InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making History ❯ Orientation ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Making History
By Akira & Yuki

Disclaimer: We don't own Inuyasha…Rumiko Takahashi does.

A/N: wo0t orientation! This was originally meant for the last year of middle school, but it seems better with high school haha. 4 pages on Microsoft word.

Chapter Seventeen - Orientation

“Orientation! Orientation! Orientation! Yaaaaaay! I can see Kristine and April and all them again.” I said. I was so excited, even though this meant school was coming. I put on some music and then danced around my room as I looked for something to wear. Inuyasha was sitting on my bed, pretending poorly that he wasn’t irritated. I went through the dressers and came up with a layered shirt, and a pair of jeans. I smiled, put on a pair of my Mudd socks, and then pranced off to change, since I was in my bathrobe after a shower.

“Orientation! Orientation! Orientation! Woo!“ I chanted. I did my hair and all that other last minute stuff, then sat and waited, my old school sneakers on. I hummed my chant, and Inuyasha snapped.

“WHY ARE YOU SO EXCITED AND JUMPY?!?! DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO MAKE A NOISE LIKE THAT WHEN YOU’RE WAITING?!?!” He shouted. I sighed and leaned forward, holding my chin up in my hand as the elbow went into my leg. I closed my eyes.

“Don’t shout. I’m not hard of hearing you know.” I said. He huffed and plopped onto the chair next to me. I opened my eyes and glanced over, not moving my head. He looked like he was about to chop someone’s head off as he starred at my mom’s coffee cup. I thought it was going to melt from laser eyes if he starred at it any longer. I put a hand on his shoulder, and he tried to calm down. I sighed and smiled at him. Then I looked over at the microwave clock.

“YES! TIME TO GO MOM! IT’S SIX!” I shouted. My mom slowly walked in and then put her shoes on. I smiled wider and ran over. Inuyasha stood by me.

“Am I going?” He asked, nervously looking over at my grandmother fix her dentures. You could tell he was holding in a shudder. I know I was.

“Sure, why not. Can he mom? He hang out with us.” I said. My mom shrugged and we walked out. We made it to the school, and then stood aimlessly in the halls until I found a few friends and dragged Inuyasha over to them.

“Kristine!!” I shrieked. If I was any more excited, I’d hug her….maybe. She smiled.

“Hey! You got taller!” She said. “I’m shorter than you it’s no fair.”

“It is to me! Hey, erm….your hair is shorter!” I said.

“Yeah, Wal-Mart messed it up.” She said. We laughed and I pushed Inuyasha towards her.

“This is Inuyasha. I think I emailed you a few times saying stuff about him.” I said.

“I have no phone to check my email.” Kristine said. I secretly glared at her as I took a paper out of my pocket. I wasn’t going to tell about them about Inuyasha and the Feudal era with everyone around. They might ask why I’m here instead of at a mental institute.

I handed her the paper since all the info was on it already. She read it and nodded as I gave her the ‘shhhh’ sign. I poked Inuyasha and pointed to his nails. I kept them low, but flexed them. Kristine smiled. She believed me. I turned my head.

“Ally! April! Hi!” I said. I introduced and informed them of Inuyasha.

“Let’s go walk around this is going to be boring.” April said.

“Sure. Sam said that her cousin was coming tonight anyways so there’s no worry.” I said. We went side by side… by side by side and walked together. We went to the cafeteria and grabbed our information for school, then wondered aimlessly. We ventured upstairs.

“Hey check it out it’s the library!” April pointed out. We went in, and looked around.

“First stop, ANNE RICE!” I said. Kristine waved her library card in the air.

“I still need to take some out at Jervis. I brought my card with me too!” She said. I laughed and went off to the other door, forgetting that I should’ve grabbed a book.

Since I was hanging out with my friends, hanging around aimlessly at the school, Inuyasha just slowly dragged himself behind us. He waited in the hall when we went into rooms, except the library because it had two exits.

We made our way to a room. We found a box that read ‘radiation’ on it. I walked up to it and smiled, holding in a laugh.

“What?” Kristine asked.

“This box of radiation has light bulbs.” I said. We laughed. Not something you’d expect from a radiation box… considering our thoughts.

We went to the next room and looked around. Another ordinary room. Then I had an idea. “Let’s check out the lower floor with the gymnasium!”

We went on down there, and found it dark and creepy. We went down a long and dark hallway and it really creped me out. We made it to the end, and we found ourselves in the girl’s locker room. We ventured around in it some more, and found the showers. We looked around, found the gymnasium, and went in.

“It’d be so cool if we were aloud to have a game sometime or another. Like volleyball.” I said.

“Why play volleyball? Ally asked.

“Just because it’s the one sport that I’m actually pretty good at. All you do is hit the ball over the net. If you have a chance, spike the ball into someone’s stomach. It’s fun.” I replied. I couldn’t help myself but laugh a little bit.

“So you said you had…” April looked around for anyone. “…Powers? Show us them! It’s kind of like that movie Sky High! Ha! Are you a hero or sidekick maggots?! I will decide!” I smiled. This was getting annoying. I mean it was nice and all at first to have people you know wanting you to use your supernatural powers for no reason at all, and you get to show off for a while by lifting cars without touching it, but after hearing it for so long and using my powers so much, it’s so boring, and on top of that, really irritating, but hey, I guess you could say it’s cool.

“Eh…what do you want me to do?” I said in a bored monotone voice, sitting down on bleachers. They all looked around and shrugged.

“What are your powers? That way we know what to have you do.” Ally asked. I sighed.

“Blasting things and telekinesis basically.” I said. They looked around.

“Levitate the school!” April shouted. I laughed and shook my head.

“No, you never know if someone’s walking in or walking out right now, they might get hurt.” I said.

“Fine then…levitate us!” April suggested. I sighed and they all bunched up. Inuyasha looked at them oddly as they waited. I looked up, pointed at them, and raised them into the air. April and Ally laughed. Kristine was wide eyed saying, “Holy Shi-!!” as she went up.

Inuyasha got underneath them, curiously. I smiled and tossed a metal pole down to the other side of the room.

“Fetch boy!” I said, smiling. He smiled and ran off after it, but just as he was about to grab it, he stood up glaring at me.

“DON’T DO THAT! JUST BECAUSE I’M PART DOG DEMON DOESN’T MEAN YOU TREAT ME LIKE A DOG!!” Inuyasha shouted.

“Good thing too, otherwise I’d be giving you doggy treats instead of Ramen.” I said. Inuyasha was standing under the girls again, so I dropped them down on him. He flopped onto the ground, and when he picked his face up off of the ground, he glared at me. It looked as though he had a bit of a bloody nose, so they all got up off of him and I went over and squatted down in front of him.

“Sit up.” I said. “That’s not some dog command at the moment either.” I added. He scowled and sat up, then looked away a bit. I looked at his nose, it was bleeding. I held in a laugh. “I need a tissue guys.” I was handed a tissue and I put it on his nose, then I squeezed it. “Good. Now just bear with it Inuyasha. We all have before. Just slowly lay down.” He laid down. I put my legs out and helped him put his head on one, as I bent one so that I wouldn’t have to put a hand behind me for support. I looked at everyone with apology as I took care of his nose.

After a few minutes I picked the tissue up off his nose and looked at it. I was given another as I cleaned around his nose, where the blood had smudged. I looked at his nose, and it seemed to have dried. I smiled at him as he wriggled his nose.

“What?” He asked. I shook my head.

“Nothing.” I said, then laughed. “Go ahead and sit up now.” He did and I stood. I yawned. Inuyasha sniffed the air.

“What’s that smell?” He asked.

“NOT MY BREATH IF THAT’S WHAT YOU’RE REFERRING TO!!” I snapped. He shook his head.

“No, it’s more like a…poisonous gas. And the scent of demons.” Inuyasha said.

“Good thing I brought the Sutra Cards from Miroku. Everyone in a bunch! Stay together, and lend me a cell phone!” I said. Ally tossed her cell phone over as I sent sutra’s around everyone as a barrier. I called up Sam.

“Hello?” A woman’s voice said. Her mom.

“Is Sam there? There’s big trouble at NYSR. Demons made to the present again. Just tell her and drop her off or something. She’s really going to be needed.” I said, then hung up and gave the cell back. I readied myself, looking.

“Are you going to fight or something?” April asked.

“Do you think that’s why Inuyasha smelled demons? Of course!” I said. We looked around and I seen a shadow moving along the walls. I blasted at it and tried to hold up the building. “Damn….support beams…”

“I’m here, and I managed to get everyone out.” Sam said. I was on my knees by now, trying to hold it up.

“Oh my gosh! Inuyasha! Throw rocks at where the beam broke.” Sam said. Inuyasha did so, and Sam melted the rock to mold around to support the building. I sent in some power and the rock dried. I looked around.

“We have to get the demon out of the school before it gets even more ruined. It’s costing the city enough money just to put us there.” I said.

“Thanks for re-instating the obvious.” Inuyasha said. He gripped onto Tetsusaiga.

“No swords Inuyasha. Fists and powers.” Sam scolded. I looked around.

Shhhh.” I shushed. I looked around. The shadows went around. I looked at the windows. “I’m glad I have geek in me.”

“Me too. With the way the light is going around the room…” Sam said.

“…And how the shadows reflect at all the different angles…” I said

“Then the demon should be right….there!” We said at once as I blasted and Sam sent off fire. A shriek of pain was heard and a demon went forward. I got closer to it, holding it down with my powers.

“What are you doing?” I asked. I covered my mouth since it was covered in the poison, giving off the aura. It dissipated. I sighed. “It was a fraud. This wasn’t the demon that was sending off the poison, just a victim turned into a puppet.”

Screams were heard from the outside. I looked out. I grabbed the sutras from the floor.

“You guys I want to go and get out of here, in case it collapses. We’re going to take out the demon.” Sam said. We climbed out the window, and then faced the demon.

“More people to devour! How wonderful!” The demon hissed it was a snake demon. I glared.

“Get it with your Windscar Inuyasha. I’ll guide the attack so it doesn’t get anyone else.” I said. He took out his sword.

“You do realize that we’re going to have to figure out how to erase their minds right?” Sam asked. I nodded.

“WINDSCAR!” Inuyasha shouted. I set it off in the right direction. Sam added her flame attack, creating a fiery Windscar of fury. I stood next to Inuyasha, getting ready to guide the attack. The people ran away.

“Don’t let them go!” Inuyasha shouted. Sam closed them in with some flames, the only exit leading towards us. She stood at the opening.

“We can’t let you run off now, not without us erasing your minds, now can we?” Sam said, in a tone that probably freaked the people out. They crowded into a circle, huddled together looking at Sam with fear. She sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Oh COME ON! I won’t hurt you. I just have to make sure you won’t run away, so we can erase your memory and you won’t remember a thing! You’d continue on with your lives. Don’t you want that instead of getting hurt with fire?” Sam asked. In unison, the people nodded.

“GAH IT’S COMING TOWARDS US!!!” A young girl exclaimed we all looked to the Windscar. The stupid people got in its way.

“Andrea!” Inuyasha said. I stepped forward.

“Already on it.” I said, and put both of my hands out. I struggled with it, but it curved, just before it was able to touch the edge of Sam’s flames closing in the people. “It’s…too strong…I have to….let it go!”

“Go ahead, it’s angled just right.” Inuyasha said. I nodded, and let it be, and it hit the demon as it tried to escape. I sighed and fell to my knees. “Andrea?”

“I’m fine, just a little worn out. Now let’s erase their minds.” I said. I quickly reversed the area, fixing the ground and all that, then I looked at all of their faces, and closed my eyes. “Fire.”

Sam nodded and the fire disappeared. I took a deep breath and concentrated.

“Maybe it’s possible I can’t do this…” I whispered silently.

“Don’t worry, you can.” Inuyasha said smugly. “It’s not like you’re going to make a fool out of yourself.”

I concentrated harder on their faces, and soon I flicked my hand over, and everything went black.

Inuyasha’s Point of View…

I watched as she struggled, her hand slightly shaking out there. The next thing I knew, her wrist flicked her hand, and she was down on the ground. I ran over and jumped onto the roof of the building, Sam on my back.

“The people are confused, but they’re going back inside.” Sam said. I nodded as I looked at Andrea. She laid there unconscious on the pavement. “You should eh…. Put her on your lap. The roof isn’t the best place for her to lay down you know.” Sam said. I picked her up.

“Hop on, we’ll take her home.” I said, and Sam hopped on. I took a breath, then jumped to the nearest tree, and went on from there.

When we reached the house, I landed us in the backyard, and we walked into the house. With our sight, everyone in the room instantly looked over shocked. They observed.

“Oh my gosh what happened?!” Her mother asked.

“There was a demon at the school. She used up her energy to angle the Windscar, fix up the battle debris so the school was back to normal, then she erased the peoples’ minds. She didn’t get beat up that bad though.” Sam replied. Her mother led me into the living room, where she had me lay her down on the couch. Her mother put a blanket over her, then a cool washcloth on her forehead.

“Keep a good eye on her. If she starts stirring or something then call her father. He’ll be in the kitchen while I’m dropping Sam off at her house.” Her mother said. I nodded.

“Yes Ma’am.” I said, with a bow. Sam had better not hold that onto me after this.

“Thanks.” She said, then walked off with Sam. I sat there in the corner couch, watching Andrea like a hawk demon.

Andrea’s younger brother walked in. He smiled at me.

“Hi In-oo-washa!” He greeted, and sat down on the floor by the ‘television’ as they called it, then started playing with ‘cars’.

-----

I sighed as everyone soon readied themselves for sleep. Her brother was upstairs, along with her parents, sleeping. Her grandfather was getting his water for the millionth time tonight, and her grandmother was on her way up the stairs. When everyone was sleeping, I closed my eyes and let myself rest, knowing that no one would get in thanks to the ‘door knob locks’ and the ‘dead bolt lock’ Andrea told me of before.
~~~~~~~~~~~
End!! You know the drill! ONWARD TO CHAPTER 18! >>>