InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Will Overcome ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Love Will Overcome

By: Ryu Katanna

Beta: Miyu Suzuki

*Posted on Fanfiction, Mediaminer, AO3, and SquidgeWorld. If found elsewhere, please report it!

Disclaimer All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter Five


"What the hell were you thinking, women" growled Inuyasha when he had landed at the bottom of the well.

"Inuyasha I can explain..." Kagome said thinking of what he might do.

"You can explain? Fine then, explain." He said folding his arms across his chest and turning so his back was facing her.

"Inuyasha please...tell me what's wrong." She asked in a weak voice looking up at him.

"What's wrong? What's wrong! There's nothing wrong!" He yelled turning around to face her. Then he stopped when he caught the smell of salty unshed tears forming her eyes. "Kagome, I..." He hesitated falling to his knees, cupping his forehead in the palms of his hands. As if fighting something within himself.

"Oh, Inuyasha..." Said Kagome as she crawled over to him with her ankle throbbing in pain.

Upon reaching him she pulled him into an embrace. Pulling her form closer to his she gently rested her head in his shoulder with a heavy sigh. Surprised by her sudden embrace, he slowly wrapped his arms around her waist her pulled her form closer still to his own. After a few minutes he pulled her slightly away from him, looking into her eyes.

"I never wanted to hurt you like that. I wanted you to give up your innocence, willing to become my mate. I didn't want you forced into it like this. Kagome how can you ever forgive me for what I did, when I can't even begin to forgive myself for what I did to you." He said with the beginnings of tears in his ember eyes.

"Inuyasha you should forgive yourself because it wasn't your fault, and you know that. I can forgive you because I know in my heart that you couldn't stop yourself. I also can forgive you because I love you more than anything in this world and always will."

"I just don't want to lose you because I love you too, and without you my life would be worthless without any meaning."

"But Inuyasha...your not going to lose me. I'll always be here for you, and nothing is going to change that."

Time seemed to stand still as they looked at each other. Then taking Kagome into his arms Inuyasha held her closer the seemed possible. Nuzzling his nose into her hair he inhaled her intoxicating scent. Lightly brushing his lips across hers he smiled mentally when she shuddered from the slight touch. Applying a little more pressure he sealed the kiss. It was their first kiss as mates, and it was passionate and demanding. Taken a little by surprise by his domination in the kiss, Kagome gave in an submitted to his will. At first she wanted to resist him. Reminded of what had happened before, but that was the demon Inuyasha. That wasn't her Inuyasha. This was the hanyou she had fallen in love with, and he returned those feelings. Her heart soared with pure joy at the thought of it. She never wanted to leave his arms again. For she now realized how much she really did love this being holding her in his arms.

"I love you, Kagome." He said pulling away slowly and gazing into her eyes that were laced with so much affection.

"I love you too, Inuyasha." She said with a small happy smile gracing her face.

As they leaned into each other for another kiss they heard a voice.

End Chapter Five

AN

Short I know, but I wasn't really into this story at the time I wrote this chapter. I wanted something short and sweet when I wrote this. Once again, this story will only be nine chapters long. I hate this story, but I will end up finishing it so don't worry. Ryu