InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miroku's Lyric ❯ Session Fifteen ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

-

 

-

 

-

 

-

 

"My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I..

got out of bed at all

The morning rain clouds up my window..

and I can't see at all

And even if I could it'll all be gray,

but your picture on my wall

It reminds me, that it's not so bad,

it's not so bad..."

 

-

 

-

Memoir of Sango...

 

No one ever fits anyone's perfect description of who they want to be with for the rest of their life.

 

Most people settle for the things they know they can get. But despite all of that, there is one person- whether right next door or halfway across the world- who is near perfect for you. Mine just happened to live in the neighborhood park. This person will stay with you until your last breath, good times and bad.

 

But like there is one that will always make you happy, there is always someone who has the power to break you...

 

 

-

 

Session Fifteen- Breathe

 

-

 

-

 

"Ohayo Tokyo! It is seven in the A.M. And this 199.6 with your morning news-"

 

She slammed her hand down on the alarm, eyes still half closed. Her face still mostly buried into her pillow, one eye peeked out the window. Snow lined the window sill, a sheet of frost coated the glass.

 

She shifted slightly bringing her to hand to her face, her fingertips lightly tracing her lips. 'I did it, I can't believe I actually kissed him...'

 

Sango ran her tongue across her lips, still managing to taste the sweet undefinable taste of him that he had left on her mouth. She smiled, hugging her pillow. She was going to have to kiss him again. Soon.

 

Checking her breath, she crinkled her nose. 'But it would be best to brush my teeth first.'

 

As she made a motion to move out of bed, she froze. Feeling slow, constant intervals of warmth on her neck. Now she knew she had went to bed alone last night...

 

She turned towards him, gazing at his sleeping form. Absentmindedly brushing his bangs away, she smiled.

 

"Miroku..."

 

"Hm?" he replied lazily.

 

"It's morning, time to get up now. And," she paused, "I would also like you to explain exactly what you are doing in my bed."

 

"Hoping to get lucky?" he said playfully.

 

"Is that the best you can come with, or should I come back in five minutes?"

 

Miroku sat up, wrapping his lean arms around her waist. "I was lonely."

 

A voice interrupted them. "Well, you'll just have to manage, because I have to get to school." Kohaku leaned against the doorway, fully dressed, waiting impatiently. Sango eyed the clock. 7:41

 

"Shit!"

 

-

 

___

 

-

 

She stared at the clock impatiently.

 

"Dr. Takahashi, you have a patient."

 

"Let them in," she replied. She heard the door open, turning her chair around to face them.

 

Her heart skipped a beat. Every moment seemed like a year as she stared, face to face. It was the face that plagued her once pleasant dreams, the name that burned into her soul for three years.

 

"Hello Sango..."

 

Her eyes narrowed into slits. "What do you want?"

 

The figure before her smirked from the doorway. He closed the door behind him, his dark eyes never leaving her form. "It's been awhile. How have you been?"

 

"Go to hell." was her only response.

 

He smirked, sitting down in the chair in front of her desk. "I see you haven't changed. Still a fiesty little vixen."

 

She slammed her papers down on the desk. "What. Do. You. Want?!" she spat out, teeth clenched. She fought desperately to keep her temper under control, losing badly.

 

"The same thing I wanted before."

 

"Well, that's too bad, because I don't work in that department. They don't allow trainees in where the drugs are distributed. And even if I did," she paused, "why should I give you want after what you did to me, Naraku."

 

"Spiteful bitch aren't you?" He stood behind her. Placing a hand on her shoulder, he smirked as the woman jerked away from his touch. "Letting people see your emotions is a sign of weakness. It shows that they can manipulate you.

 

Her next words dripped with every amount of venom she had for him. "Believe me, Naraku. If you knew how much hatred and loathing I had for you, you would've been dead."

 

His laughter reached her ears, his long, dark locks seen from the corner of her eye. She seethed, her fists clenched as she sat stiff in her chair.

 

"Sango Takahashi," he whispered, "it is you out of all the people I've destroyed that I hold in highest regard. Unlike most, you, at such a tender age, still continued to try to live your life. I can see the regret and anger in your eyes, Sango. You can't hide from me, and you know it. You still remain just as beautiful as you were three years ago, yet you hide it selfishly beneath such unflattering confines. I could've had you, but I doubts it'd be so consensual after what I did-"

 

WHAM!

 

"One more word," the young woman seethed, "one more word, and I swear I'll kill you!" Sango stood firm, holding the scalple with a steady hand against his neck. He glared at her, his hand pressed against the cut that scarred his face. 'He bleeds...'

 

"You think you're so smart, don't you?" he smirked, "you should know better by now what I'm capable of. People who defy me are no longer around to brag, and those are of few numbers. I am listened to, people obey me, and their parents are alive..."

 

The dark haired man stood up, knocking the scalple out of the woman's hand. Ceremoniously dusting off his suit, he walked out. "And tell Kohaku I said 'hello'..."

 

She stared after him, her arms hanging limply at her sides, her legs giving way beneath her as she watched him leave. And then, silently, she cried.

 

She barely noticed when a strong arm wrapped around her shoulder.

 

-

__

 

-

 

She wouldn't look at him. She wouldn't speak. All she did was walk wherever he led her. Violet eyes stared at her. It wasn't like her to cry like that, she just wasn't the type. She seem lost, broken even.

 

It had long since grown dark, bright yellow streetlights lining the sidewalk. The once white snow that had fallen this morning had turned a dingy brown, moved out of the busy Tokyo streets and pushed forgotten against the sidewalks.

 

"Sango..."

 

She didn't answer.

 

He sighed, leading her towards the park. Might as well take her home...

 

She halted abruptly.

 

She stared at her hand. So much blood...

 

"Wait... let's go another way."

 

"But this is the fastest way."

 

"Please, Miroku," her eyes pleaded, "we can go through the park, just, not that way." He looked at her curiously, but didn't push her further. "Alright."

 

She let out a breath she hadn't known she was holding. For three years, she had always dodged that path. That path- which had plagued the setting of her nightmares- held too much history for her.

 

Especially since it was so close to the anniversary of the incident.

 

He had done this to her, and she hated him with every once of her soul because of it. And the fact that he had gotten away from it too.

 

 

-

 

-

 

-

 

-

 

-

 

Not much to say about this chapter, except trying to get in as much fluff as possible, seeing there's going to be plenty of angst and drama chapters to go around... and one tear-jerker, can't forget that one...

 

Oh, and I have a challenge for you people!

 

See bio for details...

 

-

 

-

 

-

 

Preview of Next Chapter:

 

Nightmares become reality...

 

-

 

-

 

-

 

Posted 11/25/04