InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making History ❯ Secret of the Kousofu no Jii-chan ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Making History
By Akira & Yuki

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. Rumiko Takahashi does.

Chapter Ten - The Secret of the Kousofu no Jii-chan

We woke the next morning, then everyone but Inuyasha changed. We agreed to go back to Feudal Japan after packing up, but Sam's parents had to know the deal with Inuyasha, so I grabbed my bag, and put a hat on Inuyasha as we set over to Sam's house. We got there, and she grabbed a bag of her own, along with her money. I had my money with me already, and we sat down at the table with Inuyasha and Sam's parents.

"So let me get this straight....He, is a half demon from Feudal Japan, and you two have supernatural powers from being in his time yesterday?" Sam's mom asked.

"Pretty much. I found out my powers a few months ago." I said.

"Okay, so...you three are going back? To figure what out?" Sam's dad asked.

"To figure out how the demon rat that attacked us got to our era." I said.

"You said demon rat?" Sam's dad asked. We both nodded.

"Why?" Inuyasha asked.

"No reason...just something I wasn't expecting to hear." He said. After a bit, Sam was allowed permission and we set off on bikes to P&C.

"What are these....'Little Swimmers'?" Inuyasha asked.

"They're diapers for pools. Babies wear them." I replied. We walked down the frozen food aisle.

"What are these...'Lean Pockets'?" Inuyasha asked.

"They're like sandwiches." Sam replied. We got to the other end of the aisle, then went over to the other foot, where we found the Ramen.

"Americans have Ramen? GET SOME!!!" Inuyasha shouted. A few people started starring. Inuyasha's apparel made things worse.

"Inuyasha! Calm down! We are." I said. We walked down for some instant food, where all you do is heat it. We grabbed a few things, then went passed one aisle where Inuyasha went down and pulled us over.

"What are these...'Tampax Tampons'?" Inuyasha asked. Sam and I exchanged odd glances and them looked at him.

"You don't wanna know." We said in unison. We grabbed some other things, then cashed out. We put the things in our bags, and then rode our bikes to Wal-Mart.

We grabbed a few things there, then went to their McDonalds' and grabbed something before we went back to my place to go to Feudal Japan.

---

At my house, Sam's parents were there, and we all said our goodbyes, and that we'd try to be back soon. We went off into my back yard, and Inuyasha and Sam still had the two shards I gave them before. In the same places as when we came to this Era, I did the motions and soon, we were surrounded by the purplish blue-ish light that surrounded us before.

"This was pretty neat the first time, but now it's just getting old." Sam said.

"I could've told you that." I said, facing them and putting my hands on the back of my head as if I were relaxing on a couch.

"What's taking so long?!" Inuyasha scowled.

"Well hello? This necklace is supposed to link to you, not the Feudal Era, so we have to be patient." I replied.

"Heh, Andrea, we're talking about Inuyasha here." Sam said. We both laughed, only to scream as we landed in Kaede's village. We stood. We looked around and soon Kaede and Myouga came out of the hut.

"Kaede, do you know of any rats getting through to our era?" Sam asked.

"Yes. And it is the work of someone powerful." Kaede replied.

"I believe, Master Inuyasha, that it might be the work of Onigumo's new body, Naraku. Though the way it is done, and the technique is completely different than what Naraku usually does." Myouga said.

"Different technique? Maybe Naraku has learned some new tricks." I said.

"Ye never can tell. Naraku is a devilish man full of tricks to trick ye eyes." Kaede said.

"We know that you old hag!" Inuyasha snapped. I pulled on one of his ears, and he whimpered.

"Be nice Inuyasha." I scolded. He stayed a bit of a distance.

"All we can be sure now is to go to Naraku's castle and get some answers that way." Myouga said. I smiled.

"Then let's go!" I said. Miroku came out of Kaede's hut and sunk his head slightly.

"Sango is off to her village with Shippo and Kirara." He stated.

"Well, Kaede can give her the message. We need to figure this out! A whole world full of people that don't know a thing about destroying these demons is going to be in danger!" Sam said. I nodded in agreement. Miroku sighed and then we had to figure out a new way to do it, since Inuyasha had a big problem with Miroku riding on his back.

"Fine. Sam will ride on yours and Miroku on mine." I said. Inuyasha scowled and said something to Miroku about groping and dying, then we got ready, and were off. We flew down, and walked the rest of the way to Naraku's castle so that we weren't spotted by the Saimyousho.

---

We soon came up to the castle, on full alert. Then a woman in a purplish-pink and white kimono came out with a fan.

"Kagura!" Inuyasha shouted.

"Who's she Miroku?" Sam asked.

"She's a reincarnation of Naraku. She uses the wind for her powers, just watch out for her elder sister, a young albino girl that looks around eight. She carries a mirror that sucks in your soul. They work for Naraku, so keep a distance, and battle well the first time." Miroku said. We both nodded and readied ourselves.

"Dance of Blades!" Kagura shouted. We dodged them, but one skimmed my cheek on my way of ducking. Samantha did the same attack as she did at my house, and brought the lava from the earth. She threw it at Kagura, and Kagura dodged it. Inuyasha readied the Tetsusaiga.

"Windscar!" Inuyasha shouted. It went out for Kagura, and hit her arm, almost making it fall off.

"Yes!" I said. I created a power ball, the ball of my bunched up power, and then blasted it at Kagura as Sam shot off her flame whip, and then Inuyasha with the Windscar. They all hit. She almost lost her balance, when a man in a baboon outfit appeared before us.

"Kagura, I'll handle them from here." Naraku said. Kagura flew off on a giant feather, and we got ready.

"Windscar!" Inuyasha shouted. I shot off a big blast from my hands, and then Sam shot off a lot of fire.

"Miroku? Why aren't you helping?" I asked.

"There are Saimyousho. They ruin my wind tunnel if I suck them in." Miroku said. I nodded in understanding.

"Do you have those taleb or tarot-like cards?" I asked. He nodded.

"Throw it at him." I said, my hands glowing from my powers, Sam's eyes almost drowning in grey, as her hands started to glow a reddish grey marble color. Inuyasha did more wind scars and Sam with fire whips, lava, and then flame blasts. Miroku didn't really understand about his cards and why he should throw them, but he did anyways.

Once he did, I combined a power ball with it, and threw it at Naraku. Naraku fell over, and then sat up.

"That...was a mistake." He said. He rose high into the air. His hand came out of hiding, and then he slashed out. We all dodged back, from getting hit. I had a long tear on my shin going horizontal. Miroku was out, Sam was starting to get up again, and Inuyasha was already up. The three of us exchanged glances.

"Try." Sam glared.

"That." I glared.

"Again." Inuyasha glared.

Naraku chuckled. My glowing hands held two power balls in them. I clapped my hands together above my head, and then shot it at Naraku. Sam shot off the same way with her fire, and Inuyasha did a Windscar. He blocked it all. He took on another attack. I was out. Inuyasha was trying to make his way up, and Sam was right behind him. Inuyasha jumped up for a full confronting, and then did Windscar. I was knocked back into the dirt, out. Naraku went for another attack at Sam, when the arm was completely torn off by something. Sam looked behind her.

"Sango?" Sam asked. It wasn't. It was...Kikyo. She shot off another arrow, and Naraku died. In his place, a broken wooden puppet.

"A demon puppet." Kikyo said as she walked forward to it. She threw it aside and then walked into the castle.

"Hey! Get back here!" Sam called. Whoever this was, she needed to find out. She ran up to the castle, and followed this strange woman into a dark room. A hand went around her mouth, and she lit the room into flames. She backed away from the person. She didn't see the person's face...it was in the shadows.

"Who...who are you?" Sam asked.

"I....am....Kakyu....Kakyu Numiri." They said. It was a man. Sam took a step back.

"But I'm not...I'm not Japanese." Sam said, her eyes narrowing at this man.

"I know...I came here from China...and Naraku captured me...I am to bring you to him...now come with me dear relative....you are to work for him. The power of the flame will be his rule." Kakyu said, getting closer. Sam panicked, then threw flames at Kakyu, she seen his face, and ran out of the room, and out of the castle. On her way, she ran into Inuyasha.

"Inuyasha?" She asked.

"Yeah? Where's Naraku? Is he inside? I know that was a demon puppet." Inuyasha said.

"No...there's a woman, and a man in there. The man is Kakyu....a relative of mine, or so he claims...and a woman that looked like a priestess. She defeated the puppet Naraku sent for us." Sam replied.

"A woman that looked like a priestess? She probably was...maybe it was.........Kikyo..." Inuyasha said. He held onto his sword and ran off into the castle. Sam took no time to watch him after, she just ran out, to where Miroku and I were sitting.

"Andrea! Andrea!" Sam called. I looked over.

"We...we...we need to go back home.." Sam said...out of breath.

"Why? What's wrong?" I asked, standing.

"What's not wrong? Heh, you know how my dad was acting strangely when we mentioned that demon rat?" She asked me.

"Yeah." I replied. She was starting to worry me.

"Well...I...have a relative in there...his...his face was....was like my grandfather's! and.....he had....a rat.....on his shoulder...it looked like the demon...only smaller!!!" Sam said.

"Okay okay! Calm down. What about Inuyasha?" I asked.

"He went in after he found out that some priestess woman was in there. He called her....Kikyo." Sam replied. I should've known from the moment Sam said 'priestess'. I glared at the castle as I stood. I looked over a little sad and regretful at Miroku.

"Miroku...will you be alright here alone until Inuyasha comes out?" I asked.

"If I stay in hiding here, then yes." Miroku replied.

"Alright. We're going back to get some answers. If Inuyasha tries to follow me, promise me that you'll suck him up with your windtunnel." I said. He sighed.

"I cannot betray a beautiful woman, so yes, I promise." Miroku said. I nodded.

"Let's go Sam. If Inuyasha needs someone, he'll have Kikyo..." I said, and walked off to a dark part of the forest. Sam held onto a jewel shard with a hand on my shoulder, and I did the motions...we were soon back in my backyard.

---

We ignored the pain in our legs as we ran down to Samantha's house. She barged through the door and I followed. Her mom was sitting down writing something.

"Hi Sam, Andrea. What do you need?" Sam's mom asked.

"Where's Dad?" Sam asked.

"He's in the next room." Sam's mom said. We ran off. There, sure enough, was Sam's dad sitting down. We sat down nearby.

"Hi...Dad...tell me...what didn't you tell us about that demon rat? I met a man named Kakyu that had one...he looked like grandfather...and...he works for Naraku." Sam asked. I sat there and waited. If it was my dad, I would've been all over him interrogating....but then again...this is Sam I'm talking about here.

"I guess you had to find out sooner or later." Her dad said. He sighed and leaned forward. "Your grandfather's great great grandfather lived in the feudal era that you're visiting now. He was evil, and he worked under Naraku. By now, since he's working for Naraku, he already has a son, so if you kill him it won't make much of a difference because his son is actually the turning point in the family. He became good, and Kakyu died...with supernatural human powers. He looks like your grandfather, because that's mostly where the looks came from the male, like you and your brother, I, got it from your grandmother. That's pretty much all I know...you'll have to ask your grandfather for the rest. He's coming into town in a few weeks...so if you can, stall Naraku."

"Not by any chance. I'm going to call him up." Sam said, and ran over to the phone. She called up her grandfather.

"Hello?" A voice answered.

"Grandfather? This is Sam. I was wondering...how can the demon rat of Kakyu get to this era from the feudal era?" Sam asked.

"Kakyu's demon rat? Hmm. Ahh yes. You see, it's in your blood. The rat follows the blood of its owner....that's all I can tell you about that." Her grandfather replied. Sam hung up and turned to me, then informed me of the conversation. We made our way back to my house.

"I don't get it...I know the DNA would've transferred somehow, but your blood should be a bit different, you know, because off the DNA in it being mixed from the groups of couples...you know?" I asked.

"Yeah. I know what you mean. We can only go along with it...and find someway to defeat him. We can kill him...but it doesn't really seem right to kill my own relative." Sam said.

"Yeah, but your dad himself said that Kakyu died." I said.

"Exactly died. He never said he was killed. If I kill Kakyu, I might ruin the fabric of time!" Sam said. I sighed.

"Good point...but what strand would you affect?" I asked. We both shrugged as we went back to the feudal era.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You know the drill!!! Onward!!!