 6 feet away,Miroku shot his staff out and connected with the attack.The boomerang flew back to Sango,who caught it.

"See Miroku,you can block it.Wasn't that easy?"Sango smiled as she looked at Miroku's shocked face.

"It was.Let's keep going.This is pretty fun."Miroku readied again.Sango smiled and threw her boomerang at Miroku.

~

"There it is again.It sounds like a girl.But the only girl that's out here is Sango,right?"Inuyasha asked no one in paticular.He was now closing in in the stranger.

"Hello?Is anyone out here?"the voice called again.This time,Inuyasha stopped.He was right.It was a girl out here.Inuyasha sniffed the air for any hint to who the stranger was.The scent of jasmine came to his nose.It came from somewhere in the east.Inuyasha,with his stubborn and nosey self,followed the sweet smell.He walked for about 3 minutes until a raven haired girl appeared in front of his eyes.Inuyasha quickly hid behind a tree as the girl turned in his direction.Inuyasha poked his head over the bushes to glance at her face.The girl had pale skin and the clearest blue eyes.They were the color of the sky.Inuyasha watched as the girl looked around her.She looked lost.

"Damn.Why did I have to go into the woods?Why couldn't it have been Bobby or Jake?They deserve this more than I do.Wait til I get outta here.I'll kick both their asses so hard,they'll be wishing they were lost in these woods.Mad do those two piss me off."the girl mumbled to herself.Inuyasha smiled as he listened.Seems like the girl had been tricked into coming in the forset.It also looked like the girl was gonna kill whoever made her do it.

"For the last damn time,is anyone out here?!"the girl yelled.Inuyasha listened as she yelled.'Should I go out there,or should I stay here?Aw what harm can she do?I'll more than likely just scare her off.I guess it wouldn't hurt.'The hanyou stood up and brushed himself off.

"Yeah there's someone else here.Me"he said as he watched to see what the girl's reaction was.She jumped at the sound of his voice ,turned around,and gave a look of relief.

"Thank goodness.Finally,someone to get me outta here."the girl walked over to Inuyasha.He was confused.Did she not see his ears and claws?

"Your not scared of me?"he asked.The girl looked at him.

"Heavens no.Why would I?"the girl asked.

"My ears and-"

"Claws?I saw 'em.Your a demon,right?"

"Half.Why aren't you scared?"Inuyasha asked.

"I'm a miko.I have to put up with demons all the time.Well..not all the time.More like,half.But don't worry.I won't hurt you...if you don't hurt me.By the way,I'm Kagome.You are?"

"Inuyasha.What's it to you?"Inuyasha stepped back.He remembered his father saying something about mikos.That and him saying they were bad.

"You don't have to get angry.I just wanted to know.So...can you help me get outta here?"Kagome looked at the hanyou.He had a unsure expression on his face."What's the matter?"

"My father told me to stay away from mikos."Inuyasha growled.

"I see.I won't hurt you,if that's whats bothering you.Like I said before,I won't hurt if you don't hurt.I promise.Now come here."Kagome smiled as she watched the hanyou.He looked like he was having a hard time choosing between his father's advice or her sweet promise.Kagome decided to act for him.She stepped closer to him.Inuyasha tensed up.He started to growl at her."Oh stop that.I'm not gonna hurt you.See."Kagome grabbed his upper arm.Nothing happened.Inuyasha stopped growling and yanked his arm away.

"Don't touch me."he shot at her.Kagome's smile turned to a frown.

"Fine.I won't.Can you just show me the way out of here?"Kagome sighed.

"Wouldn't you like to clean up first?You look absolutely horrible."Inuyasha said.Kagome looked down at her clothes.They were covered in mud,grass stains.rips,and other stuff.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to tidy myself up.You know a place nearby where I could?"Kagome asked.

"You can clean yourself up at my house.Come on."Inuyasha started to walk off.Kagome quickly caught up.

"You live out here?Wow.That is sooo cool!"Kagome said with delight.Inuyasha groaned.

"Will you shut up?I really don't want to hear your jabbering."Kagome scolded the hanyou,but did as asked.Inuyasha smiled as he walked along in silence.

"Well...Sango's gonna be happy."he said.

"Who's Sango?"Kagome wondered aloud.

"She's one of my friends that lives with me.The other is Miroku.We live in a tree house."Inuyasha answered.

"Cool."Kagome said and continued to follow Inuyasha.

"Keh.If you think it's cool living with a stupid monk and an goody goody girl...your crazy.I don't know how I survive them two.Sango,she won't let you have any fun ans Miroku...well...we think his brain stops working sometimes.He sometimes can't even answer a simple math question.I'm the only sane person there."Inuyasha said.Kagome rolled her eyes.

"I doubt it.Only the most INsane person says that.I can't wait to meet your friends.They sound like their pretty cool people."Kagome giggled as she watched Inuyasha glare at her.

"Whatever.Come on.We're almost there."he lead her down a math that looked like it was used often.Kagome smiled when a big tree came into view.She looked up at the big tree house that was amongst the tree's limbs.

"Welcome to my home."Inuyasha said.He then hopped to the porch.Kagome gaped at him for a minute before she climbed the ladder.When she reached the top,she shivered a bit at how high up she was.

"Come on in."Inuyasha showed her the door and she entered.Her eyes grew large when she saw what was inside.

"DAMN!THIS PLACE LOOKS LIKE A MANSION!"Kagome gawked.She looked around the living room.Inuyasha sighed behind her.

"The bathroom's upstairs if you want to use it,"he tried to catch the girl's attention,but failed."HEY!I said the bathroom's upstairs."Kagome shook herself out of her daze and thanked Inuyasha.She then disappeared upstairs. Inuyasha sat down on the couch.He rubbed his head for he had a major headache.

"Damn.That Kagome can be worse than Sango."

"What did you say about me Dog boy?"a voice called from outside.Miroku and Sango entered the room.The two sat their weapons by the door and went over to sit with Inuyasha.

"Where have you two been?"Inuyasha asked.

"We were at that clearing about 5 minutes away from here.Got some great practice in.You should have been there.Miroku's improved a lot,"Sango said as she took her hair down."Where have you been?"

"Uh....well....I ...found someone out in the woods."Inuyasha stuttered.He was trying to be cautious at what he said to Sango.

"Oh really?Who in there right mind would come this far into the woods?"Miroku asked.

"I would."Everyone turned their head's to see who said the sentence.Inuyasha turned right bach around when he saw Kagome.Sango and Miroku,on the other hand,kept their attention on the raven haired girl in front of them.Kagome blushed a little at their starring.

"You two must be Sango and Miroku.Inuyasha told me about ya'll.The mentioned friends turned their heads to look at Inuyasha.

"You let a girl into our house?"Miroku whispered.

"And look at her.She's standing there with nothing but a towel on."Sango added.

"She needed a bath.She was dirty.I thought you would like another girl in the place,Sango,so I let her come.Please don't kill me."Inuyasha whimpered.Sango and Miroku looked at each other then gave Inuyasha a smile.

"She can stay.But how'd you find her?"Miroku asked.

"She was lost."Inuyasha answered.He looked behind him at Kagome.Sango was now standing in front of her,introducing herself.Miroku and Inuyasha watched as Sango lead Kagome up the stairs and into her room.

"Guess she's giving her some clothes."Inuyasha said as he turned around.

"That's good.Well....now we have another person in our team.Is she staying?"

"I guess.I don't really care if she stays or leaves."Inuyasha shrugged.He turned the t.v. on and flipped through the channels.Miroku looked at him,but decided not to ask.He just settled down and watched t.v. with his best bud.

~

"So your name's Kagome right?"Sango asked when the two girls were in her room.

"Yup.And of course,your Sango."Kagome smiled as she sat down on the soft bed.

"I guess your waiting on some clothes?"Sango looked Kagome over."Your about my size."

"If you don't mind giving me some.My clothes are in the bathroom."Kagome said as she bounced up and down on the bed.It was one of her routines.Sango quirked an eyebrow to the girl,but didn't say anything.She instead went to her closet.Kagome was enjoying herself on the bed when a shirt landed on her face.She stopped bouncing,grabbed the towel that was around her,and looked at the shirt.She then looked up to see a huge pile of clothes on the floor and Sango rumaging through her closet.

"All I needed was a simple set of clothes.You don't have to pick them out."Kagome said.

"Nonsense.I don't mind.I always do this.A habit I guess.Aha!Here we go.I think you'll look good in this.You can change in the bathroom.When your finished,bring back your clothes so I can wash them."Sango said as she rushed Kagome out the door.Kagome looked at the door and then made her way back to the bathroom.

"These people sure are strange.Their too nice.Well...Inuyasha isn't that nice,but Sango and Miroku...they're creepy.I'm starting to believe what Inuyasha said about them.Oh well.Guess I'll just go along with it."Kagome said to herself as she walked into the bathroom to change.

~

"I'm hungry.What's for dinner tonight?"Inuyasha asked Miroku.

"Why you asking me?I don't know."Miroku answered back.

"Maybe I'm asking because your the one cooking tonight.You better think of something fast before I rip your head off and cook it."Inuyasha growled.Miroku looked at the hanyou.He then got up and headed into the kitchen.Inuyasha smiled as he heard pots fall and Miroku scream "Stupid pots!".Inuyasha then felt his head get slapped.

"Ow!Who in the hell was that?"Inuyasha rubbed his head.He looked behind him to see Sango smiling back at him.Behind her was Kagome.She was dressed in a tank top and a pair of Sango's blue jeans.

"Sango.Don't be mean."Kagome said as she walked over to Inuyasha.He only growled at her.

"I don't need your concern.I'm fine."

"Kagome,he needs to be hit.It might just knock some sense into him."Sango giggled as she and Kagome went out the door.Inuyasha watched them go.He then turned off the television and went out the back door.He was going to do some thinking when he overheard the girls.

"So where did you come from?"Sango asked.

"Japan.I came over here to visit my aunt for a year."Kagome answered.(They're in America)

"Cool.I came from Japan too.I came here because my family was killed.Don't ask me why they made me come to America.I don't know."

"I'm sorry your family was killed.My dad died a while back.But I'm over it."

"So am I.Well...how do you like it here.Did you know that Miroku,me,and Inuyasha built this place?"

"Oh really?It's great here.I never would have guess that ya'll built it."

"Inuyasha built most of it.Me and Miroku just helped a little."

"I never would have thought that a stubborn guy like Inuyasha would build something like this."Inuyasha growled lowly at her 'stubborn' comment.

"Inuyasha is stubborn,but he's also a nice guy.I don't know why he's such a jackass all the time.Maybe he just wants to be.Or maybe he just wants to be mean to people because he likes it."

"I don't think he's that mean.When I first met him,Inuyasha acted a little kind.I mean,he offered me to come here.That's nice...Isn't it?"

"You have a point there.I don't know.After all these years with the guy,I still don't understand Inuyasha.He's a very complicated dog."

"A lot of people are.But I do have two things nice to say about the guy.He's sometimes nice and he has the cutest inu ears.Don't you think?"Kagome giggled.Inuyasha blushed.'She think my ears are cute?'

"I thought they were when I was young,but now I'm used to them.I think it's the way they twitch that gets us girls."

"I think your right.Ever since I first saw them and watched them move,I've wanted to play with Inuyasha's ears."

"I don't think he'll let you though.I tried when we were little and he only snapped at me."

"Well...I can always hope.Maybe some day he will."

"In your dreams.He hasn't even known you for 2 hours and you say you want to pet his ears.Ha!I'll be shocked if he even let's you touch HIM.He hardly even let's me touch him when he's hurt."

"That's because your way too hard with the bandages."Inuyasha murmured.

"Oh well.I'll just forget about him then.I'll probably be leaving anyhow."

"Oh please don't go.I've always been the only girl here.Your like the only girl I've talked to in ages.Don't go."

"Alrigt,alright.I won't leave."

"Yippee!Now let's get back inside.I smell dinner."Sango said as she went to the door.Inuyasha heard Kagome get up as well and walk into the house.

"So....she likes my ears,huh?Sango doesn't think I'll let her pet them either.Well,I'll just have to show her.Let's see how Miss KnowItAll likes it when she's wrong."Inuyasha said to himself as he got up and entered the house from the back.He smiled at Sango as he walked into the kitchen.Sango tensed.'He's up to something.I know it.'she thought.She then averted her gaze back to her plate.'Wonder what it is.'

END

SP:Well...this is the longest chapter I've writen in HISTORY!!!!Usually I like 'em short,but this one had to be long.

Inu:It better be long.You spent a long time typing it.

RinD:Really.

SP:I hate it when you two team up against me.I hardly ever win.Oh well!^_^Until next time....Tata!Oh and review.I need more than JUST ONE!!!!