InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Merry Christmas ❯ Merry Christmas ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Souls. When she'd been younger she had never understood the full meaning of the word. She had always thought it was some useless thing that a human being had and that the person never used in their life.

Oh, boy did her thinking change on that when she had been kidnapped by Urasue and her soul had been stolen and put into Kikyo's body. Kagome no longer had a full soul because Kikyo still had part of her soul.

But Kagome had learned to live with the small pain that was always in her heart now, it had arisen soon after she had awoken from the witch's spell. It had been terrible in the beginning but she had learned to push it back

It was her first Christmas in the feudal era. And she was sitting on the edge of the well, just as she had that one time. She was in a long skirt, sweater, and a scarf was wrapped around her neck, but she still felt the cold through her clothes.

`I should get going soon. I know Kaede and the others want to know why I don't feel the happiness of Christmas...it's because...it's because.' she covered her face with her hands.

Two years. That's how long it had been since her father had died in a car accident on Christmas morning. All she could remember was the phone call, she couldn't rem-ember anything else, almost like she was blocking it from her memory.

She couldn't face her friends yet. Suddenly someone else was there and she knew who it was. She looked up to be met with Inuyasha's golden eyes, for the first time his eyes held merriment. At least he was in a good mood.

"Merry Christmas, Kagome!" he laughed. She felt herself go cold. So many memories. She began to sob. She turned her legs back over the edge of the well and jumped in.

She climbed up the ladder and ran out of the well house sobbing, her mother caught her but she jerked away violently from her mother.

"KAGOME!" her mother shouted as she ran into the house and up the stairs, she jerked the ladder down leading up to their attic and ran up them as well and pulled it back up. She curled up in a ball crying.

"Daddy." she whimpered as she fell asleep.

* * * *
"Kagome!" Inuyasha cried as she fell back through the well. What had he done this time?

"That was strange. All you said was Merry Christmas." Sango said coming up and looking down in the well. Miroku nodded, then he looked at Sango devilishly, he held a stick up over her head and she looked up confused.

"M-Mistletoe!" she squeaked. She laughed when she saw Shippo, she grabbed the small fox and kissed him on the cheek, then stepped out from under the herb.

Careful not to get back under his trap she grabbed Miroku's hand and dragged him back to the village, leaving Inuyasha alone so that he could go through the well without them watching.

He jumped in, wondering what he had done to his precious angel to get her so upset. He smiled as he thought of her as an angel, she was one considering she had saved him from the darkness that had lingered in his heart for almost fifty years, and had released him from his enchanted sleep.

He jumped out of the well, he arranged the white scarf around his neck, yes even he the almighty hanyou needed a scarf during the winter. He stepped outside and smiled, Kagome's world was also covered in snow.

"Inuyasha! Merry Christmas!" a young voice shouted from the God Tree. He looked over to see Kagome's younger brother and grandfather putting Christmas lamps on the big tree.

"Hey, twerp. Merry Christmas." he said. He blinked as he felt something on his ears. He looked up and sighed. Red Christmas flowers were covering his ears.

"Hello, Inuyasha...its nice to see you again. If you're here to get Kagome she's a little upset I'm afraid." Kagome's okaa-san said.

"I know. She was in my time and when I wished her a Merry Christmas she started crying and came back here." he gasped when her mother took his hand and led him into the kitchen, he sat down in the wooden chair when she motioned for him to.

"Two years ago her father was away on a business trip and he decided to drive home so that he would be able to get here in time. You know what a car is, right?" he nodded, they seemed awfully dangerous to him.

"Good. Anyway, he was driving home but another driver, a drunk rammed into his car. He was rushed to the hospital. Kagome woke up that morning and was about to open her first present when we got the call.

"Sota was so young he can't remember his father very well. But Kagome refused to open any of her presents without her father watching, so we went to the hospital. Her grandfather and I made the mistake of leaving her alone with her father.

"We went to talk to the doctors...her father died while we were gone. She came home in a rage, she burned all of her presents, saying she hated the world...and not to long after that she went into a coma.

"She woke up about six months later, she wasn't able to remember anything at all. So we took her to therapy until she could finally remember her name. When she fell through the well for the first time...she was still the depressed Kagome that we had grown accustomed to.

"But ever since she met you...its like she's a different person...except...she came home once and it was like the past was repeating itself. She was depressed and...well...we talked about the God Tree and you.

"Now...Inuyasha, excuse me. I must make sure that Sota and his grandfather don't kill themselves trying to decorate the God Tree." Inuyasha watched Kagome's mother leave. He stood up and followed Kagome's scent. He pulled down the ladder and climbed up the rails.

He saw that she was sitting beside a window watching the snow fall outside. She looked at him, her eyes wide with surprise.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked sitting down across from her. She looked at him and jerked her head back towards the window tears beginning to roll down her cheeks.

"I wasn't ready. Inuyasha...I can't even remember his voice! I can't remember what color his eyes were! I can't even remember if he had a nickname for me!" she sobbed, she gasped as Inuyasha hugged her tightly to his chest.

"Kagome...I might be from a different world, but I know what its like to loose a parent. When my mother was murdered by a villager I felt like I had to kill the whole world. I'd never felt so angry.

"I was only seven and there I was, raging at the world. Sesshomaru tried to trick me, but I was so mad that I told him that I hoped he would burn in hell. That's one of the reasons he hates me. Because at the time he really did want to take care of me, but I didn't want to be with that bastard.

"But then our father died and I was overwhelmed. Both my parents had died within six months of each other and I didn't know how to react. And I just went on, angry at the whole entire world." he said.

Kagome looked up at him and saw the pain in his eyes as he continued to look out the window. She realized that he was right she wasn't the only one to have lost a parent. Plenty of children had lost their parents before her.

"Inuyasha...thank you." she whispered, burying her face into his haori and sobbing even harder.

"Come on, Kagome. Let's go back to my time...I want...to give you something." he whispered. He picked her up over the threshold style and walked to the second floor and jumped out a window. They were a flash of colors as Inuyasha jumped into the well.

Kagome shivered as they emerged from the well and the cold wind pierced through her sweater. Inuyasha left her in front of Kaede's door a smile playing on his face.

"I'll be back in a minute." he leaped away towards the God Tree. He landed in front of it and scooted his hand under one of the roots that had fallen ground under it. When he pulled his hand out a beautifully decorated box was in his hand.

It was one of the few precious items he had been able to take from his mother's house before the village had run him out of it. He opened the box and pulled out a beautiful necklace.

On it was a cross and in the middle of the cross was a diamond. The cross was pure silver along with the chain. He closed the box and put it back in his hiding place, he'd one day give it to Kagome, maybe when they married.

He blushed at the thought and then smiled as he imagined Kagome in a wedding dress, happiness radiating from her very being. He just wished he'd be the lucky one that she was marrying. He shook his head, he shouldn't think such thoughts, at least not when he was busy.

He held the cross tightly as he ran back to Kaede's and walked into the hut. He snorted as he saw that Miroku had Sango backed up in a corner, with no Shippo in sight to help her, and he had mistletoe above her head again.

Kagome was giggling extremely hard, as Miroku had it very well thought out. Finally Sango gave in and kissed him lightly on the lips. Inuyasha sighed as Miroku got slapped for making the wrong move at the wrong time

"Kagome, come with me." he caught her hand with his free one and pulled her to her feet and took her outside. She laughed as the snow tickled her nose. He smiled at Kagome as her hair began to turn white due to the snow.

"Close your eyes." he instructed, she looked at him oddly but did as she was told. Carefully Inuyasha placed the necklace around Kagome's neck, he smiled as he pulled back. It looked beautiful on her.

"Okay, open your eyes." he whispered. She opened them and gasped as she looked down and saw the lovely cross.

"I-Inuyasha! I-I can't take this!" she whispered as she held the gorgeous cross in her hand.

"I want you to have it...it was my mother's and I think that she would want you to have it as well." he smiled at her and she nodded, he realized that her eyes were still a little red but at least some of the life that he had missed was back.

Suddenly a cry echoed from the forest and they nodded at each other and ran towards the sound. A demon was attacking several villagers that had been out looking for a good Christmas Tree to go in the middle of the village.

The villagers managed to get away as Inuyasha attacked the demon with his sword, but he miscalculated the demon's strength and was wounded across the chest before he cut the demon in half.

He landed on the ground, clutching his chest in pain as blood leaked between his fingers. He fell all the way to the ground barely hearing Kagome's voice.

"INUYASHA! NO!" Kagome screamed, running to him, she fell to her knees, gasping as the snow leaked through her skirt. But she ignored it, carefully turning Inuyasha onto his back. His blood was slowly staining the snow red.

"K-Kagome...." he whispered, reaching up and touching her face then letting his hand fall down and touch his mother's cross. He smiled up at Kagome and then sighed his eyes closing.

"NO! Inuyasha...please don't leave me! Don't leave me...like papa did! I need you! Why do you think I always stick beside you? I don't do it because I like fighting demons! I have got to be with you!" she cried.

A tear rolled down her cheek, it fell from her face and hit the diamond in the cross that she now wore around her neck. She closed her eyes as she felt energy flowing around her, in a burst of light an angel stood before them, his wings beautiful as a dove's and his hair as black as Kagome's.

He held out his hands and white energy gathered up in his hands and burst forth into Inuyasha's pale body. His skin once again turned a healthy color and his wound closed up, but when Kagome opened her eyes, the angel could not be seen.

My darling girl, I will always watch over you. A voice whispered inside her head and she could've sworn she felt a touch on her cheek, but it was fleeting.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha sat up and smiled at her face, she blushed as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Thank God!" she whispered as they stood up, she hugged him tightly, but looked down when she felt a tap on her leg.

"Shippo? What is it?" she asked. He gave her a quizzical look.

"Isn't that the stuff that Sango had to kiss Miroku under? Miss-toe?" he asked. Kagome laughed, but then gasped as Inuyasha forced her chin to look up. Sure enough they had gotten caught under Mistletoe. She blushed slightly as Inuyasha turned her head up towards his.

She closed her eyes as their lips met then felt herself grow light headed from the sensation of it all. Inuyasha heard Shippo leave, so the runt did have his good qualities, he knew Shippo had created the Mistletoe with his fox magic so that he and Kagome would have to kiss, but Inuyasha wasn't complaining and neither was Kagome.

"Merry Christmas, Kagome. I love you." he whispered in her ear as they pulled apart. She gasped as tears of joy lingered in her eyes.

"Merry Christmas, Inuyasha. I love you, too. Thank you, for everything!" she replied as they went for another kiss as it began to snow lightly once again.

The End

 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!