InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making History ❯ The Dog That Cried Wolf ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Making History
By Akira & Yuki

Disclaimer: We do not own Inuyasha, but Rumiko Takahashi does.

Chapter Fourteen – The Dog That Cried Wolf

We awoke the next morning, and quickly set up our things, and were off. I looked around and then decided to make my shoes look very interesting. Inuyasha...was...odd last night. I know that sounded weird, but he was odd last night. He would sweat drop after every ghost story, and then he pretended like he was fine. Earlier that day, he was all caring and everything, then last night he was stubborn, especially when I went clinging to him after Sango's story. He just shook me off of him like a rag doll. I was too scared to make it hurt, but now that I'm thinking back...it does.

Then...to my dismay....yay for the jewel shards I sensed, coming quickly too. I looked behind us, to see a tornado. A tornado with jewel shards? Odd. The tornado went passed us, then stopped, and a man was there.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"Kouga. The leader of the wolf demon tribe. He wanted to make Kagome his woman." Miroku replied. Kouga walked up to us and then looked closely at us. He pushed passed everyone, then he finally turned to Inuyasha.

"Hey mutt face where's Kagome?!" Kouga asked.

"She said she's going to stay home and not join me anymore." Inuyasha said.

"Hmm...guess she came to her senses...but where is her home?" Kouga asked.

"Five hundred years, into the future." I said. Kouga turned to me.

"Who are- you?" Kouga said. He looked back and forth between me and Sam. He came up to us. "You both shall be my women."

"WHAT?!" Inuyasha spazzed.

"WHAT?!" Miroku spazzed.

"WHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTT?!?!" Sam and I spazzed.

"Who do you think you are jerk?" I asked, and I nudged Sam. She threw flames at his feet, and he danced around to put it out.

"Now go!" I said, and did a blast at him, but he dodged it. "Bakado."

"Women with attitude...I can deal with that." Kouga said.

"No you won't because they won't be your women!" Inuyasha snapped. He and Miroku stepped forward.

"Stay out of this mutt-face!" Kouga snapped. "You too monk!"

"We do not want to resort to violence, now back away slowly." Miroku said, clenching his staff tighter.

"More like move away and go away! No mangy wolf is going to make Andrea his woman!" Inuyasha said, taking out Tetsusaiga.

"You'll die. My jewel shards will kick...your...a-" Kouga said.

"Nuh uh. You guys think you're pretty big and strong don't you? Inuyasha waves around his big sword and he's some macho, Miroku has his windtunnel to show off power to the women that fall for his tricks of bearing his children, and Kouga, you just use your jewel shards as any excuse to why you'll beat them. You won't beat anyone if you keep on bragging you guys!" Sam said. Then the three guys got into a fight.

"Ug. Men never listen." Sango muttered.

"Mmhmm." Sam agreed.

"I don't know what you guys are talking about, because I don't see a sign of a man anywhere." I said. "Should I separate them?"

"Nah. Let them beat the crap out of each other. It'll give us more of a reason to tell them why you shouldn't brag." Sam replied. I shrugged, and we walked off, leaving the guys. We went off to a hot spring, then looking away from each other, and making sure the guys were out of eye range, we went into the spring.

"Aaahh.. This is just what I need..." I said. Then I remembered home...and then school...my eyes shot open. I swam over to my things and took out a mini calendar of the year I flipped through. "Shoot."

"What is it?" Sam asked. I showed her the calendar. "WHAT?!"

"Yep....it's almost time to go to school..." I said. Sango raised her eye brow at us.

"You go to school too?" She asked us. "Kagome did and kept going back for tests and all that."

"Yeah.. it'll make it harder for us. We can't really afford to fail even if we have...about four five more years left." Sam said. I sighed.

"What we can do, is go in for the first week, get all of our things, and then have all these diseases or something... then my mom can have these little boxes outside or something, like safes, and nail them to the house, so that we can come back when we can, and then get all of the paperwork and stuff we need to make up, then just go back for tests." I said.

"Yeah. We'll do that...but what about our friends?" Sam asked. "What about Kristine, and Lamar? They're pretty much our only friends we can bring because all the others will think we're crazy."

"Good point. We might be able to bring Lamar. Oh my gosh I just pictured Sango and Lamar as a couple!" I said. Ha-ha. "As for Kristine, it takes a while to get to her house...we might not be able to bring her, Lamar can give her messages and stuff for us, because he should be on our team, he can let us know what the day was about when he comes here after school or something...the little geek wouldn't miss school if he wanted to."

"Mmhmm...we'll just have to force him. I have a feeling he'll like Sango, ha-ha!" Sam said. Sango splashed her. "Hey!" Sango just growled at her.

As the two glared at each other, I heard something, and dunked their heads down and did as well. I looked around from my nose up, Sango and Sam getting the hint and looking around. There was a rustle in the bushes and I yelped, as I got closer to the others a little.

"Who's there?!" I shouted. No response. "Miroku if it's you I'm going to blast you into a crater bigger than Inuyasha's!!" No response.

"This is your last warning! Beat it or get roasted!" Sam shouted, pointing at the bush. A small flame was ignited at her fingertip. Another rustle. No answer. I grabbed a towel, and then covered myself with it. I held onto it tightly as I walked along the large rocks that surrounded most of the spring. I glared at the bushes. There was a lot. I looked over at Sam. She nodded, and shot off flames. I high pitched scream of horror was heard, and I blasted at it, it became louder, until finally a little imp demon jumped out squealing in pain, holding his smoking backside. I levitated water, and dumped it on him, and the pushes. I looked at him. He didn't seem like much of a...threat. This staff had odd designs, and was he in....a monk's outfit? Hat and all. I squatted down near his height, and then picked him up by the hat. It was lifted off his head, and he struggled free as I held it up, practically choking him.

"Are all monks perverted? Miroku's a monk and a lecher, and now we have a little imp that was watching us. Little thing's pretty easy to kill. I can suffocate him the way he is right now." I said, then dropped him onto the rock. He sat up and coughed. He looked up at me and glared. He stood and pointed his staff at me.

"What do you think you were doing girl?!?! You could've killed me!! And I'm a TOAD DEMON THANK YOU!!" He shouted. I pushed the staff away with a finger.

"Uh...that's kinda what's supposed to happen to demons, they die. But...why were you eyeing us while we were bathing?" I asked, straight out simple.

"Because! I seen women and I thought that Rin would've been with you! She's gone missing!" He said.

"Uh...who's Rin?" I asked.

"Sesshomaru's human follower, a little girl. This is just Sesshomaru's other follower, a demon named Jaken." Sango said. She and Sam were behind me, in their towels.

"And Sesshomaru is??" I asked.

"Sesshomaru? He's Inuyasha's brother." Sango replied.

"HALF BROTHER!" Jaken snapped. I picked him up by the hat again.

"Yell like that again and I'll hold you up until you're dead." I said. I dropped him down. "I wonder why Inuyasha hasn't mentioned Sesshomaru to me before."

"They are bitter enemies." Shippo said. He'd come running along behind us. I looked back. I nodded. All of a sudden, Inuyasha, Miroku and Kouga ran towards us, racing. Inuyasha grabbed me, Miroku grabbed Sam, and then Kouga patted Sango on the head, and glared at the others.

"Let us go we're not dressed!" I said, pressing my towel tighter to my chest so Inuyasha wouldn't have an opportunity to look down. He did, however, and looked at me. He looked at what was on me, and then pushed me to the ground blushing. He turned away.

"Miroku...can you...er...let me go now?" Sam asked. Miroku looked down at her smiling, and then groped her. She burned part of his sleeve, and then ran off with Sango and me to behind large bushes so we could change.

We soon exited the bushes, finishing up on last adjustments that wouldn't mean anything if we were caught doing it. We stood dumbfounded when we looked up. Inuyasha, Miroku, and Kouga were sitting around growling and grunting at each other, Shippo tending to their cuts and wounds. Jaken must have taken the chance to get as far away as possible, because he was no where in sight. I sat down next to Inuyasha, Sam in between Inuyasha and Miroku, and Sango on the other side of Miroku. Inuyasha looked at me glaring at him.

"What are you looking at?" He asked.

"A jerk. You didn't need to start that fight with Kouga, and you definitely didn't need to push me to the ground." I replied. He looked startled, then looked away.

"You shouldn't have been naked." Inuyasha muttered.

"Well SOR-RY that I have good hygiene! I don't want to smell you know!" I shouted at him.

"Who cares? You take too many. One is good for a while." Inuyasha said.

"Yeah. A day. You're lucky I'm not taking more than I am! Rude bastard. Always looking for a fight!" I said, and turned away from him abruptly. He looked at me shocked.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WERE JUST DOING?! THAT WASN'T PICKING A FIGHT?! LIKE A WOMAN, YOU'RE HOPELESS!" Inuyasha shouted. I thought I was in flames. I glared at him, standing to prove his point of yelling. I stood up and got in his face.

"WELL YOU'RE NOT ANY BETTER YOU KNOW!" I said. I made a fist, but loosened it, and then slapped him hard in the face. "DON'T THINK THAT I'M SCARED OF YOUR ATTITUDE MISTER! I HAVE A WORSE ONE!" I stormed off, heading no where in particular.

"ANDREA!! WAIT!" Inuyasha said, calling after me.

"So that's her name...hmm.. ANDREA!! COME WITH ME AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH HIM!" Kouga called.

"HEY!" Inuyasha said, obviously insulted.

"DREAM ON MOON HOWLER!" I shouted back at him, my voice carrying around because I already went far off. I shot off a blast in Kouga's direction, and I guess it wasn't expected, because everyone screamed, sort of, and he went flying into the air, and to a forest a ways away.

"I gotta go after her....again. She has a temper way worse than Kagome." Inuyasha said, regularly. I started to get up, but Sam held him down, and somehow, Sango held him down on the other side, seeing as she was a few people over a second ago.

"Don't Inuyasha." Sam said.

"Agreed." Sango said.

"What do you guys know?" Inuyasha scowled, trying to fight their grip.

"We're women too, and we know that she just needs a bit of time to cool off. Especially with her temper." Sam said. Inuyasha's lower left eye lid twitched a bit, then he gave in.

"If she gets hurt, I'm blaming it on the two of you." Inuyasha said simply, his eyes closed, legs Indian style, and his arms folded into his sleeves. The two sat down where they were before.

I continued trudging through the forest. If Inuyasha followed me, he was going to get it. I was NOT in the mood for his retorts and scowls. I needed to be alone, and I needed to blow off steam. I kept walking, then came across a place, covered in trees. I looked along. There wasn't at all a place small enough to squeeze through, as that there wasn't one spot that a beam of light went through.

"I guess I have to make a doorway." I muttered to myself, as I held up a hand. The blast went through, and the large and loud sound of leaves rustling surrounded the air above me, then the loud booms were there, shaking me slightly, to reveal an open area. I walked in, instantly feeling lightheaded, and blacking out, the last thing I saw was an ugly old woman smiling over me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Eek! Grandma!! XP nah… but who's the lady? FIND OUT!!!! R&R then read chapter 15!