InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Loyalty, Love, and the Battle Between ❯ Last Resorts ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Read, Review, and as always ENJOY!!
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and any of its characters… that should be obvious. All I own are my thoughts and this plotline and that's that.
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
-Loyalty, Love, and the Battle Between-
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;--
 
-- Last Resorts—
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;--
 
Last Time;
 
Kagome grabbed her backpack and shouldered it, before mounted on Kirara, sitting behind Inuyasha so she could make sure he wouldn't fall over. Kagome gave Kirara the go ahead. “Ok Kirara-Chan, we're ready.”
 
Kirara glanced back and nodded. “Meow!”
 
-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;- ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-
 
Kagome stared blankly at Inuyasha's prone body, her eyes watering lightly. Her eyebrows furrowed in stress and her fingers twitched restlessly.
 
She`d never felt so helpless before-not even during those times when they were fighting.
 
Sure, she really couldn't do much in the battlefield like her friends, but she could shoot arrows and warn them. At least that was something
 
But now? All she could do is watch and wait.
 
Wait and watch as her best friend suffered in pain and agony from this unknown sickness.
 
Not even Kaede knew what was wrong when she brought him here!
 
The grandmotherly woman did everything she could think of- she gave him any and all kinds of herbs that are used for the symptoms he had.
 
Any type pf poison was ruled out because they haven't fought with any demons lately. It had been strangely quiet recently but they weren't complaining.
 
That led to only thing she figured that could affect him like this- a curse.
 
But she tried searching in his aura for any indication of that but there was none to be detected; all she could just find was his normal, demonic aura...
 
It just didn't make any sense…
 
And so, here they were waiting for Sango, Miroku, and Shippo to return from Jinenji, which would most likely take a few more good days of travel.
 
Kagome didn't even know if Inuyasha could survive till then…
 
--
 
A man, dressed in the robes of a monk gazed worriedly with violet at his woman companion. “How are we going to break it to her?”
 
The woman's cocoa eyes flickered to look at him and she frowned. Her head shook sadly. “I don't know Miroku-kun… I can only hope that Kaede is able to help Inuyasha- if not…” she trailed off, biting her lip.
 
A small child, a kitsune kit to be exact stared between the two from his position on the monk's shoulder. His emerald eyes were wide. “Hey! This is Inu-baka we're talking about! You're acting like he's on his way to die but there's no way! Kagome would never let that happen!!” he exclaimed wildly to them.
 
Miroku and Sango shared a look. “I hope you're right Shippo-kun… I really do…” Miroku muttered softly.
 
--
 
Kagome paced along the hut, muttering incoherently under her breath. Her head shook like crazy and she ran her hand through her hair. Her eyes were filled to the brim with stress as the occupants of the hut watched her warily and concerned.
 
Shippo peered up at Kagome wide green eyes. “Kagome…?” he mumbled cautiously. “Are you ok…?” he trailed off uncertain.
 
Kagome stopped short, turning to see the concerned gaze of the small kit, as well as the rest of her friends. Sighing despondently, she plopped to the ground to take a seat. Her head shook. “I dunno Shippo-kun…I just don't know what to do…”
 
Kagome let out a frustrated breath. “Usually Myouga-san would be helpful, but there's no way we can actually find him-he could be anywhere!”
 
Shippo scuffled his feet on the ground lightly. “And Totosai is way too far to travel to and back.”
 
Kagome nodded unconsciously. “And there's no way we could even bring Inuyasha- it's too risky if we get attacked along the way…” she added somberly.
 
Kagome looked over at Sango and Miroku searchingly. “Is there really anything else we can do?” As the two stayed silent as their faces turned thoughtful, she bit her lip. “Anyone that could possibly help?”
 
Sango gazed at the worried teenager with apologetic eyes. “I'm sorry Kagome, but if we don't know what's even wrong with him I don't see how we can do anything…” she broke off at Kagome's defeated look.
 
“Wait…”
 
At the sound of Miroku's voice, hopeful blue eyes whipped over to the monk. “Yea?” Kagome blurted out eagerly.
 
A reluctant glint entered the monk's violet eyes. “I do believe there is someone that might be able to help, but…”
 
“Who?!” Kagome asked quickly, her eyes pleading.
 
Miroku let out a regretful sigh. “There is only one person I can possibly think of that posses an exceptional extent of knowledge and has access to countless numbers of texts that may contain information on what ails our half-demon friend.” His gaze traveled over his eager listeners. “And this person would undoubtedly at least know a person that has somewhat of an idea to this phenomenon. He is our best chance… he trailed off, gaze troubled.
 
Miroku let out a small `tsk'. “It is only a matter of convincing him…” he finished explaining.
 
Kagome blinked at him. “Who is he? I'm sure we can convince him somehow…” she trailed off at Miroku's doubtful look.
 
Sango shook her head suddenly, her eyes reflecting realization. “You don't mean…?” her tone was tight.
 
Miroku nodded and pinned Kagome down with a serious stare. “Who else could it be but Inuyasha's half-brother-the Lord of the West?” he said sardonically.
 
Kagome stared at him. “Aw crap…” she muttered under her breath.
 
--
 
Sango stared after the girl who she came to see as her best friend-maybe even as a little sister. “Kagome-chan, are you sure you want to do this?” the demon slayer's hands were wringed with worry.
 
Kagome snorted softly, tossing a flat look at her close friend. “Sure? No chance in hell.” Kagome turned to the horizon in front of them. “Am I still going to go through with it? Damn straight.”
 
Miroku gave her an encouraging smile. “It's a noble thing you're doing Kagome-chan…going up to the fearless demon lord said to be a heartless killing perfection, to ask for him to go out of his way and help the brother he for so long tried to kill.”
 
Sango's forehead ticked and she slapped the monk upside the head. “Baka! You're only making things worse!!” she said under her breath harshly.
 
Kagome blinked, sweat-dropping. She sent the man a flat look. “Gee, thanks so much for that wonderful pep talk. Much appreciative.”
 
The tips of his lips twitched lightly. “Anytime Kagome-chan.” He replied cheerfully, rubbing the back of his head from the hit dealt to him.
 
--
 
Kagome closed her eyes, taking in the peace as the wind blew against her, sending her hair into rippling waves of black ink as she sat on her feline companion, Kirara. Her breathing was even as she relaxed, and outwardly it seemed as if she might have dozed off.
 
Her mind was the exact opposite of that. Just imagine a chibi version of her stomping her feet with anime tears coursing down her face as she pouted sulkily
 
The reason behind the mayhem of her head was the fact that she had absolutely no idea how to confront Sesshomaru and go about asking him to help.
 
Seriously, what is she supposed to say anyways?! 'You know Inuyasha? Your half-brother whom you tried to kill more than a couple of times? Yea, he's contracted some kind of demonic illness and the only person I can think of to save him is you."
 
Mentally, Kagome winced. Yea...that would go over real well. Hell, she'd be lucky if he only glared and threaten her to never speak to him again...
 
Maybe she could go the polite route and say, 'Oh, sorry for bothering you Sesshomaru-sama, but if you could I would truly appreciate it if you would help Inuyasha-'
 
Kagome shook her head. If she put 'Inuyasha' and 'help' in the same sentence, he'd probably just cut her off and walk away.
 
She pushed down the sudden urge to just cry, scream and pull a temper tantrum and resorted to pout instead.
 
Looks like she was gonna have to just wing it...
 
Suddenly Kagome let out a groan, causing Kirara to turn her head towards her, blinking at her mistress' friend
 
Yea, she was sooo screwed.
 
--
 
When Kirara finally picked up on Sesshomaru's scent, she dived down to the ground, twenty feet away from where the demon stood.
 
Stepping down from Kirara, the nekomata proceeded to transform back to her smaller animal state and leapt up to Kagome's arms.
 
As Kagome walked to what seemed to be her impending doom, she pet the small neko out of a nervous habit.
 
When she saw him, she saw an image that seemed to always blow her mind whenever she set her eyes on it.
 
The elegant demon stood frozen, his back to her. His long, silver mane blew in the wind as the sunshine reflected against his metallic strands. Pristine clothes billowed and fluttered ever so slightly against the breeze, giving her a picture that would remain forever printed into the recesses of her mind.
 
He was the epitome of masculine beauty...
 
Too bad she couldn't sit back and enjoy the view...she was too damn nervous to do anything but fidget.
 
Opening her mouth, she made a move to announce her presence. She was cut off before she could utter even a single word.
 
"Will you just be standing there or will you speak, Miko?" came a cold, deep voice. Sesshomaru didn't even bother to turn around and look at her.
 
Kagome twitched, a surge of ire bubbled up in her. 'It's Kagome...' she thought, annoyed. Taking a deep breath, she spoke, straight to the point. "It's Inuyasha...he needs you help." she said seriously.
 
Sesshomaru only went to cast a look at her from over her shoulder. He raised a skeptical eyebrow. "No."
 
Kagome held in a sigh, and stepped closer to him. "Please, he might die. Something happened, I don't know what but this morning he woke up with a fever, he's hallucinating and delusional. He's sick with something we don't know about..." she looked up at him with a hopeful gaze.
 
Sesshomaru finally turned around to face her with a blank expression, looking down at her expectantly. "Why must I and not someone else help him?" he demanded.
 
Kagome stared at him, contemplating her next move. This was it, if she couldn't get him to agree now, she didn't know how else to persuade him...
 
`Oh Kami, I can't believe it's coming down to this- lowering myself to this…' Kagome's eyes closed at the thought of what she was about to do and mentally sighed in frustration. `Dammit Inuyasha-you so owe me for this…'
 
Taking a moment, she steadied herself before going in.
 
Kagome stepped closer to the demon and before he knew it she clutched at Sesshomaru's sleeve tightly, her eyes pleading as she regarded the demon lord fearlessly and confidently. Determination shone brightly in the depths of her sapphire eyes.
 
“Please.” She whispered to him softly. “Please, I'll do anything…anything you want…just-help me cure Inuyasha.” She pleaded to him, a small, saddened frown set on her face.
 
She swallowed thickly, searching for the right words. “I know you're not obligated, but I have nowhere else to go-no one to turn to.”
 
She sighed out sharply. “I've tried everything, asked around, giving him herbs and other things that should have helped him but nothing ever worked.” She rambled on, staring at him with scared eyes.
 
She pinned him with an intense stare. “You're the only person I'm sure that can help him…” she said slowly, meaningfully. “I have no doubt…I need you to do this because without you he might…” her throat closed painfully at the thought of what she was about to say.
 
She swallowed thickly before continuing. “He might…die…” she trailed off, her lip trembling at the thought of her best friend passing into the after life like this. She bowed her head and waited for his decision.
 
Sesshomaru studied her intently, his cold eyes unusually heated as he indulged himself in thought.
 
It took only a second for him to make his decision.
 
Kagome tensed suddenly when she felt the slightly chilled claws of the demon lord prickling at her palm as he gently lifted her hand off and away from his sleeve before stepping away.
 
Her head slowly tilted up to stare at him, her sapphire gaze questioning.
 
Sesshomaru's head nodded ever so slightly. “I will help the hanyou-“
 
Immediately Kagome's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.
 
Unfortunately, they grew guarded at Sesshomaru's next words. “…but only on one condition.”
 
Kagome looked undecided for a moment, but soon enough her eyes hardened with determination and her chin lifted up stubbornly. “Anything.” She said with confidence.
 
That confidence was soon broken after she heard Sesshomaru's demands.
 
“You must leave your group…”
 
Kagome froze, her breath hitching quietly.
 
Sesshomaru stared down at her indifferently with void golden orbs. “And join mine in your search of the Shikon no kakera.”
 
Wide conflicted blue eyes slowly trailed up to lock with heated golden ones. Only ten seconds passed until a sound was finally uttered from the miko's lips.
 
“…It's a deal…”
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;--
 
Words- 2,136
 
Ehh, not my best but oh well. Sorry its been like more than a year since I last updated-there's not much inspiration on this fic for me lol. I'll finish though, its just a matter of when that's debatable.Hope you liked it though!!
 
Well, your thoughts?
 
Till laters!
 
RainLily
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-; -;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;--
--Review Replies—
Well, a special thanks to these reviewers!
Lady Hiroko- Hm, I went back and revised the prologue a bit, but I really didn't see many so if you see any more mistakes like that keep pointing em out so I can fix it. I try reading it over but its hard to proof read you're own material and staying focused, well for me anyhow. Eh, if I start the prologue with half Sesshomaru and the rest Inuyasha, it'll just make it boring. I set it up like that for a reason-to try something new. I guess its a matter of preference but I like it the way it is-I think it adds mystery and suspense. Thanks for the review, hope you like this chapter!
nightshade41230- Thank you! ^^