InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Is Never What You Think It Is ❯ Getting to know you a bit more ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SP:Okay people....You are REALLY pissing me off!I've had this story up for almost a month now and only ONE review?Do ya'll hate me that much?It bad enough that I lost my kitty but my reviews?Why?Why me?If ya'll hate me so much just tell me why.Anything is accepted.Suggestions,flames,nice notes,crazy crap,anything.Just review!

Chapter 4

Dinner was done and everyone was now in the living room.Inuyasha in a corner,Miroku on the love seat,and Sango and Kagome on the couch.

"So what do ya'll do here?"Kagome asked.

"Whatever we want."Sango answered.She sat up and looked at her new friend.

"Oh.Do ya'll ever go into town?"

"Sometimes.But only when needed.We don't really fit in with the crowd."Miroku said.

"Well,would ya'll like to go in the morning?I could show ya'll around and we could have a good time."Kagome smiled at her thought.

"I don't know.I don't like the idea of being around big crowds."Sango admitted.She liked it here with her friends.Alone.

"Oh come on.I'll be there with you and besides,you'll be having too much fun to even notice the people around you."Kagome grabbed Sango's arm and shook it.

"Okay.Okay.I'll go.Just please release my arm."Sango said as her body stopped.Kagome sweatdropped and smiled.

"Great!Are ya'll coming too?"Kagome asked the boys.Miroku shrugged and nodded while Inuyasha stayed quiet.

"Yo.Inuyasha.You awake?"Kagome asked as she blinked curiously in the hanyou's direction.He still stayed quiet.Kagome sighed,got up,and walked over to Inuyasha's side.She waved her hand in his face.

"Yo.Inuyasha.You coming or not?"Kagome asked again.

"I guess.Now can you get out of my face?"Inuyasha mumbled.Kagome looked at the hanyou but did not move her hand.

"What's up with you?"INuyasha responded by snapping at her hand.Kagome squeaked and quickly retreated to the couch with Sango.The taijiya glared at Inuyasha who had his head back down.

"It's okay Kagome.He does that a lot.We all know he's coming too.Now....since Miroku keeps sighing ever so often,how 'bout we hit the sack?You can sleep in my room with me Kagome."Sango said as Miroku smiled,knowing that at least someone noticed his boredom.Kagome nodded and the girls headed to Sango's room.That left the boys alone.

"You know Inuyasha,you COULD be a little nicer to Kagome.She was only trying to be your friend."Miroku said.He stood up and looked at his best bud.

"Shut up monk.I know what I did and I really don't give a damn.Now why don't you go to bed?You need sleep."Inuyasha looked up.Miroku sighed.'Inuyasha is a strange one.One minute he's a jackass,the next a caring person.Will that dog ever make up his mind?'"I'm gone."Miroku waved Inuyasha good night and left the room.Inuyasha listened for his door to shut before he sat down on the couch.

"Ah.Now this I could get used to.Peace and quiet.No disturbances.Perfect."Inuyasha sighed and sunk into the back of the leather couch.He looked up at the ceiling when a thump was heard.Obviously Sango or Kagome had fallen down or some stupid thing like that.

"Stupid girls."Inuyasha grumbled as he moved his gaze to the nearby window.A breeze came in and rustled his hair.Inuyasha relaxed,completely unaware of the person that just entered the room.

'Well....since he's there enjoying himself,I'll just get my water quietly.That is,if I can.'Kagome said to herself.She tiptoed across the living room floor to the kitchen.Right when she was sbout to hit the tile,Kagome tripped over Miroku's staff.

"Uh oh."Kagome crashed to the floor,startling Inuyasha to death.He jumped up quickly to see Kagome on the floor holding her knee.He rushed over to her.

"You alright wench?"Inuyasha asked.He held out his clawed hand to Kagome.She looked up at him with teary eyes and gratefully took his offer.

"Thanks.I should've seen-ouch!"Kagome gripped her knee again.

"What's up with your ankle?"Inuyasha asked.This Kagome was making more of a scene than he wanted.

"My knees killing me.I think I hit the bone too hard."Kagome whimpered a bit.Inuyasha rolled his eyes and picked Kagome up.He walked over to the couch and flopped her down.Kagome bounced a bit but settled down.Inuyasha sat down besides her and watched as Kagome rubbed her knee.

"If it hurts that much,let me look at it."Inuyasha motioned for Kagome to come closer.She hesitated."Oh come on.I won't bite."

"That's alright.I'm fine.It's probably just a sprain."Kagome tried to pull her legs closer to her chest but failed because of the pain.Inuyasha sighed.He moved closer to her.Kagome held out her hand to stop him.

"Oi.Let me see your damn knee."Inuyasha growled.He was getting angry at this girl's nervousness.Her scent was overwhelming his nose too.That was bad."Just calm down.I ain't gonna try anything.Like I would."Kagome seemed to calm a bit but she was still a little wary when Inuyasha grabbed her leg and lowered his face closer.He pushed up Kagome's nightgown to get a better view.

"Just a sprain,eh?Looks more like a twist to me.See."Inuyasha looked up as Kagome brought her face closer to her leg.Inuyasha was right.Her knee was swollen and a little out of color.

"Well,this is great.First night at my new friends' house and I get myself hurt."Kagome laid back and kinda scolded herself.Inuyasha cocked his head.

"It's nothing to get upset about.A little ice and rest will heal ya."Kagome looked up.What happened to the stubborn hanyou she knew only minutes ago?Inuyasha raised a brow.

"What are you looking at wench?"Kagome narrowed her eyes.'There he is.'Inuyasha got up and went into the kitchen.Kagome sighed and watched the hanyou's form move around.She then quickly looked to the window as Inuyasha came back.

"Don't try to act like you weren't watching me.I sensed your gaze."Inuyasha sneered.Kagome looked down so her bangs could cover her blush.

"Might as well not hide that either."Inuyasha added.He watched Kagome raise her head.She was blushing a crimson red.

"Can I not hide anything from you?"Kagome whispered.Inuyasha shook his head."I should've known."Inuyasha moved and placed a ice pack on her knee.Kagome shivered a bit as the cold sensation went through her body.Inuyasha watched her.'She can't even stand a little ice.How weak.'He grabbed a blanket from behind the couch and covered Kagome's shoulders with it.

"Thanks.That helps a lot."Kagome smiled at the hanyou beside her.He rolled his eyes and looked away.

"Don't be so cheery like that.It's creeping me out."Kagome had to giggle at this.

"Why can't I smile?It's good to smile.You need to smile."

"Please.I don't need a stupid girl like you to tell me what I need to do.If I want to smile,I will but right now I don't want to and there's nothing you can do about it."Inuyasha crossed his arms in front of him.Now it was Kagome's turn to roll her eyes.

"Okay.I was only trying to get you happy.Sheesh."Inuyasha looked down at the miko.She smiled brightly back.

"Whatever."Inuyasha said.He looked out the window.Kagome sighed,covered herself more with the blanket,and also watched the stars dazzle in the sky.She had never seen them shine so brightly.'I guess that's because I'm not in the city.'Inuyasha twitched his ears when Kagome luaghed.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh nothing.Just thinking."Kagome said.Inuyasha gave the miko a worried look but sat it aside.He instead closed his eyes and dozed off.Kagome watched him and smiled.'Maybe Inuyasha will cheer up a bit in the morning.Hopefully he will.'Kagome took a deep breath and yawned.She laid her head on her shoulder and went to sleep.Right went she did,head head fell off her shoulder and landed on Inuyasha's leg.The hanyou felt something on him but was to tired to care.The rest of the night was peaceful and quiet.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Sango?You up?"

"GET OUT OF MY ROOM!"Sango screamed.Miroku ran out the room as the heel of a shoe smacked him in the head.Sango emerged in the hall and chased after Miroku.

"No boys allowed!Especially perverts!"

"But Sango,I only came to wake you up.I was not doing anything else.I am not a pervert..You always think things the wrong way."Miroku said.This happened a lot.Poor Miroku was always blamed for being a pervert.He only went into the girl's sacred room to wake her up in the morning.After the fourth time,Miroku learned that Sango was not a morning person and to never,EVER go into her room again.When he was saftly behind the door to his room,Miroku sighed.He rubbed his head where the shoe hit him.Boy did Sango have a good aim.

Sango stormed back to her room.

"Stupid monk.Always being a pervert AND waking me up.How rude is that?"Sango asked.She waited for a response but none came.Sango wheeled around to see that Kagome was nowhere in her room.

"Kagome?Where'd ya go?"Sango got dressed and went out into the hall.She looked in every room for the missing girl.Sango finally came to the rail of the stairs.She looked over and smiled.There on the couch sound asleep where Inuyasha and Kagome.

"Well.That answers my question on where Kagome is."Sango said to herself.She quietly walked down the stairs. 'Should I wake 'em or should I not?I think I'll wake them.'The taijiya smiled as she made her way to the couch.This was gonna be fun.Sango took in a deep breath and screamed

"WAKE UP!!!!!"Inuyasha and Kagome nearly shot through the ceiling.

"What the hell was that for?!"Inuyasha barked.Sango only luaghed.

"I had to wake you 2 up.Or else*giggle*ya'll would still be asleep.Together."Sango hit the floor when Kagome and Inuyasha noticed their position.

"Get offa me."Inuyasha said as he pushed Kagome away.

"I was about to."Kagome shot back.She stood up only to fall back down.Sango stopped laughing and got up to help.

"You okay Kagome?"She asked.She helped Kagome up.

"Yeah.I'm okay.I just forgot I hurt my knee last night."Kagome said.Sango shook her head.

"Come on.You can rest in my room."Inuyasha watched the 2 girls leave the room and head up the stairs.

'Why in the world was she on me?Maybe it was an accident.Maybe not.What if she meant to do it?Aw I don't know! It was probably just an accident.Nothing more.'Inuyasha got up and went to his room to change.

~

Kagome,Sango,and Miroku were all on the couch listening to Inuyasha destroy the kitchen.

"Damn stupid pan!Come down here!"CRASH!

"Does he do this all the time?Talk to the pans?"Kagome asked.Sango and Miroku nodded.

"Yup.If you wait a minute,you'll hear what he does with the blender."Miroku laughed.Sango joined him.

"1..2..3.."

"AHHH!BLENDER GONE MAD!EVERYONE RUN!"Inuyasha came zooming out of the kitchen and into the living room.He was cover in orange juice.Sango shook her head.

"Inuyasha...you really need to learn how to use the blender.I'll go shut it off."Sango got up and went into the kitchen.Everyone heard the blender shut off and watched as Sango came back also covered in orange juice.

"I think you two should go change."Kagome giggled.Inuyasha and Sango nodded and left.

"Those two are strange."Kagome said as she watched the two leave.

"Yeah but you'll get used to it."Miroku crossed his arms and laid back.Kagome did the same.

"I guess I will."

~

"Everyone ready?!"Kagome yalled happily.

"Yes!You don't have to yell!"Inuyasha came down the stairs with a scorn on his face and his hands over his ears.

"Oh.Sorry."Kagome sweatdropped and smiled.Inuyasha rolled his eyes.Sango and Miroku appeared behind him.

"Let's go and get this over with."Inuyasha sighed.He really didn't want to do this but Sango had urged him to.

"Okay.Come on!"Kagome turned around and walked out the door.Sango followed her and Miroku also left.Inuyasha grunted one last time before he too left the house.

Kagome emerged from the forest and danced around in the sun light.Sango laughed when Kagome fell into a hole.

"You okay Kag?"Sango asked as she helped her friend up.

"Yeah.Come on!I can't wait til we get to the mall!"Kagome ran off to the road,dragging Sango with her.Inuyasha and Miroku followed quietly.

"What are we supposed to do when we get there?"Miroku looked at Inuyasha."I really do not wish to stay with the girls.You?"

"Not really.Maybe we could just stay in the arcade.Not many people bug us there."

"Only if you keep your cap on."Miroku chuckled as Inuyasha moaned.

"It's not my fault the stupid thing don't want to stay on my head."

"Calm down.I was only joking.We can stay in the arcade.Later we could meet up with the girls somewhere."Miroku looked ahead to see Kagome waving at them from across the road.Miroku waved back.Inuyasha only mumbled.

"Hurry up you two!"Kagome called to the boys.Miroku picked up his pace but Inuyasha kept right on walking slow.

"Oh come on Inuyasha.Don't be a pain."Sango said.Inuyasha growled at her but did as wanted.Soon the group found themselves in the mall.

"Guys....welcome to heaven."Kagome said before she dragged Sango to one of the nearest clothing stores.Sango looked to the guys pleadingly.Inuyasha only smiled and winked.Miroku did also.

"Shall we head to the arcade?"Miroku asked Inuyash.The hanyou nodded and the boys walked off.

END

SP:There's another chappie.Sorry for before.I'm not really pissed.I was a little mad when I wrote that.

Inu:Mad?You were upset.

SP:Don't you start it.Your the reaon I was mad.Anyho....Please review.I really need 'em.Or else I'll quit this story.