InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Will Overcome ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Love Will Overcome

By: Ryu Katanna

Beta: Miyu Suzuki

*Posted on Fanfiction, Mediaminer, AO3, and SquidgeWorld. If found elsewhere, please report it!

Disclaimer All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Chapter Four
A Sisterly Talk

Sango and Kagome walked through the forest in silence until they reached the well.

Kagome inhaled sharply as she sat on the edge of the well placing her face in the palms of her hands while resting her elbows on her knees. "Sango, what am I going to do? I'm so confused."

As Sango took a seat next to her friend that she had come to think of as a little sister she spoke in as soft and quite a voice as she could. "Kagome, what exactly happened between you and Inuyasha over the past few days? You two were supposed to be checking out a shard rumor in the next village."

"There was no shard in that village." Kagome said looking up at Sango with tears and such pain in her eyes. Sango grew wide-eyed with concern for her little sister as she put all the parts of the puzzle together.

"I'll kill him!" Sango shouted as she stood suddenly.

"No!" Kagome yelled pulling on Sango's kimono until she sat back down

"Kagome, he rapped you! That bastard deserves to die!" Sango said in a hi pitched voice. All Sango could think was 'The bastard rapped her I know she loves him but he deserves to die for what he did to her! How can she still defend him after that?'

"No, It wasn't his fault. He didn't know what he did until it was too late." Kagome said sobbing even harder with the tears streaming down her face.

"What do you mean...he transformed didn't he?" Sango said tears gently flowing down her face as she thought of the horror Inuyasha had inflicted upon Kagome.

"Yes, he transformed. We were on our way back to the village when we were attacked by one of Naraku's demon puppets. Inuyasha told me to go hide, but I refused and stayed because I didn't want him to fight alone. I wanted to help but I guess I distracted him with his worry for my safety, and the tetsusaiga was knocked out of his hands. That's when I got thrown aside, and I was knocked out cold for a few minutes then when I came out of it Inuyasha's demon blood had taken control and a few minutes later the puppet was destroyed. Yet Inuyasha didn't change back, and when he seen he seen me he ran up to me. I was so afraid that I couldn't move at first, But when I got my whit's together I ran as fast as I could. He caught up with me, grabbed me, threw me over his shoulder, and ran off with me. He took me... to... the God... Tree... and that's where he... rapped me." She spoke the last sentence with uncontrollable hiccups that wouldn't stop for a few minutes.

Trying to comfort her sister Sango brought Kagome into her arms and started to rub her back gently. "If you were so close to the village then why didn't you yell for help Miroku and I would have been there in a flash, you know that." Sango said with a sigh

"I did yell, but he covered my mouth and told me that if I yelled or screamed or anything he would kill everyone in the village. I couldn't have that Sango. I couldn't let him do that, and you know his Demon side would have. He would have come out of his transformation to find that not only did he rape me, but also killed all the villagers and you, and the others as well. I couldn't let him live with that his whole life... no matter what the price I had to pay for that." Kagome said leaning into Sango's embrace.

"You truly do love him don't you, Kagome? So much that you would risk your life trying to keep him from all the pain you can, but you have to think of yourself as well. You have certain duties to your mate that you must fulfill now." Sango said pulling Kagome away to look her in the eyes, meaning that what she had to say was a serious matter.

"What are these duties to my mate that I must fulfill, Sango? Cause as far as I know is that I'm just plain confused. This time is so much different than my own." Kagome asked her calming down a bit.

"First, there is cooking the food he brings home. Second, There is cleaning thought I think these two are the same as some of the duties in your time there is one more that you must fulfill." Sango said looking into Kagome's eyes with remorse for the next thing she knew she must tell her dear little sister.

By this time Inuyasha had arrive and had overheard Sango telling Kagome her duties as his mate. He made sure to stay out of their sight range but within ear shot of his sensitive hearing.

"What's the last one Sango what is the last mately duties to Inuyasha?" She asked growing a little impatient at Sango for her several moments of silence.

"The last one is that whatever Inuyasha wants, Inuyasha gets. I'm sorry but you had to know, Kagome." She said holding Kagome to her body as she let out a wail of horror as she realized what Sango had meant.

"Oh, how could I ever do that with him again after what happened. I mean I know it wasn't truly Inuyasha, but that doesn't change what happened." She cried burying her face in Sango's shoulder.

Sango could do nothing but look at Kagome helplessly. "I do not know, Kagome. I can't even begin to imagine how you feel." She said holding her tighter than ever before.
"All I want to do is make Inuyasha happy. I want to see him smile all the time. Instead of always having a scowl on his face. That's all I want Sango, and if this is what it's going to take then so be it." She said pulling away from Sango and looking her in the eyes to get the point that she would be true to her words.

"You would die for him wouldn't you?" Sango asked grasping Kagome's shoulders firmly.

Y-yes as I would for all my friends, because your all very special to me." She replied smiling widely.

"I know you would, little sister." Sango said ruffling Kagome's hair and laughing slightly, making Kagome giggle at the same time.

"Thanks your always a big help." Kagome said as Sango started standing.

"Your welcome. Just remember that Miroku, Kaede and I are always there if you need us." Sango told her

"Yes I know you guys are, and I thank you for that." She said smiling even more.

"We had better get back to the village, it's starting to get late. It's about time for dinner and my turn to cook. Well, you know how Miroku gets sometimes when he doesn't get his dinner on time." She said with a bit of humor in her expression. "Yet then again I could just wack him a good one if he tries to grope me again, only this time I'll make it hurt worse than before." She said playfully

"You know you wouldn't hurt him that badly, Sango. You do a good job of hiding it, but we can tell you like him."

"Oh, and just who is this we you speak of huh?"

"Inuyasha, Shippo, Kaede, and myself of course. We can also see that he likes you too." She teased as a crimson color came to Sango's cheeks. "You two should really get it together you know."

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yes, it's that obvious."

"You know I'd like to, but he goes around asking all these other women to bare his child, and I can't stand it! Besides it was quite obvious with you and Inuyasha also." She said with a smirk "Well we really should be getting back."

"Ok but I'd like to stay here for awhile longer. I'll be back before sundown." Kagome told her with a reassuring smile

"Are you sure?"
"Yes Sango, I'm quite sure."

"Alright then I'll see you back at the village. Bye Kagome!" Sango said heading back for the village.

"Bye Sango!" Kagome said as she watched Sango vanish into the forest. Turning back toward the well she couldn't help but get lost in her thoughts.

'I wonder if what Inuyasha said about me not being able to go back to my time. I'd really like to be able to tell Mom, Grandpa and Sota that everything is alright so they wouldn't worry about me. Wait I can try to pass through the well and if I don't then I'll just go back to the village, either way it couldn't hurt to try. Yet what if I go back and Inuyasha comes looking for me and finds I've gone home? I don't know what being a 'mate' is all about and Inuyasha has been acting different since yesterday morning. He's been acting more protective, more possessive and more warm but then colder at the same time. I don't know if I'll ever figure him out! Well I don't want my family to worry so I guess it wouldn't help to try. Here we go!' She thought as she hopped into the well.

Inuyasha quietly listened with mixed emotions filling him at what he heard. She just wanted to make him happy and take his sadness away no matter what it cost her. He realized that he had taken advantage of her all this time, all this time, and he never realized it. When he was sure Sango was gone he chuckled a bit at what she had said about the perverted monk. Standing he watched as Kagome, his Kagome seemed to be lost in thought. After a moment he started to walk toward her when she jumped into the well!

Kagome hit the ground of the well with a loud thump. She tried to stand but a sudden jolt of pain shot through her ankle.

"Ahhh...Damn I can't stand." She said to herself "Now what do I do?" She sat there for a moment thinking until she heard a gruff male voice, it sounded a little angry.

"Kagome...Kagome are you alright?" It was Inuyasha and he didn't sound pleased one bit.

"I hurt my ankle and I can't stand." She answered as he jumped into the well after her.

End Chapter Four