InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko 2: The Fox and the Dog ❯ Aiko and Kurama ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Emiko sat in Keade’s hut with her legs crossed, and her eyes closed. Her now large belly rested on her lap. Once done meditating, she proceeded towards the door. As soon as she was outside, a voice called "What do you think your doing?"

Emiko turned around to face an InuHanyou in a fire rat red kimono. He had the same white ears and hair Emiko had, and a tattered looking sword at his side. A rosary hung around his neck, and his golden eyes stood out most of all.

"Daddy," Emiko whined "I can't stand sitting around here all day! It's boring! I need excitement...a thrill...a nice hunt at the least seeing as you took my Kwan dao away!"
"No," Inuyasha replied sternly "Not in your condition."

"Dad, it's ok for me to walk outside! Why are you acting like I have 3 days to live or something?"

"There are lots of dangers! You know the jewel is here, and youkai will stop at nothing to get to it! I'm not letting them get anywhere near you, and that's final."

"You know what dad? Your right. I don't I look like a sitting duck inside of the of the same hut all day. No one would ever thing about lighting it on fire, or smashing it, or just blowing it up!" Emiko pressed on sarcastically.

"Very funny. Get back inside anyway. It's going to be dark soon, and it's getting cold."

"Brr." she said sarcastically. Refusing to give up, she pressed on "You do know that tonight's the new moon, right?"

"Yea, and?" he said, clearly not wanting to be reminded.

"And, I think I should be able to get out a little bit. I'm going to die if I stay locked up!" she argued.

"Don't even joke like that." Huyana came almost out of nowhere.

"Well I'm going to" she pouted

"No your not." He walked over to her and kissed her on the forehead "How about tomorrow morning? The sun is setting and you turn human tonight-" Huyana stopped there. He took a whiff of the air and growled. "Get in the hut, now!" he commanded. Emiko took a quick whiff and got inside quickly.

"Sesshomaru..." Inuyasha snarled.

"Why little brother, how are you?" Sesshomaru asked coolly, clearly not caring. He seemed to have appeared out of nowhere from the tree line.

"Cut the crap Sesshomaru, what do you want?" Inuyasha growled and grabbed Tetsuiga.

"To speak to Emiko, but she's not in a good state." He said, and turned and left.

"Get back here and fight you coward!" Inuyasha yelled after him. A scream was heard from he hut. Out of instinct, Huyana and Inuyasha ran towards the hut. They were stopped by a Taiyijin at the door.

"You can't come in." Sango said.

"Why the hell not?" Inuyasha replied angrily. The scent of sweat and blood filled the air.

"Emiko's in labor?" Huyana said more to himself.

"Yes." Sango replied, "You 2 are to wait out here. Miroku and Shippo are getting herbs for Kaede. They should be back shortly." Sango walked back inside the hut, leaving a stressed Kitsune and worried hanyou outside.

Over the next 5 minuets, more screams emitted from the hut. The sun had completely set over the horizon, and the last few rays died away. Inuyasha's hair turned black, his eyes dimmed to brown, his ears sunk to the sides of his head, and his fangs and claws dulled.

The screams from the hut that were once controlled and strained were now shrill and full of pain.

In the Hut

Emiko had another contraction. Since she was part demon, she was able to scream only half of what she felt. But since she turned human, she couldn't hold back. Emiko was shocked by her sudden labor. She wasn't supposed to give birth for another 4 days. "Push" Kaede told her. Emiko squeezed Kagome's already blue hand, and blacked out.

When Emiko awoke, she was laying against someone’s strong chest. She breathed in the scent; it was Huyana. She opened her eyes to see that he was holding a small bundle in his arms.

"You did so well." Huyana said when he saw her awake. Emiko smiled when Huyana told her it was a girl. She took the child into her arms and a tear slid down her face. She had white dog-ears on her head, golden eyes, and her mother white fluffy tail.

"You need to name her." Huyana said softly.

"Aiko...her name is Aiko, from my story." Emiko said. She heard crying from outside and she instantly sat up, holding Aiko close to her.

"Calm yourself," Huyana told his mate "its just Kurama, after my father."

Kagome and Inuyasha walked in just then. Kagome was holding Kurama in her arms. Inuyasha walked over to his daughter and kissed her forehead (KAWAII!!). "You did so good" he complimented.

"You sure did. He has a death grip, and you can see poor Shippos finger for proof." Kagome chuckled. Emiko laughed as she looked at her son. She was proud to say that he had her eyes. His ears were large like his fathers, and he had a tail like him too.

A cool breeze blew into the hut. Huyana began to growl, making his chest vibrate slightly.

"What is it?" she asked him. She was still human, so she couldn't smell the scents carried by the wind.

"Nothing, don't you worry yourself. You, Kagome, and Inuyasha are to stay here, understood?" he said sternly.

"What's he talking about?" Kagome asked.

"I don't know, but I hate it when he treats me like a kid." Emiko complained.

"Your still weak." Inuyasha told her "your in no condition to defend yourself." Emiko huffed in defeat. Inuyasha was right, she had more than 1 life to care for now. She was going to have to stay as far away from danger as possible. 'Aw, no fun' she thought. At that moment, Sango and Miroku along with Shippo walked into the hut.

"Where is Huyana off to in such a hurry?" the demon slayer asked.

"I'm not sure." Emiko replied, putting her 2 sleeping children next to her so she could sit up.

"He told us to guard you guys until he comes back." Shippo informed.

With Huyana

Huyana followed the scent in his silvery fox form, until he came upon his target.

"How is she?" the voice asked, his face half covered by shadow.

"Why do you care?" Huyana asked, transforming back into his humanoid form.

"She's family to me. And she's the only family with the right mind to mate with another demon. Just because I hated her father doesn’t mean I don't care for her."

"You didn't show much care when you captured her!"

"That was long ago. I didn't know who she was."

"I don't care! You shouldn't put other lives in danger because of a feud over some sword!"

"That was long ago. We have come to a truce and I intend to keep it. As far as my niece goes, I promised to protect her." Huyana considered this for a second. "Fine, but I'm warning you, you better not be tricking us. Because I have no problem in killing you Sesshomaru." The dog lord and Fox prince nodded in agreement, and turned to walk away, when Huyana said "By the way, thank you for healing her."