InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Loving Realization ❯ Dreams ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I don’t own Inuyasha and co. so don’t sue because I have no money!!!

Author’s note: This is in the point of view of Kagome and Inuyasha which will be told in intervals...Be aware that it is in first point view!!!


Chapter 1

I sat there on the queen size bed with the red velvety comforter over my limbs. I've waited and waited for this day to come, and now that it is here I have no idea what to do. My hands were quivering and my eyes kept darting to the bathroom door waiting for him to come out but I wished he didn't. On the other hand I have been longing and dreaming about this for too long for me to back out now yet I could feel my nerves on the edge.

The previous events just seemed like a few minutes ago. It had gone by so fast. Me walking down the long aisle of the cathedral with all eyes following my every move as I tried to trudge towards the altar without tripping on my intricately designed wedding gown which weighed a ton while trying to disregard the itch on my complex hairdo.

That moment, my heart thundered as I neared it, squinting through my veil to get a glimpse of what kinds of emotions he would exude... but to my disadvantage I missed it all. And then I found myself next to him, saying "I do" to the priest and him sweeping me off my feet with that quick kiss that bound us as "husband and wife."

After that he held my hand lightly beckoning me towards the limo while it rained rice around us and our gracious guest applauding our new marital bond. Once we arrived the car, and once the door slammed shut closing off the outside world, he let go of my hand, making it miss his heat.

I tried to get a glimpse of his emotions but again he avoided me as he scooted to the other end of the seat and looked out the window, shutting me out of his life.

The whole time silence filled the limo, making my heart thump with pain as I blinked out unwanted tears of loneliness that would reveal my feelings and make me vulnerable to him. Oh how I wished him to hug me, laugh with me, talk to me or even just notice my presence right then and there but all that was ignored...

Picture taking was even more a drag, probably symbolizing our true relationship: fake. To him maybe, he just doesn't know how I really feel or maybe just ignoring it. But to think him as an uncompassionate man, I just couldn't so I believe that it was the first reason, I tried to remind myself that every time.

The picture itself was beautiful, with a gorgeous backdrop of the overlooking cliff and the calm blue sky. We were plastered with overly joyful and fake smiles, yet once taken, you could really be fooled by it assuming that we were both happily married...

But if you look closely and scrutinize our emotions you probably can find our somber eyes to see the truth behind our smiles. Though I wanted it to be the real happiness, I mean I guess I am happy, ecstatic even but to celebrate it alone makes it melancholy.

So after the pictures, we finally went to face the outside world again, and then I saw a small smile creep onto his handsome face as he finally paid attention to me. I felt that hand of his creep towards mine, seeking its heat, and mine greedily accepting his large calloused ones.

Together we walked towards the hotel in where our reception took place. And then I was torn away from him to be quickly stuffed into a closet sized room to be change into a simple red silk dress that fell just below my knees, decorated by a lone dragon. It was a Chinese styled dress, I guess but I felt more comfortable than that overly complicated wedding gown. After a few touch ups, I again was thrown to his arms and led towards the ball room with the guest waiting our arrival.

Our hands intertwined, we entered as we were applauded once more with a few wolf whistles and hoots from the intoxicated ones. A smile plastered on his face again and my own really shinning through. It was a dream wedding after all, and I deem myself as a romantic girl, so what was the harm of enjoying the moment that I have been dreaming of since I was a child?! Nothing of course...

Well in a word everything was magical. The humorous speeches of Miroku, the best man and of course my own best friend, Sango. Induced kisses started by the tapping of the wine glass and followed by the cheers. And then that heart dropping dance...

He stood there before me, offering his hand, his eyes glittering with amusement as I blushed and accepted it. Pulling me against his hard body, we dance to our song...


(I do swear that I'll always be there.
I'd give anything and everything and I will always care.
Through weakness and strength, happiness and sorrow,
for better or worse, I will love you
with every beat of my heart.)

We started moving with uncertainty finding the tune to the song as we settled to a slow circling motion. I felt him relax against me and I sought his comforts as I put my head on his shoulder.

From this moment life has begun
From this moment you are the one
Right beside you is where I belong
From this moment on

From this moment I have been blessed
I live only for your happiness
And for your love I'd give my last breath
From this moment on

I give my hand to you with all my heart
Can't wait to live my life with you, can't wait to start
You and I will never be apart
My dreams came true because of you

From this moment as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment on

You're the reason I believe in love
And you're the answer to my prayers from up above
All we need is just the two of us
My dreams came true because of you

I didn't realize that I have been singing it silently in my head, finding the truth in the words... This is what I felt that moment and deep inside I knew I loved him the first time I met him...it is just hard to actually put it into words to someone so oblivious of your existence. It was no use thinking so I just listened and then I found the rhythm of his heart beat dancing to it, matching it with her own. I knew I was falling deeper...

From this moment as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
From this moment I will love you as long as I live
From this moment on

It ended so fast and my heart beat erratically and I looked up to his amber eyes, his silver hair swaying slightly from the dancing, and a smile displayed on his handsome face. That moment he captured me once again, reminding me that I have fallen for this man months ago and now I was married to him. I felt the adrenaline run through me, feeling confused I brought my finger to trace his jaw, his eyes beckoning me to continue but as I was about to kiss him again, an applause erupted and instantly that magic was lost as he let go of my waist.

I was then ushered to my brother, Souta, the only relative I only have left as we began our own dance. We started to move in slow circles as other couples joined us in the dance floor and then finally he spoke to me.

“Nice wedding” he commented.

I smiled dearly at him sweeping aside a stray bang from his face and I almost cried right there, “Yeah I know...magical...” I whispered back at him.

“I know you miss her...” he said resting his head on top of mine.

“Yeah...” I nodded in agreement, wishing my mother was there to see her only daughter get married... I missed her terribly and wanted her comforting words during these times...

“I hope you are going to be happy sister.” he stooped and tenderly gave me a kiss on the cheek when the song ended and he pranced over to his date and left me on the dance floor alone... I terribly wished that happiness would find me now as a watched my brother and his girlfriend laugh as they danced...

The rest of the party was spent with the traditional cutting of the cake, throwing of the bouquet, and of course dancing. Then it all ended with our friends hinting on our honeymoon, Miroku wiggling his eyebrows with a smirk on his face only to be clobbered by Sango. He was the only one that made me laugh that night and I was grateful for it because it released all the tension of being married on these circumstances...

And now I find myself here waiting for the man I have chosen as my husband. I was twisting my wedding ring with anxiousness yet still waiting... There was no sound coming from the damned door and it has worried me for sometime that something had happened to him, maybe falling asleep on the tub and drowning... or passing out and hitting the sharp edge of the sink table.

I tried to diminish those ridiculous notions as I passed time thinking about more excuses and daydreaming unaware that who I have been waiting for was about to come out. The small squeak brought me back to the world and then I saw him emerged.

It was not as I have imagined for he wasn’t suited as if he was about to spend his night with his new wife, or even to sleep but he was wearing a pair of fitted jeans and a red shirt that hugged his body. He was no less handsome than if he were naked in front of me.

I giggled at the thought and a felt a faint blush painting my cheeks hoping that he wouldn’t catch it. Finally I met his warm amber pools that seemed to be cold once again, I wondered what he was thinking. I was about to ask but thank Kami he interrupted me with his gruff, husky voice before I voiced some idiotic remarks.

“I’m going out.” he said as he turned away from me quickly rushing towards the door and twisting the door knob slowly to get out.

I watched him the whole time, noticing that he was in a rush to leave the room, to leave me. Once I heard the door shut with an echoing loneliness, for a second I just sat there.

Finally realizing what just happened, I curled up into a ball, as hot tears trailed down my face, staining my cheeks... Never have I felt so alone until this moment.

I’ve always dreamed of marrying and I have gotten my wish even more as I received the most glamorous ceremony only a normal girl could dream about... Yet the feeling was not what I had expected, I’ve wanted happiness and love to be returned to me, as I gave my heart to the man that I love... But as I lay there in the large bed, shivering from missing heat of my lover, I realized that dreams were just dreams. And in real life it is hard to find a reciprocated love and to find love you have to search and work for it...

It left me thinking, while I was alone in that bed and as I cried myself to sleep, on how I could get him to return my love with his own...