InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love That Dog! ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love That Dog!
 
AN: Sorry for the long wait, I have been busy this summer with summer gym, band practice, and memorizing band music. Once again, I'm sorry for not updating sooner!
 
HazelEyed Freak: Yes, I know what wonderful things happen when I update. =) So, I decided to work my butt off today finishing this chapter just so you and everyone else could be happy! =) I hope you enjoy!!
 
 
Chapter 10
 
****
Miroku snickered. “Two could play at that game.”
 
****
 
So, it was final, Inu Yasha was taking Sango out for dinner, and Miroku was taking Kagome out for dinner, a double date of course. Sango and Kagome were oblivious to the switch of Miroku and Inu Yasha. Though, unbeknownst to them, things weren't exactly going to go as smoothly as they wanted them to. Besides, how often to things ever go to happily ever after without a few bumps here and there?
 
“Hey Miroku!” Yelled a certain hanyou, “Did you ever figure out what that word was?!”
 
Miroku let out a heavy sigh, “unfortunately not, I even used word scrambler on the computer, and of course, still no luck.”
 
This did not make Inu Yasha very happy; he was getting very annoyed walking around in the monk's body. He felt like he had a cold and also felt extremely weak. “That damn albino bitch is going to be sorry for what she did to me!”
 
“Calm down Inu Yasha! You, know, there is something that confuses me.” Miroku told him.
 
“Do tell… I'm dying to hear.” Inu Yasha said sarcastically while finding a place to sit at the table.
 
Miroku turned around and looked into the TV room. “Did you realize that we are living with Kanna…” He pointed to Kanna who was sitting on the floor, eating popcorn while watching a TV show about ghosts. “How did she get here in the first place, you know? I mean, she wasn't a dog like us.”
 
Inu Yasha just stared at Miroku. What the hell was he talking about? “Miroku, I think you need to lie down… Kanna isn't in the TV room watching TV, the TV isn't even on.”
 
Just to make sure, Miroku turned and looked again. There she was! She was sitting right there on the floor watching TV! “There she is Inu Yasha! Look!” Miroku pointed to Kanna.
 
“Whatever Miroku…” Inu Yasha stood up and quickly left the room. `I swear he needs to get glasses. Wait a minute, if he needs to get glasses, then that technically means I need to get glasses. How would I need glasses?! I'm a hanyou!!! I have perfect vision!' Inu Yasha whacked himself in the head. `I think I should go lie down for a while…”
 
********
 
 
“Aren't you just a bit surprised that Inu Yasha asked you to dinner Kagome?” Sango asked while flipping through one of Kagome's magazines.
 
She just shrugged. “I'm not really sure. I've got no idea what his intentions are either. He sounded sort of funny when he asked me; almost as if he wasn't himself, it was really weird.”
 
“You noticed that with Inu Yasha too, Miroku didn't sound like himself either, it makes me wonder. Do you think they are up to something?” Something wasn't right, and Sango could tell. Miroku and Inu Yasha were hiding something from them and they couldn't tell what it was. She swore that if anything went weird tonight then she would send the monk to his death.
 
“Well, besides that, what are you going to wear tonight, Sango?” Kagome asked.
 
Sango thought for minute. “I'm not too sure I-“
 
“Hey Kagome!”
 
Kagome sighed, “what do you want Koga?”
 
“Is it true that that dog turd is taking you out tonight!?”
 
“Yes, Koga it-“
 
“Damn that stupid mutt! I'm going to give him a piece of my mind!”
 
Kagome just ignored him and continued to look through one of her magazines. Sango was sort of puzzled by this. “Kagome, aren't you going to do anything? I mean, Koga is going to go beat the crap out of Inu Yasha.”
 
“If I had a dime for every time Inu Yasha and Koga fought, I'd be rich,” she stated, “so, if I broke up all of their fights, it'd just be a waste of my time.”
 
Sango stood up and headed over towards the door. “Hey Kag, we've only got 15 minutes before its time for us to go.” Neither of the two girls had realized how quickly time went by.
 
“What?! That's not enough time for me to get ready! Go Sango!! Quick, I need to change, and fix my hair, and re-apply my make-up, and-“
 
“Kagome! Calm down, since when did you care so much about a simple date with Inu Yasha, I mean, normally you would just go the way you are, why the change all of a sudden?”
 
It was a good point, why had she changed so quickly, normally she wouldn't even care about looking good. No, she wasn't a tomboy or anything; she just only dressed up and got fixed up for events that were very important. So, since when did Inu Yasha become one of those priorities? To be honest, she never really talked to him that much, except, when he was a dog. She had almost forgotten about him being a dog. It'd been a while since she last thought about it. Kagome had cared about her dog, so was it possible that maybe her feelings still remained even though he was a human, well, hanyou?
 
A few minutes later, Sango came knocking of Kagome's door. “Are you ready Kag?”
 
“Yes! Coming!”
 
Kagome exited the room wearing the same clothes she had on earlier, a simple plain light blue tank top with shorts, nothing special at all. Sango was shocked that she hadn't changed, just a few minutes ago she had been spastic running around saying that she need to get all fancied up.
 
“But I thought you-“
 
She shook her head, “Nope, I thought about it, I mean seriously, its just dinner, its not that important.”
 
Sango just shrugged. “Hey, that's fine with me.”
 
The two walked downstairs to wait for the boys.
 
 
******
 

“You stupid dog! How could you?!”
 
“N-now Koga are you really sure you want to hit me?” Miroku/Inu Yasha said. He wasn't used to having to fight Koga; he usually tried to be a mediator.
 
Inu Yasha rolled his eyes. “For crying out loud! Whack him Miroku!!! I'm not that weak!”
 
Koga paused. “Wait a minute; did Miroku just call Inu Yasha Miroku? Hey monk, since when were so aggressive?”
 
“Shut up wolf breath! Why don't you go back to the pound where you came from?!”
 
Miroku knew this wasn't going to be good. Already he could tell that Koga was very confused. “Inu Yasha!” he whispered, “Don't forget about the c-h-a-n-g-e!!”
 
Inu Yasha snickered. “Come on Miroku! Let's have a little fun with it. I wouldn't mind screwing up the wolf's brain.” Inu Yasha loved this. Finally, the wolf was getting what he deserved, he loved payback.
 
Miroku just sighed. Why did he even bother? He knew Inu Yasha better than that; there was no way that he wouldn't take a chance to get Koga back.
 
“Can you two ever not fight!?” Kagome yelled, she was hoping to come downstairs to a peaceful scene, unfortunately, it was everything but that.
 
Inu Yasha decided that it was better for Kagome and Sango not to know about the change. “Really Inu Yasha, you shouldn't fight with Koga so much.”
 
Kagome stared at him blankly. “Inu Yasha, why did you just tell yourself not to fight with Koga…?”
 
“What are you talking about Kagome? I'm Miroku.”
 
Sango shook her head, “no, Inu Yasha you're not.”
 
Inu Yasha looked down at himself. “Holy crap, I'm back to normal!”
 
Miroku looked down as well; he was back to normal too. “Yes, finally, I'm in my own body!”
 
Kagome and Sango just stood there. They had absolutely no idea what was going on. First Inu Yasha was talking to himself and now both of them keep mentioning something about them being back in their own bodies, what was going on?!
 
“I won't ask…” Kagome said.
 
“It's better that you don't.” Miroku stated.
 
“Well, shall we go now?” Sango asked.
 
Miroku grabbed her hand. “Of course M' lady.” All Sango did was blush.
 
“Cut the crap Miroku, let's just go already!!”
 
“Fine…fine Inu Yasha. We'll go now.” Miroku replied back.
 
*****
 
 
After driving for what seemed like hours, the four finally arrived at the restaurant. Though, this was going to become a more quiet evening since Inu Yasha and Miroku had had some tricks up their sleeves while they were in different bodies.
 
“Wow… this place is really nice, I've never heard of it before.” Kagome commented as she looked in awe around the restaurant.
 
“Higurashi party of four is now available, please come to the front desk to be seated.”
 
The four followed the girl to their seats where they all sat down. They began to talk amongst themselves until the waitress came.
 
“Hi, I'm Eri; can I start you off with some drinks?”
 
Kagome froze and dropped her menu. All of a sudden, memories off the past came flooding into her mind. She hadn't seen Eri ever since that day. Then she remember today was the four year anniversary of that day, the day when everything she knew and loved crumbled around her.
 
TBC!
 
Can anyone guess what happened? Thank you all for reviewing, I deeply appreciate it. I am so very sorry for not posting sooner, I will try my hardest now that my schedule is slowing down a bit. Thanks for your patience!