InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making History ❯ I Repayed My Debts ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Making History
By Akira & Yuki

Disclaimer: I sadly don't own Inuyasha…. *sets up FOR SALE sign for whips and chains*

A/N: This chapter shouldn't have that much of the based-on-the-series thing going on. ^^

Chapter Two – I Repaid My Debts

I ignored the whole well incident and went on with my day. I got to school and remembered something- my bag was in the well! I gasped as I went through school unprepared. No detentions thankfully.

I got home, and sighed I went over to Nina.

"Hi Nina, I'm going to be out for a bit. A girl can't have enough of that mall!" I lied. She smiled and nodded. I smiled, and ran off to the well. I took a deep breath.

"I hope this doesn't take too long!" I said, and jumped in. I climbed out and looked around. No sign of my bag. Then I heard slashing, and some flesh chunks fell next to me. I yelped and jumped away. I went forward to see where it was coming from. That boy was fighting a big demon...and he had my bag!!

Inuyasha was getting the small end of the stick as he fought the demon alone. I had to do something. I looked at my hands. I hoped they had that blasting power again! Inuyasha was about to get slashed at as he lay on the ground, trying to get up. I leaped out of my place without thinking, and then held out my hands, anger expressed across my face.

The blast came out hard, and finally killed off the demon. I stood there, stunned. I didn't expect myself to kill it, just wound it enough to get out of there with Inuyasha and my bag!

I looked at my bag, then Inuyasha, and ran over to him. My bag was starting to get soaked in his blood. I pulled it off of him and put it into bushes. I went back to him and went down on my knees as I surveyed him. He was soaking in blood. That was going to be a lot of peroxide.

I pulled his head up and put it on my lap. I stroked his hair and he woke up. I starred as his ears. I wanted to touch them...but I thought it would be rude.

"You....you killed the demon?" Inuyasha asked. I smiled kindly to him.

"Yeah...surprisingly." I replied. He looked away.

"You're...you're only a human....how could you defeat that demon when I couldn't?" He asked. My expression was nervously confused.

"That's a good question. I don't know. I have this freaky blasting power, and it worked. I guess I'm not some ordinary human after all then." I said.

"You came back from your era...Are you okay? You can't go back hurt." Inuyasha said. How sweet. I guess this guy has mixed emotions.

"I came back for my bag but ended up killing a demon. I'm glad you took care of it, but look at yourself! You shouldn't be worrying about me when you're barely able to keep your eyes open!" I replied. He got up to attempt to stand, and he toppled over around, me helping him keep balance.

"Just go on with your bag. You can't do anything to help me." Inuyasha said. I put an arm around his waist.

"You're hurt and I need to help you. My bag can wait. Now lean on me. Do you know where a village is?" I asked. He looked at me confused.

"Up ahead. Ask for Kaede." Inuyasha said. I nodded and helped him. He eventually did lean on me half way there, and I helped him through the village to the hut of this woman named Kaede.

"Kagome? No? Sorry. I thought ye were someone else. Just lay him down on that futon." Kaede said. I nodded and did so.

"My name is Andrea. You must be Kaede...Do you know if Inuyasha will....live?" I asked.

"Yes. This stubborn fool has had worse injuries than this. He will not die." Kaede said. "If ye could wait outside, then I will mend his wounds."

"Oh, sure, sorry. I'm going to go and grab my bag. I'll wait here in the village for his news when I get back." I said. Kaede nodded and I ran off, coming back and flopping it next to me. I went into my history book. I turned to that page and read off. It almost explains in the exact same words as Inuyasha did.

It seems like he had relationships with humans....a priestess and her reincarnate. Kikyo...and Kagome? Kagome was that girl that Inuyasha was talking about with the well. Love was twisted within themselves...until Kagome finally left. She never really came back, but someone new came...a girl with telekinetic powers, along with many others. Her name was....

"Andrea?" Kaede asked as she exited. I closed my book and put it away and stood to look at her.

"Yes?" I asked Kaede pointed inside then walked away. I walked in a little unsure...but then I seen Inuyasha laying there, his eyes closed and quickly walked over. I sat at his side, watching him, until I fell asleep on the floor.

Kaede came in and seen us, Inuyasha still unconscious after the couple hours I waited, and me nearby sleeping against the floor. She put a blanket on me, and then went to the door. She smiled, and walked out for more herbs.

Inuyasha slowly woke up. His eyes opened. Then he looked over and seen me, sleeping.

'She...she waited for me?' Inuyasha asked. I slowly opened my eyes, then seen him awake. I darted up and threw the blanket across the room as I edged over to his side.

"You're awake! Thank goodness!" I said happily. "I thought you were gone."

Inuyasha blushed lightly and looked away.

"Whatever." He said. "Hey...Why did you stay and wait for me to wake up? Why did you save me and help me here? You could've just taken your bag and left me there."

"Because. No one that takes out time to save a stranger should be left to die." I said. "I owed you when you saved me earlier. And I had to come back for my bag. I saved you, helped you get help, and I waited for you to wake up. It's the least I could do in return."

"But all I did is kill the demon then leave you there." Inuyasha said. I smiled kindly at him as he turned towards me.

"Doesn't matter. I still owed you. You would be dead if I didn't help." I said.

"How did you get through that well? I knew someone else who went through another well nearby, and...she was a priestess reincarnate. What makes you special enough to go through a well too?" Inuyasha asked. I shrugged.

"Maybe it's just something inside the person who goes through that counts." I said. "Do you think you'll be well enough for me to leave?"

Inuyasha shot up, then held his side in pain. I helped him lay back down.

"You're going to reopen your wounds if you do that. I'll stay as long as I can...but the people I'm staying with in the future era can't know. They'd freak out and I'd be sent back home." I said.

"Sent back home? You don't live in future era Japan?" Inuyasha asked. I shook my head.

"I live in America. That's on the other side of the world. I'm just in Japan for school." I replied. He sighed.

"So after your 'school' thing is done you'd be going back to 'America'?" He asked. I sighed and nodded sadly.

"Yeah. I have to. My family will worry more than ever if I don't return." I said. I blushed and looked away when I realized he didn't have a haori on. He blushed when he realized and looked away. I looked back at him, at the bandages. I lifted them up a little, and seen that they were healing. They would probably be healed by nightfall. Nightfall. Nina would be devastated if I didn't get home soon. I stood. He slowly sat up then stood.

"What?" I asked when he looked at me.

"Nothing. Where are you going?" He asked. I looked at the door.

"Back. Back to the shrine." I said. He nodded.

"Do you have any of those future medicines?" He asked. He looked over at looked like it once was Kagome's first aid kit. It was empty and open. She must have grabbed the medicines before she left for home. I looked at it.

"First Aid Kits? Yes. I do." I said.

"Then I'm coming with you." He said. I jumped back in surprise.

"What? You can't come! What if you're seen?!" I asked.

"Then we'll take the risk." He said. I looked around the hut. I found some of those cards that monks use to ward off evil spirits. I put my bag on, then grabbed them and looked through them. I looked at Inuyasha.

"No we won't!" I said, then ran. I ran off, retracing my steps. I saw Inuyasha behind me, catching up. I looked away then seen the well. I jumped up, and plastered two of the cards on the rim of the well.

"Demonic Auras disperse!" I said. They created a barrier for Inuyasha to stay away as I went through. I landed on dirt again, and looked up to see the roof of the well house. I climbed up. I put four onto the well. "Demonic Auras disperse!"

I ran off into the house and into my room. I locked the door and looked at the well house. I could still see the barrier on the well. I leaned against my wall with heavy breathing.

"Sorry Inuyasha...but you can't be seen in this era." I whispered. I felt a little weird, so I went to my bag and looked inside. There were shards glowing like the jewel in my text book. I pulled them out. They must have been part of it. These must be those shards!

I opened my book and read through about it some more. To get used to my powers, my mind must be cleared and/or focused to what I want it to do. I can levitate things, create shields, and attacks, pretty much a shape shifting transparent blob of my mind power is doing whatever I want it to. Cool.

I focused my eyes and put a hand out. I was going to pull those jewels out of the bag and bring them to me. I focused harder. Soon, the jewels in the small jar were hovering above my bag. I held my hand up. I pictured it coming to me in my head, and it just fell to the floor. I sighed. There was a knock on the door, and I stuffed the jewels in my bag.

"Come in!" I said. Aiyoshi came in. He looked around the room curiously. Then he saw the rest of the cards on my bed.

"Aha!" He said. He waved them into the air. "Where did you get these?! They are so original! They are powerful on that well you did too! Naota told me how that cat went into the well house, and you sealed the well with these so the cat wouldn't fall in! You must show me how to use them! Make more!"

"Heh heh. I can't make more. I didn't make them. I got them at the erm...mall." I said. He looked at me, then jingled his car keys and ran off, leaving the cards behind. I stood confused. I tried once again. I practiced that for the rest of the night.

Meanwhile, Inuyasha ran forth and jumped onto barrier I put up, and yet again, he kept getting thrown back.

"Girl put up some barrier with those scraps of paper." He muttered. "Stupid wench has the jewel shards." Myouga comes up from behind him.

"Master Inuyasha, what are you doing?" He asked, then started to suck blood from Inuyasha's neck. Inuyasha squished him to the ground. He popped back to normal volume, and looked up at Inuyasha, then leaped onto his shoulder.

"Trying to get the jewel shards back, but some wench took them with her on accident to her era. She's using those scraps of paper as a barrier." Inuyasha said.

"If I may be of some assistance, maybe you should try having the lecherous monk inspect it." Myouga said.

"You mean Miroku? Yeah, that would work." Inuyasha said. He then took a large whiff of air, and ran off in the direction of his other comrades.

Meanwhile-meanwhile, with the others, Miroku sat with Sango, Shippo and Kirara around a fire.

"I wonder if Kagome's going to come back." Sango said.

"If she doesn't, I'll miss her too much, along with all those yummy treats she brings." Shippo said.

"Yes. Kagome was an important part of our group. If she doesn't return, there is going to be a great deal of difficulty with finding jewel shards, and Naraku. Not to mention the hassle Inuyasha will be getting from Koga once he finds out Kagome has left for good." Miroku said.

"You guys feel a breeze coming this way?" Shippo asked. Just then, Inuyasha rushed over and stopped behind Miroku.

"Inuyasha! Where's Kagome?!" Sango asked. Inuyasha stressed a vain but didn't reply.

"Come on Miroku. There's a barrier up you have to see." Inuyasha said. "It's kept up around another well someone is going through, with those odd papers you carry around. She has the jewel shards."

When they made it there, Miroku inspected it. He put a card on the top of the barrier and silently chanted. The barrier went away, and all of the papers burnt to ash.

"Good. I'm going to go and get that girl. Kagome's not coming back, and we could use this girl more. She has a better use of power then Kagome. She won't sit me like she always did." Inuyasha said, and jumped in. He made it and looked back up to reveal another barrier.

"Damn! She's smarter then taken for." Inuyasha said, and went back.

"If you can't get through because of a barrier, all you can do is wait until she can come back." Miroku said.

"Unless you leave a note within the barrier...then you can...well....get her to come back." Sango said.

"Yeah!!" Shippo agreed. So they did, then waited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading! Told you that it wasn't much of the based-on-the-series stuff!
You should know the drill… R&R and read chapter 3!