InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Medley ❯ Learning ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

AN: Welcome to this tiny collection of drabbles and spur of the moment stories. This one is just a small tribute to Kagome.
 
Learning
 
Higurashi Kagome has learned quite a lot in the measly fifteen years since she was first delivered to this world. However, unlike other teenage girls of her age, she did not just learn `The degenerate of a hyperbola is intersecting lines' or `A DNA molecule is a double helix composed of nucleotides' or `That boy in math class is sooo cute!' Oh no, she learned other stuff besides those things. It was more along the lines `slice its left arm off above the elbow and you should be able to remove the shard' or `this white flower can null the poison from snake like youkai' or `if you stop touching her without consent you won't sprout multiple lumps on your head.'
 
Yes, that sounds about right. Who knew she would learn so much just on the other side of that old forgotten well?
 
She'd learned how to soothe a little frightened kitsune back to sleep after horrible nightmares;
 
How to persuade a flaming girl to stop bashing a lethal weapon repeatedly on a rather deserving hentai's head;
 
And how to coax a stubborn hanyou down from his perch on top of an ancient tree.
 
Such skills she had acquired and exercised from time to time but no skill, no piece of knowledge she would treasure more than the particular things she'd learned about love.
She'd learned how to smile in spite of her broken heart in order not to distress her friends and family. She'd learned how to dispel hatred and ill will from her heart. She'd learned to stand by her beloved no matter his actions, no matter his choice, no matter his heritage.
 
And most of all, she learned how to love, not for what the other can give in return, but to love for his happiness.