InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko 2: The Fox and the Dog ❯ Fox Family ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Emiko and Huyana got back to Kagome's time with no problems. Inuyasha and Kagome were waiting for them at the lip of the well.

"How did it go?" Kagome asked with a quiet voice.

"Really well...they love the castle...my father is glad to have them..." Emiko's voice was small and her heart was heavy as she walked towards Kagome's house. What if she never saw them again? And then they think that she abandoned them? What if they forgot about her? What if this battle takes so long, that they think that she just didn't want to go back for them? Emiko jumped on Kagome's roof to her favorite spot.

"She must really feel terrible." Kagome said sadly.

"I don't think she's going to forgive herself for it." Huyana confirmed.

"She's a good mother. It's hard to part from your cubs in which she's been with everyday from the day they were born." Inuyasha said with a tinge of pride.

"Maybe the trip to the Southwest will do her some good?" Huyana suggested.

"I think it will." Kagome said. Huyana went up to the roof where Emiko was. He too felt sort of wrong about leaving his pups. After he lost his first mate and son he vowed that if he ever were to mate again (which in the time he doubted) then he would never let them go.

After about 2 hours of recovery they went back to feudal Japan. Their greeting was not the usual one they would get. Sango would normally be glaring at Miroku, chasing him, slapping him, and putting him unconscious. But today, they were sitting in Keade's hut without a word to each other. Shippou also did not rocket into Kagome's arms. He just sat there and smiled up at them while still playing with his tops. Kagome did not have to be demon to sense the sadness in the atmosphere. 'It's going to be so different with out the twins...' Kagome thought as they lie down to sleep. Shippou went into Kagome's arms as usual, and Sango went next to Kagome. Miroku took a seat on the other side of the hut, and Huyana sat next to Emiko with Inuyasha by the door. It only took an hour before everyone was fast asleep, everyone except Emiko and Inuyasha.

"How long will you be staying in the Southwest?" Inuyasha asked. Suddenly now, he felt a deep sadness that Emiko was leaving since the twins already left. He knew they weren't leaving permently, but he still felt like his family is falling apart.

"Well, we have to stay for the wedding, so maybe a week or so. But if anything happens, I still want to know about it." Emiko said with a voice that left no room for argue.

"Fine. We will send Kilala if anything is to happen. Are you sure you want to go?"

"Yes, why don't you want me to?"

"It's not that I don't want you to, it's just that you don't know these people, and Huyana doesn’t seem to like them either. Didn't his mother's soul get sucked into Kanna's mirror?"

"Yes, but when we killed Naraku, Kagura ordered all soul's be released. She's not so bad you know Daddy."

"Keh! Yea right! Do you know how many times she tried to kill us?"

"Now how many times was she free to do what ever she wants, and then tried to kill us?"

"Er..."

"I rest my case."

"You rest what?"

"Never mind." Emiko sighed. She leaned against her father's shoulder, who wrapped his arm around her. Even though she wasn't Kagome, it still felt right to have Emiko in his arms. He loved her so much...now. But he knew she was going to be a hell maker as a kid!

The next morning, Emiko and Huyana left. Emiko hugged Inuyasha tightly and kissed her still sleeping mother's forehead. She kissed Shippou on the head and was still reluctant to kiss Miroku, doubting he was still asleep. Huyana shook hands with Inuyasha after they had a few words. Emiko noticed that her father looked very serious. She knew that face anywhere.

Flashback

Emiko was in her room brushing out her silver locks. She then went to her bed and reached under it, pulling out a large worn book. On the cover, was a picture of the Shikon no Tama. She opened it to a page she book marked and skimmed it one more time. She then closed her eyes and concentrated her miko powers. Her hands cackled with pinkish energy as she concentrated on them.

"Oum nashigan toiushi nona konta" she chanted repeatedly. After 5 times, she looked into her mirror. Staring back at her was her human self, or form anyway. Her teeth were dull along with her nails. Her dog-ears were also gone from her head. Her eyes remained their mysterious deep midnight blue, and her hair was raven like her mothers. She groaned at this. 'Dammit! My hair was supposed to stay silver!'

"Emiko!" her mother called upstairs. Emiko hurried and pushed the book back under her bed. It was a Miko Spell Book that her mother had written by Keade for her. Her father didn't like her using it, but it works when you have a tail. She checked herself over in a mirror. She was wearing a long dark blue skirt that matched her eyes and hugged her hip. Her top cut upwards at the bottom, showing her belly. The straps were thin and it had a V-cut neck. She had on a diamond chocker that her mother lent to her, and combats boots that come up to mid-thigh. (Emiko is 16 just so you know). She quickly reached up to her tall mirror and swung it open. Inside the wall was a collection of small daggers that she brought everywhere. She stuck one in her boot on the side. Because the large slit to about midthigh on her right leg showed the boot, she placed in in the straps where it cannot be seen.

Finally, she descended the stairs and went into her living room at the Higurashi shrine. Her mother and father were sitting on the couch along with someone else. Her mother looked in her early thirties but her father looked in his late twenties. Her mother had a kind look on her face, talking to the young man on the couch while her father wore a scowl. He looked like a dog who's master has company that he didn't like, and was patiently waiting for it's master to leave the room to tear the unwanted visitor apart. Emiko's combat boots kept her entry silent, so she cleared her throat. The young man on the couch looked up. He had black hair that was kept short, and brown eyes. The boy was human, and had no idea that Emiko was youkai. He had asked Emiko to accompany him to a very formal party that was held annually before a large, 2-day, martial arts tournament. Her date, Kienchi, was very good himself at martial arts, but Emiko had to admit that his senses trainer needed to be fired. She made him believe that she dyed her hair, filed her nails, and had sharp teeth when she was born. She always more a bandanna to hid her ears, and ripped it off as soon as she got home to shake her head.

Her father meanwhile, gapped at her with what looked like fury, while her mother looked at her like she was about to cry. Emiko rolled her eyes. HE was going to explode about her reliving outfit and she was going to take pictures for hours.

"Kienchi, I'm going to get something to drink. Would you like anything?" Emiko offered.

"No thank you."

"Okay." Emiko walked casually into the kitchen, and didn't have to wait long for her parents to follow. Her mother put her in a bone-crunching hug with strength she didn't even knew she had. Inuyasha on the the hand...

"You are not going." he said lividly.

"Nani? Outo, onushi yakujouzumi!" (it means : What? Daddy, you promised!)

"Yea, after I smelled his need for you and after I saw that outfit!"

"Daddy, I'm 16! And this is no where near as bad as what the other girls are wearing!"

"I don't care about the other girls. There is no way that I'm letting you get into a car with him alone-"

"His mother is driving us! Mama, help me! I really want to go!"

"Inuyasha, let her go. I think she looks beautiful" Kagome said as she hugged Emiko and kissed the top of her head.

"Do you trust me?" Emiko asked Inuyasha.

"Yes. It's just him-"

"Do you think you've trained me well?"

"Yes, but he-"

"Okay then, matter settled." Emiko said, and walked out the kitchen. Kagome giggled and watched Inuyasha fume. She watched Emiko go back out in the living room. Keinchi stood and linked arms with her. Emiko waved her goodbye as they walked out the door. Inuyasha watched them, and Emiko rolled her eyes as she reached into the buckles on her boot where she carefully hid a dagger sheath to hide the silver blade. She pulled it out just enough to show her father. As she walked off, Kagome watch Inuyasha's face ease at the sight of the weapon. Inuyasha did not like the boy, but he knew Emiko could handle her own.

End Flashback

You ready?" Huyana asked her. Emiko jumped, not seeing hem there in the first place.

"Erm, yea." With their last goodbyes, the fox and dog- hanyou bounded off in the forms of blurs.

Running at demon speed, they reached the castle at around noon. An enormous fox guard at the front gate greeted them. Huyana casually walked up to him and petted his head. The fox walked by him to Emiko and sniffed her mark before letting her in. He licked her face as a sign of acceptance. Emiko walked after Huyana while wiping the fox spit off her face. 'Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew EW!' The castle was beautiful. Emiko knew that fox demons had a specialty with magic and plants, but the front garden was amazing. There were plants of every color, size and shape. The grass was green and healthy and the soil was rich. All of the plants had a sparkle to them. The garden screamed of magic, but yet had an extremly natural aura to it. As they walked into the caslte, there was a Neko youkai servant to greet them. She bowed before asking what she could do for them.

"Emiko, this is Sueng Mina. She will be your personal servant for the time we are staying. Follow her and she will lead you to your room." Huyana then walked off after that, but Emiko noticed the way he acted. It was strange, like he was being distant. 'It must be the whole marriage thing.' Emiko thought as she followed the cat demon down another hallway.

"Right here Milady." Sueng Mina said politely. She opened the door to a large room hat made Emiko gasp. The bed was decorated in black cloth and the walls were a deep dark jade green. A rich brown color outlined the room, giving it a natural feeling, along with some gold that made the room shine. Sueng Mina led Emiko to another door, where it led to a washroom. When Emiko washed and came out, there was a black kimono embodied in silver lying on her bed. When she put it on, it was snug, but fit comfortably. She was starting to like fox demon clothing...normal, but with a touch. A little after, Sueng Mina came back in the fix Emiko' hair.

"So..." Emiko started, trying to start conversation. "How did you end up here? I mean, not to be rude, but Sueng Mina is a Korean name, correct?"

"Yes. I am from Korea. I came here when I was very young, and found by the prince."

"So you’re repaying him by working for him?"

"I wouldn't call it working. I chose to stay because there is no use for me going back to Korea. My family was killed and the Nekos in the Northern Lands aren’t the friendliest."

"I'm sorry."

"Your...sorry? Miss?"

"Yes. You seemed surprised."

"Well, not many people have shown much caring for me besides the young prince. And he's been gone for a while."

"Well, we're going to be together for a while, so we might as well get to know each other. O, and another thing, I hate the whole royal treatment. Just call me Emiko, okay?"

"Yes m' lad- I mean, Emiko. I will show you the dining hall now." Emiko nodded and followed her servant. She looked at her hair and noticed that the top half was in a bun with silver chopsticks and the bottom was combed perfectly straight. There were about 3 rights and 2 lefts that Emiko counted from her room to the dining hall. The halls were curvy and long, much like an underground den. The dining hall was large. It was decorated in gold but everything else was snow white. The lights were dim, but the brightness of the color didn't change. There were vines and flowers that beautifully twined around the entire room. Emiko snapped out of her trance when someone tapped on her shoulder. She smiled to see it was Huyana. He was wearing a red kimono with black outlining. His silver hair trailed down his back, and he had a katana at his side.

"You look beautiful." he commented as he took her hand.

"So do you. And this castle is amazing."

"Thank you." Huyana smiled. "Are you ready?"

"For what?" Emiko asked.

"Introductions. I have a rather large family."

"Oh, yea. You know how slow I can be." she blushed.

"And don't ever change." he chuckled as he kissed her on the lips.

Huyana wasn't joking; he did have a large family. She was introduced to his grandparents, great-grandparents, his sister, his nieces and nephews, aunts, and uncles. She finally met his mother about 2 aunts and a 5 cousins ago. 'Dam! Can’t these demons ever keep in their pants? Didn't Huyana say that a large part of his people and family were slaughtered?'

"This is a huge family." Emiko commented as she smiled at someone's 3rd cousin.

"I told you. Reproducing isn't a problem with foxes, since females go into heat often."

"I see." Emiko smirked.

Emiko had engaged in conversation with Huyana's sister, Hatomi at the food table until someone called her away. Emiko was about to go find Huyana again but he already found her. But he wasn't looking at her; he was staring hard at someone.

"Here he comes." Huyana almost growled.

"Who?"

"Kujintu, my older brother, heir to the kingdom, and bastard of the family."

'Sounds like daddy and Sesshomaru.' Emiko thought.

"Hello Huyana. I see you come back." the tall kitsune smirked. He was taller than Huyana and his silver hair was in a braid. His eyes were gold but had an odd shade of green, and he had a dangerously old aura, one that put Emiko on her guard. His arm was linked to a kitsune woman, whose kimono was blue and yellow, and her eyes were crystal blue.

"How observant of you Kujintu." Huyana said, his voice dripping with venom.

"You've finally found a mate also." Kujintu said smugly. He took Emiko's hand in his and kissed the back of it gently.

"Yes," Huyana said, watching every move his brother made with his EMiko's hand "And I see you managed to drag in another." Although Emiko was slightly confused, she had the urge to laugh, but resisted it.

"Well, we have matters to attend. Excuse us." Kujintu said, as he and his date walked slowly away.

"She's just a lowly hanyou…and not even an attractive one at that." Emiko heard Kujintu's date snicker. Emiko growled, about to roll up her sleeves and march over to the dam fox bitch. She would have, but a certain someone held her arm.

"No, that would be bad." Huyana said in her ear.

"You heard what she said. I'm not letting her-"

"Emiko..." Huyana used the tone that left NO room for argument. It was a tone that commanded her obedience. Emiko sighed, giving in. If this had been her time that she would have already been done beating the girls face in.

The rest of the night was rather joyful with the exception of the weird looks from Kujintu. He seemed to like sitting somewhere and staring straight at her. It was late before Emiko and Huyana decided to go to sleep. She took other hair and changed into her sleeping cloths, deciding she would take a bath as soon as she got up tomorrow. Huyana had done the same, sleeping in only pants. Emiko lied next to him.

"So, why do you and your brother hate each other? You sound like Sesshomaru and my father."

"I'm not really sure. I think it was because before I had left, my father wanted me to be heir. Kujintu is very skilled in battle, but that's it. He's a very cruel person, and very selfish. That's partly why he can never keep a mate. He'll get rid of her when he tires of her, or if she's not pleasing him."

"So, he's a man whore?"

"I have never heard of a man being a whore. Are you saying he's gay?" Huyana asked, amused.

Emiko laughed. "No, guys can he whores too." there was a silence. "What's your step father's name?"

"Rakanu I think."

"Can't wait to meet him." Emiko said.

"Me too." Huyana agreed. Emiko laid her head on Huyana's bare chest. Half her body was on his, and her ears flicked his chin every once and a while. She was going to go to sleep, but Huyana had other things in mind as he ran a claw down her side.
Kurama looked around for his baby sister in the garden. They were playing hide and seek but he couldn't find her!

"Sesshomaru, have you seen Aiko?" He asked the large white dog that was lying lazily under a large tree. He opened one eye to look the young hanyou in the face, and then looked up. Kurama did the same and saw a fluffy tail lying along the Cherry Blossom braches. Thinking cleverly, he climbed the tree silently until he was a branch above her. He jumped to the branch next to her a yelled "Got-" Kurama sweat dropped when he saw Aiko sleeping on the branch. He shrugged and sat down next to her. The smells of the flowers reminded him greatly of his mother.

Mika walked through the halls of the castle. She needed to find Inuyasha. She went to the dining hall, the library, his study, the garden, and his bedroom to get no answer. She was now heading back to his study to look in the courtyard. She jumped down with gentle grace that she learned from her mother and looked around. She snorted when she found him in a tree snoozing. She jumped up to the tree and sighed. She took some of the pedals from the blooming tree and put them by his nose.

"Emiko." he mumbled in his sleep, before rolling over. That was a bad idea, seeing as he fell of the tree and onto his head. "Dammit." he grumbled. Mika laughed and jumped down.

"You've got to be more careful." Inuyasha eyed her evilly before saying gruffly.

"What is it ya brat." he demanded ruffly. Mika didn't take offense to it, he always called her that.

"I just wanted to tell you I'm leaving. I'm going to visit Rin in the East, and I'll return in a weeks time."

"Okay. Be careful."

"I will." Mika said as she jumped back u to the window of Inuyasha's study, and set off with her sai's in her sash and daggers and throwing stars planted all over her dark green traveling kimono.