InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Brother...My Son ❯ The Funeral ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kagome knew that this would happen. Her mother had been sick for a while now, the doctors said it was liver failure and they had caught it to late to save her. Kagome knew that her mother would die soon, but it was to soon, thirteen years old and she had lost her best friend...her mother.
"Kagome its starting" Naraku's deep voice boomed from the doorway.
"Im coming daddy" Kagome said,as she straightened out her black dress. It was knee length covered with lace and silk bows, she had on black and white horizontaly striped stockings accompanied by clean black all star converse. She wiped away stary tears as she put on a small smile for her friends and family attending the funeral. Today she promised her self she would be calm,assure everyone here that she was okay and mourning. While at home she would deal with life without her mother and best friend.
"Coming Love?" Naraku asked,holding his arm out to her. Kagome smiled a real smile at her father's pet name for her.
"Yes daddy" She said taking his arm, as he lead her out of the room. The smell of burning incents hit Kagome's nose as they made their way to the funeral hall.
"Ready?" Naraku asked as they came to the door that read 'Sakura Higurashi'.
"As I'll ever be" Kagome said, as Naraku quietly opened the doors.The room was hushed as they saw the two new comers. Everyone stopped to stare, while a group of kids Kagome's age stood.
"My class their here" Kagome said quietly as her and her father walked past the pews and to the coffin. They knelt down on each side of the coffin as the priest began with prayers of the after life.Kagome's mind roamed from the prayers to her classmates in the first three pews. She spotted her cousin and her two best friends Sango and Miroku among other familiar faces. Sitting with her cousin Kikyo and her two best friends were Eri,Ayumi,Yuka three girls who would come over her house sometimes and help when her mom would make cookies for the school bake sale.Kagome's choclate brown eyes searched the pews before they rested on two boys she had never seen before.They had odd silver hair she would of brushed it off as two new skater boys but there was this pulsing feeling in her gut when she stared at them the same feeling she got when she looked at her father only less intense.Kagome was caught off guard when the taller of the two skaters locked gazes with her and she gasped at the intense color of his eyes.She had never seen such beautiful eyes in her life, nor did she remember him from her school. Her father follwed her gaze to the golden eyed young boy.The boy could tell that the girls father didn't like the way his daughter looked at him nor the way he looked at his daughter.
Kagome's dad pulled her to her feet and all but dragged her to where two open seats were in the pews. Kagome ignored his rough tactics and her eyes again searched for the golden eyed boy. She looked in back of her to see if she could see the golden eyed boy, but the church was crowded now and she couldn't see him, maybe he'll show up at the house after the funeral. she thought. Kagome came back to reality and paid attention to the service in hopes that she would see the mystery boy at the gathering that was being held at her house in her mothers honor.Kagome felt someone's hand on her shoulder, it was her friend Sango. Kagome wiped the fresh tears from her eyes.Naraku glanced at Kagome from time to time though out the service.Now that his wife was dead his feelings were begininging to change for his daughter. "And lets have a silent prayer for Sakura Higurashi a devoted wife and mother, a loyal friend and a dry shoulder to cry on" The priest said "Amen".