InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misky Dreams ❯ A Much Needed Talk ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome sobbed a she mad her way back to the village. The dream had horribly scared her. `Mom. . .' she thought as she grabbed a branch from a tree to keep herself from falling. `I'm so sorry. . .' she took a step to move on but she slipped and slid down into a small rocky gulch.

Kagome groaned and rested her head back on a rock. Things were piecing together too quickly for her after that dream she could barely stand it. `I have to go home. . .' she thought As she sat up. `I can't go back to the village now. . .the sun is going down. . .and I have to be with Sota. Moms funeral starts as soon as the sun dips below the hills. . .'

Kagome tilted her head back and allowed more tears to roll down her cheeks. She screamed, she couldn't really think of what else to do. Then loud sobs drifted from her lips. "Sota. . ." she murmured.

"Kagome?! Are you alright?" Inuyasha jumped down into the gulch. "I heard you scream and I came running. . .what are you doing down here?"

Kagome smiled solemnly at the hanyou as more tears ran down her cheeks. "I have to go home. . .please. . .I won't get to the well in time by myself. . ."

"Kagome why are you crying? You couldn't have hurt yourself that bad from sliding down there." Inuyasha picked the girl up and looked at her with a cocked eyebrow.

"I haven't been totally honest with you about why I came back home, Inuyasha." Kagome said to him when he started to run towards the well. "The real reason why I came back is because. . .my mom died. . .and Sota is all by himself. . ."

Inuyasha's pace slowed to a walk, his eyes stared at Kagome's face for a long time before he said anything. "Y-your mom died? Why didn't you tell me?"

Tears rolled down Kagome's face. "I don't know. . .but I have to get home tonight because that's when her funeral is."

"Kagome. . .I'm so sorry." Inuyasha started to run again.

"Inuyasha. . .I think I'm going to stay for awhile. . ." Kagome told him as she huddled into his chest. ". . .just until Sota is ready to come to New York with me. . ."

"Then I guess we can have a chance to catch up on more things. . ." Inuyasha said as they reached the well. By this time the sun had went down. . .and Inuyasha had turned human.

Kagome looked at him, she wouldn't be able to do this on her own. "Inuyasha can you come with me? Please?"

"To the funeral?" Inuyasha asked.

"Yeah. . .I need someone to be the for be since Sota won't be going. . ." Kagome said as Inuyasha put her down. "So. . .will you?"

"I'd do anything for you." Inuyasha said.

Kagome smiled and took Inuyasha by the hand and the two jumped into the well.

~*~

Kagome watched as her mothers casket was lowered into the ground, large torches lit up the whole crematory. Inuyasha was human, but that still never stopped him from getting the vibes from Kagome that she was about to cry. He lift his arm up and wrapped it around her shoulder, her head fell sideways and landed on his shoulder.

"Its not fair. . ." Kagome whispered to him. "This is going to mess everything up now. . . Sota doesn't want to come to New York with me and Hojo. . .and I know that Hojo doesn't want to move back here. . ." she thought back to her dream and sighed. Later tonight she would think long and hard about all this. . .and maybe she'll come up with a solution to all of the problems that are facing her.

"Want to go home now?" Inuyasha asked her. "I don't think you should really hang around here now. . .and I think you should spend sometime with Sota. Don't you?"

"Your right. . ." Kagome said to Inuyasha as she sniffed. "Lets go back home."

~

"Was that car there when we left?" Inuyasha asked as they got back to the shrine.

"I don't think. . .wait. . ." Kagome looked at the car. . .it was a silver BMW. . .it was Hojo's car. ". . .Hojo. . ."

"Inuyasha looked at Kagome, a feeling of sadness swept over him. "Want me to leave then?"

"Kagome?" Hojo walked out of the shrine and looked at his fiancée and the other man she was standing there with. "Baby are you ok?" Hojo ran up to them and wrapped his arms around Kagome and kissed her forehead. "I'm so sorry I couldn't make it for the funeral. . .please forgive me."

"It's ok. . ." Kagome looked at him. "Hojo. . .I'd like for you to meet Inuyasha. . .he's an old childhood friend of mine. He came to the funeral with me."

"Nice to meet you." Hojo shook Inuyasha's hand. "Thanks you for taking care of Kagome for me."

"You are making her sound like a child. . .Hojo." Inuyasha said dully to the actor. "I assure you that that's what she isn't. . .and I wasn't taking care of her `for you', I was taking care of her because she wanted someone there for her." before Hojo could answer Inuyasha turned to Kagome. "I'm going to go check out the old well for old times sake. . . then I'll be going home."

Kagome walked Inuyasha walk into the well house and shut the door behind him.

"He's awfully rude, don't you think?" Hojo said to Kagome. "Well. . .lets go into the house. . .we need to get Sota packed up."

"What?" Kagome looked at Hojo. "What do you just say? Get him. . .packed up?"

"Well. . .yeah. the kid is coming to stay with us." Hojo said.

"But `the kid' has a life here. . ." Kagome protested.

"Well. . .we can't stay here. And he can't stay by himself."

"I just don't think he's ready to leave yet, Hojo."

"Well I have to get out of here, Kagome. I have a life back in New York. I can't stay here." Hojo looked at Kagome a little annoyed.

Kagome ran her hand back through her hair. "I have to ask you something. Why is it always YOU? I mean. . .why can't we do something for me for once?"

"Kagome. I give you everything." Hojo said. "I let you use my money for anything you want. . .you have everything. What else do you want?"

"I want to be loved the way I should be." Kagome said. "I was us to be together for more than once every two months."

"But I can't do that. I have a job. I have to be places." Hojo said.

"Well I can't be happy that way." Kagome took off her ring and handed it back to Hojo. "I can't live like this. I need to feel loved. . .more than what I'm feeling now." She looked up at the sun rising. "And I think that the person who can show me that just went into the well house. I'm sorry. So please. . .do us both a favor and. . .leave."

Hojo looked at her, then at the ring. "You can't do this to me you know."

"I just did." Kagome said. "Now leave. Hojo the next time I want to see you is on the television when Ed The Sock is making fun of you because your fiancée dumped you. Tah." She gave Hojo a small wave and went into the well house. She waited until she heard Hojo's car drive off before jumping in.