InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Masked Pretense ❯ Post 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

* Masked Pretense *

tiarella_cordifolia * TiarellaCordifolia

Growing up, I never understood much about sibling rivalry. I loved my brother Souta very much so, and the affection was returned more or less. I could never understand how people can hate their own blood and flesh. Until now. That is, until Kikyo came back. Now, whether I wish it or not, I am forced to learn about sibling rivalry first hand, because if not, I will lose the one I love, forever. ~Kagome

Inuyasha Fanfiction [Sess/Kag] Rated PG13

Definitions:

PRETENSE: The act of pretending; a false appearance or action intended to deceive

INUYASHA FANFICTION: Literary work based on an existent work called "Inuyasha", therefore meaning the original characters were not developed by the author.

SESS/KAG: The favored pairing in a literary work. Sesshoumaru and Kagome.

RATED PG13: Guidelines for those under the age 13 to beware of situations that may not be fit for their viewing.

#Chapter 2 #

"The natives of this country are a strong, raw-boned, well-made active people rather above than under the ordinary size, especially the men. Those who do not disfigure their faces by tattooing and scarifying have in general very good features. The men generally wear their hair long, combed up and tied upon the crown of their heads; some of the women wear it long and loose upon their shoulders, old women especially…."

The setting takes place in an ordinary classroom. Teenagers slumped back in their seats, obviously tortured by the long history lecture. Several in the back were already asleep. All that could be heard was the droning voice of the teacher.

"…They seem to enjoy a good state of health and many of them live to a good old age. Many of the old and some of the middle aged men have their faces marked and tattooed with black, and some few we have seen have had their backs and thighs and other parts of their bodies marked, but this is-"

"utterly boring," a young man in the first row remarked.

Giggles could be heard throughout the classroom. Even the best of the best-behaved students hid their smirks. It was well known that this particular teacher had a huge ego about his knowledge of history. And someone just burst his little bubble.

"What. Did. You. Say?"

The young man stood up. He lifted his dark-violet eyes and stared steadily at the man-of-authority. The classroom went quiet, eager to hear his comeback.

"I said that this is boring. What part of `utterly boring' don't you understand?" he said in an exasperated tone.

Laughter resumed. The teacher glared at the fresh teen. Being humiliated in front of his class during his history lecture was something he would -not- tolerate.

"Get out!"

"Hey!" A young woman dressed in a white tank top and red mini-skirt stood up, hand on her desk. "You can't tell Inuyasha what to do!"

"On the contrary. I, hold every authority to kick a student out for disrupting my class. Why? Would you like to join him Kikyo?"

"Indeed!" And with that she strode out of the room, holding Inuyasha's hand.

Gossip erupted amongst the students. This was often a common occurrence, but it still intrigued everyone just how well the two fit together. Everyone was buzzing around and the teacher just sighed and threw his hands up in defeat. They'll just get extra homework on the Maori people of New Zealand. Let them have these few free minutes of the period.

A young teenage girl sitting next to the wall adjacent to the door was absolutely still. Her raven-black head was transfixed in the direction of the door, where the two celebrities of the school had just left. She sat unmoving. No thoughts passed through her head. Nothing.

"Kagome? Kagome Higurashi?" A plump, petite woman dressed in red poked her head through the door. "Is there a Kagome Higurashi in this room?"

The raven-haired girl blinked as she slowly came back to the conscious world. Her eyes widened as she recognized her name being called out by the guidance counselor.

"Oof. Oh, hi Miss Kaede! I'm over here!" Kagome waved a hand up in the air.

"Oh, good. Please come with me to the office for a moment please. I would like to discuss something with you"

Murmurs were once again sparked. Kagome Higurashi, one of the best students, was being called to the main office?

Kagome hesitantly roused up in her seat. Gathering her belongings, she followed Kaede out the door.

At the office, Kaede motioned for Kagome to sit. It was a small room, with only a desk and 3 chairs plus a closet. There was already an occupant in one of the seats. Kagome took her place besides him.

"I am well aware of all you've done for the community Kagome. It is well known how you go daily to the retirement home and orphanage to offer comfort to those who need it. I would like you to meet Sesshoumaru, a transfer student. It is due to your generous history towards those who need help that I should ask you to help Sesshoumaru around the school. I am aware that he is two years older than you are, but as you know, seldom teenagers welcome foreigners here. And seeing as to the fact you take advanced classes with him anyways, I thought it might be convenient for you to help him around." Kaede explained.

Silence. Everyone was still. Everything here was taken in a serious manner. There was never time to relax in this school because everything you do will be counted against or for you. Kaede patiently awaited for Kagome's answer to her request.

Kagome stared, eyes towards the floor. Her face of shock was hidden by her long cascade of hair. Her mouth opened to speak, but her voice seemed to not be functioning.

"I, I um, would be honored to, er, escort and help Sesshoumaru around our school" Kagome stuttered.

Kaede nodded. All of the sudden the bell rang, making Kagome jump in her seat.

"It is time for the next class. I am well aware that you take mostly advanced placement classes, which are reserved for those in higher grades. Since the ones that you don't take advanced placement classes are only math and extracurricular classes, I've taken the freedom to just place you in the advanced class, since you are doing fairly well in your math class anyhow. This way you would be in all of Sesshoumaru's classes. If there should be a problem as to why you can't keep up, I will then allow you to come back to your previous level in math. Otherwise, you will remain in your newly advanced class. Understood? Good, now go to your next class."

Sesshoumaru and Kagome were ushered out of the office as the door slammed behind their backs. Both stood still. Slowly, ever so slowly, Kagome turned to face Sesshoumaru.

He was tall. Very tall compared to Kagome. He had marvelous long hair, a brilliant color of white to the point of almost being silver. His eyes stared into her, a golden yellow. Kagome gasped.

"It's you!"

---

-End of Post 2-

#Author's Note#

Masked Pretense is a Sess/Kag fic. It starts out Inu/Kag though. With a tragedy. It's an alternate universe, alternate pairing fic. So be warned.

Review! =)

#Click the Button below!#