InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Will Overcome ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Love Will Overcome

By: Ryu Katanna

Typed By: Mouko Katanna

Beta: Miyu Suzuki

*Posted on Fanfiction, Mediaminer, AO3, and SquidgeWorld. If found elsewhere, please report it!

Disclaimer All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter Seven

Coming to an Understanding

Inuyasha ran through the forest with Kagome in his arms as he headed for the village…until Kagome spoke.

"Stop Inuyasha. I need to talk to you before we go back."

Inuyasha came to a halt, and looked down at her body that he held in his arms. He set her down gently placing her back against a tree and making sure she was comfortable before sitting in front of her, checking her over twice before speaking.

"What's wrong? Did I hurt you while running?" he asked concerned for his newly found mate.

"No I need to speak with you before we go back to the village."

"Oh? What about?"

"Well Sango, Miroku, and Kaede will be wondering what…um…happened, and you know Shippo's gonna wonder why I'm sleeping with you, he is still a kid after all."

"Yeah, you're right." he sighed, "So what should we do?"

"Maybe…I should…just sleep in my old hut tonight…and explain to him in the morning."

"No you will not, you are my woman so you will sleep with me in our bed." he replied with a flicker of red in his eyes.

Not seeing her hanyou mate's eyes flicker red, she replied with a buildup of emotions, not thinking of his reaction.

"I belong to no one person except myself. I cannot sleep in our bed because it has yet to exist. I still have my own free will Inuyasha, and you cannot take that away from me! If I decide to spend the night with Sango in her hut then I will, and there's nothing you can do about it!" she yelled, trying to shove him away from her.

Inuyasha's eyes were now a full crimson red, his voice growling deep in his throat. It wasn't until he had her pinned to the tree that she realized he had left the Tetsuiga back at the village that morning. She slowly looked up to his face.

"Inu…Inuyasha" she gasped hoping he still had a hold of some part of himself, but as she gazed into those crimson spheres before her, she seen his anger.

"Kagome, I claimed you! You belong to me and you will obey me! My bed became our bed that night. You will obey when I say what you can and cannot do!" he yelled with so much rage it chilled her to the bone. "Do you understand that!" he snarled shaking her shoulders violently. She tried to speak but could only nod her head.

"I…I…I'm sorry, Inuyasha. I didn't re-realize my n-new obligations…" she stuttered, tears coming to her eyes.

"At least now you know some of your responsibilities" he started calming down.

Stopping his ranting after smelling her salty tears and her fear coming from her in large amounts surrounding the area around him.

"Why are you afraid of me?" he asked.

"Inuyasha…" she said trying to quell her fear.

"Woman I asked you, why are you afraid of me? Why are you afraid of your mate?" he growled lightly.

"Your not yourself, Inuyasha. Please don't do anything rash."

"I made you a promise, woman. What makes you think I'd break it?"

"Inuyasha…you're not yourself. Please let go of me. You're hurting me."

At the sound of her words, Inuyasha let go of his grip on her. Blinking his eyes a few times as they returned to pools of amber. Smelling her fear and salty tears that had come from Kagome he put together what must have happened…he had lost his control. Slowly standing he walked over to a nearby tree hitting it with such force that the tree toppled over.

"DAMN IT!" he yelled into the skies.

"Inu…Inuyasha" she whispered knowing he would hear.

"Kagome…I'm sorry…I lost control I…I wasn't, I…I wasn't strong enough to stop it. I…" he stopped as she tried to stand but wound up back on the ground.

Inuyasha ran over to her lifting her feet to stand. She had a pained look in her eyes that struck him hard. Bringing her into an embrace with one arm and lightly kissing her forehead, and taking in her sweet scent as he buried his face into the crook of her neck.

"I truly am sorry." he murmured.

"Inuyasha, I love you. That means that no matter what happens I will always stand by your side." she said gently wrapping her arms around him and holding him to her tightly.

"I don't deserve you." he said turning his face from her neck to stare at the ground.

"Nonsense" she said pulling away from him and slapping him playfully on the shoulder. Then tipping his head to meet her gaze, "You deserve me as much if not more than I deserve you. You see we deserve each other, because we love each other."

"I still shouldn't have done that to you. I care for you too much for that."

"I know Inuyasha, and I care too much for you to let you keep beating yourself up over it. So please stop, I forgave you and now it's time to forgive yourself."

"Yu are right. What truly matters is my love for you."

"And mine for you." she said smiling.

At her words Inuyasha broke into a smile as well. Pulling her closer to him, he gazed into her eyes while Kagome bit her lower lip. She knew she wanted to have a thousand more moments like this. Leaning forward he lightly touched his forehead to hers. Holding her to him with one hand on the small of her back, and lightly caressing her cheek as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Brushing her lips gently with his he felt the shiver run down her spine. Sensing her excitement and the increase of her heart rate. The hand that had been caressing her cheek slowly moved to the back of her neck. Opening her eyes slowly she could see Inuyasha grinning wildly.

"What is it?" she asked a bit confused.

"Nothin."

"It's not nothin."

"It's nothin."

"It's not nothin." she said growing agitated.

"It's nothin."

"It's not nothin now tell me what's wrong?" she said angrily.

"You're cute when you're mad." he said pecking her cheek.

"Oh really?" she said with a slight devious smile.

"Really. he said smiling back.

"Inuyasha," she said closing her eyes a little looking toward the ground.

"Yes?" he said innocently, he knew what was coming but he didn't care.

"SIT!"

When nothing happened neither one knew what was going on.

"Wha…I should be in a face plant on the ground right now."

"Yea I know. What happened?"

"I don't know but let's go to Kaede right away."

"I agree."

Picking her up in his arms once again he headed toward the village.

End Chapter Seven

A.N

Ryu:
Hi. Well, Mouko finally found one of the disks with the fic's she typed up. Getting together for the first time in quite awhile she told me to finish posting this and get it over with. Heh, by her tone I could tell that she expects reviews for the hard work. So please don't disappoint. She's liable to skin me while I'm sleeping!