InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlight Café ❯ Good looking disappointment ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sorry for taking so long to update. University is taking up a lot of my time and I find I'm having time concentrating on writing stories lately. I just have too much things on my mind. I hope to be updating more often but I can't guarantee anything. I hope you enjoy this chapter :)
 
 
Moonlight Café
 
 
Chapter 4 - Good looking disappointment.
 
Breakfast was a strange affair. I was used to having a quiet breakfast but Kikyou insisted on talking my ears off and asking tons of questions. “How was your flight? You look good, what brand? What perfume are you using? Who did your hair? Do you like it here? What do you think of the house? I'm so glad I married your father! He's such a kind man! Isn't this great, all of us together here like a family!” On and on she went. It was exhausting really.
 
When breakfast was finally over father lead us to the lounge where we were to have a cup of tea and catch up some more. Miroku excused himself to see to his own duties. Sesshoumaru however joined us. Why would he join us? It's not like he's family. Just father's right hand man. Though father does seem rather proud of him. Almost as if he looks upon him like a son. I felt a tinge of jealousy there. Father had neglected me for so long, yet this strange man seemed to receive his fatherly affections. Is he a better child than I am? Is he the son father always wanted? I shook the thoughts away and tried to focus on the conversation while slowly sipping my tea.
 
It was in the lounge however that I finally got a proper look at Sesshoumaru and only one word came to mind: Wow! He was absolutely stunning, clad in black dress pants and a white shirt (both obviously expensive articles). His long silver hair flowing down his back, not a single strand out of place. I wondered if his hair felt as soft and silky as it looked.
 
My eyes then focused on his and I knew I had been right earlier. I could drown in them! His eyes where a beautiful golden hue lighting up his pale complexion. They were like two little suns shining down upon (and probably blinding) any who looked in them.
 
This man was heaven sent! It should be illegal to be that gorgeous! He looked absolutely flawless! I found myself having trouble disguising my lust. Who wouldn't? Thankfully my father saved me.
 
“I believe a toast is in order” he said raising his glass which all of us had only just been offered by one of the maids. “To the partnership that will bring about the finest café in Costa Rica!” I was stunned partnership? I thought this was going to be my café? I decided to voice my thoughts aloud. “But father, I thought this was going to be my café?” He lowered his glass and looked at me. “Well I suppose in a way it will be your café”, he said. “Sesshoumaru will be the boss but there will still be plenty for you to do”.
 
WHAT?! I was fuming! The nerve of that man! First he practically dismisses and leaves me, pretty much pretending I don't exist. He then calls me begging me to come over, luring me with the prospect of my own café, something I have always dreamed off and was about to realize back home! And now he tells me that… that… that perfect looking bastard will be in charge!
 
“But father! You said it would be my café! What am I supposed to do if he” at this I nod in Sesshoumaru's direction “is the boss! That's not what you promised me father! You said I would have my own café”.
 
“But darling, what do you know about running a coffee shop in Costa Rica?” There… he had me. I knew how to run a coffee shop, that wasn't the problem. However I didn't know much about how they did things in Costa Rica. I didn't even speak their language for crying out loud. “That's what I thought” he said oh so sweetly.
 
As father and Kikyou continued talking I was silent. Every now and then I was intend on inserting some witty comment or joke but was afraid it wouldn't catch so I kept silent to keep myself from embarrassment.
 
Sesshoumaru was even more silent. He seemed bend on giving of dangerous vibes. Just look at him as he sits there in the finest chair in… well probably the world! Looking so regal and beautiful and powerful.. as if he is the ruler of the world and the rest of us are beneath him. And he's supposed to be my boss?
 
-----
 
I just knew this was a bad idea. The moment father asked me I knew. This had all been a big mistake. I wasn't going to have my own café as promised. I had given up everything I worked so hard to gain back home, only to work for that perfect, arrogant bastard!
 
I sat silently brooding. I wasn't just angry, I was more disappointed. I had thought father was trying to redeem himself the only way he knew how, materialistic. Turns out he wasn't. He just wanted me here for… for what? For Kikyou? To help with Sesshoumaru's café? I didn't know why he wanted me here at all. But Kikyou sounded like a good enough reason for him.
 
I was brought out of my somewhat depressive reverie by fathers voice. “Well what do you say, shall we go take a look at some of the properties I selected?” Kikyou squealed excitedly while Sesshoumaru and I merely nodded.
 
Minutes later we found ourselves in fathers limo on the way to view the properties father had selected.
 
-----
 
The first was a small building cased in by two shops, a clothing boutique and an antique store. It was a stylish, old, classy building. By just looking at it I got a cozy feeling. It just had this air of coziness about it. Father showed us around. There was a medium sized kitchen, a small office space and plenty of room for a counter and comfortable seating areas.
 
“This could become a cozy café” I quipped. “Yes I believe so” said father. “We could place the counter here” he said indicating an area just before the entrance to the kitchen. “It would leave plenty of room for seating areas”.
 
“An old-fashioned or romantic style would look wonderful in here” Kikyou squealed obviously very excited. “I can just picture it, little tables with candlelight, soft rose-colors, oh it will look just wonderful!”
 
“Hn, let's see the other properties first” where Sesshoumaru's only words. “Good idea, we'll need to examine all properties before making a decision”. Father answered, pride shining in his eyes. I have to admit, it bugs me that he acts so prideful of a guy that isn't even his own son yet dismisses his daughter, his own flesh and blood so easily.
 
 
-----
 
The second property was situated a little ways away from the shops, but still pretty central. This too was a more old-fashioned building. The location was better though and there was room for an outside seating area as well, with enough shade to boot.
 
Once again father showed us around. This building also had a medium sized kitchen, a small cafeteria for the staff and an office. A suitable counter was already fitted here. The building offered us enough opportunity to make it work.
 
“I love the opportunity it offers for an outside seating area” I commented. “There is indeed enough shade to make it comfortable for guests, they could come and hide from the sun”, father replied. Kikyou was too busy nosing around and doing Kami knows what, to reply. Probably thinking up decorations I thought. I looked at Sesshoumaru who remained quiet. He was just looking around, inspecting the counter and probably mentally setting up the entire café.
 
“It offers some fine opportunities indeed” he suddenly said. I was surprised he even bothered to say anything at all. “So, I take it you like this building better than the previous one?” father asked. A simple yes was his only answer, but father smiled proudly none the less.
 
“Let's move on to the last property then”. And with that we all filed back into the limo, on our way to the last property.
 
 
----------
 
A/N: I know it's a little short but I hope you can forgive me for that, at least it's something ne?
 
 
Please read and review and let me know what you guys think :)
-- Kiara --