InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Brother...My Son ❯ Oops ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was the day of the full moon,and the ceremonies would begin in a few short hours. Kaede and Totosai were in the backyard with the maids and servants preparing for the closely approaching event.Everyone else were in there designated rooms getting dressed.The girls,Ayame,Kirara and Kiroro included were in Azari's room, while the boys Koga,Hakaku and Ginta included were in Ryuho's room.The adults were already dressed and waiting for the sun to set and the moon to take its place.

Kagome was a little nervous so much was about to change, she wished her mom was still alive to see her and guide her through all of this. "Kagome are you ok?" Kikyo asked .

"Yeah I just wish my mom was still living." Kagome said.




Kaede and Totosai were putting on the finishing touches with the help of the seven or so servants and maids. They had picked a spot where the moon would show clearly, seeing that there were few trees and the weather channel promised clear skies.There were a few lights here and there but to many.The symbols of the two houses and the second house of the west and their flags were flying in the light breeze on their newly impaled poles into the fresh earth. They had made sure that the spot they choose was on concrete, for the guest chairs and the cirlcles that would need to be drawn by Kikyo and Kagome. Kaede had also put the red and white unscented candles,the silver dagger,the dog demon lighter and the white chalk that had the sun and moon engraved in it on the table and covered the said items with a black cloth.

Kagome, Kikyo, Sango, Ayame, Kirara, Kiroro,Rin and Azari walked out of the bedroom and began their walk down the many steps. "So how do you think the boys are fairing?" Ayame asked her new friends.




While Inuyasha, Miroku, Sesshoumaru, Ryuho , Souta,Kohaku,Koga,Hakaku,Ginta and Shippo were getting ready for the cermony a certain red headed kitsune wasn't in too good of a mood, why was his new mother adopting him, was this the only way that she could love him if they did this cermony, and even after the ceremony would he truly be accepted. Sesshoumaru and all of them were royalty, where he wasn't.

They had all finished dressing and put on their cloaks, all besides those who weren'r apart of the ceremony(s). Kohaku and Souta approached Shippo, ignoring his scent.

"Hey Shippo let's play." Souta said as he touched his older brothers arm. Shippo pushed Souta's arm off of him.

"What's wrong with you?" Kohaku asked him.

"No I 'm not in the mood." he growled as he stood up and walked away from the two.

Sesshomaru watched Shippo walk away from the others, much like he did when he was younger to Inuyasha. He heard what was said and knew thats how he had felt when Izayo had wanted to adopt him and eventually she did.

Sesshoumaru follwed Shippo out into the hall and saw the young kitsune, Shippo was sad he wasn't sure of anything he was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't notice Sesshoumaru sitting down on the floor next to him till he spoke.

"I understand what you're going through." Sesshoumaru said to him.

"No you don't..." Shippo growled "Your life is perfect...you have parents...you have money...you have a future...you have Rin...you have no clue what its like to be me"

"I may have money and Rin as you say, but I didn't always care about Inuyasha or for that matter my other mom, I felt that if I accepted my new family I would be in some way betraying my mom and sister, and in your case I'm guessing that even though your mom and dad treated you wrong you still care about them, and you feel that by accepting Kagome as your mom, you'll be betraying your birth parents." Sesshoumaru told him.

Shippo looked at him, "But what if Kagome feels she doesn't want me after all of this is over?" Shippo asked him.

"I do not know Kagome" Sesshomaru said. "But from what I know...she is kind...caring...and seems to adore you...her aura is pure....her scent is as well..."

Shippo nodded his head. "I guess I should go and apologize to Souta and Kohkau." Shippo said as he got up off the floor. Sesshoumaru nodded his head. "Oh and don't worry Sesshoumaru I won't tell anyone that you're nice." Shippo said and left to go and find Kohkau and Souta.




Tsuki watched her mate with his new mate/wife her heart throbbed, and her beast roared in her mind. She couldn't stop loving him, she wanted, she needed him.

Inutashio turned his head slightly and saw his old mate watching him. He smiled nicely at her before turning his attention back to Izayo.How Tsuki wanted to take him, it was within her right after all, he was her's first.Tsuki looked away when she smelt Totosai coming, if she stared any longer she would surely cry.




Kaede looked at eveything that was on the table, she was sure she was forgetting someting, they had the lighter, the candles, the silver dagger. the flags from each house, then she remeberd that the insenses were missing. "Totosai dear could you go back inside and get the insense for the adoption cermony?" she asked her mate.

"Of Course dear." He said and went back in the house to get them.




"Tsuki-sama" Totosai said bowing, "My mate requests insense for the adoption ceremony"

Tsuki, smiled. "Yes Totosai-sama , I believe that the insense is in the dinning room." she told him.

Tsuki led him to the said room and pointed out the different kinds of insense next to her burners. Totosai looked at the different kinds and decided on dragons blood,jasmine,and cocoa.

"Thank you, Tsuki-sama." Totosai bowed his head and took the insense back out and gave them to Kaede.

"Thank you dear, now all that is needed is The children." Kaede said.

"And for us to drop are spells" Totosai said.

Kagome, Sango, Kikyo, Rin, Ayame, Kirara, Kiroro and Azari made their way into the back. "Wow everything is so beautiful." Kagome said.

"It is indeed. Azari said.

"Are you nervous Kags?" Sango asked her.

"Well yeah kinda but I'm more scared than anything" Kagome said.

"What do you fear" Sango asked.

"Shippo" Kagome said "What if he gets taken away....what if he hates me...what if..."

"What if the world was to end, there's no certainy in life , but I do believe that Shippo loves you, and if anyone tries to take him form you, they'll have to deal with me." Sango said and hugged her.




It was getting darker now, the sun was gone but five minutes or so ago and now the guests were seated and the two packs were on opposing sides, they would do the adoption ceremony first.Kagome's ears kept twitching and her nose itched, her senses were telling her something but she didn't know what.She had the feeling to look up and into the trees but she didn't.
"Kikyo and Kagome step foraward and draw the circles it is almost time to begin" A now demon Kaede spoke,she had thinned out greatly and now she was barely considered thick,the years of a human had disappeared and in its place was a much younger woman, she had black ears atop her head,on her face were two yellow gold stripes, and in the middle of her forehead was a yellowish gold star her black fluffy tail swished back and forth.She had piercing blue eyes and her had changed from a silvery grey brown mixture, to light black locks down her back in a long braid. She wore miko grabs much like Kikyo and Kagome's, it panged Kagome to see her this way, the way her mother looked in the memory she had earlier,they were both beautiful, and she almost hated her grandmother for looking like her mother. Totosai was in his demon from as well, he stood up straight his back no longer hunched,he was taller and his build was much younger and stronger, Kagome could see the visible muscles her grandfather had,he had black ears atop his head,he wore his tail over his shoulder, his eyes were a duller blue almost green,he was handsome.




As everyone began to gather round a man sat in the trees above he sat on a sturdy branch, he had long silky black hair, he looked down at his daughter and niece. He was a demon a black Inu demon he had a black tail that was wrapped around his shoulder. His ears sat atop his head they twitched back and forth as they listened to the sound of Kagome's voice. How he wanted to jump down from that tree and talk to her, but he couldn't for now there was still a threat out there that had to be taken care of.

A panther like black inu jumped on the branch next to his own, he spoke in the old language. "Lord Kawa your brother needs your assistance" The dog barked.

Lord Kawa sighed he had wanted to see the cermony. "I will be back Kagome." her father said and took off with the panther demon.




"Grandma" Kagome said stepping forward with Kikyo "What do you want us to do?"
She handed them both a piece of chalk "Draw three circles, you draw one and Kikyo draws one and you both draw the third one in a triangular shape, big enough for Kagome and her sons to stand in" Kaede instructed.

Kagome took the chalk and and bent down and began drawing the first circle. The first circle was very big, when she was done. Kikyo was next to draw a circle right next to Kagome's. Then both Kikyo and Kagome drew the last one in a triangular shape. When they were done they stood up facing their grandma.

Thier hoods never falling for fear of messing up the pack ceremony. "Now" Kaede said "Take your place in the larger circle Kagome and your sons, may stand on either side of you as they choose" Kagome and her sons stepped into the circles and Kaede went about outlining the circles with the red and white candles.

Kaede lit the candles, and then hannded Kagome the dagger, "What is this for?" Kagome asked her.

"This is for you to cut a lock of your hair as well as your two sons." her grandma told her. Kagome first cut a lock of hair, then she bent down to Souta and cut a lock of his, he didn't seemed to please about that. Then Kagome walked over to Shippo and did the same minding the small flames. Shippo just looked at her after that was done Kagome looked to her grandma for more instrudtions.

"Next braid the hairs together so they will be as one." Kaede said.

Kagome did as she was told, after she braided the hairsshe held it in her hand. "Now before we continue take the dagger and and cut your wrist as well as Souta's and Shippos'." she told her.

Kagome once again bent down to Souta cutting his wrist , then Shippo's and then her own. "Now what?" Kagome asked Kaede.

"You must hold hands as I chant make sure that your bleedings wrists touch the bleeding wrists of your sons" Kaede said lighting the insenses she was handed from her mate. (There is a total of 6 slit wrists)

Kagome's wrists each touched one of her sons, as Shippo's and Souta's touched each others. As Kaede lit the insenses she began the chant, the chanting was in the old language only the elders were familar with. Kagome heard barking and what sounded like the yips of pups as Kaede moved around them.

Kagome watched as her sons changed, Shippo grew taller, his feet and hands turned more humanoid, along with his tail which grew longer and fluffier, the markings of his face changed to the dominant heir of the east, while Souta's changed to second in command, strands of black hair appeared in Shippo's orangeish red mane and tail, Souta's hair and tail was streaked with red hair as was Kagome's,Kagome couldn't tell what was changing of her but at the moment she was just glad they they were now a family. Kagome looked around her it was now offical Shippo was a part of her family. Now it was time for her and her two sons to join their pack.

Kaede and Totosai took their seats, as Azari and Sesshomaru stepped forward. They circled each other growling and snarling as they dropped their hoods and discarded the said items.

"After all these years I finally get to bite you, fluffy, this is payback for how you embarassed me whan I was little." Azari said as she walked towards Sesshoumaru.Sesshoumaru smirked as Azari tilted her neck to the right side. Sesshoumaru's fangs elongated and he bit into her neck after it was completed, it was Azari's turn.She bit into his neck hurting him some, doing it on purpose. When it was completed Azari and Sesshoumaru wiped their mouths.

"I thought my teeth were gonna freeze their for a second" Azari said, as she walked towards her own pack to claim them first.Azari circled her friends growling and snarling as they bared their necks to her, their right sides facing her for easy access. Sesshomaru watched waiting for his sister to finish up with her pack for he could take them in as well.

Azari bit Shippo first, he let out a yelp as her fangs bit into his neck, next was Souta, he tried to act brave but Azari could smell some fear raditing off of him in small waves. Then she stood in front of her sister and bestfriend Kagome.

"I'll try not to hurt you." Azari assured her. Kagome nodded her head. Azari bit in to Kagome's neck, she took her time as so not to hurt her, when she was done the two smiled at each other.

Last was her beloved Ryhou. Azari nuzzled his next, "Don't worry next time when we mate I will bare your mark"She said as she bit into his neck, she now had her own pack. Azari then went to the other side, Kagome could hear her snarling and the yelps of the first bite as Sesshomaru walked towards them. He snarled as he approached Ryuho demanding dominance.Ryuho growled low in his throat before submitting and baring his neck to Sesshomaru.

Sesshoumaru bit into Ryuho's neck, Sesshoumaru then moved on to the two kids, and bit into their necks, that only left Kagome who was getting nervous.

''I can do this, I can do this" She chanted in her head as Sesshomaru now stood in front of her.

He smirked and her belly did flip flops,a heat started to pool in her lower regions as she watched him lick the blood off of his fangs. "Take him" A voice in her head said "He wants us...take him"

Kagome looked at him her demon side taking over. Sesshoumaru could smell her scent, insted of it being a rose scent it was mixed with her arousal, his demon was pleased that she wanted him. Sesshoumaru bit into her neck as she did Kagome somehow bit into his neck as well.

Kagome's eyes were red as she backed away from him she saw the blood and tasted it in her mouth she then saw the shocked look on Sesshomaru's face he two had blood on his fangs.Sesshomaru looked at her, Kagome didn't know what to say so she ran away from them.

"What did I do!?" she yelled to herself as she ran in the house.Azari had finished biting the last person,Kohaku when she saw what happened. She ran after Kagome growling at her to stop and talk to her.

Kagome stopped and turned to Azari. "Kagome it's okay it was an accident you don't have to run, My brother knows that." she told her.

"I....I...bit him...I marked him....were mates" Kagome cried.