InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making History ❯ Future Problems and What Feelings Do To You ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Making History
By Akira & Yuki

Disclaimer: We have no ownership of Inuyasha characters, merchandise or other criteria.

A/N: Welcome one and all to chapter SIXTEEN!! Another long one: 8 pages on Microsoft word. Um... if you're depressed and under 18 just think… school is almost over!!

Chapter Sixteen - Future Problems and What Feelings Do To You

We ended up in my back yard. Sam waved goodbye to me and me to her as she made her way out to the front yard, then the sidewalk.

"I should get home and into the shower and all that. After what we've been through, we need it. You should go and have a nice long warm bath. Inuyasha can always be so stubborn." Sam said, and then she walked off. I waved to her with a nod. It sounded really good too.

I walked inside to meet my mom smothering me to death with a hug. My grandmother and brother right behind her. My grandfather just stood there starring, but I gave him a handshake for the sake of family. My mom quickly ran over to the phone, and called family over for a party. She let Dad know I was home, and he was pretty overjoyed. Was I really gone that long?

"Mom, you really don't need to throw me a party." I said.

"Bull. You have to tell us how it was! You look so beaten up you must've had a lot of battles lately...but don't tell me any until everyone's here to listen." She said. I sighed and shrugged. My mom was going to win this battle, me using my powers or not. I couldn't stop it now if I wanted to, because she probably already told the family. From the ones here locally, to the ones way out in Hawaii, everyone in my family that I knew or didn't know was probably informed of my travels back in time. Though this time, I didn't bring Inuyasha, which was a plus.

"Where's Inuyasha?" My brother asked. Was it me, or were little boys always fond of Inuyasha? I don't know.

"He's in Feudal Japan yet Buddy. We had a little....argument." I said. He shrugged and walked off...he didn't understand. My mom I could tell was giving a fake smile. I sighed. "I'm going to take a shower, then hop into the hot tub..."

I took a quick shower like I said, then wrapped up in a towel and my bath robe, and rushed upstairs and put on my suit. I went downstairs, yawning, and then slipped on my sandals. I looked at my feet....hated them. They were so...huge...that's not a need to know thing at the moment though...so I have no idea why I thought it.

Inside the room in the garage, I turned the television on. My mom was in there, emptying out the room of things we just stuff in there. She handed me a remote...the remote to my receiver.

"Remember how to do all the stuff to record my shows?" I asked. She smiled.

"Yeah, after your uncle and your father showed me a few times I got the hang of it." She said. "Don't spend too much time in here...you don't want to be red from the water when everyone comes."

"I won't. I'll watch a show and get out. A half hour will be too much anyways." I said, and she left. I sat down in the water. I was cooler than usual, but still warm enough to sting my legs like it used to. I smiled as I remembered getting in for the first time...it was raining out, so I had to walk outside in the grass in my cousin's backyard and at nine thirty at night, when its pouring out with thunder and lightening. My gosh it was funny to just get across to the garage there.

This was good. I had taken Inuyasha out of my mind for the most part, even though I just thought of him...how could I prevent it? I...liked him. He was the jerk that denied even touching me at the least. Even a hand on the shoulder was something he denied. He was such a jerk. Was. Ha-ha, it was funny. Not like he died or anything, but he's literally in the past.

I have to get my mind off of the jerk though. He's all hunky dory when we're alone, he can do whatever he pleases.. then someone comes within his eye range and he has to deny anything and everything unless it makes him look strong and unemotional.

I sighed. It was no use. My mind was off him for a little bit, and then BAM! He's back. It's annoying me to death. Though one thing's for sure, I'm only going back if Sam wants to go back, otherwise, I'll stay here until I'm cooled down. Hm...Speaking of cool...I'm chilly.

I looked over at the clock. I've been in for a half hour already?! What the heck I didn't even watch some TV! Oh well. I slipped out and wrapped myself into my bathrobe. I slipped on my sandals again and then dried off my legs. I turned off the television, and walked out, and my mom went in to close the cover, since I knew I certainly couldn't without breaking something...

I changed into a pair of sweatpants, and a baggy t-shirt. Finally...something comfortable. I let my feet get covered by the slipper socks I have, and then I just relaxed on my bed to sleep a little bit.

-----

"Hey...Andrea...Aaaaandreaaaaaaa?" A voice called I opened my eyes and looked at the door. No one came in, they just, leaned in to check on me unless they were invited...odd. There was my mom. I sat up and looked at her. "Everyone's waiting for you downstairs. It's six."

"I slept all day? It was dawn when I came home...well in Japan it was...so I came home at?" I asked. I wasn't good with time zones. All I knew was that I was in the eastern time zone, and thirteen hours later, is what time it was in Japan.

"At one in the afternoon." Mom said. I sighed and brushed my hair. It looked all poofy, but it was good when I got done. Mom went downstairs, and I decided to just pull my hair back in a ponytail, then head down the stairs. I was wide awake by then, so the bright kitchen light didn't bother me. Everyone smiled and said hello, gave hugs, and gave some claps with pats on the back. I sat down where my mom usually does for dinner, and then looked at everyone.

"Wuh?" I asked. I guess I was still a little out of it.

"Show the link thing." Mom said. I sighed. I took it off and had everyone pass it around.

"This came from Japan?" My cousin, Joseph asked. I nodded.

"Let me see it." My other cousin, Will said. This kinda stinks. All of my cousins here are either married, engaged, have kids, or have a kid on the way. They were all either in their late high school years or out of high school when I was born. Joseph was to be an RFA graduate days later when I was born. So he's seventeen years older than me.

I smiled at everyone. I noticed that some even got me a present, but a whole lot of people go me some money. I could go to present Japan and exchange it for yen, since feudal villagers would think I was jipping them on their money.

"So...where's that Inuyasha guy your mom bragged about?" One of my uncles asked.

"He's still back there." I said. I didn't really want to give an explanation when all these people were there. I'm shy around people I don't talk too much.

There was barely any room to walk, and at almost every second, someone was in the bathroom. Yep, just like a birthday party. I looked around. Almost everyone in the family was here...sort of. A lot of mom's family wasn't able to make it, but the next thing you know, she was shrieking with joy as her older brother came in, along with my cousin and her boyfriend with their son, and...my Grandparents?! I smiled and walked over. My grandfather, my mom's biological father, came up over the holidays and sometimes he came around Easter when I was really little. My grandmother, his wife and my mom's step-mom, rarely ever came up, because of either not able to, because she was asked to spend it with her daughter, or not able to because of cancer. Woman is a cancer survivor, and is always happy to hear that she's in remission, even though it might not last long. She has no chest, because of breast cancer, her spine is a little weak because of spinal cancer....she had a tumor in her brain I believe too...I'm not sure...but I hugged her anyways and she smiled wider than usual...because right now, she was finally getting thick hair from all that chemo in two thousand two, and she was also in remission. There was no need to inform all of that, but I felt like it.

After a while, and my mom practically bragging over me, annoyingly. I could tell it was starting to annoy those that already knew about the stuff I do. I put a hand on my mom's shoulder.

"What?" She asked. "I'm telling your cousins about your journeys."

"That's the point mom. It's annoying." I said.

"Well...if it's annoying, show us what you got?" My other cousin said. My mom was talking to him and his wife.

"Fine...um... Everyone watch out for the table, it might knock you in the head." I said. Everyone watched.

"Wait. You might be touching it. Go by the television." My distant cousin said. (Big family, ne?) I sighed. He was always annoying...wasn't he? I walked over to the TV, and then everyone looked at the table. I lifted it up, had it almost go up to the ceiling all the way. If there wasn't a cake on it...oh shoot. The table was tilted just slightly. The cake my aunt brought, a chocolate glazed bunt, fell off. I caught it with my powers. I moved the cake over to the closest person there, my cousin Will's fiancé Courtney, and she grabbed it with her free hand. I put the table down, and she put the cake on the table. She took her seat once again. Poor girl. She was huge just for carrying one baby when she was pregnant, now she has to carry around the kid. Ha-ha. I retook my seat, and everyone talked, asked me questions that I answered, and then slowly emptied out, giving me extra money for the heck of it. I practically fell asleep at the table, if my dad didn't slam his hand down on it, waking me up to reality. I sighed, glared at him laughing, then just rested my head on my arms on the table. My grandparents stayed, they were staying until after the holidays.

~Meanwhile, At Sam's~


"Oh great! My cousin has powers." A cousin of her's said. I don't really know what her cousin's names are, except she has one named Tony.

"Yeahp." Sam said. So proudly!

"Fine then. Light the candles if you think you're so cool." Her older brother, Tim said. She pointed at the candles, and a flame came from her finger tip. She went around with her finger tip, lighting the candles on a cake. Moms were all alike. They threw parties when they were proud of their kids.

By this time, it was really late. I was asleep, and Sam's family was ever so slowly emptying out.

Money was given, a kimono was given, and then...what else, but more money! Family rocked.

~~*Meanwhile, in the Feudal Era*~~


"My goodness Inuyasha, just go get her and apologize." Miroku said.

"NO! There's nothing to apologize for. "Inuyasha retorted. He slumped onto the ground and crossed his arms.

"Fine then, go back and get her!! If you go back and get her, more jewel shards will be found." Sango said. Inuyasha nodded at Sango.

"And I'm only going back to get her so we get more shards. NOT for an apology." Inuyasha said. Then he jumped down the well to the shrine I used to go to.

"Inuyasha? What are you doing here?" Nina asked.

"How do I get to America? Andrea left me in my Era." Inuyasha asked. She brought him into the kitchen and put out a map of the world. She pointed.

"This is Japan Inuyasha. This here, this is where she lives. Right up in here. I'll take you there by plane if you promise to behave." Nina said.

"Forget the damn plane. I'll run there. You can come too. I don't know how to work this paper." Inuyasha said. Nina sighed. She went out of the room, and came back in with a coat on.

"They know I'm going with you. Let's go." Nina said. Inuyasha let Nina on his back, and then he ran off. Soon after, Nina was shouting orders. "Cross the water." He did. He crossed Asia, and made it to the tip of Europe. It had only been about seven hours. It was getting dark as they crossed the Atlantic. Then soon, Nina laughed. It has been...about twelve hours, and the, 'Statue of Liberty' I talked about to her was seen.

"Keep going, but head that way, until you recognize the area." Nina said, pointing northeast. Inuyasha did. Nina set her watch to Eastern. It was...about ten thirty at night now. Inuyasha smiled. He jumped into the air, and landed in my backyard he let Nina down, and she put her things flung over her arm. My dad went through to the yard, and jumped, almost scared out of his wits at Inuyasha.

"Inuwasha?" He asked.

"Yasha. Inuyasha." Inuyasha said. My dad smiled and motioned them over.

"I'm Andrea's dad. You are?" My dad asked, to Nina.

"I'm Nina. I'm who your daughter stayed with in the present era Japan." Nina said. "I'm pretty fluent in English."

"Oh great!" My dad said, smiling. "We'll surprise her, come on." They walked up the stairs. My dad poked his head in.

"Andrea, wake up, you have more people over." He said. I picked up my head. Inuyasha came in, Nina behind him. I smiled at Nina, pretending that Inuyasha wasn't even there. I quickly got up, and then smiling, went straight to Nina, giving her a hug.

"Nina!! Oh I've missed you!! Konbonwa!" I asked her. (Good evening)

"Konbonwa! I missed you since you left! How've you been?" Nina asked.

"Wonderful. Oddly, my family threw me a party when I arrived from the feudal era today, I was so worn out though...I was sleeping when you came. Why did you come from the back door?" I said.

"This was the spot Inuyasha recognized. He wanted to come to America to see you, and he didn't want to take the plane, so I grabbed a map, hopped on his back, and he came the whole way here." Nina replied. I nodded, and looked at her coat in her arms. Then I looked to her.

"Oh my gosh! You'll need to spend the night!" I said. "Have a seat, I'll set up a bed for you." With that, I ran off, grabbing sheets and blankets and pillows.

---

While I was, my grandfathers and grandmothers stepped into the kitchen. Nina nodded in acknowledgment towards them, but Inuyasha just stood here with folded arms, looking down in an upset look.

"I am Andrea's grandfather, and this is my wife." My grandfather from Florida said.

"I am Nina. Your granddaughter stayed with my on her trip to Japan. And this is Inuyasha, her Feudal Era battle companion." Nina said. They shook hands.

"So you're Inuyasha...at the party tonight you were mentioned a bit, and some who haven't seen you even asked where you were. Andrea said you were left in the Feudal Era. She didn't say why." My Grandma said. She's awesome, she even has the classic quaky old woman voice!! Ha!

"Yeah...." Inuyasha muttered. I don't think he wanted to say why he was left in his era either. Then like lightening, my parents were inside. My aunt and uncle left a bit ago, so they weren't there.

"I am Lynda, and this is Michell, we're her parents." My mom said. (Names protected for the whole chapter) Sad, you send your daughter to live alone in a foreign country with people you don't know about until they show up in your backyard with a half demon.

"I'm Nina." Nina said. She shook their hands, and gratefully took a seat that was offered."Oh, Inuyasha, if you want, you can sit down too. Otherwise Andrea's upstairs looking for sheets." My mom said. Inuyasha sighed and walked off.

'It'd be better to spend time with someone who hates me, then with her overly protective, and overly nice and cheery family. Hard to believe they were related because she's never nice like them. She gets into bad moods so easily at times, and she's caring and nice, not nice and pawning like her family. Just might as well get blasted through a wall right now.' Inuyasha thought. He walked up the staircase. It felt weird. He walked up to the top, his arms now unfolded. He looked in one room no one, the next.

'Nope that's a 'bathroom' that she was talking about, there!' Inuyasha thought, as he caught me searching in my brother's room, since the bookshelf, yes bookshelf in his room held bed sheets.

"Hey." Inuyasha said, kindly. Inuyasha looked at me and leaned against the doorframe. I looked at him quickly, then when searching again.

"Hi." I said snippy. I don't think I'm going to forgive him. I finally found what I needed, and pushed past him and went down the stairs. He couldn't jump down in front of me, because the ceiling was too low, so he just walked down after me. I put the folded sheets on the couch, then walked in to see Nina talking with everyone. I took a seat next to her.

"Good, we were just talking. Hey, where's your link necklace?" Nina asked. I gasped and felt around my neck. I took it off to pass it around! What if someone took it?!

I instantly got up and searched the floors and then the counters. I checked the porches, and both yards, then had my dad helped with searching the garage and driveway. Nothing. I sighed and my head sunk onto the table.

"Great. Now I need another one." I said. I buried my face into my arms. I closed my eyes. I felt Inuyasha's eyes on me.

Inuyasha's Point of View...

I stood there where she put the sheets and watched her sit down. Then it hit me. The necklace wasn't there. Nina noticed it, and Andrea searched all over the place, even outside. Then she came in.

"Great. Now I need another one." She said. She lost it...her link to me...she lost it.

I think she knew that I was looking at her sadly. I could feel it, so I turned around and sat on the corner couch. I looked at the floor. Maybe when she goes to sleep, I'll find it for her.

Regular Point of View...

I looked over at the clock. Shoot. It was eleven thirty.

"I'll set you up a bed on the couch now, alright Nina? ’Cause I'm tired and I need to go to bed." I said. She nodded and sipped some herbal tea my grandmothers fixed up.

I walked over to the sheets, not even glancing at Inuyasha as he watched me. I put a nice soft sheet on the couch, then I just made it like a bed from there, and threw on a pillow. My dad sat at the computer, and I gave him a pretend spit shine on his bald spot before I headed up to bed. Inuyasha was about to follow, when my dad stopped him.

"Nuh uh. Outside in the garage." My dad said. He led Inuyasha to the hot tub room of the garage, and handed over sheets and a pillow. Inuyasha set it up on the cover, and then just sat there as my dad left, and locked both doors so Inuyasha couldn't get into the house.

---

Several minutes later, Inuyasha walked out and sniffed around. It was going to be hard, because my scent was everywhere from when I went looking around for the necklace myself. He sniffed around for the scent of the metal...and caught it. He sniffed around, going all over the place, to find it in the grass by the pool. Why there, I have no idea.

Inuyasha grabbed it smiling, and then looked around for how to get in. One open window. Mine. Perfect. He jumped up, and pulled out the screen, and squeezed through the open window to get to me. There I was, sleeping, facing him. He smiled as he sniffed around. My dad was close by. He quickly took the necklace and put it around my neck. He remembered me showing him how to fasten and unfasten it, so he fastened it, and jumped out the window. Then he quickly went into the garage to spend the night.


~~*The next day*~~


I woke up and sat up. I looked around my room as I yawned. I stopped yawning when I looked at my window. The screen was gone. Great. I probably have a few billion new mosquito bites now. I sighed and poked my head out to look down. Sure enough, there was the screen. Then I heard something clanging against the lower window metal. I looked. My necklace!! I smiled and put my head back in. I admired it as I looked at it on me. It was back! Yay!

All of a sudden, Inuyasha jumped up and his head poked through the window. I almost screamed as I jumped back. I hit my back on the metal bed frame, and winced.

"Ow ow ow ow! Inuyasha don't scare me like that!" I said. He looked a little sorry, but he didn't say anything. I wasn't about to ask him if there was a mark, because for all I know, he might look at my behind instead of my back. Oh well. I soon got over it and looked at him. He was holding on, and being careful so that his feet didn't show in the kitchen window below.

"Hi." He said, smiling.

"Hi...did you that to my screen? And eh...bring back my necklace?" I asked. I looked away.

"Maybe..." He said quickly. I smiled. That was sweet. He looked as if he didn't care though. I knew one thing though, it was impossible for me not to forgive him. Oh I'm such a sucker for cute dogs.

I turned and looked at the time. It was eight thirty. My dad was already off to work. Perfect. I looked at him, catching him move his head quickly again to the side. I new he was peeking at me. I smiled, and then just gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. He looked at me and blushed. I hugged him with one arm, since the other was holding the necklace, and then I looked at him blushing a bit more.

"Eh, Inuyasha, can you go now? Oh, and bring up my screen." I said. He grabbed it and helped me put it up, and then he bounced off and sat on the back porch like a cute little puppy. I knew if I said anything about it, he'd glare at me or something. He he.

I got up and went to my dresser, and took out a pair of jeans, a shirt, socks, then your normal unmentionables, then went downstairs. I quietly went pass where Nina was supposed to be sleeping, but I walked casually once I seen her sipping tea in the kitchen. I put my clothes on the washer, and went to the back door and let Inuyasha in. It was like having an actual dog! Haha. I tousled his hair and then went into the shower. I had a feeling he’d get suspicious so I locked the door. I also had a feeling he’d be…trying to listen to what I was doing, so I hummed a song I’ve heard just to make him reassure himself that I was okay. I swear that he’s way too protective. There are no demons in this era at the moment, so he has nothing to bother with. I turned on the hot water to the shower.

“Andrea?! You okay in there?!” He asked instantly. I laughed.

“Yeah. It’s just the shower Inuyasha. There’s no demon in here.” I said. He sighed and I heard him as his back slid down the door. He must’ve been sitting down leaning against it. I held in a laugh as I finished up in there. You don’t really want to know the details now, do you? No, you don’t.

I finished tugging down on my shirt, and dried off the floor with a towel before I unlocked and opened the door. Inuyasha fell in backwards, like he’d been leaning against it too hard. I laughed at him as I walked over to the sink and took off the turban in my hair. I shook my hair a bit as I dried it off, and then tossed the turban into the hamper.

Inuyasha stood up and walked over to me, and I scooted over to let him look in the mirror. He looked blinked, then growled at his reflection. He knew it was a mirror right? In the feudal era, they have those small circular mirrors don’t they? So he might not know that this is a mirror because it’s big and rectangular. Cute!

“Inuyasha, it’s just a mirror.” I said. He stopped growling, and then sat on the top of the washer and folded his arms and legs. He watched me as I combed my hair, put my hair up, then brushed my teeth.

“Why does it take you so long to get ready here? You don’t do all this stuff in the feudal era.” Inuyasha asked.

“Because, we always up and set off for shards, not take our time and actually care if we have hygiene or not. Sam’s probably doing double time right now. I used almost all of my shampoo and conditioner, my body wash has only a little bit left in it.” I replied. I cleaned my mouth out the rest of the way, then walked out, Inuyasha right behind me. I looked at him. He looked decent. I grabbed a couple pop tarts and then grabbed my bike out of the shed and put it by the side gate.

“Hey mom? Did you grab me pegs yet?” I asked as I walked in quickly.

“Garage.” Mom said. I nodded.

“We’re going off around town to introduce Inuyasha.” I said, and walked out, hearing my mom yell, “Be back by five thirty.”

I went and put the pegs on my bike, then walked my bike to the sidewalk. I locked up the gate, closed the front gate, and then hopped on I got it going and looked at Inuyasha as I turned into the road.

“Hop on those.” I said, pointing to the pegs. He stepped on them, and I biked down the road. “Don’t shift your weight either, otherwise we’re going down. I’m not used to having extra weight on my bike.”

“Feh. Whatever. Where are we going anyways?” Inuyasha asked. I smiled, and turned down the street and stopped at Lamar’s house. Inuyasha hopped off, and I put my bike on the yard.

“Stay here on the porch.” I said, and went up and knocked on the door. Lamar answered.

“Hey! I haven’t seen you in a while? What’s up? He asked. I started walking down the stairs and stood by Inuyasha.

“Him!” I said, and put a hand on his shoulder. The two looked at each other quizzically.

“Lamar, this is Inuyasha, from the Feudal Era, Inuyasha, this is my friend, Lamar.” I said, stressing the ‘friend’ so that Inuyasha would get rid of that glare on Lamar. They shook hands.

“So you’re the guy that-. “ Lamar started, remembering the conversation from when I arrived from Japan. How Inuyasha kissed me. I shook my arms around frantically along with the ‘NO!’ face, the shaking head motion, and anything else I could think of. Inuyasha looked at me like I was a maniac. “-That helps with killing demons?”

“Yeah.” Inuyasha said. I poked Lamar, and then looked around quickly to see if anyone was there. Then I lifted the hat Inuyasha was wearing. Lamar almost fell back, but he caught himself.

“Oh cool! Fangs and claws too?” Lamar said. Inuyasha boosted out his ego as he forced a fanged smile and flexed his claws. “Cool. Well I wish I could hang out more but I gotta clean the house, later.”

“Bye!” I said. I shook Lamar’s hand and flicked his ear for the heck of it. Then I laughed as I hopped on my bike and started off, Inuyasha on the back pegs once again. I rode off to Sam’s house, to see her laying almost dead over her porch railing, her brother Tim and his friends poking at her with a stick.

“SAM!” I shouted. I said that, and she woke up, only to move her head at the wrong time and get her eye poked. She yelled at her brother, and he went off with his friends. Sam rubbed her eye and looked over.

“HEY! Welcome to the home of the laziest day on the planet!” Sam said to me, she glared at Inuyasha. I laughed and Inuyasha got off. I got off right after, and put by bike in a hidden place and we sat on the porch.

“We’re cool Sam. Don’t worry.” I said, since Sam didn’t know I forgave Inuyasha.

“Oh…so what brings you here? My mom just got done telling me that there’s an orientation coming for school. I don’t wanna go but she says it’s tomorrow so we have to stay at least until tomorrow night.” Sam said.

“Great school. I hate it. We’ll be missing at least five days in the Feudal Era you know! That way we’re all up to date with supplies we’ll need and all that. Lamar, well, he can just update us when he get back or something. Our moms will be getting our work for us. But since you always have to walk so far just to get home, your mom can mail mine your work, because I know the schools will only give the absent work to the student’s family, preferably parents or guardians. That way you and me can just you know, go to my back yard and my mom can automatically give your work to you and mine to me.” I said. I had barely any idea what I was talking about, but it in a way made sense.

“What?” Inuyasha asked. He didn’t understand a bit of it.

“Oh shut up Inuyasha.” I said, slumping over the railing in defeat.

“Hey! I won’t shut up if you blasted me to the other side of the planet!” Inuyasha retorted. I sighed.

“I wouldn’t hurt the planet that way. You might poison it or something if you go all the way through.” I said. He growled at me but I just kicked him lightly in the shin. He didn’t say Ow or anything, he just raised an eye brow and sat down.

“Well, we’ll think of something. Though one thing we haven’t done in a while is try to find out about that Kakyu relative of mine. There’s been no sight of him.” Sam said.

“True…we need a lead on him.” I said. I smiled and playfully sat on Inuyasha’s lap and fiddled with his ears. He scowled.

“Yeah, but there haven’t been any lately. Maybe when we get back we can just hang around going village to village asking questions. We’re bound to find out something dealing with Kakyu or Naraku.” Sam said. I nodded as I tweaked with Inuyasha’s ears some more and then finally gave up as his growling got louder. I leaned against him, my head on his shoulder.

“G-roff me woman!” Inuyasha said, and pushed me to the floor. I took a deep breath and Sam sighed.

“One…” Sam started. I used my powers and threw Inuyasha into Sam’s yard. “Two…” She continued. I stood up and walked over to Inuyasha as he tried to get up. “Three.” She finished. Then a giant boom was heard as I blasted Inuyasha into the ground.

“YOU NEVER GET TIRED OF TICKING ME OFF DO YOU?! YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO PUSH ME AWAY, GET ME MAD, AND GUESS WHAT?! AS SOON AS I GET MAD AGAIN I’LL TAKE IT OUT ON YOU WETHER IT’S YOUR FAULT OR NOT!!” I shouted. I stomped over to Sam and sat next to her.

“I’ll bet you five dollars.” Sam said.

“I’ll bet you ten he’ll add to it.” I said. We looked at Inuyasha and he got up.

“WHAT THE HELL?!?! YOU WENCH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!” Inuyasha retorted.

“For being a jerk.” I said simply. I gave Sam five dollars for him getting up mad, and she gave me ten for retorting at me. Either way, I’m at least five bucks richer. Inuyasha just looked at us shocked. I smiled as I put the money in my pocket, then just decided to look around quickly for people that seen me use my powers.

“What do we say about the yard?” I asked. “There’s a bit of a messed up crater.”

“Don’t worry about it. Tim and his friends might put water in it and do jumps over it with their ramp thing.” Sam said. I laughed.

“Well…what do we do now? Inuyasha’s busy getting some grass and rocks out of his ears, and that might take a while for him.” Sam asked. I thought a moment.

“Well I have DVD’s at my place. We can watch them.” I said. Sam shrugged and let her mom know, then came out and readied a bike. I got mine and rode around in the street a bit, and finally, Inuyasha hopped on and we headed over to my place.

“…Weeeee!” Someone said on the screen.

We burst out laughing. No matter how many times you want to see it, it’s just too funny every single time!

“Ha ha ha. That is just too funny!” Sam said. I nodded in agreement.

“I am so glad I burned them.” I said. Inuyasha walked in from sitting outside. We ignored him and watched more as he came in and sat down. He watched it with us.

“What time is it?” Sam asked all of a sudden. We finished watching the last of the DVDs.

“Ehhh… it’s going on five.” I replied.

“Oh man I gotta go home! At least I got to stay to watch the whole thing!” She said. We all got up.

“I’ll bike you home. I’ll be with Inuyasha on my way back, so my mom won’t have to worry about the sexual offender nearby.” I said. We hopped onto our bikes.

“Hey guys, what’s a uh, ‘sexual offender’ that you were talking about?” Inuyasha asked. I sighed and almost lost my balance on my bike, but quickly regained it.

“Uhh.....You don’t wanna know.” Sam and I said in unison. He shrugged it off. Sam got home, and I turned around, waving goodbye. I had my head turned enough to see Inuyasha waving at her with a small smile. I turned my attention back in front of me and turned down the new road.

“So when are we going back?” Inuyasha asked. I sighed. I had a feeling that he was going to ask about going back to his era sooner or later.

“Two days. I have a school orientation tomorrow. This is going to be a tight schedule for a while you know Inuyasha. After the orientation, we have only a little more than one week’s worth of searching for the jewels, then Sam and I will be in our era for a week or so, getting things set for school and all. Then we have to make sure our parents understand what we’re going to do about homework. Our parents are going to send in things they need to sign for us. Though the whole problem is on my side.

“I signed up for orchestra violin. Around the holidays, I’ll have to go and attend some rehearsals sometime or another, and then there are the concerts….Oh no. I’ll have to bring my violin to the Feudal Era to practice! But what about the demons…I’ll have to make sure it doesn’t get broken. If it does my parents will never forgive me! That thing cost so much, and I like playing it. It just seems that I need to practice the songs they do for the concert, and I’ll have to make sure that the violin is in tact at all times after battles. Where will I put it during battles? Kirara might get knocked out a few times and I’m most likely going to have the violin with her. Unless Shippo hides in a barrier that Miroku can put up, then the barrier will protect Shippo, who’s guarding the violin. Though the barrier will have to be perfect. That means that it’ll have to do around the ground too, because otherwise the demons will be able to go underground to get passed the barrier. Oh it’s useless. I doubt that my violin will survive one lousy battle.” I said. I sighed and looked a little disappointed as I paid attention to what’s around me.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about for the whole violin and battles thing, but what exactly is a violin?” Inuyasha asked. I finally turned onto our street. Wow, I must be pedaling slow.

“Oh, you’ll find out when we get back home, then I can show you!” I said, leaning back against him. He was tense, yeah, but I wasn’t really leaning hard on him, so I was able to sustain balance, along with him still able to stand. I sighed and he hopped off quickly as I stopped in front of my house. I got off and went through to the side gate, putting my bike away. I locked the gate and then walked with Inuyasha inside.

“Stay here.” I said, after setting up the stand. I ran up to my room and grabbed, it, then ran down and set it up. I put the sheet music on the stand.

“What are all these markings, some other language?” Inuyasha asked, eyeing the dots.

“They’re musical notes. I play them. Like this.” I said. I played what was on the sheet, and it sounded like something classic, by Beethoven or something. Nevertheless, it was really neat sounding from my part, and as I glanced over at Inuyasha, he seemed to be liking it. I finished, and changed it with a familiar song from Anastasia by Fox pictures. I looked to Inuyasha, smiling.

“That’s…..neat.” He said. I smiled wider at that, and I continued practicing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay!!!! R&R and read chapter 17!