InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Moving Up in the World ❯ Moving Drama ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hello! Thank you so much for the WONDERFUL reviews. I am sorry this one is a tad short, but it's filled with description, fluff, and drama. Plus even though it is shorter it has nearly the same amount of words…Quality over quantity people!!!

# ATTENTION MEDIAMINERS!#

I adore all the love and support I am getting from you guys! I originally put it up there for fun but you all are so nice! I love your reviews! But to get to the point, this fic was and is originally posted on Fanfiction.net and all the people and stories mentioned in the notes can be found there. I encourage you to go to ff.net since I have other stories there and it rocks.

(My name is KitKat07 there rather than kitKat07. That's not that hard ^_~)

THANK YOU VEGITA-DIAS, YOU ARE A CONSTANT INSPIRATION TO ME AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T ABSOLUTELY ABHOR THE IDEA OF "READING" SHOULD READ YOUR ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL, DELICIOUS STORY THREAD BOUND. IT IS A STAPLE OF Sess/Rin AND I CAN ONLY ASPIRE TO REACH THE HEIGHT OF YOUR SKILL AND WRITING PROWRESS. AGAIN YOU PEOPLE READ THREAD BOUND!!! IT IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST AU Sess/Rin OUT THERE! IN FACT IT IS PROLLY THE BEST FIC OUT THERE PERIOD.

(ha hope you feel embarrassed! Then love it of course! I couldn't let yours overshadow mine so much purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!)

Also if you like AU Sess. Rin you GOTTA read A Cool Kind of Punishment by

O-oSez. It is absolutely wonderful. Tsume Yamagata is who to go for classic Rin/Sessers. There are more out there that rock but those are my faves. And oh yeah, can't forget bout AnimeFreak-TrunksPan-luver4evr her stories are GOOD! Plus she gets extra points on my list cuz she reviews regularly! (luv ya babe) umm…check my favorite list for some more if ya want.

Shout out to Owlman114 for not really writing anything but being funny!

Baskets of love to all whom review.

I will shut up now.

Enjoy

Sesshoumaru----------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

Sesshoumaru and Rin had finally arrived to their destination as he pulled the huge doors open.

"Eep…" Rin said in awe.

"Is there something wrong?" Sesshoumaru asked sullenly.

"No…it's just…simply…huge…" she said as echoes reached her ears.

"…?" Sesshoumaru silently asked.

"I think I may get lost…" She explained as she poked at some black velvet curtains. She noticed that the theme of it all seemed to be white, black, and red. She smirked as she thought that those colors *were* in essence, Sesshoumaru, there was no more suitable decoration.

"Hn." He replied, letting her know he heard her.

"So, this is it? Home?" she said as she bounced on a black leather settee.

"Well, this is the entry room…"

"There is more?" Rin asked so shocked she slid right off the slick leather. Sesshoumaru bent from his regal stature and hauled her up like she was light as a feather. Rin could not help but think she felt some electricity pass between them.

"There are many rooms." He said as he saw her examining the hand he had used to pull her up with fierce determination. Had he hurt her? He worried under his emotionless mask.

"Like what?" she asked after finally abandoning her hand and allowing her focus to wander again.

"Well, follow me." He stalked into a huge red door she had not seen yet.

"Gah." She said as she entered a purely white room with windows that had to be more than ten feet high. She wavered as she saw how very high they were. She could see other skyscrapers touching the clouds.

"Hm?" he asked as she fell back against the door.

"Nothing." She replied as she trotted to explore the wonderful view. This had been everything she had ever wanted. To be on top of one of these mighty towers. She could see their building's reflection on the glassy surface of the Sony tower. She was at the same time overjoyed and saddened. She noticed that she had come to desire more from life than simply this. But what was it that she wanted now? She turned to see Sesshoumaru watching her with some odd emotion flitting away in his eyes.

"Do you like it?" he asked simply.

"I love it. It will be absolutely gorgeous when night falls." She said deeply. She started looking at the other items in the room. She was immediately drawn to the TV, it was HUGE. "Holy crap!" she shouted as she rushed over to the movie theater sized flat plasma screen.

"It was a gift from Sony." He said casually. She immediately noticed the couch, which was massive, fluffy, and beautiful. She leapt on it and snuggled down.

"This ROCKS my SOCKS." She said while giggling madly.

"Your socks?" he asked puzzledly.

"It's an expression Sess." She said carelessly. She immediately noticed her big mistake and looked to his face for the horrifying anger she knew would be there.

"I suppose Sesshoumaru is a long name." He said stiffly, you could easily see this was causing him some sort of mental anguish. Rin took this in and smiled even wider, she could see his effort.

"This place is marvelous." She said.

"This is not it…" He said. She just gawked at him and followed him into what appeared to be a kitchen.

"Dear Buddha." She gasped as she ran her fingers along the black granite counter tops and rich mahogany cabinets.

"I don't really cook."

"Me neither…" she said. She immediately came up with a plan. Perhaps she could surprise Sesshoumaru with a new talent?

She smirked as she opened the gleaming silver fridge to find it stocked with many wonderful things. She saw some plump strawberries and pulled one out. It had to be the most delicious thing she ever tasted. She suddenly realized that juice was dripping down her face. Without a second thought she started licking up the juice in a way that any civilized person would frown on. She peeked up and saw a tiny *smile* pass across Sess's lips. Was she seeing correctly? He turned away before she could decide.

Sesshoumaru watched as the girl found the ripe strawberries and bit into it. Pink juice dripped down her chin. In any other person, he would be disgusted, but with Rin somehow it just seemed the proper way to do it. She suddenly began licking underneath her lower lip with a hungry look in her eyes. Somehow it just seemed adorable rather than disgusting and he couldn't restrain the smile warming his chest. He quickly turned to hide any sign of this weakness.

"This is…gorgeous." She said while looking at some red kitchen appliances.

"Come." He said. After leading her back through the living room and into another doorway she found herself in a hall. "This is your bedroom." He said pointing to the door closest to them. "That is my bedroom." He said pointing to a door right next to hers. "And those are my study and library." He said pointing to two doors at the end of the long white hall. She realized that there was a door that he left unexplained, but it wasn't any of her business so she left it be.

"Can I go see?" she gestured to her room. He simply nodded.

She turned the knob and held her breath. She looked about and gasped. The walls were painted a beautiful bight red. Not the same blood reds as the rest of the apartment, but a rich bright one, like a rose. It was absolutely wonderful. She ran over to the huge queen sized bed. It was a maple four-poster bed. It's spires reached the ceiling and white and red gauze trailed down, making it privateish. She took off her flip-flops and felt the soft pristine white carpet between her toes. The comforter was fluffy, soft, and filled with wildflowers over gold.

She examined the huge dresser. It was the same light maple as the bed. Carved wildflowers trailed it's sides. It had a huge mirror inlaid in the wall behind it. It had many drawers and had a hollow place in the middle for a stool, she felt under it and pulled out a magnificent stool with a red velvet cover on to. The cover had so many flowers embroidered on it Rin was in shock.

She backed up from the dresser and saw a couch in the corner. It was soft white suede. She gasped at how soft it was. Across from it was a TV, she would have said it was huge, but she had seen the one in the living room. She went to the marvelous paintings on the walls. They were mainly of white flowers. But one was of a tall man with white hair. But oddly enough, he was in clothes from another time. She would have said it was Sesshoumaru, but he had a purple crescent moon on his forehead and red stripes. She couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by his amber gaze.

She ripped herself away from the man and went for a door she found. She gasped as she entered a pale pink room. It was a bathroom. She had her own bathroom! It had rich rose tile. She was drawn to the huge milky white tub that five people could have bathed in without bothering each other. She also had a glassed in shower and a very large vanity. The toilet even had it's own little quasi-room!

She stumbled out of the bathroom and was utterly shocked to see another door across from it. She marched over and yank the door open. She nearly died when she figured out that it was a HUGE walk in closet that could easily been a spare bedroom. Racks lined the room and a beautiful wooden shoe WALL was in the center of it all. There were drawers for her underwear and everything.

"Are you all right?" a dark, silky voice called to her.

"Yeah sure, why?" she whispered to him.

"You have been in here for more than an hour." He explained.

"Oh…I didn't realize it had been that long." She said softly. She felt her cheeks. As she had expected she was crying, of joy of course. She hoped Sesshoumaru would just leave. But of course he walked in behind her to find her on her knees cuddling her flip-flops.

"Rin, what is wrong? Is it not of your liking? If it is that then we can change it." He asked concerned.

"No…I love it so much." She just cried harder. She feared he would think her a freak, sitting on the floor hugging the most humble thing in sight, her shoes.

"Then why is it that you cry? This Sesshoumaru doesn't understand." He said.

"I am crying because I am so very happy Sesshoumaru-sama." She said, giggling at the way her referred to himself, which only made her hiccup.

"This Sesshoumaru still doesn't understand." He eyed her as if she were about to break.

"Well, sometimes when I am really really *really* happy I end up crying. You know how mothers that have just given birth cry from joy?" she explained as she smiled.

"You find as much joy in this closet as you would in giving birth?" he asked skeptically.

"No no no no. I guess I am just more sensitive I guess. I have been living in the street for ten years and I guess all these perfect things overwhelmed me. I don't know what I'll do when I have a baby, probably explode with joy." She smiled widely at him through the veil of tears. He looked very uncomfortable. Most of his body told him to run away, but something he hadn't realized was there called him nearer to her.

"So you like your room?" he tried to change the increasingly uncomfortable topic. He couldn't remember the last time that he was made uncomfortable by ANYTHING.

"Oh, I adore it. It is more like me than I even knew myself!" she said cheerily. She struggled to free herself from the tears.

"Kaedae-baba did the decorating. She insisted to do it since it was our first house and she wanted the children to be in a nice environment." He said with what could be called a touch of sarcasm.

"Ha, what a kind lady." Rin stood up slowly with the help of Sess. "I saw her the other day."

"Where?" he asked suddenly.

"The park…" she said casually as the walked back into her main room.

"She was at the public park???" he inquired fiercely.

"She was feeding birds."

"I see. And what were you doing?"

"I was just visiting some old friends."

"I see…" he said shiftily.

"So when do we get to move in?" she changed the subject.

"…We are moved in." he said.

"But what about my stuff?" she asked vehemently.

"Didn't you see it? It's in your closet." He said with a wiley smirk.

"Oh…cool."

Rin------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

Rin woke up in a huge fluffy bed. She was beginning to get used to this. She suddenly realized she wasn't at the Takahashi manor but at…well Sess's apartment. She got up and used the bathroom and fluffed herself up in the mirror a bit. The duck pajamas would just have to do…

She walked into the airy stainless steel kitchen to see Sesshoumaru angrily jotting on some paper. He was DEFINITELY in a mood. Rin stalked over to the fridge in search of food when suddenly she was caught.

"Some IDIOT stock broker tipped off some IDIOT stock handler at the company and the STUPID son of a bitch followed the tip! Now we have the feds on our backs! We only saved some 50,000 and now we could be fined over a million!" Sesshoumaru raged. Rin was absolutely frozen. She peeked at him over the fridge door. He had his teeth bared and his eyes almost looked red…he almost looked like an angry dog…

"I'm sorry Sesshoumaru-sama…" she whispered.

"It's all right Rin! It's not your fault! You're a fucking homeless person and you don't get us into half this much trouble!" he shouted angrily. His words stung Rin harshly. She knew he hadn't meant to say it…but he had *thought* it. She finished rooting around as tears ran down her face. She finally just grabbed a carton of orange juice and fled as quickly and inconspicuously as possible.

She reached her room and closed the door. Rin set the carton down and slid down to the floor. She hugged her knees and buried her tears in them. He hadn't *meant* to hurt her. He was just angry…but what if she really was a burden to him? What if he was merely doing it to be nice? She didn't want that…she took a sweet drink of the best orange juice she had ever had.

It was always like that. She now got the best for no reason of her own. Yet what if Sesshoumaru didn't want her to have it? What if he didn't want her with him? She would rather live in poverty on the streets than bother Sesshoumaru…

Kagome---------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------

Kagome was carrying some important documents up the front stairs when *bam* she fell, spreading them all over the entrance.

"Damn it." She whispered.

"Let me help you." A silky, suave voice said. She turned herself to see it's source and was greeted with bright blue eyes belonging to an incredibly hansome man.

"Uh…thank you." She stammered.

"What is your name?" he asked as he handed her the papers.

"Uh…Kagome…" she said warily.

"So, Kagome, you are my woman." He said as if it were the most beautiful thing on the planet.

"WHAT!" she scrambled up and ducked into the building, hopefully she wouldn't see that whacko again.

Inuyasha-------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------

"Inuyasha." Miroku roused Inuyasha from his nap.

"What do you want?" he replied gruffly.

"Mr. Wolf is here to see you." Miroku warned.

"Kouga? Why is that son of a bitch here?" Inuyasha snapped.

"Don't you remember Inuyasha? Your brother called and ask for you to see Kouga for him." Miroku explained with an air of exasperation.

"Why the hell isn't he dealing with that asshole! They probably get along since they are both shit heads!" Inuyasha turned around in his famous pout.

"Huff." Miroku sighed. "Inuyasha do you not remember the incident this morning?" Miroku hoped he would.

"What? Did fluffy get in a car accident?" Inuyasha mocked.

"No, the stock trouble. Remember? The FBI is now all over this company due to a insider trading of some middle man idiot." Miroku said sagely.

"Oh, yeah, that was why dad was so angry this morning. He can be a lot like the ice prince when he wants to. This morning at breakfast he upset my mother and had to comfort her. What an idiot." Inuyasha said half to himself.

"So about Kouga?" Miroku pleaded, he knew that Sango was currently being chewed out by an angry wolf-man and he wished to come to her rescue.

"Send that ass wipe in." Inuyasha pounded his fist like a toddler.

Kagome---------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------

Kagome entered Inuyasha's office and she immediately heard yelling.

"Get out of here you dumb…." Inuyasha said heatedly.

"What's the matter dog breath? Cat got your tongue?" asked an oddly familiar voice. Kagome barged in and opened the door to stop Inuyasha from mauling whoever it was.

"Inuyasha knock it off." She said. She suddenly noticed that the other person was the whacko from before.

"Ah, my woman. How is it you know my woman Inuyasha?" Kouga said angrily.

"*Your* woman?" He said in a growl as he looked to Kagome for some sort of explanation. Kagome could only shake her head.

"Of course. Kagome and I will make strong pups."

"What! No way! I am in NO way your woman!" she slapped Kouga.

"Sheesh, sorry, I didn't know you were this mutt's lover or anything." Kouga said underhandedly.

"GAH!" Kagome and Inuyasha yelled at the same moment.

Sesshoumaru----------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

Sesshoumaru had been dealing with feds, lawyers and his father for almost an hour after he had talked with Rin when the calls finally stopped coming for a while. He sat there grinding his teeth and he looked up, expecting to see Rin bustling about, perhaps she would cheer him up. But she wasn't there. She wasn't in the living room either. Why would she leave?

Sesshoumaru thought, what had been the last thing he said to her? `It's all right Rin! It's not your fault! You're a fucking homeless person and you don't get us into half this much trouble!' came to his mind after a moment.

"Shit…what the hell was I thinking? Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking." He said to himself.

At first he was just going to let her come out later. She would calm down. He read the paper for another half an hour before the guilt crept up again. She had cried over getting everything she ever wanted last night, she had to be crying now…what if she hated him? Who cares if she hates me, his old self fought back. How will you explain to father that Rin will never talk to you again? His sensible self interjected. How will *you* live with it? Said his new annoying side.

Sesshoumaru paced a bit before heading to the hall. He had to see… he went to turn the knob, it was locked. Shit, he thought, now I have to reason through a door.

"Rin, could you open up?" he asked quietly. She didn't hear him, she was sound asleep after crying herself into a deep sleep.

"Rin, can you hear me?" he tried a little louder. He swallowed hard to keep his pride from making him walk away. She started stirring.

"Rin, please open up." He said slightly more desperate. This time it was his new annoying self that he had to swallow, what if she hates you now? It beckoned. She awoke and thought she heard Sesshoumaru's voice. She felt her cheek, which was sticky with tears and quickly about to happen again. Her hair was matted with tossing and turning and she was quite red from hurt.

"Rin…" he said desperately. This time she realized it was quite real. He had been there for a while she realized. She froze, she didn't know what to do.

"Rin…I didn't…" he said slowly. He couldn't believe he was even thinking of apologizing.

"Rin I didn't mean to say that…" he said quickly and quietly. Rin just caught it. She was in shock, he had apologized.

"Rin, please let me in…he banged half-heartedly…….I am……sorry…" he said so very softly if she hadn't been on her way to get the door she would have missed it. She swung the door open and peered at him half hidden by the solid wood of the door.

"Rin…" he said, looking quite distraught, for him at least, Rin thought. He thought Rin looked terrible. Her hair was a mess and her happy brown eyes were full to the brim with hurt. Her cheeks were sticky and red and she looked as if she had done some tossing and turning, her pajama top was unbuttoned so he could see quite a bit of her midriff. He couldn't help but notice how perfectly smooth she looked…

"Sesshoumaru-sama…" she whispered.

"Rin…I didn't mean it…" he explained.

"Just tell me one thing, do you want me to leave you alone and go back to the park?" she asked deathly quiet.

There was a heavy pause as Sesshoumaru thought. Did he want her to leave?

`Yes! Get her out of here she is a distraction!!!' his old self shouted quickly yet somewhat weakly.

`No, she actually has been a bit of help at the office, everyone seems to like her.' Answered his sensible self.

"Of course not! You know you like her! She is the happiest person you ever met and now you're making her sad! You know you love her silliness and that gorgeous smile! Now answer before she gets more upset you baka!' his annoying self said quieter than the rest, yet somehow it resonated.

"No Rin, I wish you to continue to stay." He said quietly. Rin smiled weakly at him and stepped forward and threw a hug about him. At first he went utterly rigid, but after a moment he softened and let her hug him. Her warm hair smelled wonderful, it came up to his chin. He would not return the hug, which was still beyond him, but he laid his chin on her head. She took this as acceptance of her hug and hugged him tighter.

"Okay, let me get cleaned up." She said happily as she let go and walked off to her bathroom. Leaving Sesshoumaru somewhat confused in the hall, had he just let her hug him?

TBC!!!

A/N: Did you like it? I hope so. I almost cried while writing that one bit. (I know I am so lame) Did you catch that picture? I haven't *really* figured out whether that was integral or not…we shall see it just sorta happened. Also did you see that Rin has a plan??? What could it be??