InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making History ❯ Ghost Stories ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Making History
By Akira & Yuki

Disclaimer: We don't own Inuyasha

Chapter Thirteen – Ghost Stories

We stayed a bit of a distance from each other for the rest of the day, then grouped and set out again, this time, we were walking. It was only a few days’ walk, and then Kirara and I were wearing out from carrying people to and fro. Kirara sat on Sango's shoulder, and I as usual...walked with everyone else. Every once and a while, Inuyasha would let me on his back, and carry me for a little bit, then I'd ask to get down. I like it when he asks me, so when my feet are fine, I walk, and he asks. It's pretty sweet, since earlier today. I was walking at the moment as we turned down another path. Shippo decided to ride on Sango too at that moment.

"Need a ride?" Inuyasha asked, his eyes wandering over to me, but keeping his tone gruff. I ignored the tone, but rubbed my ankle and nodded. He stopped and I hopped on, then he ran up to the others. I think that Miroku got ideas, because he suddenly stopped and squatted down.

"Hop on Sam." He said. She at first declined, then ended up laughing a bit and hopping on. For some reason this time, I was especially tired, and my feet ached. Sam's socks were low ankle peds, and you could tell since she was wearing capri's, that her ankle was hurting. I yawned, and squeezed Inuyasha's shoulders a bit. He tightened his grip on my legs as I leaned forward more, and rested my temple on him. I closed my eyes, and loosened my grip on his shoulders, and listened to the sound of his breathing as he walked. I peeked out so that you couldn't tell...and Sam was doing the same thing. I sighed and shut my eye, trying to get a little nap.

Inuyasha's point of view...

We ran up to the others after she hopped on, and then I heard Miroku do the same thing. Sam hopped onto him, and the glare on Sango's face was threatening. I looked forward and concentrated on walking down the path.

I flinched a bit, but not much, as Andrea yawned, and squeezed her grip onto my shoulders. In case she was scared of falling off, I tightened my grip on her legs. She leaned forward more, and rested the side of her head against my back. She closed her eyes and loosened her grip. I kept my grip firm. I looked back a little at her. She looked so peaceful as she lay there, tired and trying to go to sleep on my back. I pretended to ignore it since Miroku was starting to look in our direction. I looked back and my ears flicked.

She must've gone to sleep, because her breathing calm and her grip on my shoulders loosened completely. I budged her up a bit, and as reflex her arms flopped over my shoulders. That at least, made me sure she wasn't going to fall backwards. She awoke shortly after.

Regular point of view...

I woke up a couple hours later, with my arms flopped over Inuyasha's shoulders. I moved them and put them back. It looked like it was getting close to being sunset.

"Did I wake you?" Inuyasha whispered. I looked at him.

"Mmm. Mmm." I said, shaking my head slightly. "Was I bothering you with my arms?"

"Mmm. Mmm." He replied, shaking his head. We were silent after, and then he let me down.

Sunset came quickly, and we set up camp. I put out my sleeping bag, and so did Sam. We both went on one side of the campfire, and then Miroku, and Sango with Shippo and Kirara on the other. Inuyasha sat on our side, in a tree. I sat down on my sleeping bag as we prepared some fish for everyone that Shippo caught from a river nearby. We sat around in a circle as we ate. Being Inuyasha, me, Sam, Miroku, Shippo, then Sango. Kirara sat on Sango's lap.

"Hey, this reminds me of a few camping trips and sleepovers I had. Let's tell some ghost stories!" Sam suggested.

"Yeah, that'd be cool!" I said.

"Guh...g-g-g-g-ghost...stories?" Shippo stuttered.

"Yeah. It's okay Shippo. If you get scared, then cover your ears or something." Sango said.

"Okay, I'll go first." Sam said.

"There once was an old campsite...much like how this one is set up...and a group of little boys sat around telling ghost stories, just like we are. It came around to Kono. Kono was new, and he was strange. He was with no friends, but he was always given a chance to partake. Kono started to tell his story. He started off, saying a group of boys ventured into that part of the forest. Soon after he finished his sentence, three boys came over from the bushes and sat down. They were in the uniforms the other boys were wearing, so it meant nothing. Kono continued on, saying that one of the boys had a deep and dark secret. He had sharp and scary teeth, all pointy and they rip you to shreds with a simple bite. At that moment, Kono had sharp and pointy teeth. He said how the boy was hideous otherwise, but at night, he would grow fur and a humpback. Kono grew fur and a humpback. He said that the boy was always hungry at night, and would eat the others, one by one. Kono grabbed one boy that came from the bushes and ate his arm. The boy simply stood there. Kono's bloody teeth were scaring the others....the story he was telling had come true...they ran off, Kono chasing them where ever they went. They took a poison, and it paralyzed Kono, making him soon fall asleep. They tied him up, then packed their things and attempted to leave the forest forever. Kono had awoke, and broken free of the ties. He at all of those boys that night. And died soon after, from the poison that they inflicted into him. Tonight...his ghost wonders forest after forest. Eating the smallest thing he can find." Sam said, putting scary and tempting quivers in her voice. I looked over at Shippo. He was looking around him scared for his life.

"Of course though, Kono lived a long time ago, and his ghost finally disappeared into ash, though there was no body to be burnt or rotted." I added. "So there's nothing to worry about Shippo."

"Yeah...okay. Since I went, I have to choose someone to go next. I choooose....Inuyasha." Sam said.

"I ain't telling no stupid story." Inuyasha scowled.

"Come on Inuyasha, it's only for fun. Tell us one." I said.

"Fine, there was a demon, he killed people and his ghost haunts the world. The end." Inuyasha said. He turned away. I glared and then smacked him in the back of the head.

"HEY!! What was that for?!" Inuyasha asked.

"For being so stupid. We're only telling stories for fun and you refuse to even tell one, and when you do, no one would call it a story at all!" I said.

"That's your problem." Inuyasha said. I narrowed my eyes and then put my hand above him. I blasted at him, and he went a bit down into the ground.

"Join us, or I'll blast you through the other side of the planet!" I threatened. He scowled as he sat next to me, since his old seat had been replaced with a crater.

"Fine, but I'm not telling no stinking story." Inuyasha said. I shrugged.

"Then I'll go." I replied...then began.

"There was a family of four one day, and went to an abandoned house's garage sale, because the house was to be torn down from so many reports of specter sightings, so the government was holding a garage sale to get rid of everything, and bought a painting. The painting was of a boy, blonde, white, and young looking. Next to him was a little girl that looked like a doll, literally, because of the lines on her face, but she seemed real. They were standing on floorboards, by a window.. and the window, had bloody hands screeching down it. The family thought it'd be good as a fancy decoration.. because the mother adored the little girl. They brought it home, and later that night, the father heard talking from the daughter's room. He went inside, to find the girl all alone sitting up in bed. He asked her why she was talking, and she said she was talking to the little boy in the painting. The father went to bed, thinking that it was just his young daughter's imagination. The next night...his son screamed in the middle of the night, so he and his wife went off. The mother went for the daughter, just in case she got freaked out, and the father went to the son. Inside, he went over to his son. He asked what was wrong, and the boy replied that the little girl in the painting walked out while he was getting a drink. He ran to his room, and went into his bed, only to have the girl walk through the door to him, and the bloody hands went on his window. The father, now perplexed, went to the painting, where nothing out of the ordinary was, and then he went to his son's bedroom window, where there was no sign of anyone being there, except for one bloody hand print, streaking down the middle of the window. The parents are both terrified out of their wits now, so they decide to see if all of this walking out of the painting story is real, so they set up video cameras watching the painting, and watching the inside of the daughter, and son's room. The son and daughter slept with the parents that night, and the next morning, the checked over the tapes. Sure enough, the little boy and little girl had walked out of the painting, and the hands in the window faded away. The boy went to the girl's room, the girl, to the little boy's room, and the hands were on both windows. The family gave the painting back to the government to be demolished, and they moved out of state." I said.

Shippo and Kirara were hiding behind Sango, in return had the jitters to turn and look behind her, just in case. Miroku and Sam did too, but Inuyasha forced himself not to as he closed his eyes and sweat dropped with his arms folded in his sleeves. I shivered a bit as I thought about what I just said.

"Heh heh. I pick....Miroku...this awtta be good." I said. Miroku smiled and cleared his throat. He closed his eyes and started to speak.

"There was a man, handsome and true to all the women of all the villages in his country. He slain all demons with his staff. Then one day...the women stopped coming to aid him after his battles. They stopped looking at him with admiration and love. They completely...ignored him all together...and the rest of his life was lonely...unless one of the three lovely maidens around him would perhaps...bear his children?" Miroku said. We all looked at him irritated. I looked at Sam. She looked at me. We nodded. She threw off flames, and I did a bit of a blast, to enlarge the flames as the hit his back side. We laughed.

"That'll teach you. No way are we bearing your children. Lecher." Sam said. I nodded with Sango in agreement.

"Fine then....Sango." Miroku said.

"What about me?!" Shippo said.

"You wouldn't have a scary story worth telling." Inuyasha growled.

"I would too!" Shippo snapped.

"No you wouldn't, now shut up you little runt." Inuyasha growled, then bonked him on the head, leaving a bump. I looked at Inuyasha irritated. I put up a fist, then gave him one.

"That's for being mean!" I said, then gave him another bump. "That's for being an immature jerk." another bump. "And that's for...eh...good measure!"

Sango began as Inuyasha rubbed his now...three bumps.

"A young girl who'd been picked on for quite some time because of her height, went off, and walked down a dusty old road. She'd hung herself...and anyone who was to go down that same road would be brought to the fate of being haunted. One woman was killed...they have yet to find out the reason...a boy and his mother were driving down the road, when all of a sudden, they couldn't move. The mother exited to find out of there was mud, but she never returned. Her body was flumped against the back window, the boy was terrified, so he locked himself in, but by morning, he was discovered dead as well, and somehow made it to the outside of the car...without using doors our windows." Sango said. We all looked around. I literally was freaked out by the way Sango said that, so I clung to Inuyasha's arm. He shook me off, so I grabbed onto Sam's, and we huddled, scared.

"You two scare easy." Inuyasha said, even though the hair on the back of his neck was risen.

"So what? Your hair is raised slightly..." I said, pointing. I rubbed part of it down.

"No it's not." He retorted. I rolled my eyes, and soon after other stories, we were to rest for the night. Surprisingly.. I didn't have a nightmare.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks!! BTW, the first story I completely made up, the second story was on a website of true stories (somehow I don't believe it) and the third one was local to where one of my friend's mom lives though she was hung for a different reason, but it did have to deal with appearance. R&R and read chapter 14!