InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making History ❯ Insensitive Inuyasha ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Making History
By Akira & Yuki

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. Maybe I can get connections to get Rumiko Takahashi.

Chapter Three – Insensitive Inuyasha

The next morning, I woke up and looked out my window when I was ready and dressed for school. I seen something other than the four cards I put for the barrier on it, so I went out and checked it out. There, was a message from Inuyasha.

'COME BACK YOU HAVE MY JEWEL SHARDS!' It said. I huffed and decided I had to. They're his after all, and he needs them...sort of. I took off the barrier and put the papers in my jean pocket. Since I was exchange, I could wear whatever now. He he! Go drunk principals.

I held onto my bag and jumped in. I landed and climbed back up, to see Inuyasha and some others sitting around on a hill in a clearing nearby eating breakfast. I went off, thinking about telling of my powers. I kept practicing on the jewels last night, and I got pretty good at it, so that it landed right in front of me, but not in my hands. I'll get the hang of it somehow.

"Inuyasha!" I called. They all turned to me. I stopped nearby him. "Hey, who are your friends?"

After introductions for names...Miroku stood and grabbed my hands.

"Can I ask you a very important question? Would you, by any chance, consider bearing my children?" Miroku asked. I slapped him hard.

"Pervert." I muttered, a devious and disturbed face glaring towards him. He sat down and scooted away from me, fear in his eyes.

"I see you got the note. Where are the shards?" Inuyasha asked. I smiled. I put my bag down by Miroku, and then sat down next to Inuyasha. I put my hands out.

"Hold out a hand." I said.

"Why should I?" He asked.

"Just do it." I replied.

He did. I opened my bag with my powers, and the others watched in awe. Inuyasha grunted and looked away from his seat on the grass, as I sat on my feet, my knees digging into the soil as I pulled the jewels forward, and landed in Inuyasha's hand. He grasped the jar tightly. I cheered.

"I finally got it right! And with a longer distance too!" I said. I jumped after brushing myself off.

"So you have more powers than those blasts?" Inuyasha asked. I nodded. I smirked. I looked at Shippo. He was on the verge of tears because Miroku took the last rice ball.

"I only had one Miroku! You had three already!" Shippo said. I glared at the monk as I put out one hand, and casually put the rice ball in Shippo's hands, making him smile.

"YAY!" He cheered. I smiled and picked up my bag.

"Well, I'll be on my way...I have school." I said. I waved good-bye and went off to the well. I put a foot on the rim when Inuyasha grabbed my wrist. I looked at him.

"Let go. I have to go." I said.

"No. We could use you." He replied, tightening his grip. I blasted him away, but he held onto my wrist tighter than ever and I went with him. He landed against a tree, and slid down. I landed against him, hitting my head on the tree pretty hard. I slid down on him, since he had a good grasp on me the whole time. The only way I hit my head, was because it went beyond Inuyasha's. Inuyasha slowly opened his eyes as I blacked out.

"I..Inuyasha?" I whispered...as things faded. "You're...fading out...to...black..."

"EH! GET OFF ME WENCH!" Inuyasha shouted, since I was on top of him. I couldn't move. I could barely breathe. And he was yelling at me and calling me a wench as I blacked out. I feel the love!! Then with that last thought, I was out.

"Huh? Hey! Wake up! Hey!!!" Inuyasha shouted. He shifted me around so I was sitting on his lap. He held my head up. He had horror on his face, but he quickly covered it as the others rushed over.

"Her head hit the tree. If you let go of her wrist, she wouldn't be out. Though all we can do now is lay her down and wait until she wakes up. Keep a cold cloth on her head, and make sure she doesn't get attacked by demons." Miroku said.

"Yuh think?" Inuyasha said sarcastically, and did as needed.

"What do you want to do Inuyasha? We could put her on Kirara as we search for that jewel shard in the village a bit away from here, or we can wait until she becomes conscious." Sango asked.

"Put her on Kirara. That demon could span the area and get away if we wait for her." Inuyasha said. He walked off a bit and stood.

"Aren't you going to help?" Shippo asked.

"I said put her on Kirara. I never said I was going to." Inuyasha said. Miroku sighed. Another time Inuyasha gets out of simple work.

The group set me up against Kirara. Sango would be in front, and 'the girl' as I was called by Shippo, would lean up against Miroku's chest on the ride. Shippo would be perched on Miroku's shoulder, so that he could keep a good eye on the lecherous hand for Sango and Inuyasha. Miroku had suggested the whole positioning accept for the Shippo part. Sango suggested that. Inuyasha held onto my bag, and we all set off, me out like a light.

---

After a bit, I awoke, gentle breezes going around me. I slowly opened my eyes, but not really wanting to move from the comfortable place on someone's chest. It was very pillow-like...only like a flat pillow. I reached up and touched a wet cloth on my forehead. A hand put my hand down from it gently.

"Why good afternoon there. Have a nice rest?" Miroku asked. He dabbed my forehead a bit, then removed the cloth. He put it in his pocket.

"I...I guess so. What happened?" I asked.

"You got knocked out from hitting your head against the tree that you blasted Inuyasha at after he didn't let you go. It's only been fifteen minutes since then, so you haven't been out long." Miroku replied I sat up and gasped.

"Oh my gosh!! I need to get to school! If Nina finds out I didn't make it there, I'll be sent back home!" I said. Inuyasha jumped up towards me and grabbed me off of Kirara's back.

"Miroku you pervert!" Inuyasha shouted. I looked over, and seen Miroku's hand out for groping. A disappointed look on his face. He smiled, and went for Sango's instead, and she threw back a fist like lightening. Inuyasha's shout was loud, and I was right under his chin so I covered my ears.

"Geez, do you need to shout any louder?!" I asked.

"You'll get over it." Inuyasha said.

"Look, I don’t know where you guys are going, but I need to get home! Now!" I said. "I have school and I'll be sent back to America if I miss it!"

"That school thing will get over it. You're coming with us to help find the shards of the Sacred Jewel." Inuyasha said. I concentrated. I looked at how he was holding me, one hand, around my waste. If I could just get him to let go of me...then I can try to levitate myself...or fall to my doom and be hidden from bushes so I can wake up and make my way back without them. Either way, he has to let go.

"Let go of me you dolt!" I shouted.

"No! Unless you want to get groped by Miroku, then you're staying here with me." Inuyasha retorted. I growled at him in the back of my throat. "What? Are you part dog demon too or something? Don't growl at me!"

"Let go you...you...you vermin!" I shouted, and I faced my head up to him so he would hear it.

"Hey! That's my ear!" He said. I smirked.

"How's it feel? Not a walk in the park huh?" I asked. He didn't reply.

I thought a moment. I saw the jewel shards around his neck. I hid my hands, as I used my powers to hold down the jewels and lift the cork lid of the jar. I slowly made them go down, and then into my pocket. I zipped up my pocket and put the cork back in. He looked down at me since my face was aimed at his so I could see what I was doing. He raised an eye brow.

"What?!" he asked.

"Nothing. I just hope dogs can fly." I said. I flexed my fingers.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because...I'm getting out of here." I said. I put a hand on the arm around me and tried to blast at it, but it kind of zapped him. He let go in pain reflex and I smiled. I concentrated as I blasted him away, then down, and then levitated myself. I smiled as I levitated off out of their view. I thought that they might see me above the trees, so I went down, along the tops of the trees. I made my way to the well, and jumped in. I got out and sealed the well once more, then snuck into my room. I prepared myself to sneak off to school....when I forgot something...my bag. I cursed myself for forgetting, and then I knew I had to do something to the phones so that there wasn't an absence call for me. I locked my bedroom door, then put another card on the phone.

"Calls be gone." I whispered, and my phone started to glow. As such an idiotic line that was, it actually worked!

I snuck off to the well house, and shut the door behind me. I looked at the well. Maybe I shouldn't go back. As long as I go to school...I can say that I lost my things...then I can stay...but then again being unprepared for the rest of the year will do a big drop down. Argh! Inuyasha you maniac why did you have to kidnap me...and my bag?!?!

I looked down into the well...only to gasp...

---

Meanwhile, Inuyasha leapt off the ground, and leaped back up into the air. He looked in my direction, knowing I'd most likely come back for my bag I left.

"Uh...Inuyasha? Where are the jewel shards?" Shippo asked. Inuyasha looked in the jar.

"WHAT?!" He spazzed. "The jar is corked, so they didn't fall out....HER!!! SHE TOOK THEM!! THAT'S WHY SHE WAS STARRING AT ME!!! ONWARD! WE GOTTA GET THOSE BACK!"

"Alright! Alright! Let's go!" Miroku said quickly. They landed in front of the well I go through, and jumped in. The light went and he was at the bottom. He looked up. There was a head above the barrier this time.

'Probably about to come in for her bag.' Inuyasha thought. He jumped up and held himself up in pain because of the squeeze and muscles staying like that for any length of time. He looked up at my gasping face. I thought on the spot, and blasted him to the bottom, hoping he'd go back. He didn't. He ended up at the bottom. I went to remove the barrier for a closer look, but as my palm hovered over the barrier, it went invisible. I hesitated and put my 'fist' to my chest.

"You okay?" I whispered, so that Aiyoshi or Nina wouldn't hear me.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK?!" He yelled, I shushed him.

"I don't want to get in trouble. Now give me my bag." I said. He glared.

"Give me the jewel shards." He said.

"What are you talking about? I don't have those things. Give me my bag and just go looking for them because I don't have them." I said. I touched the barrier, and my hand went through.

'That's right, it makes it so demons can't get through.' I thought.

He leapt up to hold himself there once again. I reached through and took my bag. I put it next to me. I smiled at him. His face was straining. I waved goodbye to him and off and hid down the street. When I seen some other students pass by later on in the day, I walked home. I walked into the house, to see cable repair men going through the cables.

"Nina? What's going on?" I asked.

"Something is wrong with the phone, we aren't receiving any calls. I called the service." Nina replied. I nodded. I rushed up to my room and unlocked it, then got rid of the card on the phone, only to hear, "UREKA!!" from the service men. I sighed. I put the card in a drawer, along with others, and then went around the cupboards in the kitchen for a small jar like the one Inuyasha had. I put the jewel shards in it, and put that on my desk. Hopefully the barrier would hold in case he tried to get through. The many lights coming from the well house every five minutes proved that he kept trying. Soon after a little bit of studying, I shut off my lights and went to sleep.


Though I was right. As the night went on, Inuyasha kept trying to get through the barrier...then he did. He burst through the barrier and sniffed the air. He went for my window, seeing that he seen me there when the door was open. He opened the window, and went inside.

"She's asleep." Inuyasha whispered. He looked down at me as I slept. I was just laying there. I wasn't tucked in or anything, because I was so tired of the day I just fell out asleep onto my bed. "She's going to get a cold. Idiot."

He covered me up to my waist, then looked around my room. His eyes weren't focusing right because of all the zaps he took from the barrier, but he went into the drawers, and threw things out over his shoulder.

"Ugh. Where are they! I know she has them!" He whispered loudly. He banged his fist onto my desk. I just shifted over so I was facing him, keeping my eyes closed as I slept. He looked over, a little flabbergasted and nervous. He skimmed over the top of my desk, then went over to my side.

"Where are they? Where did you put those jewel shards?" He whispered to my face.

"In..." I whispered in my sleep. He perked up. "You..." He raised an eye brow, maybe people sleeping used bad speech. He skimmed over, frisking himself bottom to top. Then he stopped at his chest. "Ya..." He nodded and went through, looking inside his haori. "sha."

He grunted. I said his name instead of where the shards were. I whispered so they were combined...yet not saying, "In..u...yasha..." I whispered.

"Is she dreaming about me?" He whispered.

"Fetch." I whispered. My arm flew out, a bit of my blasting power escaping, and he went down to the floor. He growled. "Sit." He went down again.

"What? She can do that too?!" Inuyasha whispered loudly once again. He scowled. My alarm clock went off. He panicked, and grabbed my alarm clock, punching it and biting it, nothing seeming to work. Then he just disappeared out the window and down the well. I woke up and reached for it.

"Where'd it go? Oh well." I said I stood up and looked around my room I gasped. "What the heck?!" I looked around more. The window was open. "Inuyasha...." There were footprints on my carpet. "Inuyasha....!" Then there were deep claw marks in random places of my paper work and furniture, all shaping into the curvature of a hand's finger lengths put together. "INUYASHA!"

I quickly cleaned my room. I took the jewel shards...which were lovely hidden because Inuyasha knocked them over behind my desk. I grabbed the jar and put it in my pocket, then went off to school...for real this time. I went through, telling everyone about the 'fever' I had. I went home at the end, and then sat across from Nina at the table.

"Nina..." I started.

"Yes dear?" She asked.

"...I have something to erm...tell you." I said.

"Really? Go right on ahead then." she said.

"Well...there's something wrong with that well of yours. I can...go through to some weird place with weird demons and stuff...that's where I went to yesterday. I wasn't at school. I took something from someone there, because they were being rude, and then they wanted it back, so I went back yesterday morning to return what it was, and then I went unconscious and they wouldn't let me go back because of my erm...powers..." I said.

"I knew you were special." Nina said, smiling.

"You don't believe me, do you?" I asked.

"Oh, yes I do dear. You see, the same thing happened to someone else who came to this house years ago. They were able to go back in time or something, dealing with that well. They said that someone else could as well, only to a different era as they did. They would be able to have all these strange inhuman powers. That's why my father, Aiyoshi, kept a bit of an eye on you the first day you came. Since nothing happened, he let it be." Nina said.

"Yeah.. but...I'm in the school textbook!" I said, I took out my book and opened it to the right page. I shoved it in front of her. "See? I am that Andrea... I have those powers." She looked at the page. She was a little surprised. She smiled at me and nodded.

"Can you bring me the phone with your powers? Cordless please." Nina asked. I nodded I looked around the room. I had seen it. It was in the charger, on the other side of the room.

"Bigger distance than I'm used to...then again I could levitate myself high above the treetops so...." I said. I put my hand out. It slowly floated over, and into Nina's hand. She smiled bigger and nodded. She called someone.

"Hey dad it's me, Nina.......yeah......yeah.....she can.......she made the cordless phone float into my hand from the other side of the room.......you want me to ask? Okay." She said, and then turned to me. "Did you do the spell on the phone?" I nodded. "She did Dad....yes yes I know you were right when she did the well....okay bring Naota on your way home....okay, bye."

Nina put the phone on the table and smiled at me.

"We are going to help you as much as we can with this...but school is the trouble. Naota and my dad are going to create something...because you might be going there more and more, and then missing some school, so you might be sent back to America. You have to go back, and take something from someone you've met there and you trust or something. I don't care if it's a piece of cloth, a piece of bark...something for you to go to, to go back and forth when you're in America and don't have the well. I need to ask you one thing though....do you wish to inform your family of this?" Nina said. I smiled and nodded she called home and she let them know...they didn't take it very well...because they thought Nina was a bit nuts from the start. I took the phone away from her.

"Hi mom." I said.

"Hi Hun. That Nina is a little crazy...you and super powers and all that." Mom said.

"Mom. I will prove it. I do. I want you to go into the kitchen, sit in your usual spot, and put a napkin in your left palm, in front of your face. Shut the windows and I'll levitate it....I think." I said. I waited then got the okay. I concentrated; putting the picture in my mind, then slowly lifted my free hand lightly, and pictured the napkin going up with it at the same time.

"Oh my gosh...when will you be home?" She asked.

"When I miss enough school here. Nina's going to inform the school. If they don't believe her, then I'll be home. If they do, I'll be here for the rest of the time I'm supposed to be, then come home." I replied. I finished up on the phone, then hung up. I sat at the kitchen table and sighed. Nina sighed with me. Here goes my life. Down the drain, because I have to help some weird guy with dog ears with his problems.

"Honey, maybe you should go to the era and get that thing for Aiyoshi and Naota. Okay? I'll call up the school." Nina said. I nodded. I grabbed the jewel shards from my bag and jingled them. She smiled and looked into the textbook with a gasp. I nodded innocently, and put the jar into my pocket, then went off to the well. The card to seal it was ripped into two...so Inuyasha must've come. I jumped in, then climbed out. I looked around. No sign of anyone I recognized I knew. I went around, and found that one village from before. I looked around the village, until I seen Sango. She looked over and waved. I smiled and waved back.

"Hi Sango, where's everyone else? I thought about how Inuyasha said he wanted me to stay and help him and, well, I decided that I will." I said. Sango smiled wider, only a little though.

"Excellent. Let's go find them. They're in Kaede's hut. I was just wandering around enjoying the air." Sango said. I nodded and followed her inside the hut. Shippo and Miroku gasped. Kaede wasn't inside the hut, and Inuyasha glared.

"You." He said coldly. I pointed towards him.

"Yeah it's me, but you...You went and broke through that barrier. You wrecked my room! You didn't wait for me to wake up to make my decision yesterday! You got my room to clean and scrub, because I didn't clean it all the way! You are the pain in my neck that wanted me to stay! You want the jewel shards! You don't know anything! You act before you think! You need to wise up and take responsibility and respect people's wishes..." I said to him. He backed away a little nervous. "And" He flinched. "I am going to stay with you through all of that and help you on your quest!"

Inuyasha looked at me a little shocked. He put his arm-shields down, and looked at me.

"Huh?" He asked.

"You heard me! I decided that I'll stay and help you. But I get to go home and I need a bead from your rosary or something." I said.

"You get it. It won't come off." Inuyasha said. I went over to him. I smirked. I twisted a bead on the string, and it...didn't pop off?

"What the heck?! It should've popped off already! Darn! Priestess work." I said.

"Told ya." Inuyasha muttered.

"Shut up dog boy." I muttered back. "But I need something before I go to America...so that I can come while I'm there."

"Whatever. We'll think of something." Inuyasha said. "We'll wait for you to pack overnight. I'll come. Then in the morning, we'll go, so prepare yourself."

"Mmhmm sure thing dog boy." I sneered. "Bye everyone! See you in the morning!"

With that, we went off to my era. I packed. We slept. Then morning came...unfortunately, and I had nothing to give to Aiyoshi.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello and thank you!!! Yes yes yes, I have no idea where the 'sit' is going… and well… I loved that episode with the alarm clock. Alarm clock lovers unite!! =P