InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mai na Neka ❯ The REAL Confession ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

* Chapter 20 *

(The REAL Confession)

Before

"I'll protect her with my life."

"Even if she goes to your brother?"

" . . . Yes . . ."

At that point in time Kagome was wide-eyed with silent tears running down her cheeks. Kikyou knowing she was there was trying to have Inuyasha hurt her with his words. Though in the end she accepted what she heard. Calling her soul catchers she bid Inuyasha farewell and left. Giving Inuyasha time to smell the salt from the tears.

"Kagome . . . did you hear all of that?"

"Yeah . . . did you mean it?"

"All of it."

"The funny thing is I thought I loved you, but now I think it was a brotherly love."

Inuyasha decided that he would put down the tough guy act, and hugged her. Kagome returned the hug in full. They stayed like that under the moon with a silver haired, golden-eyed protector watching over them.

Now

In Kaede's hut Sango, Miroku, and Shippo were discussing what to do with playing matchmaker with Kagome and Sesshomaru.

"I agree with you Shippo, I think they'd be perfect for each other!"

"Hmm . . . But how should we go about this? Being a humble monk that I am, I need to help others, no matter what the case may be. But the fact that I'm a monk playing matchmaker . . . My reputation of being a noble and honorable monk, that has no perverted streak in him at all . . . I don't know what I should do . . ."

* Wham * * Bam *

"Humble, noble, honorable monk my FOOT!"

With an unconscious Miroku on the floor Sango and Shippo started coming up with ideas on how to get Kagome and Sesshomaru together.

@@@ Back with Inuyasha and Kagome @@@

"Alright I'm going to go back to Kaede's. H and Kagome?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't do anything I wouldn't with by brother, kay?"

While Kagome was seriously blushing at the bluntness of what Inuyasha said, Inuyasha was jumping away. Then the silver-haired golden-eyed guardian came out from hiding. Startling the previously blushing Kagome.

"SESSHOMARU! Don't scare me like that!"

"Gomen-nasi Kagome."

`Sesshomaru is apologizing?'

Kagome, not believing that she heard right and thinking that if she did Sesshomaru was sick, did the only thing that came to mind. She put her hand on Sesshomaru's forehead, to see if he had a fever.

"What ARE you doing?"

"Checking to see if you have a fever."

"I assure you that I'm perfectly fine."

"You sure, because you just apologized."

* Twitch *

"Well if you don't WANT me apologizing then I guess I won't."

"NO! . . . I mean I don't mean it that way! It's just I'm not used to it. Gomen!"

* Sigh *

"It's okay."

"So why did you tell me to meet you here? Did you know that Kikyou would be here?"

"For you second question no I did not."

"And for my first?"

"..."

"Sesshomaru . . ."

"..."

"Sesshomaru . . ."

"…"

"SESSHOMARU!"

"Huh?"

With that one word, that one simple word, Kagome just couldn't handle it any more. So she did what she had needed to do for a while now. She screamed. She screamed all her frustration out, all her anger out, and all her emotions out. All in that one scream, along with that one sentence.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HUH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

"Ow. . ."

"Huh?"

"My ears, you screamed."

"AH! GOMEN! Wait! Why am I apologizing? It's your fault!"

"Gezz! I'm SO SORRY for getting distracted!"

`Hopefully she'll buy that. . .'

"..."

"What?"

"…"

"Kagome?"

"…"

"Come on Kagome, you starting to freak me out, and you're the first one to ever do that. That's saying something."

"…"

"KAGOME!"

"Stop trying to get out of telling me why you wanted to meet me hear, and get on with it!"

"…"

"Okay how about this, why don't you tell me why your brother said, I quote `Don't do anything I wouldn't with my brother, kay?' Unquote."

`I'm going to have to thank my little brother for that.'

"Waiting."

"My, my, Kagome so impatient. Someone might get the wrong idea."

"Argh! That! That!"

"That what?"

"That!"

"Hmm?"

"YOUR WORSE THEN MIROKU!"

"I take offense in that."

"Spare me."

"I rather not."

"You arrogant as-mphf "

Sesshomaru just happened to smash his lips on Kagome's, efficiently shutting her up. Asking entrance into her mouth, and getting it they started and all out make out session.

@@@ With Miroku, Sango, and Shippo in the Bushes @@@

"I guess they didn't need our help."

"Shippo why don't we leave."

"Yeah."

"Leave?!?! I might get to see more!"

"Miroku! Come ON!"

"Alright fine!"

@@@ With Sesshomaru and Kagome @@@

Kagome and Sesshomaru were too much into each other (^_~) to hear the yelling in the background.

After another 10 minutes, Kagome drawing away from Sesshomaru, flushed a little them asked a strange question that happened to be nagging her.

"Do you feel like we're being watched?"

"Your friends?"

"I should have known."

* Sigh *

"It's okay, I alright with it."

"Of course you are. . ."

"Hmm . . . Kagome . . ."

"Ya?"

"I want to stay with you. I want to help you. Will you let me?"

"Wha? You mean with the shards or Naraku?"

"Both. . . I want to stay with you."

In the second time that night Kagome found herself in the arms of a silver-haired protector. Though this time it wasn't in the arms of a brotherly figure, it was in the arms of a lover. One that would always be with her and would never leave her side.

~Owari~

So what did all you guys think? I know not the best story or ending but hey! I like it!

Press the review button you know you want to! ^_~

@ If you have any question just e-mail me or write it in a review and I will do my best to answer them! @

$ Thanks for reading! $

Glossary:

Gomen-nasi = I'm very sorry

Gomen = sorry