InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making History ❯ The Three Months Before I'm America Bound ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Making History
By Akira & Yuki

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. Oh, and ignore the muffles in the back. ^^'''

A/N: Yay! Well… nothing much to say here… but it's steadily heating up.

Chapter Four - The Three Months Before I'm America Bound

I woke up and looked at Inuyasha, sleeping on the floor. I quickly changed in the bathroom and put my bag on the bed. Nina came in and seen him. I smiled. I looked at him, then seen his hair...no...

"A nail or an erm...possession?" Nina proposed. I shrugged. Then he woke. Without a thought, he stroked my head.

"Inuyasha? You feelin' okay?" I asked. His eyes widened and he dashed into a corner and blushed. We giggled towards him.

"Ready?" He muttered. I nodded.

"This is Nina. She...erm...is watching me while I stay in Japan. She has a son named Naota, and a father, named Aiyoshi. This is their shrine." I said. He shrugged. I looked away as he walked over to us.

"Ready to go?" He asked. I turned to Nina.

"The school doesn't believe me. As we suspected, you're being sent to America at the end of the 4th month. I'll pack the rest for you while you're gone. Okay?" Nina asked. I nodded. I looked to Inuyasha. I grabbed his hand.

"Let's go." I said. I put my bag on and gave Nina a kiss on the cheek. Then Inuyasha tugged loose from my hand. He went out onto the roof outside the window, and then put his back to me.

"Hop on." He muttered. I smiled and did, then he jumped down, and we leapt into the well house, and down the well.

---

We went to the others, and we set off, battling demons, getting jewel shards, over and over and over, until it was the end of the first month. I returned home to fix my packing things, refilling medicines and stuff like that. The pulse of Kikyo running around in my head, because of my jealousy towards her and Inuyasha. I've come to....grow.....f..feelings. Feelings for Inuyasha. He was always there for me. And he showed somewhat of interest in me...but not enough to prove he liked me more than Kikyo...or at least liked or loved me.

---

"Inuyasha? Do you think that I should choose my coconut peppermint shampoo and conditioner, or my regular strawberry raspberry?" I asked.

"I don't care." Inuyasha said, looking aside. I sneezed. "Great. You're getting a cold."

"No I'm....achoo!" I said. "...not."

"Yes you are. We aren't going back until you're better. Get in bed." Inuyasha said.

"I said I'm fine!" I said. Inuyasha retorted.

"No. You're getting sick." He said. He put a hand to my forehead. "You've already gotten a fever. Now. In bed."

"NO! I'm fine! All of this is probably because of that small little demon bite on my leg. I'm fine!" I retorted.

"Yeah yeah. Whatever." He said. He pulled the sheets down on my bed. I became a little faint, and started to fall, only to have Inuyasha catch me, then pick me up bridal style and tuck me into bed. "And that fall was just your stupidity for not knowing how to balance anymore. You're getting sick and you need to rest."

"Fine. Achoo! Just get Nina in here to give me medicine. I don't want you taking care of me, you'll poison me." I said.

"No I won't. Just wait." Inuyasha said, then went out of the room. I went off to sleep, I was getting sick and I knew it, but I had to be strong or Inuyasha would go on without me, and I still didn't have that thing to track him with that Aiyoshi needed a month ago. I have two more months before I'm America bound. I pretended to be asleep, as Inuyasha came in. He shut the door behind him and had something that smelled really good.

"Hmph. Slacker." He whispered about me. I was about to get up and retort, but I was too curious to know what he'd do when I wasn't around. He came up and sat on the edge of the bed and felt my fever.

"It's rising...she should take this, but I don't want to wake her...she looks so peaceful." Inuyasha whispered to himself. That was sweet. Inuyasha...why do you go for Kikyo?

"Inu...yasha..." I whispered. Oh my gosh!!! I just spoke! Unless he buys it that I talk in my sleep.

"What?" He whispered back. I heard his ear flick. I had to play along...but the only thing that came to my mind to say was....

"I...love...you...Inuyasha.." I whispered. OH MY GOSH!!! I heard him gasp.

"What? Are you awake? Or just talking in your sleep?" He asked. I didn't reply. He knelt down and kissed my forehead. "Andrea?" He was very persistent... ugh. Here's another act without thinking action.

"Yes." I whispered in his ears.

"Yes what?" He asked. I didn't reply. "Well?"

"You'll find… out… soon… enough dog… boy." I whispered. That might have given me away, but I don't care. His ears flicked and I rolled to the wall. I felt him lay down. I rolled near him and put my head on his chest. He stroked my hair, then sat me up lightly and put some soup down my throat. I had some, and he let me sleep.

"That way you can get better in your sleep or something." Inuyasha said, playing with my ear facing up.

---

The next morning, I woke up. Cheery because I finally confessed. It was off my chest. I woke up, only to find myself alone. I laid down on my back because I was on my side, and just laid there. Then Inuyasha came in. I sat up. He felt my forehead. He frowned.

"You've gotten a bit worse." He said. "Rest some more, but tell me something...did you mean what you said in your sleep...do you...love me?"

I looked away.

"If you do...then I..." Inuyasha said, noticing me starting to blush. I blushed more. He stopped and looked away. "Never mind. I won't say anything until you answer that question."

"Then I guess you won't be saying anything for a while..." I said, and hugged my knees to my chest, still looking away. Inuyasha looked over at me curiously.

"Try to rest. I'll go tell the others we'll be a while." Inuyasha said. I nodded. I laid down and turned my back to him as I starred at the wall.

"Don't run off to Kikyo now..." I whispered. I had a feeling he heard me, because his ears flicked.

His ears did flick, then he turned to look at me, his ears drooping... but he just left anyways and went out to the well.

---

"Inuyasha! Where's...Andrea?" Shippo asked. Inuyasha looked away.

"She'll be a while. She's sick and I'm not bringing her back until she feels better." Inuyasha said.

"Don't think I'm happy because of that, but I'm a bit glad. I want to go back to my village to fix up my hiraikotsu, and visit my family's graves." Sango said. The others nodded, and she set off on Kirara.

"I guess that means I'm alone with you guys." Shippo complained, sitting down next to Miroku. "Though it's times like this where I'm really glad I'm not a girl." Miroku sweat dropped.

"Be glad you're not a lecher." Inuyasha said, glaring at Miroku. Shippo smiled and nodded.

"Shouldn't you be going back to watch her? You should be at her side in her time of need if you really want her to return your feelings." Miroku said. Inuyasha spazzed, jumping back nervous.

"Wuh-what are you talking about?! I don't like her! Why would I want her to return feelings that aren't there?!" Inuyasha retorted.

"So...you don't like her? That's awkward, how you two are always hanging over each other...though if you don't, it just gives me more of the chance for her to like me!" Miroku said. Inuyasha growled.

"Inuyasha, just go before you make things worse." Shippo said. Inuyasha set off, and went back to Andrea's room. She was in the same position as before, but she was sleeping. He went off into the shrine more, to meet Nina.

"Hello there Inuyasha. Andrea feeling better? She was sleeping when I last checked." Nina said.

"Still sleeping." He replied, then blushed red and looked away. "I was wondering...if erm...you and I could...go out and get...something for...her? I know you need something for her to link to, when she goes to...'America'.....and we could go out and get something."

"Sure. Put a hat on though, I'll put on a kimono, and we'll walk over to the small shrine festivities. They sell lovely mementoes." Nina said, then went off to a room, and came back in a kimono, with her purse. "Let's go then." She planted a baseball cap onto his head, and he followed her to the festivities across the shrine.

When they got there, there were dozens of flea market carts, lined up selling different things.

"Just go around and find something you'd like. When you do, call me, I'll be talking to my friend there, she's at the baking stand." Nina said. Inuyasha nodded and they separated.

Inuyasha went right to the flowers. He looked at them, and decided that they would die out and then it couldn't be used for linking at all. He looked at the candy stand. Someone would eat it right off on her. Then he made it to the jewelry stands. So many rings and bracelets were lined up. Nothing really suited his fancy for her, as he pictured each and every thing that caught his eye on her.

He made his way to a stand that was completely necklaces. Many were gold and silvery looking, then one caught his eye especially. It was a gold elastic like rope, instead of a chain, and as a charm on it, it was a bunch of tiny diamonds that made the shape of a heart. He smiled wide and nodded, then he looked over to the next stand, where Nina stood gossiping with her friend. He poked her arm and then she looked over with a big smile.

"Find something?" She asked. Inuyasha pointed to it. Nina and her friend oohed at it. "It's beautiful. How much is it?"

"Fifty yen." The man standing there said. "That's with the fine wrapping and such, otherwise, it's just thirty-five yen."

"Good. We'll take it in a holding box." Nina said. The man nodded and took out a holding box, then put the necklace inside. He traded it for Nina's yen, and then the two set off to go home.

"What are you going to do with it now? Give it to her? Or should we link it then you give it to her?" Nina asked.

"You can link it, then I'll give it to her when the time is right. Just....don't tell her about it." Inuyasha said. Nina nodded and took the box. She went into another room, where Aiyoshi sat, meditating. I opened his eyes. Nina handed him it, and he opened it. He smiled, then put it into an incense burner.

"WHA-?!" Inuyasha started to spazz, Nina put her hand on his mouth. Aiyoshi took a needle and pricked Inuyasha's finger over the incense, then let Inuyasha be. He chanted a few words, and then the necklace floated up, glowing a misty purple, and then it floated back into the box. Inuyasha took the box, and put it in his haori, then he left the others, and went into my room. I was sleeping peacefully, smiling, and was facing his direction now.

'What could she be dreaming about to smile so much?' Inuyasha thought. He felt my fever. It was cooling down. 'At least she's getting better. She should be by tomorrow.'

"Yes." I whispered, only faintly. He looked at me with a raised eye brow, but didn't bother. He sat at the desk chair, and watched me. Then I slowly awoke.

"Inu...yasha..." I whispered. He looked at me, waiting for an answer. "Let's go back."

Inuyasha raised an eye brow. I looked out my window. He felt for my fever once again. It was being drowned out by something. I was cooling down by the second.

"Let me see your bite on your leg. You're cooling down much to fast for a regular human to recover." Inuyasha said. I pulled my leg out and put it on the covers, only to show that it was the stain of the spider mark. "Naraku was the one that bit you."

"Man! Just when I thought that I was doing good." I said. Inuyasha took the cold soup he had last night, and then held my leg up, ready to pour on it. I pulled away.

"No no no! Not on my bed or rug! Out the window!" I said, and put my leg out the window. He poured it on my leg, and then he grabbed a towel on my desk chair and dabbed it dry.

"There. We're going back as soon as that goes away." Inuyasha said. I shook my head and put on a pair of sneakers.

"No, we're going now." I said, and jumped out the window, my arms extended out.

"AAAAH!!!!!" Inuyasha shouted from in my room, and threw his head out, and looked, as I levitated myself up, just before I hit the ground. I went high enough so that I could stand, then I ran off, and jumped into the well. Inuyasha, following. I climbed up, and then ran for the village. I found Miroku, and hid behind him.

"I'm not here." I whispered. Miroku nodded. Inuyasha ran up to us.

"Where is she? She's not supposed to be out of bed with that mark from Naraku on her leg!" Inuyasha ordered.

"I don't know. She ran past me, and went down that way by the fields." Miroku said, pointing. Inuyasha nodded and ran off. I watched him fade out of view, and then I sighed.

"Thanks Miroku." I said. He smiled.

"No need for thanks. Inuyasha tends to take things his own way from time to time." Miroku said.

"Tell me about it." I said, and put a hand on his shoulder. "He gets more and more annoying the more I get to know him."

"Hmm. Oh, here he comes." Miroku said. I just stood there. "Aren't you going to hide?"

"Nah. I'll let him beg me. Boosts a girl's ego." I said smirking. I waved good bye to Miroku, and went off beyond the village, when Inuyasha came up from behind me.

"Hey! You're supposed to be in bed!! Now let's go!" He said. I ignored him. "Miroku hypnotized you or something, didn't he?! I'll get him!"

"What do you have against Miroku anyways? There's nothing wrong with him." I asked. He got really close to my face...too close for comfort.

"Why? Do you like him?" He asked. I looked to the side, evil thoughts in my head.

"Well yeah." I replied.

"WHAT?!" Inuyasha spazzed. He jumped away, and turned his back to me.

"Please, can't you take a joke? He's just a friend Inuyasha! Hmm?" I said. I looked at him as he looked at his hands.

"She likes him! She likes him! What in the world can she see in that guy?!" Inuyasha said to himself.

"Uh...Inuyasha? Ugh. Idiot." I said. Then I went and stood in front of him. "What's your problem?"

"Huh? Nothing! Why would you care what's wrong with me? Why don't you just go hang out with your Boyfriend?!" Inuyasha asked. I sighed.

"Idiots. Men are all idiots. Can't take a joke when they need to." I said. I walked away.

"What?! Hey wait....she didn't deny him being her boyfriend! Gah! Miroku's gunna pay!" Inuyasha said. I rolled my eyes.

"Ugh. I need to get away from men for a while...I'm going to go for a walk." I said. I walked past the guys and went off to a field.

"GUH?! GET BACK HERE!!!" Inuyasha shouted behind me. I wasn't in the mood anymore.

"Miroku, get out of my way." I said loudly. Miroku went and stepped aside. Inuyasha made a 'huh?' noise, and I turned my body to the side and then send a blast at Inuyasha, sending him back and into a tree. I turned and walked more. "You're good now Miroku."

"Thanks for the...erm....warning..." Miroku said. I nodded in response, and walked off out of sight.

---

I walked off into the forest, just wandering aimlessly to get away from Inuyasha. I made my way through, to a river, that went off and downstream to a waterfall. I walked down to the waterfall, and stood there for a little bit, looking down below. That's when I seen the demon, fighting off a few villagers. They weren't doing very good in fighting, and behind them was a trail of blood and bodies. I seen that one of the corpses had a bow and arrow, so I used my powers and brought it to me. I had to get the humans out of the way. I sent a blast down there, and the humans flew off, and by the river bank. I aimed a few arrows at once, and shot it at the demon. They hit. The demon whaled in pain as it removed the arrows and looked around, to see me. I stood there and smirked at it, another few arrows ready to go.

"Ready to die, demon?" I asked. The demon shot after me, and I ducked backwards like I was doing the limbo, just missing it. I aimed at it and shot off the arrows. That's when I seen Shippo running for me.

"Shippo!" I said, as he landed on my shoulder. I aimed more arrows.

"Fox fire!" Shippo said, and the fox fire when around the tips of the arrows, and I shot off again. Just as I shot, the tale of the demon hit, and Shippo and I went falling down.

"Aaaaaaa!" I said. I couldn't think, except that I needed to help Shippo. I looked down on the ground. Sharp spikes. I levitated Shippo, who turned into his giant pink ball, and I landed on him. Shippo floated up, for us to see the demon, ready to strike. He shot out at us, hitting Shippo, and Shippo went flying towards the village. I screamed as I fell. Reaching up, hoping to catch a rock or root. I squinted my eyes and waited for the worst, but instead, someone grabbed my wrist. It happened so fast I was in shock. I looked up, only to gasp and see Inuyasha's worried face.

"Inuyasha?" I asked. He nodded and pulled me up. "What about the demon?"

"What about it? Give it a good blast of arrows and I'll get it with my sword." Inuyasha said. I readied the last arrow and aimed. A purple aura went around the tip of the arrow.

"Ready Inuyasha?" I asked.

"Let's do it!" Inuyasha said, readying himself with his sword. I shot off the arrow, and he ran in for the hit. He jumped up, and slashed down. "Windscar!"

The attack hit the demon, dissolving it into nothing, leaving behind a jewel shard. I went over and picked it up, then put it in the jar in my pocket. Then I looked back at Inuyasha.

"Told you I was fine." I said. I walked by him, and went off wandering again.

"Hey, wait!" Inuyasha said. I stopped and turned to look at him. "Uhhh.....aren't you forgetting something?!" I thought a moment.

"No." I said, and continued on.

"WAIT!" Inuyasha said. I turned and looked at him. "Uhh...an apology? A thanks? Something?"

"Mmm.....No...not that I can think of." I said. Then put a finger up to remember something. I walked over to him.

"Yes." I said. Then I went and walked away.

"Yes what?" Inuyasha asked.

"Think back. You'll remember some time or another." I said, not looking back. I went off towards the village, leaving Inuyasha to his thoughts.

"Huh?" He said, as I went out of sight. "I don't get it...'Yes' what?"

---

After that, the second month went pretty good. Sango returned, happier than ever. Shippo was a little sore, because of the battle. Miroku was still himself, trying to grope us girls. He looked innocent when Inuyasha glared at him...I don't think that Inuyasha really sunk in the words, 'it was a joke' from when I said 'yeah' to liking him. Inuyasha....always being an idiot.

At the end of the second month, I returned home once again to repack, and helped Nina being ready for packing the rest up, so that I could go to America. Inuyasha stayed his stubborn self, but eased up on me for some reason, probably because there haven’t been any Naraku encounters since I got that bite, and the mark was there, but faded out, because Inuyasha's soup kept helping. I still don't think that Inuyasha remembered what I said yes to though...thank goodness. I don't really think that I said that I did love him at the right time...not the right time at all. He fought with me after that all the time for a week, trying to find out what 'yes' meant. Too bad, because now it's the last week before I leave for America, and I still don't have a link!

---

"Ugh...Inuyasha...What are you doing?" I asked. He was making a noise all night at our campsite, and we barely got any sleep.

"Nothing that concerns you!" Inuyasha said.

"Is it for Kikyooooo?" I asked, smirking...though it hurt inside. He blushed and looked away.

"Maybe..." He muttered. Great. I was hoping it was going to be a 'No', but what do I get? An obvious 'Yes' even though he never said 'yes' in the first place.

"Well if you have to make such a racket, make it a mile away from here, sheesh. You kept us all up last night...therefore you must all wait for me to get an ounce of sleep before we go anywhere today, and I'm sure everyone will agree and join me. NOW KEEP QUIET INUYASHA!!" I shouted at him, and then flumped over in my sleeping bag, going back to sleep.

"Mmhmm!" The others chimed in, and then flumped over to sleep too.

"Ugh. You people had enough time to get to sleep...now get ready!" Inuyasha said.

"Well if you didn't keep us up all night making some cheap present for Kikyo, then maybe we would, but no....this is just your just for, and our pleasure." I said, and then covered my head with the sleeping bag and went back to sleep.

"Ugh. Fine then. See if I care." Inuyasha said.

'Maybe later, then I'll give her it...but how?' Inuyasha thought, holding the box in his hands. He quickly put it back and thought about some sleep himself.

---

The days went by, unfortunately. I thought that a rock would work, but no, there's too many rocks here. Maybe a lock of Inuyasha's hair, or some of his haori? Who knows...but now it's the day before my last day. Still nothing.

---

"UGH!!! I'M DOOMED!" I moaned.

"Why are you complaining now?" Inuyasha asked.

"Because! I don't have a link for getting here when I'm in America, and tomorrow's my LAST DAY!!!!" I said.

"It is?" Shippo asked. I glared at everyone, and kept quiet. It was around sunset and we finally chose a campsite. I quickly helped, then went around looking for something to link. Nothing.

By the time Shippo was out, it was really dark, and I couldn't see. Then a hand went on my shoulder, and put a hand on my mouth.

"Shhhh....It's me." Inuyasha whispered. I calmed down and looked at him. I hugged him, for some reason, because I was so scared...but lucky me. "What? Why are you...hugging me?

"You haven't figured it out yet?" I asked. Not knowing what I meant he shook his head. I smiled. I went back to the campsite, and put Shippo down with Kirara, then went and tucked into my sleeping bag for sleep. Inuyasha...on the other hand....was still up.

'Yes...yes...yes...what?' He thought. Then it flashbacked.

"Rest some more, but tell me something...did you mean what you said in your sleep...do you...love me?"

I looked away.

"If you do...then I..." Inuyasha said, noticing me starting to blush. I blushed more. He stopped and looked away. "Never mind. I won't say anything until you answer that question."

"Then I guess you won't be saying anything for a while..." I said, and hugged my knees to my chest, still looking away.

'Yes....yes...YES!!! She loves...she loves me....she...she loves me! Not Miroku!' Inuyasha thought...finally edging off to sleep with reassurance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bwahahahahaha…. R&R and read chapter 5!