InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Letters Lost And Found ❯ Chapter 2: The Scent of Your Tears ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Love Letters Lost And Found
Chapter 2: The Scent of Your Tears
 
Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha
AN: Italics are thoughts.
 
He caressed her calves lightly as she rode on his back. The wind was in his face, he was running at top speed and the woman he loved was safe on his back. The wind changed direction and brought him her scent. He inhaled deeply and unconsciously tightened his grasp on her legs. Her soft creamy long perfect legs, he thought. He pictured her legs wrapped tightly around him in a completely different manner and felt the blood rush from his head. He shook his head sharply and growled deeply in the back of his throat.
 
"Something bugging you InuYasha?" Kagome asked her breath light on the back of his ear. "Feh, nothing, just that damned Naraku." He lied. He felt her nod and her grasp on him tighten. "Don't worry, well get him." She said encouragingly. "I'm not worrying!" He barked at her, then regretted it immediately.
 
He always seemed to say the wrong things; his anger always got the best of him. This is why we could never be together, he thought. I'm always such an ass to her, she must hate me. He remembered the time when she had said she hated him. He shuddered at the memory, she had said she had no recollection of doing it but he would always remember.
 
It's because she thinks I love Kikyo, he thought. "Feh." He said silently under his breath, nothing could be further from the truth. Sure at one time he had loved Kikyo, but that was a long time ago. That was before Naraku made them each believe they betrayed each other. To do that there obviously wasn't enough trust between them. And now that her reincarnation was back there was still no chance of them ever being together.
 
I could never love a shell of dirt, even if it has the soul of my once beloved. Especially now that Kagome was here, now he felt barely any desire to be with Kikyo. Sure there still was a lingering desire, but not the white hot passion that he felt for Kagome. He really did love Kagome. I'm just not good enough for her, he thought.
 
She deserves someone who can protect her, keep her from harm. All I do is endanger her life. I'm just a weak hyanou who can't even defeat Naraku. She would never want me as a mate. Why do I torture myself with thoughts of what I know cannot be? Because you love her stupid, his internal voice scoffed at him. He growled at his inner voice of reason and shook his head again.
 
Kagome wanted to reassure him again but halted remembering his previous attitude. InuYasha felt her stiffen and questioned her. "You still mad I yelled at you?" It came across as a bit harsher than he intended. "You don't always have to be a jerk you know!" She yelled in frustration.
 
Sango and Miroku looked back from atop Kirara, but InuYasha shook his head and motioned for them to go on ahead. He slowed and put her down. He could smell the scent of her frustrated tears. She stood with her back to him, he facing her. "Why." It wasn't a question it was a statement. She spoke it softly her back still turned to him.
 
"Why what?" He said gruffly. She spun around to face him anger and something else he couldn't decipher on her face. "Why do you always have to be such a jerk?" It was a resigned question, one she wasn't expecting an answer to. "Feh, I'm not a jerk. You're just too emotional all the time." "I am not emotional all the time!" She shouted this at him tears streaming down her cheeks.
 
He felt bad now, "Come on don't cry." He had meant to consol her but she took it as him just thinking she was emotional. She spun on her heels facing away from him again. "I'm not crying!" it was an obvious lie and she knew it. Now he really felt bad, "stop crying and stop worrying about me." She scoffed at this, "I'm not worried about you." It was another blatant lie.
 
"I'm sorry I can't always protect you." He said gruffly to her back. "You're what?" She asked surprised. "You heard what I said." He said bitterly. "InuYasha." She said as she spun around to face him. "Do you think that's what this is about?" He nodded eyes lowered.
 
"I said you didn't need to worry, because you don't. I have all the faith in the world that we will defeat Naraku. I know you're strong enough to do so. Maybe I don't feel safe all the time, but I know you can protect me." She reached out a hand to him and stroked his cheek. "I know you'll always be there for me."
 
"No I won't!" He cried out. "You've been hurt, almost killed because of me. It's all my fault." She stepped back taken aback by his tone. "Inu," She started but he cut her off. "You'd be much safer off in your own time." He said it almost angrily. "Fine then!" She said in a huff, "I'm going back home."
 
"Wait I didn't mean that, you don't have to go." But she was already striding determinedly off into the direction of the bone eaters well. "At least let me carry you." He said to her retreating back. He doesn't think I'm strong enough to make it back on my own. She thought. "Just leave me alone!" She yelled over her shoulder and started to run.
 
He followed her silently in the shadows; it wasn't far to the well. Fine let her be angry. He thought. Neither noticed the journal fall from her backpack as she jumped carelessly into the well.
 
 
 
AN: sorry for the delay, for anyone who's reading this. I had to finish watching all the episodes on YouTube. BTW I totally thought the series would end with them defeating Naraku, I don't know if that eventually happens in the Final Act, but I hope so. Anyway I wanted to finish watching before I continued writing.
Side note: I have absolutely no idea when in the series this would take place, obviously after reading this chapter you know that it happens after that time when Kagome saves Kikyo (though how she held her breath that whole time I have no idea) in the last chapter I think I said it had been 6 months since she had realised she loved him, but that number could be way way off, I have no concept of time there.
And since this story is rated m you know there will definitely be some InuKag lovin at some point, which I know now never happens in the series. So I guess it takes place sometime after that whole Kagome saving Kikyo thing but just pretend for the rest of it.
P.s do the movies have anything to do with the story line of the show? Or do they just stand alone?
Anyway that was a loooong author's note, hope you liked the chap, and keep reading :) P.p.s I've got this story posted on 2 sites fanfiction.com and mediaminer.net, so don't worry it is me I'm not plagiarizing someone else. If you're interested I also have 2 other fics in progress, House and Artemis Fowl. Both are posted on ff.com so if you like that show or those series of books please read :)
But enough shameless promotion, just one more thing please review! And no more epically long author's notes I promise!