InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making History ❯ The Last Day of Summer Vacation ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Making History
By Akira & Yuki

Disclaimer: We don't own Inuyasha

A/N: I've been shooting these out huh? All I'm doing is copying from my whole file, pasting into this, then making it so it's readable with Mediaminer's server. XP (double spacing for paragraphs) OH!! And this is going to be the last chapter for a while, since chapter twenty isn't completed yet. So just add the story or the author to your favorites and make sure you have an email notification all set, and you'll know when it's updated! ^.~

Chapter Nineteen – The Last Day of Summer Vacation

Regular Point of View…

I sat up and looked at my alarm clock. Eleven. How I seriously needed to cherish that. I wouldn’t wake up at eleven tomorrow, I’d be waking up at six. Then I’d have to rush like always do, to take a shower, get dressed, then do the dishes before seven came around. That was my usual schedule.

I yawned as I slowly sat up. Something red caught my eye, and as I looked down, there lay Inuyasha on the floor beside my bed with one of my extra throw pillows that was around my room somewhere.

‘How is he down there with enough room?’ I thought. I gave a light sigh as I creepy-crawled off my bed at the foot, and went out to head to the bathroom.

When I returned, Inuyasha was still sleeping. I smirked at him. He looked so adorable. That’s a reason why I’m a dog-lover rather than a cat-lover. Sure, cat’s are cute, fuzzy, small, cuddly, and all that, but dogs are just too adorable for words, and there’s a wider range of breeds. Along with that, they are always there for you, whether they’re demon, half demon, or just a plain old pet dog, they are the best!

I turned on my television and seen my mom return home, and so I shut off the TV knowing that she’d be down there later.

I grabbed my sketchbook and a pencil, and looked at Inuyasha sitting there. I wondered how I was to draw him chibi, and I got myself no where so I decided to draw him.

I started with the head, and continued with the hair, then the neck, shoulders, torso, stomach, arms, pelvis, then legs and feet, as always. I finished up, then I smiled as I drew a chibi version nearby. I signed and dated it with a smile.

‘He just looks too adorable!!!!’ I thought. Though I spoke- er thought too soon, his ears flicked, and his eyes slowly opened. He sat up and looked at me smiling at him.

“What are you starring at?” He asked, as he got off the ground and sat next to me on my bed.

“I’m looking at you, you grumpy nightwalker.” I said. I put my sketches down and started getting ready to go downstairs.

“A… a nightwalker?! Who do you think you are?! I only asked you a question!” He said. He looked at my sketches and started going through them.

“Yeah, but it’s what you said that can tick a person off.” I said. I rolled my eyes as he paid no mind to me, but more to my drawings. I poked his nose and he looked at me. Those curious eyes he gave just made you want to melt.

“Come on! Oh, you’ll have to put on some of my dad’s clothes though, because we’re going to Wal-Mart with Sam for school shopping!” I said, then imagined Inuyasha and Miroku in jeans and t-shirts and laughed. “Oh to see you guys in future era clothes.” I muttered as I walked out and down the stairs, Inuyasha following me.

I sat down at the kitchen table with a chocolate chip pop tart, and my mom walked over to Inuyasha with clothes. She instructed him on how to put them on, zipper and button wise since zippers weren’t feudal, and buttons were rarely seen. She also told him about the shirts, about how to put it on right, since Inuyasha knew nothing about tags on your clothes. He came out in them and I smiled, but he glared at me so he knew that I was holding back a laugh, but never the less.

Since when I went towards the bathroom this morning I had a shower, we were all set so I threw on some shoes and we were off, only to find ourselves following Sam, Miroku, and her mom.

When we arrived at Wal-Mart, I instantly threw my door open, and dragged Inuyasha over to where Sam and Miroku were. Sam and I looked at Miroku and Inuyasha in our era clothes, and then burst out laughing hysterically.

“So, where to first?” I asked her.

“Hm…. BACKPACKS!!! HAZZAH!!!” Sam shouted, and we ran off.

We ran in, practically playing frogger the whole way to the entrance, and after each of us grabbing two carts, went immediately to the backpacks and grabbing the first one we liked and throwing it into a cart. We grabbed the school supply lists for our classes, and then raced off, around the store. We stopped in front of the shows, one cart completely filled already with school supplies.

“We need time to slow down.” Sam said. “Could you?” I nodded and time froze as I put up a hand. After that, we calmly walked around doing what we needed to do.

“When we’re done, our mom’s would probably ask us how we did all this in this limited amount of time, you know.” Sam asked.

“Yeah I know. You need anything else? I’m pretty much done. I just gotta go and grab a few extra things.” I said.

“Nope. I’m good. I’ll find our mom’s and call you over somehow…” Sam said, smirking as her fingertips sparked.

“No fire, or you’ll set off the sprinklers.” I reminded, and then ran off to grab the last bit that I needed.

--------

When I returned, we chose a spot in the corner of the building where no one would see us and I returned time to normal and we set out to find our parents since Sam couldn’t.

“Do you think that they’re still outside walking in?” Sam asked.

“Possibly. When my mom talks, she usually stands still.” I said, sighing. We continued through until we finally found our moms. We came up from behind them and smiled.

“What do you want but can’t have?” My mom asked. I sighed and motioned to the carts. They stopped dead and turned around to see the four carts. The two looked at each other and then went through the stuff to see if we got what we needed instead of a bunch of junk.

A few minutes later, they four carts were numbered down to two, and everything else was put in a random cart. We went and cashed out, then set out to the vehicles. Then we noticed something.

“Eh… mom? Where is…” I started, hesitantly.

“Miroku and Inuyasha?” Sam finished. We looked around, and then I laughed my head off and pointed. Sam laughed too, and our moms chimed in as we watched Inuyasha and Miroku inspecting the arcade room. I made my way to walk over, and that’s when it happened: a woman, not really on the pretty side, but more of a boozing smoker, with wrinkles, and odd face zits, and to top it off, the smell. She pushed her way over and stood by Inuyasha, while another woman, who was definitely not on the pretty side, but more on the old lady side, stood, or rather clung to Miroku. I glared at the two and poked Sam, who looked over, and glared with me. We walked over and pulled the boys away and over to our moms.

“Hey, what do you think you two little girls are going with them men? They was enjoyin’ our company you know.” The clinging one said.

“Away from you. They’re with us, not you. Go away, or your make-up might get smudged.” I said.

“And trust me, you don’t want that to happen since you look bad enough as it is.” Sam said.

“You better shut your mouths, because they wouldn’t think twice about getting rid of you little Barbie doll lovers.” The other woman said. I glared at her and then walked over.

“Tell me something. Do you see that I’m wearing… oh my! Look at this color! It’s black!! And what do Barbie lovers wear?” I asked.

“Pink, and I don’t see any pink on us.” Sam replied, walking over.

“What are those two doing?” Inuyasha whispered.

“I think they’re protecting us against those women.” Miroku whispered back.

-----

By the time our moms were ready, they dragged us away, and we dragged the boys along, ticked off as ever, but yet wanting to smile since they women’s husbands came over and found out they were trying to pick up another guy. We laughed as we talked over walkie talkies in the two vans.

“Yeahp. You just couldn’t help but laugh at the fact that their husbands were checking out a few feet away!!” I said.

“Yeah, go figure. Ooh hey I’m putting on Miroku!!” Sam replied.

“How does this device work?” Miroku’s voice came over the walkie talkie.

“There you go. Just let go of that button, and she’ll reply. Got it?” Sam’s voice said, faintly though.

“Alright. Hello there!” Miroku said.

“Hey Miroku!!!” I said, then showed Inuyasha how to work it. And the two boys talked a bit.

“So… how’s the Tetsusaiga been lately?” Miroku asked.

“Fine.”

----

By the time we got to each other’s houses, both of our moms forced us and the boys off of the walkie talkies.

“These are for camping, not for a long car ride.” My mom scolded. I sighed. I got on my computer and Inuyasha sat down on the floor watching me intently.

“I still don’t understand these American markings.” He said.

“It’s our alphabet, like all of those symbols for Japan. America uses these kinds of symbols.” I explained. Inuyasha huffed at it.

“Whatever. I still say they’re weird.” Inuyasha said. I laughed.

“Sure. Call them whatever you want, because they’re surely easier then Japanese symbols that need practically fifty little small lines just to make one sound.” I said.

“Feh.” Inuyasha said. He stood and then looked out one of the windows. “It’s raining.” I looked out the window closest to me.

“So it is.” I said. He looked around the outside. He looked behind us and went on alert.

“That thing’s following us!!!” Inuyasha said, pointing. I laughed.

“Well duh. We’re on a road. People are going to follow us.” I said. He looked at me oddly and then went back to normal… carefree as he looked out the window.

Sam and the rest of them departed as we turned down our street and unpacked everything. As soon as I had everything ready, I began stuffing it all into my backpack until I finished, then put it by the door and danced around the house, everyone including Inuyasha starring at me like I was some kind of idiot. Can’t really say I blame them though.

“Oh!! Because you like fleece so much, I decided to get you a blanket.” Mom said. “I got it secretly when you were fooling around.” She pulled out a long, dark purple and dark blue fleece blanket. I gasped and thanked her before I put it around my shoulders and cuddled up in it on the couch, where I watched some random television show and cuddled into the fleece at the same time. Inuyasha sat down next to me by my feet and stroked the blanket where my shoulder was. It was so relaxing, and the air conditioner froze the room, so lost inside my comfort did I suddenly take a nap without realizing it.

----

When I awoke, my grandparents, my brother, and my mom were making noise in the kitchen and Inuyasha was lying down behind me, hugging me around the waist.

I turned to look at him and seen his eyes closed. He looked like he was so innocent, like when he wasn’t trying to be tough or anything, like how he is when he’s there for me.

I tried to remove his grasp so I grabbed onto his wrists and attempted to pull them apart. They started to go along with my wishes, but then clamped themselves tighter together.

“Come on Inuyasha, let me go please.” I said softly. He didn’t move. I growled at him and tried again.

“No. Stay. Hug.” He whispered. He sounded different when he used little kid sentences.

“No. Leave. Park.” I whispered. As a normal dog would, whether he knew what a park was or not, he gave in and shot up, waiting to leave.

I brushed my hair and put it up in a ponytail, and put a cap on Inuyasha as I headed out the door. We walked the old fashion way to the park, and when I got there I instantly went to the swings.

“This is some major swinging skill.” I said as I swung a bit. I taught Inuyasha how to swing since well, there weren’t any swings in the feudal era, so how would he know? And even if he could swing on vines, he wouldn’t, because his time of ‘fun’ is beating up Naraku and other strong demons.

“Okay I’m done now…FETCH!” I said, picking up a stick and throwing it in a random direction. In instinct, he ran after the stick but just as he was about to pick it up into his mouth he froze, tense. He stood up and turned around to glare at me.

“I’M NOT A PET!!!! STOP TREATING ME LIKE ONE WILL YA?” He shouted, stomping over in front of me by the time he was done with the sentence. I looked at him unfazed by his ranting. I got an idea so I played the innocent act on him.

“Now, would I ever do that to you?” I asked as I put my arms around him and looked up at him. He sighed and hugged me back.

“I can never give in to you when you do that. Did you know that?” He whispered. I smiled.

“Yeah, that’s why I do it.” I whispered in return. I looked to the sky. “Uh….. its uh….sunset.”

“Yeah?” He said. We looked up at it, and then walked home, continuing the night until we fell asleep.

Sammy’s Point of View…

I sighed as I threw myself onto my bed and just laid there face down. Miroku chuckled. When I didn’t turn to him and smile, his frown became known.

“What’s the matter?” He asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

“It’s the last day of summer vacation.” I said simply, turning my head to face him with a dismal face.

“What’s this ‘summer vacation’ I don’t understand?” He asked. I sat up and leaned against his arm.

“It means I have to go to sleep early tonight, and wake up before sunrise to go and learn until the afternoon.” I said. “It’s a hell hole. It’s boring.”

“I guess you don’t like it.” Miroku confirmed. “What is so wrong with learning and broadening your knowledge of life as we know it? I liked to learn things, maybe not the things tha you must learn but I have things…”

“Yeah… you liked it. I have about eight different courses I have to learn in order to go to the next year or I repeat it all, even the stuff I know the following year. Though it doesn’t really matter, since next year I’ll have to learn even more just to get to the next grade, then the next, and the next…” I said… getting a slight headache as I thought of it.

“I see…. When does this stop? How long does it last?” Miroku asked. Apparently he’s interested in my agony.

“I start in September, and it ends in June. So it lasts about nine months.” I said. Miroku sighed and put his head on mine… haha. He has my agony.

“How much of the day will it use?” He asked. It looked as if the bad news so far was killing him.

“Until afternoon.” I said. I grabbed my clock. “When this says two o’ clock, then that’s when it stops and I’ll be home at two thirty if we have a long bus ride. If we have a short one, about two twenty.”

“Now I know why you have no liking to it…” Miroku said.

“It uses up most of my time… but I get weekends off.” I said. Crap.. they don’t know about weekends in Japan really, so why Feudal Japan. Here comes the question…

“What are weekends?” He asked. Gosh. Kill my stupidity now.

“Saturday and Sunday.” I said. I knew that he knew the days of the week.

“Aha….” Miroku said. “How long will we be here?”

“About a week. We’re leaving on Sunday.” I said. Miroku lifted my head from his shoulder and hugged me. I sighed and closed my eyes.

“Me no likie school…” I complained. I was going to normally stay up and wait, but my soon to come yawning got the best of me and we both fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
END!! Okay, that's it until chapter 20 is finished! CHAPTER 20 – The First Day of School Hell
So R&R and I'll catch ya soon!