InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Marked ❯ Change ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Disclaimer: I do not own the characters, or anything that is from the book Marked. So don’t harass me about it. Please enjoy.

Chapter one
Change:

Sure my day hadn’t been the best of the best, but I had had worse. Unfortunately for me, this was going to be the day that changed my life…forever. Yuma walked with me talking and gossiping about my health freak…umm almost boyfriend you could call him. I dated him, but we never officially called us boyfriend and girlfriend. Well I didn’t. He found it his business to tell the whole world. Again unfortunately for me, the whole world meant the halls of Tokyo High School. So if me and almost-boyfriend went on a date. They all knew about it. Its not like I was embarrassed of him. He was a good looking guy, great grades, and he was part of the track team.

I smiled at Yuma. I knew exactly when to nod and shake my head with her babble I had no care for. She was a good friend. I just didn’t care for her gossip. Her short bob hair cut seemed all too bubbly. Just like her. Her lips where moving, but I really had no idea what she was talking about. I just heard Hojo’s name. Aka Almost boyfriend.

“I mean seriously he is a great guy!, why cant you just make it official and what not?”

Oh snap I had to talk to answer this. I decided to actually get into the conversation, because half my brain was listening so I figured I knew what to say.

“Yuma…I told you already, I like Hojo, I really do…but something is just so, boring about him.” I gave her a stern look.

“Boring?!” She screeched. She stopped at her locker.

I sighed. “Well maybe boring is the wrong word, there just isn’t a spark with him, it seems more to me like he’s just playing it safe.”

“So what are you saying you want a bad boy?”
I laughed. “That’s not exactly how I would put it, how about more interesting?”

She had successfully cramped her books into her locker and pulling out her algebra text book scrunching her nose the whole time. We started to turn the corner of the hall to get to my locker.

“Well than I don’t know what to tell you, except that your making a big mistake here…listen to me I’m your best friend, thus I know what is best for you, and I think that’s Hojo, maybe you two just need to spend some more time together to feel this so called “spark” that your looking for.” She replied.

I laughed. But before I could make a smart reply. I stopped about five feet from my locker. There he was. The monster. Technically there were not called monsters, this years millennium called them “demons”.

I stopped dead in my tracks and my mouth lay slightly open. Yuma didn’t see him until after a couple of seconds later. She gasped.

He had elf ears instead of normal ears. His eyes were a deep blue color. He had long claws. And long blue hair. He pointed at me with his clawed hand.

“You…Kagome Higurashi have been chosen by Shikon High School to attend. You will now carry the mark of a newbie on your forehead. It is your choice whether you will go through with this change or not. That mark will soon begin to fade. If you have not made it to Shikon High School grounds by the time that mark is completely faded, you will die.

And with that he was gone. Just a small paragraph on how within probably days I had to make a choice whether to be a freak for the rest of my life, or to die.


Okay what did you think???J Please leave a comment. Id like to know if this has potential. Okay if you have read the house of night series, you’ll know that I’m taking the over all basic stuff from the book. But there will also be a lot of differences. If you haven’t read the books, then this might be more interesting to you. Thanks for reading.

-Laurah