InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making History ❯ Sammy Meets the Feudal Era ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Making History
By Akira & Yuki

Disclaimer: Don't own Inuyasha…

A/N: Bwahahaha!!!

Chapter Eight – Sammy Meets the Feudal Era

We floated down in that purplish blue nothingness that I was in when I went through the well. I heard a nervous gasp and looked behind me, or rather, above me… floating.

"SAMMY?!?! HOW THE- HOW DID YOU?!?!" I shouted. She held up the jewel shard and I glared at her...then we both screamed as we fell down to the ground...in front of a pair of feet.

I went onto my knees then stood, as did Sam. She gave me back the jewel shard and looked around.

"So this is Feudal Japan?! AWESOME! Hey Andrea, this is where you've been going?" Sam asked, looking around.

"Yeah..." I said. I looked at Inuyasha, and his expression went from looking at me joyful and concerned, to glaring at Sam. Inuyasha scowled, but Sam was busy looking around amazed.

"Who's that wench?" Inuyasha asked. I smacked him.

"Inuyasha be nice. This is my friend Sam, and she accidentally came here because she had a jewel shard without me knowing." I said. I put a hand on Inuyasha's shoulder, holding him back with help from my powers as he tried like a bull to get at Sammy, the man...er woman, with the red sheet. I always forget what they're called. But either way…. Ole!

"Inuyasha....stop it! She gave it back, that's all that matters. Besides, after the conversation we had before about Miroku...I don't think she came for the jewel shards, she came fo-" I scolded, then Sam put a hand over my mouth. I got the hint and pulled her hand away.

"Alright...well, Inuyasha, I'll go introduce her to the others...but I'm going back in a little bit to return Sam. Good thing I have a Polaroid camera in my bag." I said. Inuyasha huffed and looked away. I grabbed Sam's arm and pulled her in the direction of Kaede's village.

"Where's Houshi-sama?" Sam asked. I held back a laugh.

"Up here a little bit. Don't maul him because I need to have a very long talk with Inuyasha! Though, I think that since Miroku's my friend, and you're my friend, you guys will be friends..." I said, then Sam glared at me. "O...Or more...so I think you'd be able to call him Houshi-chan, or something like that...just, as I said, don't maul him. I'm leaving you guys so I can talk with Inuyasha...the jerk..."

I looked up ahead, ignoring Sam's gasps of awe at the Era's huts, when I seen Miroku and Sango.

"Ohhh.....shoot." I whispered.

"What?" Sam asked.

"You'll know when we get there. There he is with Sango." I said, pointing up ahead, where Miroku was flirting with a villager.

"WHAT THE HECK IS HE DOING?!" Sam asked.

"Oh...he's flirting. He's a lecher...and trust me on one thing...he asks everyone woman the same thing, along with groping their butts." I said.

"Ohhh..." Sam said, glaring at Sango and the villager. Sango seemed to be glaring at the villager with her hands on her hips.

We made our way up to Miroku, and the villager ran away. Miroku and Sango turned to us.

"Miroku, this is my friend Samantha, Sam, this is Miroku.. or.. er.... Houshi-chan." I said. Sam's eyes sparkled as she almost drooled over him. He smiled nervously, then looked at me and I elbowed Sam. Sam zoned back and smiled.

"What a beautiful woman!" Miroku said. He took Sam's hands into his.

"And the question he asks every woman is:..." I said like a game show host.

"Would you...by any chance....consider....bearing my children?" Miroku asked.. then slipped his hand down for a groping. Sam seemed to be into a stunned trance.

"Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We haaaaave a winner!" I said, like a bell and game show host. I looked at Sango.. who looked so angry, she could be surrounded in flames.

----

'Dang… Andrea was right. He’s so cute though but.. its unmanly to just ask that before he even knows me..' Sam thought. She immediately pushed him away and hid behind me. She peeked over at Sango. She felt her glare from the distance. 'Man, what's with her.. is this.. her Houshi-sama? Definitely something to find out..'

"MIROKU!" I scolded. I looked behind me at Sam. "You okay? You look a little scared."

"Yup...fine...." Sam said. I shrugged and walked away, not letting Sam follow me. "Er....hi Sango! Nice kitty! Can I pet her?!" Kirara jumped into her arms and Sam petted Kirara happily.

---

Meanwhile, Inuyasha sat on the rim of the well... and I walked up to him, or rather, ran up and tackled him to the ground.

"Get off me woman!" Inuyasha shouted, and pushed me off. I rolled away and then notice something. The groove in the dirt from someone pacing...like Inuyasha....how sweet! The only reason I noticed was because he was laying in it.

"Jeez Inuyasha, what's your problem today? I'm here aren't I?" I asked.

"I don't have a problem!" Inuyasha said smugly, while sitting up. He crossed his arms and looked away. I stood up and walked over to him.

"Fine, then you don't have a problem. But we need to have a talk about your manners!" I said, crossing my arms.

"You're the one that needs manners! You don't even ask if you can bring a guest!" Inuyasha said, standing up.

"I'm the one that needs manners? You are the one that called my friend a wench when you first seen her!! That, is bad manners." I said.

"Don't matter. You should've kept an eye on her! She wouldn't be here if you didn't!" Inuyasha said. I was enraged.

"LET'S SEE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY AFTER THIS!" I said, and put up my hand and blasted him away, knocking him into a big and painful looking rock. He slammed against it, then flopped like a dead bird onto the ground. I heard him whine.

"What was that...geh.....for?!" Inuyasha asked.

"FOR BEING A JERK! SEE IF I SHOW YOU ANY MERCY ANYMORE!" I shouted. He stood uneasily, and I blasted him against the rock again. I folded my arms and turned my back to him, my eyes narrowed as I looked straight ahead into the forest, ignoring Inuyasha's gripes or whimpers of pain.

"ANDREA!!!!!!!" Inuyasha called. I looked straight ahead and ignored him. How could he be so selfish? Heh, this is Inuyasha I'm talking about. That's what he represents. He thinks he's so strong with those claws and that sword....then with those muscles....and that attitude.... Ugh. Who am I kidding? Though I'm still mad at him! His ego put him too far this time. He scowls off words that get me angry! And he never even said he missed me! Or anything! I was gone, and with that ditch around the well, he was worried. The expression he gave me before he seen Sammy, that was filled with joy and relief that I was alright....but....he...didn't say one thing that meant he cared.

The depression was getting to me. He didn't say hello either... it was all getting me down. After he said he cared before I was down the well, and after he kissed me, he still treats me like dirt. I don't know if I can forgive him...but I'll try to have the heart to. After all, between the two of us, I'm supposed to be the one with the pure and nice heart. I just...I just can't help it if I'm falling head over heels for the guy with the tainted heart, the big ego, the attitude, and the cruelty.

I felt a tear edge down my face and I quickly wiped it away. I could feel Inuyasha's eyes on me. I heard him step up behind me and put his arms around me from behind. His head arched around to the side, and he looked at me. I could tell he looked sorry.

"Look I didn't mean to....I mean I was just so.....and then with your friend coming.....I just...I'm...I'm sor..." He started. I kissed him quickly on the lips to shut him up. I knew he wasn't going to have the ability to say it all without having the least bit of pride afterward. His attempt was good enough I guess. I fell so easy going for some reason.

"It's okay. I know..." I whispered, then walked away. "Let's go get Sam before Miroku gropes her to death."

---

We made our way to the village and were surprised to see them the way I left them...only Sam was petting Kirara and Sango didn't look like she was ready to be in flames.

"Behave while we were gone?" I said...though it was meant for everyone, I glared at Miroku as I said it.

"Yep." Sam said, putting Kirara down and walking over to me. Then all of a sudden she looked frightened.

"What?" I asked. She pointed behind me.

"Deh...de-deh...dee...dee dee deeeemon!!!" Sam stuttered. I gasped and we all looked over. Sure enough, a large snake demon was terrorizing part of the village already.

"Miroku! Put a barrier around the village!" Sango shouted.

"Sango! Take Sam and keep her safe, me and Inuyasha will handle the demon!" I ordered. I reached over and gave Sam a bow and arrow.

"Use this if you need to." I said.

"WHAT?!" Sango asked. She looked at Sam, Sam looked at her, and they 'hmmph'ed at each other and faced backs.

"Come on guys! Kirara!" I said, Kirara meowed and transformed. I helped Sam on it. "Hold tight Sam, and Kirara, keep Sam in one piece for me. Sango! COME ON! FOLLOW ME!" Kirara flew up into the air.

Inuyasha was throwing Windscar at the demon, as Sango followed behind me and shot out her hiraikotsu at it, knocking out a chunk of it. I levitated myself, as if I were standing on ground with my position. I put my hands in front of me as if I was holding a ball, and then my powers came together and created a visible purplish ball of power. I blasted it at the demon, chopping it in half. It grew back the missing parts, and then knocked me and Inuyasha out, skidding us in the dirt.

"Inuyasha! Andrea!" Sango said, as soon, she too, was knocked back like us.

"WHAT?! EEP!" Sam screamed. She readied the bow and arrow I leant to her and aimed. The snake demon shot out, and Kirara flipped back. Sam accidentally let go of the arrow, and then it somehow glowed red, then engulfed itself in flames as it hit the snake. The fire spread on it, and it screeched in terror as Inuyasha, Sango, and I slowly regained consciousness.

"Woooaaaaah." Sam whispered as she sat on the ground, watching the snake die from the flames of the arrow she shot off. "I knew that learning it would come in handy!" We walked over to Sam and I helped her up.

"Where did the flames come from?" I asked, covering my ears from the demon's screeching.

"I don't know...it just...happened!" Sam replied, covering her ears too. I looked over at Inuyasha, who was out...with a twitchy foot.

"Great...his ears are too sensitive." I said. I looked around then decided that it was for the best, and then reconsidered. I wasn't going to cover his ears when mine hurt too! I looked at the demon... I gathered another ball of my power like I did before, and shot it out. Sango struck out her hiraikotsu...it caught fire, and she stopped on it when it came back to put the fire out.

The demon soon was starting to give way...and Miroku showed up. He held up his hand. I looked up at the demon.

"NO!!!!!" I shouted. It was too late. He pulled off the beads, and the kazaana, or wind tunnel, started pulling it in. "Miroku!! The jewel shard on its tail!"

Miroku pulled it in partly, then closed it, and the tail flopped in front of us. The flesh dissolved, and there were....two jewels? There was a jewel shard, then I grabbed and added it to our collection, then a...red jewel...that was broken in half. I reached out for it, but I dodged back my hand the moment it started to sting.

"What is it Andrea?" Miroku asked, holding his staff.

"I don't know.. but it has a barrier around it." I said. Sam got in front of me.

"Let me see!" She said. She reached forward and picked the two halves up. One in each hand.

"How...can....you....?" Sango asked.

"She is most likely the chosen one of....."A voice said, followed by sucking noises. "The fire jewel..." Then more sucking noises. I looked over to wear it was coming from...on Inuyasha. I bent down near him and looked. A small bug was sucking his neck. All at once, Inuyasha's hand shot up and smacked him.

"Inuyasha! You're okay! Hey.. who's the...mosquito?" I said. Inuyasha stood. The bug jumped onto his shoulder.

"I am a flea thank you very much. My name is Myouga; I am Inuyasha's body guard." Myouga said. I blinked.

"You're his body guard? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? Because that's what it looks like to me." I said, my index finger going around in a circling motion to show the switching.

"At least someone said it. I was being nice the whole time I knew Myouga." Shippo muttered. I held in a laugh.

"So, Myouga, why can I hold these and they can't?" Sam asked. Myouga sat down with his arms folded on Inuyasha's shoulder.

"Simple. You have been chosen by the fire jewel. The fire jewel was made long ago by Master Totosai's grandfather, a swordsman and fire user, named Aogi. It was to choose the next fire user when it was needed....just like you, telekinetic woman, have been chosen by the sacred jewel's aura. Kagome was chosen by the jewel itself because it was in her body for being a reincarnation. You have been chosen by the aura, and you, other girl, have been chosen by both the aura and the jewel, even though it was never in your body." Myouga said.

"Okay...I understand that, the jewels have minds of there own, but we have names." Sam replied. "I'm Samantha, and that's Andrea. Get it right."

"Pardon, fire user." Myouga said simply. Before anyone could get another word out, Sam was screaming. We looked over to her. Her palms were up, and they were absorbing the jewel halves!!

"Oh my gosh!" I said. I reached out, but Inuyasha stopped me.

"This is her fate. Let it be." He said. I looked at him, then looked worriedly at Sam. Her hands turned dark red, and then as if like a watery ink, the red went up her arm... and a dragon head was placed on her pulse point of the wrists. The body of the dragon went up around her forearm like a snake trying to suffocate its victim, and then the tail placed where the crease was for her elbow bending. It flashed red, her hands now normal, and then the dragons flashed again like a pulse, and were disappeared into her skin as if they were absorbed. Sam looked at her arms.

"That was......weird...." She said, her voice quivering. I looked at her arms as well...no sign of what just happened.

"It looks as if it never happened." I said. Myouga put a hand up, to represent an idea finger.

"We shall now be off to Totosai!" Myouga said proudly. I looked at Sam's watch.

"We have to be fast...it's two. We have to be back in our era soon." I said. They nodded, and we all went off. Sango and Miroku on Kirara, Myouga on Inuyasha, and since Sango was being stubborn and not letting Sam on, I gave Sam a piggy-back ride as I levitated.

We soon made our way to Totosai, who just got off his cow and blew fire out of his mouth onto a campfire place, creating the fire.

"Master Totosai!" Miroku called. He looked up and waved gleefully. We all landed and then we walked over to him.

"What can I do for you kids? Hey, where's the green one?" Totosai asked.

"The green one? Oh, she's...not traveling with us anymore." Sango said.

"Who isn't traveling with you anymore?" Totosai asked.

"Kagome." Sango replied.

"Who's Kagome?" Totosai asked...this was starting to get irritating.

"Kagome is the green one, and she's not traveling with us anymore!" Sango shouted.

"No need to shout I can hear you!" Totosai shouted back.

"We need to know about the fire jewel your grandfather created." Inuyasha said.

"The fire jewel? Oh yes!! What do you need to know?" Totosai asked.

"What does it give you when it's absorbed into your skin?" Miroku asked.

"Oh...who was it absorbed into?" Totosai asked. We all looked at Sam. Totosai smiled and walked up to her and grabbed her wrists. He seemed to be studying her palm. "Yes yes..."

"Yes what?" I asked.

"It was definitely absorbed into her skin." Totosai replied.

"We just told you that old man!" Inuyasha shouted.

"What does it mean?!" Sam asked Totosai. He looked at her, then went off into his cave, then came out with a book. He handed it to her.

"It's how to handle your powers. You have to use them carefully or you'll create forest fires....uhhh....uh.....What were we talking about again?!" Totosai said. We all sighed.

"It doesn't matter now. We have what we need. Let's go." Inuyasha snapped.

"Let me try something first Inuyasha!" Sam said, and with me holding the book up for her, she shot out a flame whip, that accidentally hit Totosai's cow.

"Wow." I said.

"Yeah, a whip." Sam replied.

"Not that....when you used your whip, the dragons on your arms reappeared and your eyes turned grey..." I said.

"Really? COOL!" Sam replied. We laughed a little and got ready.

Miroku and Sango hopped onto Kirara again, and then Sam onto me, and we were off once again to Kaede's village. It looked now, as if nothing had happened.

"What time is it Sam?" I asked. She looked at her watch.

"Wow, it's four!!" Sam exclaimed. I slowly lowered down by where the beginning of the village was.

"HEY! Where do you think your going?!" Inuyasha shouted as we landed. He jumped down by us.

"We're going home. Our parents are going to need us for dinner. Now let's go say goodbye." I said. We walked over to where Sango and Miroku landed. We petted Kirara and hugged Shippo. I hugged Inuyasha and Sango, and then Sam just shook their hands, but almost tackled Miroku to the ground with a hug. Then Kaede came.

"I see that ye are off once more Andrea. Ye and ye fire user friend." Kaede said.

"Yes Lady Kaede. We must. Inuyasha will be going with us if he wants." I said, smirking at Inuyasha. Inuyasha's ears perked up and he came over like a happy puppy. It was so adorable I giggled with Sam, but Inuyasha just scowled at us.

"I hope to see ye soon, eh..." Kaede said, holding a hand out to Sam.

"Sam, Samantha." She replied, shaking her hand.

"I don't." Sango muttered. I was just able to hear it as Shippo went in for an extra hug from us.

"My offer is still hanging high Samantha!" Miroku said. I had a doubt somehow that as much as Sam liked Miroku, that she wasn't going to bear his children...but who knows. I didn't think that Inuyasha cared that I lived to see the light of day...I was wrong there.

"Okay, let's go, each of you take a jewel shard." I said, and handed Inuyasha and Sam a jewel shard. They did, and put a hand on my shoulders, Inuyasha on my left, Sam on my right. I did the motions for going back, and then the light appeared once more. We toppled into my back yard. My grandfather was out and he was wearing a hat. I grabbed it off of him, and then put it on Inuyasha.

"Ignore the smell and sweat and you'll be fine until you get inside...then you can take it off." I whispered.

"You want to spend the night Sam?" I asked.

"I have to ask my mom first." She replied. She called up and it was a yes, so she ran home, grabbed her things, and ran back. We sat down on the couch and watched some television after I finished introducing Inuyasha to everyone...though I still had my dad and aunt and uncle left.

I looked at Sam. She seemed more content then usual...She was holding onto her cheek.

'He kissed my cheek! I think I'm in loooooove!!!!' Sam thought. I held in a teasing 'ooooh!' as we finished watching a movie off of paperview.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ENTER SECOND PAIRING!! XP