InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko 2: The Fox and the Dog ❯ Lord Rakanu and Rin ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Emiko awoke that morning fully expecting Huyana to not be there. She had expected him to be off doing whatever princes do. She shifted in her sleep, trying to find the spot he slept in to sleep in the warmth, but someone was in it. Not wanting to open her eyes, she took a quick whiff and knew that Huyana was there. By the sound of his breath, he wasn't fully asleep. As Emiko sniffed the room, she had noticed other smells in the room...sweat...and hormones...both male and female...and...blood? This made Emiko fully awake and her eyes shot opened wildly as she sat up. The action startled her mate, who was immediately awake.

"Emiko, what's wrong?" he asked groggily. She looked at him and nearly fell in love all over again. The window was behind him, and the still rising sun shined just right, giving his silver hair an angelic glow. His naked well-toned chest had a tiny shadow under each rippled muscle from lack of light, almost making her lick her lips. His broad shoulders divided a section of his silver, almost ghostly white hair over his shoulder, creating a veil over one side of his rock hard chest. His mouth was twisted in a small-amused smirk, and even thought his bangs shadowed his eyes, they shined through as bright as the sun itself. Emiko was lost in those eyes...they were the eyes she would see every time the shadows of her past threaten to consume her...they were the eyes that were so gentle, but confident and dominate...they were the eyes that she lost her heart to. "Emiko..." his voice called out to her, breaking her trance, and pulling out her playful side. But for some strange reason, her body felt exhausted and flimsy. 'What happened?' she thought to herself. She went straight to sleep last night; why would she feel so dam tired?

Huyana was startled awake by Emiko shooting up from her position in her arms. Immediately thinking something was wrong, he sat up, looked around, and looked toward her. "Emiko, what's wrong?" he asked her. She looked at him with a rather ditzy look that didn't fit her at all. He smiled at that and then felt as if Emiko was looking through him instead of at him. Thinking she could've had another dream like before, he tried to catch her attention. 'Kagome removed her roasary though...' he thought. "Emiko..." he said. He watched the deep blue eyes that first captured his heart. He had always felt like her eyes were lakes...a large clear lake at night under the full moon. It held so many dark secrets that gave it both a dark beauty, but still demanded respect for it's danger, and a white shimmer on the surface, that gave it a peaceful look.

He watched them closely and saw a few emotions ripple their way to the surface. First, there was a bit of surprise, then a playful passion, then confusion and weariness. Although she snapped out of her trance, she took a second to long to answer her question. So, he pounced on her playfully, causing her to gasp. He was now straddling her hips with his and had his hands on her arms at her sides. It was only then that Emiko realized their lack of dress.

"What are you doing?" Emiko asked. She could see could see the need for sleep in his eyes, and was still confused herself a little. Huyana raised a slender eyebrow and gave her a quick kiss.

"I'm hurt...You truly don't remember last night?" he asked from his position on top of her.

"Well, uh, no.." she said, feeling almost concerned...she did have a bad memory yes, but this was ridiculous!

"Well, I don't totally either." he said truthfully, tearing his eyes away from hers and looking at the spot next to her head. Emiko nearly sweat dropped.

"And here you are making me feel guilty." she said darkly

"I remember the beginning!" he defended "I think it started something like this..." he said. Huyana trailed kisses all down Emiko's neck until he reached the one spot that got her every time, her jugular. Emiko put her head back more and moaned, showing complete trust and submission to her mate. She got aggravated at the fact that her body was still tired and achy.

"Huyana...you have to...stop..." she panted out. Huyana growled 'if she can still speak, then I need to work faster' he thought

"What for?" he asked half heartedly, kissing her shoulders and collar bone to change her mind.

"Because...if this is how then night started...then I know why I'm still tired..." he stopped. Emiko's youkai side growled in disappointment, while her miko side was happy to be able to think straight again. Huyana gave her a cocky smirk before rolling off her. "Besides, wasn't I full youkai last night? That would explain no memory of anything..."

"And how long you lasted..." he mumbled to himself. With dog ears, she caught it, but said:

"Huh?"

"Nothing..." he said, trying to remain innocent. Emiko narrowed her eyes at him.

"That explains the hormones in the room, and sweat. But why blood? I'm not bleeding." Without even sniffing, Huyana answered her.

"You were full youkai, which pushed me to my edge to turn also. Not only do youkai get violent while mating, but they heal quickly also."

"But they still have no memory of what happened?" Emiko asked as she wrapped the sheet of the bed around herself and sat up.

"Yep...sucks though." Huyana looked at her and smiled at her modesty. He snaked his hand over to the sheet to pull it off her, but her large, fluffy, golden-retriever-like (except for the color) tail swatted it away.

"It's not like I haven't seen your body before...why so shy?" he asked playfully.

"You would walk around naked?" She asked standing up with a raised eyebrow. Half of the sheets were still on the bed.

"It's my room.” he said simply, putting his hands behind his head and smirking at her. But she gave a smirk of her own.

"Well, okay then." she reached behind her with a clawed hand and yanked the rest of the sheets off the bed, leaving the not-smirking-anymore fox lying on the bed as naked as the day he was born. Emiko burst out laughing seeing as it was chilly when you're not in the sun this morning. She ran to the bathroom with the sheet still wrapped around her since Huyana's glare promised her punishment. She didn't mind, it's not like it wasn't anything she wouldn't enjoy.

Huyana got up and grabbed the second sheet that was tossed aside in the corner carelessly. He walked back over to bed, putting the sheet over him and wanting a few minutes rest more. But as soon as he closed his eyes, he smirked. The image of Emiko in nothing but a silk sheet to cover her body, ruffled up hair, and a dead sexy sly grin on her face. The sheet clutched her body in all the right places, teasing, but it covered her loosely at the bottom, making his youkai want to do nothing more but to pull it off her and have her under him once again.

Emiko stepped out the bathroom with a kimono that was a hard decision between baby blue and lavender. Black butterflies were placed randomly on it, and it was the opposite for her obi. She walked over to the bed silently and lend over Huyana. She breathed a gentle breath on his neck and whispered, "You've got to get up". Huyana opened his eye and looked at her, "You just told me you are still tired, but yet you still tempt me." Emiko smirked.

"Yep. But really you've got to get up sometime soon." she said, as she walked out of the room into the hallway.

Emiko had no idea where she was going. She merely walked wherever her feet would carry her. She wasn't really hungry, and she was refreshed from her bath. She decided to go find Huyana in a little while so they weren't late for breakfast. As she turned down another snake like hallway, the scent of flowers hit her. She smiled as she came to large oak doors and opened them cautiously. The sight she came upon was magnificent. The gardens glowed in all its glory to welcome her. The grass was about up to her ankles, and was soft and fluffy. The blades bowed to the mercy of the wind, making rows of white light fly through. There was 1 very large oak tree that stood tall with all its might, and small willow trees that had branches hanging down to the ground. Flowers were almost like lights as the sun hit them.

As she walked into the garden, she noticed a few eyes on her. Looking around swiftly and alert, she saw that there was a gray fox staring at her intently. She took a whiff of the wind and smelled not one fox, but 4. Three little heads popped up under the fox's stomach, filling the gap between her front legs and back ones. Emiko smiled, it was a mother and her cubs. Emiko turned away from them, not wanting to scare them off since they were here first. She leaned against the oak tree in the shadows and closed her eyes, listening only to the willow branches and grass swish in the wind.

It had only been a few minuets -in Emiko's mind anyway- when she felt another presence. Startled, she opened her eyes to look into reddish brown eyes and a gray face. She had to refrain herself from screaming out. The intruder jumped away from her a few feet and stared at her. Emiko smiled; I was the mother fox. She must've come to investigate her when she was sleeping. Behind the mother, the 3 cubs appeared. Emiko smiled again, they were so cute! AND FLUFFY! She tilted her head to the side for a second and reached out her hand.

"I won't hurt you..." she whispered to the family. The mother came first to sniff her again, her ears plastered down to her head and her sharp eyes boring into Emiko's face. Gently, she licked her finger. Emiko patted her hand to the fox's head, and beckoned the young kits to come along also. When they came, the runt of the litter nipped her finger.

"Ow you little jerk" she mumbled while waving her finger.

'Sorry about her, she was always like that...' came a smooth, wise female voice in her head. Emiko looked around. Was she going crazy? She was in a magic garden after all...did she get stung by something? Did she inhale something? 'I'm over here...I guess you don't know much about foxes, huh?' Emiko looked over to the mother fox that was looking at her with one of those fox smirks.

"Who are you?" Emiko asked, tense and ready to bolt if anything happens.

'I am Furu-kitsune. But you can call me Furu.'

"Wait, impossible, Furu-kitsune is dead. She was killed-"

'And resurrected. I have been living for thousands of years...I have seen many generations. I was supposed to die when I was killed by Naraku, but I didn't move on.'

"Why?"

'The fates must have something in store for me. Until I do what needs to be done then I will remain this way.'

"Okay, what do you need to do? Was having kits in the plan to?"

'I do not know exactly what needs to be done. All I know is I must protect these kits. Something is coming for them,'

"That's horrible. They were abandoned?"

'I'm not sure. I can feel that they are not from this world. The oldest two,' she looked to the ones that were bigger, and were wrestling 'seem to be growing fast, like time has speed up. But the youngest one,' she looked to the one who was sitting in the sun alone 'has so much spirit now. You see, she is not completely here somehow, until recently, as in, this morning. This morning she had so much spirit as if she were living for the first time. She had a brother, but from the beginning he was doomed to a terrible fate. He was consumed by darkness and I haven't seen him since.'

"That's so sad...so they are like phantom kits?"

'They were. They seem to be comforted around you. The youngest one would never close her eyes near a stranger, weather demon, human, fox, or anything else. The other two have always been this way.'

"How long have you been with them?"

'A while.' Emiko nodded and turned her attention back to the youngest one. Why was her brother doomed? That's so cruel, so wrong. No child is doomed to a dark life. Every child is born innocent and without sin...'Do not fret over the lost one Emiko...he was never supposed to live if what happened happened.'

"That's not true...his parents didn't try hard enough"

'His mother nearly died trying to save him. She gave her best effort-'

"It obviously wasn't enough." Emiko said quietly. Her instincts as both a dog demon and a mother defended the cub...but for some reason, she couldn't be angry with the mother like she wanted to be. Emiko sighed. "I better get going...Huyana will come looking for me soon."

'Emiko, you cannot tell Huyana about me. I have once purpose, and that does not include saying here permently to socialize...I hope to see you again soon...both of you...' Furu said. Emiko didn't bother to ask what she meant by that. She figured it meant her and Huyana, besides, she hated cryptic talk, it gave her a headache.

Emiko walked up the staircase and was about to turn a corner that she guessed was to her room when she heard a voice.

"I am positive m'lord. She was gone when I got there." Sueng Mina squeaked in obvious fright.

"For your sake you'd better be." the voice was slightly familiar...that, and cold. So cold that it sent chills up her spine. Suddenly, another voice entered her sensitive ears.

"Is there a problem?" it was Huyana's voice. But instead of being warm and bold, it was daring, cold, and emotionless.

"No, just a misunderstanding." the unknown voice said. It wasn't as cold this time. It held some respect, but it sounded almost sarcastic. There was a pause, and then the sound of Suneg Mina's feet scurrying away. Emiko rounded the corner causally to see Huyana and the man having a staring contest. It was then that she finally saw the man for the first time. He had deep brown wavy hair and stunning orange eyes that could pierce the soul and pin it for eternity. He had pointed demon ears, and his hair was swept back away from his face, making his gold strips on his face even more visible.

"Prince Huyana..." he said emotionlessly

"Lord Rakanu..." (Did I say it wrong? sorry, I forgot his name!). Emiko cleared her throat slightly, not wanting to interrupt, but hated to be ignored. Lord Rakanu was the first to see her.

"I suppose this is your mate? Kujintu has told me about you." Rakanu said, walking towards Emiko who stood her ground. She gave a bow in respect.

"It is an honor to meet you my lord. I am Huyana's mate, Emiko."

"Well Emiko, it was very nice meeting you, but I must take my leave. I will see you shortly." he said as he walked away. As he walked, Emiko noticed that his scent had a wild tang to it, one that she couldn't describe. It smelt like he had a very strong scent of citrus, but it was being pushed back for some reason...concealed. It was then that Emiko zoned out, and somehow, the memory of her shielding Huyana with her own body during the battle of Naraku's death came to her head. The reenactment of it caused her eyes to bleed red, and a growl grow from within.

Huyana snapped his attention to Emiko when she began to growl. Her eyes were glazed over and she looked as if she was ready to kill. He watched as she looked towards where Rakanu was rounding the corner at the end of the hall, and tried to follow in a stalking manner. Securing his arm around her waist, he put another around her chest to hold her straight up, and gave her a firm nip on the neck. He didn't expect her to turn back, just to submit to his demand, which was submission. He couldn't have his mate running around killing people that just wouldn't make his mother very happy. Emiko finally calmed enough so he could allow her to walk to their room without him holding her. When they got there, Emiko shook her head out like a dog and rotated her shoulders a bit, trying to loosen up.

"Do you want to tell me what that's about or do I have to walk with you everywhere so you don't attack people?" he asked with his eyebrow raised. Anyone who did not know Huyana the way Emiko did would have thought he was joking, but by his tone of voice, he was far from it.

"I don't really know. He just...triggered something. His smell made me think of Naraku..."

"He doesn't smell a thing like Naraku. Believe me, I come in many close counters with him before I even met you."

"No, you haven't. Naraku sends puppets out to do his dirty work for him, and if you notice, they never smell exactly the same."

"You think he is related to Naraku?"

"I'm not sure. But I know my youkai blood isn't tricked so easily. Maybe he is?" Emiko and Huyana stared a second...Huyana was at the door, and Emiko sitting on the bed. They had no idea what to think.

knock knock knock

A girl waited impatiently for someone to open the door to the Eastern Land Mansion, standing where the Eastern Land Palace had once been. She looked about 18, had waist length silver hair, light pink twin stripes on either cheek, gold eyes, pointed ears, claws, fangs, and a green traveling kimono with sai's planted in in her sash. Mika sighed; Rin was ruler here, along with her husband, Tsume. Tsume was a wolf demon. He was very funny, and fun loving, and a bit of a daydreamer, a perfect match for Rin. Mika loved the couple very much like they were family, but they never answered their door! Getting irritated, she took a step back, threw her head back, and howled long and loud. It took only a second before a demon was at the door. He had tanish brown hair that went down to mid-back, ice blue stripes on his face, pointed ears, radiant brownish green eyes, and a muscular figure. He was all around sexy and rather intimidating, so Mika just pushed by him.

"Took you long enough.” she said as she stepped into the entrance hall and he shut the door. Only when the wind had blown in from the doors being squeezed together did Mika smell it, it was faint, but she smelled it. Tsume was worried, which wasn't like him at all.

"Tsume? Where's Rin?" asked Mika, noticing that her best friend did not come out to greet her. The scent of worry was even heavier now. "Tsume!" Mika demanded.

"She's with the healer. She's been sick lately...she has a new smell...I don't know what it is."

"Is she here?"

"Yes, but you must wait to see her." he said, finally turning around. It was then she noticed that he was wearing training pants, and a shirt that had a triangle sweat stain on the front. 'Must've just thrown it on' she thought.

"Come on," she said, beckoning him forward and walking to the south wing of the mansion. It had to have been her favorite part, the dojo. Tsume walked so silently it was even hard for Mika to hear him. Once they got there she went to the small door in the far corner, which was the changing room. She grabbed a kimono that was just pants and a sleeveless shirt, and a sash and quickly changed. She came back out to find that Tsume had taken of the shirt and tossed it aside, and was now practicing with a katana. She slipped her sai's out of the back of her sash and spun them into a defensive position.

"You ready?" she asked, trying to sound positive and serious at the same time. She wanted him to work out any tension and any blame that he might have. Tsume cared so much about Rin that any time something happened; it was automatically his fault because he wasn't there to stop it from happening. He nodded and accepted her advance by getting in fighting stance. Mika flipped her sai's back so she was holding them by the handle, her middle and index fingers on either side of the middle knife, and got into stance also.

They stayed that way for a second before Tsume used his demonic speed and swayed to Mika's left, making the sand rise in his wake. Mika immedietly lept to the sky and flipped to her left. Tsume came to a stop back in the place that he originally was. He had expected Mika to run away from him. When the dust settled, he looked to see that she was right in front of him. He raised his sword in defense as she came at him with one sai. He had to use his hand to grab her wrist to keep her from stabbing him in his side. Mika took her sai from the deadlock with Tsume's sword. Tsume grabbed her trapped arm more firmly in attempt to keep her still. Mika stepped in front of him and pulled her arm while kicking his feet out from under him, breaking his root. She pointed her sai at his neck as he scrambled to get up. She smirked at him, but he just looked annoyed. His eyes looked rather serious and lordly. Mika growled to herself as he got up. They went back into fighting stance, and this time, Mika made the first move. She came at him with a swipe at his face and another at his stomach. He hopped back as Mika came at him continuously, occasionally blocking with his sword. He then waiting until she was coming from both sides to put his sword in between, making her hands shake from impact, then roundhouse her in the face. She doubled back and staggered with the blow, and quickly turned around to throw her sai directly at him. He dodged it as she came at him again, this time with only one sai, her other lay pointed first into the white sand covered floor. Emiko put her sai back into her sash and Tsume did the same, seething his sword. She came at him again, claws extended. She jumped up at the last second, landing her hands on his shoulders, and let her body's weight and gravity swing her back down so her feet slammed into his chins, knocking his feet out from under him and slamming him on his back. Mika rolled forward to get up as Tsume twisted his legs and swung himself up. He came at her faster then she expected and she barley dodged. She turned around to see him already coming towards her again and locked claws with him. They stayed that way until Mika raised her foot to his chest and did a back flip off it. Tsume managed to keep his balance as they came together again with their demonic speed and began a furious fight of kicks and punches that looked like one big blur.

The dojo door slid open and Rin came in. No longer a child, she was a beautiful woman with long flowing black hair, a slender figure, an orange kimono, and a kind smile. Tsume smelled her immediately and turned to look. Mika gasped silently, Tsume was right, she did smell different. Mika didn't even recognize her scent. A small old human wobbled in after her. She bowed and entered the dojo once Tsume bowed back. As they began to talk, Mika grabbed her abandoned sai and stuffed it in her sash, and ran to talk to Rin.

"Hey Rin!" she said as she hugged her "How are you? Tsume said that you’re sick. Is everything okay?"

"I'm not sure. The healer couldn't find a dam thing wrong with me. I suppose I should go into town?"

"Maybe you should come back to the West with me? Inuyasha can find out what's wrong with you. If not, then we can call Saiyuki. She's a miko, and currently the one holding Kaede's book. I would take you to a hospital, but being that your husbands a demon they might want to test some things." Rin nodded. She knew that the truth was, ever since her mother died in the hospital, she's been touchy about going thier and using medical products. Rin remembered the absolute rage that Mika was in when the hospital wanted to use her mother's body for study and experiments. She was just a claws length away from tearing everyone's head clean off his shoulders. "Good! Then we'll head out tomorrow!"

"Why so soon?" Tsume asked. He obviously did not want Rin to be away from him so soon.

"I know you’re worried about her, but she'll be safe. Do you really think Sesshomaru will let anything happen to her? Besides, you need a break. We'll call if anything happens and I'll have Rin email you, okay?" Mika turned and walked to the closet to change her clothes once more.

"Why was she so weird about that?"

"You know about her mother Tsume..." Rin whispered so quietly that she could barley hear herself. "Come on, I need to pack."