InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Will Overcome ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Love Will Overcome

By: Ryu Katanna

Beta: Miyu Suzuki

*Posted on Fanfiction, Mediaminer, AO3, and SquidgeWorld. If found elsewhere, please report it!

Disclaimer All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter Six

The Wolf

"Kagome where are you? I know your near. I can smell your scent, and yours as well dog-breath." They could hear the voice call out.

Inuyasha growled and jerked back. It was that worthless wolf demon; Koga. Quickly picking up Kagome bridal style, he jumped out of the well. Gently placing his young human mate on the wells edge.

"What do you want your stupid wolf pup?" He growled as he turned to face the young leader of the wolf demon tribe.

"Well if it isn't mutt face." Koga replied in an arrogant tone.

Inuyasha stepped forward in a defensive position in front of Koga; blocking her from view.

"Oh, hello Kagome. I was in the area so I decided to come see how my woman was doing. As if it's any of your business, mutt." Koga said as he tried to peer around Inuyasha to see the black haired girl. Not seeing the mark on her neck hidden by her hair.

"She's not your woman!" Inuyasha growled, flexing his claws. Unseen by anyone, his eyes tinted red around the edges of his irises

"We'll just let her decide for herself then." Koga stated; cocky as he'd ever been.

"Stop it! Just stop it!" Kagome screamed, causing both Inuyasha and Koga to grab at their ears.

"Kagome." Inuyasha said under his breath as he looked back to her, only to find her trying to stand.

"I'm so sick of you two fighting. It's ridiculous." She wobbled slightly, only to find Inuyasha catch her before she fell.

"Thank you, Inuyasha." she said wincing slightly from the pain.

"Are you alright, Kagome. Did that mutt hurt you?" Koga shot to attention.

"I would never hurt Kagome." Inuyasha growled through gritted teeth.

"Yes, I'm fine, and no, Inuyasha did not hurt me. I did this to myself by accident." She said calmly.

"Let's take you back to the clan, were you belong." Koga said taking a step forward only to be met with a snarl from Inuyasha.

"She's not going with you. She's coming home with me, that's where she belongs. Not with you." Inuyasha spoke, trying to stay in control of his instincts to just tear the wolf apart.

"No, she belongs with me. Not a half breed like you." Koga replied angrily.

Kagome could feel Inuyasha shaking with repressed rage. To prevent anything from happening she flung herself in front of the two demons. AN: Not very smart thing to do, I know.

"No, Koga!" She said looking at him. "Inuyasha's right. I do belong with him."

Stunned; Koga steps back.

"But..." He replied in a deft tone.

"But nothing. Kagome, let's go home." Inuyasha said; picking her up once again.

"I'm sorry Koga, but we're in love." Kagome answered Koga's silent question.

"Yet, he hasn't marked you yet. You don't belong to him." Koga said, still a bit hopeful that she would change her mind.

"Oh, yes she does." Inuyasha stated. "I'm surprised you didn't notice the mix of her scent and my own."

"He marked me three days ago." Moving the hair from her right shoulder to reveal the mark of mates. "I'm sorry Koga, but I hope we can still be friends."

Koga calmly walked up to her with a soft smile on his lips.

"I would like that very much." He said smiling. "But if he ever wrongs you, come to me as a friend, okay?"

"But I don't think..." She said, but Koga pressed a finger to her lips.

"As a friend." He stated.

Softly, she nodded. "Okay."

He placed something in her hands and was gone. She opened her hands, and gasped slightly. He had given her his two shards of the jewel.

"Well at least that pup was good for something." Inuyasha stated dully.

"You know, it wouldn't hurt to be a little nicer." She said as she looked up at the man who held her close in his arms.

"Well let's get you home. You ankle is starting to swell." he said with a tone a concern as her saw her bruised ankle.

"Okay. Let's go home." She said as he started to run back to the village.

End Chapter Six

AN

Hey sorry it took me so long to update anything on my account, but my computer crashed sometime back in September, and I had to wait to buy a new one. Anyway, Love Will Overcome is finished. There are a total of eight chapters. So this will soon be coming to a close.

Ryu