InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Brother...My Son ❯ Ready or not ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Everyone was inside of the dojo helping Souta train,besides Kaede and Totosai who sat on the side lines taking pictures and video taping it. Souta was now three years old, and Kagome was sixteen.At the moment they were practicing gymnaastics while holding a weapon.
"Isn't it wonderful how much she has changed since she first came here?" Her grandfather said to Kaede.
Forgetting that this was the video they were sending to their other grand daughter Kikyo she answered him truthfully. "Yes her aura is much lighter in color, byt she still is not back to her old self, she dresses in all that dark clothing from that hot topic store and Souta seems to mimick his mother fashion wise"
"I know but she no longer seems to fear Naraku, his letters have stopped coming, I just want her and Souta to have a good life." Totosai said to his wife.
"I think she is ready to return home" Kaede said to her husband.
"I do too, we will talk to her about tonight at dinner." Totosai said to her.
They watched as Souta mimicked his mother,his aunt and his uncle by doing numerous back flips while holding his kendo stick.
"Pretty good" Azari said "Okay now lets see if you can dodge our attacks with gymnastics while still holding your weapon"
Kagome decided to take a break while she watched Souta dodge theattacks from Azari. Kagome had a smile on her face. she was hqappy , she really hadn't been since she had moved here, with her so called father always writting her, she would continue to have nightmares, not of the first time when he raped her. But him raping her now that she was older. But the nightmares stopped a few months ago, when Naraku stopped writing her.
"Blades of hell" Azari screamed sending puple discs towards Souta, he did 3 back flips dodging all but two blades, he had mis counted and now the blades were coming towards him.
"Souta" Kagome screamed,She was about to run and take her sons place when he did a cart wheel sending both blades into the wall.Kagome stood there in shock, she hadn't known he could do that. Souta then stood up straight and looked at his mom. "I'm okay Mommy." he said.Azari was scared as well, she looked at where the discs had hit the wall there was now a large whole she didn't mean to send that much energy with them she wasn't paying attention and if he wasn't as smart as Kagome he could have been killed or seriously injured.
Ryhou ran a hand through his hair, "Maybe we should stop here for the day." He said to no one in particular.
"Yes my child I think you are right" Kaede said.
Kagome picked up Souta and checked to see if he was alright, once she made sure there were no scratches on him she carried him out of the dojo.
"Do you think she hates me?" Azari asked the ones who were left in the dojo.
"No, she was just scared that he was in danger." Kaede assured her as they all walked out the dojo. Azari hoped what she said was true.In demon terms, Kagome had every right to kill Azari or enslave her for putting her pup in danger when her job was to teach him how to protect him self.
Kagome finally put Souta down, "I'm fine Mama." Souta assured her. Kagome looked at her son."I know I just worry about you" she said as she took his clothes off, so he could shower and change for dinner.
Kagome went over to the shower and turned on the water,making sure the temperature was fine. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you?''
Souta rolled his eyes, "I'm a big boy mama." he told her.Kagome left to the bathroom on the next floor to wash up for dinner, Ryuho and Azari were staying for dinner and then Azari was staying all night.Kaede got started on dinner as the others showered from their long battle in the dojo. Ryuho was worried about Azari he knew that she would bring up the demon code over dinner to Kagome and he had no idea how Kagome would react.
Kagome finished getting dressed and ane went and checked on Souta, he was dresses as well. "C'mon Souta let's get something to eat." she said.
Everyone was now in the dining room seated,the camera was rolling as they waited for the food to be served. Azari was waiting to bring up the demon code,it was in her honor even if Kagome chose death she would not harm her friend.
Dinner was served, everyone began to eat but Azari. "Kagome I'm sorry about this afternoon in the dojo."
"Its alright no one got hurt" Kagome said smiling.
"Kagome you don't understand in demon code you must punish me" Azari said "I almost cost your son,your only heir his life you must punish me in my honor I can not live unless you have forgiven me in the demon way"
"Azari I will not enslave you or kill you it was an honest mistake." Kagome told her.
"Kagome you must punish me" Azari said "Or else"
"Or else what?" Kagome asked.
"I must kill my self to restore my honor and my familys honor" Azari said.
"Then I Kagome Higurashi enslave thee Azari Tashio to be my honest,loyal and true friend as long as we shall both live and if in death you will promise to take care of my son"
Azari smiled, at her best friend. As dinner continued Kaede spoke. "i'm gald that is setteled now I have something to say. Kagome I have been watching you over these past few years, and I think that you're mature enough and ready to return home."
"Home?" Kagome questioned. "I would love to go home,I miss my friends so much but what about training?"
"Your training is complete, and Souta's is as well it's time for you to return, you were brought here orginally to get over the trauma that you had gone through . and you said yourself you no longer fear him." Her grandma reminded her.
"I just don't know if they will accept me maybe they have replaced me?" Kagome said "I mean im just a 16 year old girl with a three year old son,Im a junior in high school and soon I'll be a senior while they are going into the real world im already there"
"I beleive your friends will accept you, they love you Kagome have faith trust in your heart." she told her.
"Yes mam" Kagome said "I will move back as soon as my junior year is over and Azari and her family are ready to move back as well"
"Good girl,you may barrow my car to drop off the pictures and the video" Kaede said.
Ryuho helped clear the table, "Well I'll be going" he said as he kissed Azari on the lips. "I'll see you guys tomorrow." he told them.
"Do you need a ride?" Kagome asked "Were going that way to mail this" she said as she put the pictures in an envelope along with the tape she put a stamp on it and wrote out the address.
"Not really but since you offered sure"he said.
" I'm gonna leave Souta here with you guys."Kagome said as she took the keys from her grandma.
"Thats fine dear" Kaede said "It scares me with you being a new driver and out at night,it calms me to know my grandson is not with you as well" Kagome handed Ryuho the envelope and the tape and grabbed Azari by the hand and the three teens headed out the door. Kagome got into the drivers seat and Azari sat in the passenger while Ryuho sat in the back next to Souta's car seat.
"So your moving back Kags, Azari you know your brothers are not going to like the sound of you coming." Ryuho said.
"Well I wont have to face them alone if you move with me" Azari said.
"Sure why not I don't think my parent's will mind." he said as Kagome parked in front of the post office.
"Ryuho do you think you can run in and drop it off?" Kagome asked him.Ryuho took the package and got out of the car and went inside the post office to mail the letter and tape.
"So do you think he's the one?" Kagome asked her.
"What do you mean?" Azari asked.
"Is he the one you want to spend the rest of your life with?" Kagome asked.
"Oh you mean as in mates" Azari said "Im not sure but when we move to tokyo I'll find out,my father and my brothers must approve of him first" they stopped talking as they saw Ryuho come towards the car.
"You owe me $2.60 for mailing that" Ryuho said.
"I think we're even seeing as you eat at our house pratically every night." Kagome told her.
"And she is driving you home" Azari added.Ryuho grumbled to himself ,females sticking up for each other. Kagome drove off speeding to Ryuho's place.
"Check with your parents about moving" Kagome said,as they came to his house.
"Yeah sure, I'm not a baby." he said as he got out the car closing the door behind him.
"Yes you are" Azari said "Your my baby"
"Shh, that's for when we're alone." he said.
"Don't worry" Kagome said "I know more about your alls sex life than you do"
"Azari, do you tell her everything, geez., I have to go see you guys tomorrow." he said and kissed Azari before going into the house.
Kagome beeped the horn signalling Ryuho's arrival to his parents as she sped off. "Since school is almost over Im gonnna start packing tonight we only have half a year left I plan on moving back during the summer" Kagome said.
"I'll help ya" azari said "I'll call my mom and tell her to get the servants packing tonight" Kagome drove back to the shrine her grandparents were now upstairs with Souta, they had just put him to bed.The two teenaged girls walked upstairs to kagomes bedroom,they opened the closet and took out all of the boxes they had been collecting over the years for her parting again. As Azari began packing Kagome went to Soutas room to kiss him good night. Kagome looked at Souta, as he slept, he looked like Naraku, she just prayed as he got older that he didn't turn out like him.
She walked over to her son and stood by the side of his bed, she fixed his covers and kissed his forehead. "Good night I love you Souta" She whispered.She then left the room and went back into hers to help Azari with the packing.
"Azari?" Kagome asked.
"What is it Kagome?" she asked as she packed some pictures away,and some books.
"Do you think"Kagome started but stopped mid sentence.
"Do I think what Kagome?" she asked her.
"That Souta and I could stay with you and your mom until I saved up enough money to get my own place or until you and I and the others got are own college house"
"Sure, Kagome I thought it was somethinmg really important you don't even have to ask your like family." she told her.Kagome smiled and hugged the older girl.