InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Loyalty, Love, and the Battle Between ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heyy everyone!!! Rainlily13 here with a brand new story idea. This is something I just came up at school in history class when I was bored… along with `Returning Legacy of a Hidden Village'. I know I have more than a few unfinished stories out… but oh well lol. I just had to get the ideas out of my head!
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and any of its characters… that should be obvious. All I own are my thoughts and this plotline and that's that.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
-Loyalty, Love, and the Battle Between-
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
-Prologue-
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Branches swayed softly as the wind blew by.
All was dark, save for the various beams of moonlight that were able to slip through the cover of thick foliage.
Green smoke wafted through the forest unnoticed and paused. Tendrils split out and headed intotwo, opposite directions.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
A lone figure silently walked through the forest.
Long, silver hair gently wove in the air. Pristine clothes shifted mutely as the wind blew. Cold, dark golden eyes glinted in the moonlight.
The figure seemingly made no sound as he stepped through the leaf litter ridden scenery. It almost looked as if the ghostly figure was floating if not for the fact his feet stepped on the ground.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
At the same time another figure occupied the forest but much farther from the first.He was spread outin a tree,off to the side of a clearing.
Long, wild silver hair spilled over his slumped and hunched over form. Twofuzzysilver dog earsdrooped-onetilted forward while the othertilted to the right.
Light snoring could be heard, mingling with other soft sounds.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Suddenly, the lone figure stopped.
Slowly, his head was lifted back a fraction and he sniffed.
His head then turned to the left, and his eyes narrowed dangerously towards something in the forest.
His right hand instinctively shifted to his left, to lie on the hilt of a sword emanating a dark aura.
Green smoke shot out in tendrils from where the figure glared out. His hand clenched, tightening his grip on the sword before his other sword, tied next to the larger one pulsed with a pure aura.
His gaze calmly slid over to the pulsing sword, before his hand switched to grasp it.
As his clawed hand wrapped around the hilt the sword pulsed more brightly, a blue glow encased the figure.
As the green smoke came closer a bright blue barrier formed once it came within five feet of the mysterious figure, repelling the smoke. Seemingly unfazed, the smoke surrounded the barrier, looking for a crack to slip in; there were none.
The mysterious figure blinked lazily before unsheathing the pure sword and gracefully slicing through the smoke, making it dissolve away.
The barrier wavered a bit, before dissipating completely. The figure's eyes briefly scanned the area around, before he returned to his previous activity; taking a stroll in the forest.
Closing its eyes, it made its way back to its camp, where a toad, a two-headed dragon, and a little girl awaited him.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
The snoozing figure in the clearing still held his place up in the tree. He peacefullyslept, unknowing of the danger to come.
Green smoke slippedthrough the clearing, looking for its target. It floated upwards toward the sleeping form before it spread.It didn't take long before it encasedthe figure entirely and made its move…
Quick as lightning,it dropped and seeped into the man's skin. In response, the figure momentarily glowed green before it faded away
As if he knewsomething had occurred, the slumberingfigure shifted uncomfortably, but didn't wake just yet.
Looking closely,the figureseemed paleas bead of sweat ran down his face.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
As the silent figure came into the clearing, his eyes took in the scene of companions sleeping.
Scanning around and sensing nothing else out of the ordinary, he walked over to a tree and sat down. Bending his right leg, he propped his right arm on his knee and leaned back, shifting a little to get comfortable.
He gazed upon its companions and observed them; the toad demon, Jaken, was sitting against a log by the flaring fire; the two-headed dragon, Ah and Un, was curled up on the ground. Lastly, Rin, a young girl of the age of was propped against the dragon.
The figure sighed, a spark of envy coming up inside.
To those around, it may had seem as if the demon would need nothing, and wanted nothing, to do with humans, demons, and the companionships between them.
But that was only a lie, a front, and one the demon firmly believed, needed to be kept up.
A person of its rank couldn't afford to have distractions, for it could harm him as wall as those around.
Regardless of that, the demon had a heart and he couldn't help but wish everything had turned out differently.
While lost in his thoughts, the little girl's eyes slid open and immediately recognized the man leant against the tree.
Stretching, she yawned cutely, gathering the attention of the demon. She rose and clumsily walked over to the demon, sitting to the right of it.
Looking at the demon drowsily, she spoke. “Sesshomaru-sama? Is everything alright?” she whispered to him.
He looked down at the small child and nodded once.
The small girl smiled at him. “Okay, Rin will go back to sleep then… g'night Sesshomaru-sama.”
With that she leant against the tree, next to him and it didn't take long for her eyes to finally flutter closed.
Seeing that she was finally asleep, he quietly spoke, “Goodnight, Rin,” before using his mokomoko to curl around her to keep her warm.
Gazing down at the small girl, Sesshomaru realized that somehow without him noticing, he had develop a sort of relationship with the small human.
But even though there were to be consequences, it was ok and strangely he didn't care about it.
But still, even that didn't completely fill the gap of loneliness… only one specific kind of companionship could and he knew what it was…it was love, and he knew for a fact that was the one thing he would never have.
He thought about it…
What woman would actually love a seemingly merciless, socially challenged, unemotional, killer of a demon? None that he knew of, that's for sure.
And lets not forget the fact that the chance of finding one that he would actually love back was a slim to none.
Sometimes… it just sucked to be the most powerful demon lord around.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
The figure in the tree was shiftedrestlessly as beads of sweat ran down his face.
Suddenly the figure shot up, golden eyes wide and shifty and his breathing was erratic. His ears were erect, twisting this way and that, as ifsearching for a noise that wasn't there.
Realizing nothing was happening, the figure sighed before runninga hand through his silver mane. He paused when he feltsomething wet.
Holding his clawed hand to his face he examined itbefore softly speaking to himself. “Sweat..? Musta had a bad dream then…that's all.”He sighed once more.
Looking around the clearing, he checked up on hisfriends.
First, his eyescame upon a young monk and an equally young, female demon slayer.
He soon snorted at the scene; they were curled up together and the `lecherous monk' as the man is known, rested his hand upon the slayers rear-end.
Thankfully the slayer didn't take any notice yet.
His gazethen switched to the three others in the little group. A young miko at about seventeenwas restingpeacefully on the ground.
A young fox kit and a small nekomata rested upon her chest while the woman embraced them gently. The half-demon's gaze softened at the sight.
Everything was goinggreat for the half-demon. He had almost everything he could possibly could ask for; a pack composedof great and loyal friends, a powerful weapon to protect them with... even a second chance with love-unfortunatelythat was the one thing he didn't acknowledge
The demon watched them for a minute, before a bright light shining from above the clearing caught his attention.
Aserpent demon glowing a white light floatedabove them, relaying a silent message to the half-demon. It left, beckoningto him to follow.
Understanding the message, the half-demon rose before turning to leave.
He suddenlypaused for a second to look back at the young miko.
Her head was now turned to the side and he couldn't see her face,
Gazingat her with uncertainty, he sighed before making his decision.
He bounded off after the serpent, leaving the group alone.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
As soon as he left, the miko's eyes shot open togaze at the disappearing figure in sadness. A lone tear slid down her moonlit face before she slowly removed one of her arms away from the two sleeping figures to wipe itaway.
Although she was used to it by now, it still somewhat hurt… though it lessened each time.
She knew it wasn't meant to be between them by now, and had alreadyshe gave upthe hope for it to be. soon enough she'll find the one she was meant to be with.
She closed her eyes and before falling back to sleep she whispered his name “...Oh Inuyasha…”
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Ashe ran through the forest towardshis destination, he could feel himself becoming a little weaker but didn't think anything of it. He could only focuson the person he was going meet up with soon.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Something, someone, watched all of this with wise and knowing eyes. It saw every action and movement made, heard every word, sound and even thought that was voiced, and related to all.
A voice whispered out somewhere in the forest…it was soft and though it echoed throughout the forest, none of its inhabitants could hear except for the one saying it…
Whereas one brother seems to have it all and the other to have nothing, the roles shall switch…it is time for destiny to take its course and so shall the battle between loyalty and love begin…
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Wow… I wrote more than I was supposed to… oh well… it really didn't flow right the way it was before anyways. Well I really hoped you guys enjoyed this little prologue. If you didn't think it was very good… well it'll pick up sooner or later.. I hope… lol. I thought Sesshomaru seemed OOC in here, but it was kinda required to set the mood and the to start this off how I wanted… and plus I don't think I'm very good at keeping characters in character so it might happen more. And if it does.. well then sorry but I cant help it.. its my way of writing. Well that's all for now… so please, please, pretty please review this story :)
Till laters,
-RainLily13