InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko 2: The Fox and the Dog ❯ Goodbye ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Like usual Emiko, Huyana, and Inuyasha awoke at dawn and waited for everyone else to wakeup. In Kagome’s time, it would be about 7 or 8.

“Hey you 2,” Emiko when Kurama and Aiko finally gotten up. “We’re going on a little trip.”

“Where?” they unisoned anxiously.

“We’re going to my time…where my real dad is.” When the twin’s heads tilted to the side in the most kawaii way, she added, “You see, I’m not really born yet. And I won’t be for about 10 more years or so. My time is 800 years from now, so this Inuyasha is not my father yet.”

“Ohhhhh…” they said. There was still some confusion in their eyes that made Emiko chuckle.

“Will Baa-chan be there?” Kurama asked. He along with Shippou was very attached to Kagome.

“My time is almost 800 years from now Kurama, and Baa-chan is human. Humans don’t last 800 years…so, no koibido, she will not be there…” Emiko answer was soft. She knew that Kurama understood that Kagome was dead in her time, she just hopped that he wouldn’t dwell on it. “Listen to me you two,” Emiko sad after the silence, gaining their attention, her face was stern and serious. Huyana appeared in the doorway but stayed silent. “You are going to stay in my time with Jii-chan. Something is happening and I can’t and won’t risk you being here when it does. You two mean the world to me and I would die if anything were to happen to you.”

“Is it Naraku Mama?” Aiko asked quietly with tears welling in her eyes.

“I’m not sure, but I think it is. He’s very bad and I can’t let him get to you…Honey, please don’t cry. I promise that I will come back for you. I am not leaving you, nor is Daddy. We both love you and would be very hurt if something were to happen to you if we wern’t there to protect you. I promise, we will come back.” Aiko nodded and hugged Emiko so tightly that she thought her ribs were going to crack. Kurama joined in after a moment. Emiko felt completely content hugging her children. Her vow to protect with her life as long as she lived came fresh into her head. She would come back for them, even if she had to be in spirit. When they pulled away, she smiled at them and said “Now, I’m gunna warn you that Jii-chan hasn’t had to baby-sit in 300 years, so his child watching skills might be a little rusty. So play far with him, okay?”

“Yes mama…” they unisoned in a much to innocent voice. She knew that they were planning to give her father hell. But hey, he deserved some excitement. Besides, the Inu Palace was HUGE! Why not take advantage of it?

As Emiko, Huyana, the twins, Kagome, and Inuyasha headed towards the well after good-byes to Sango, Miroku, Kaede, and Shippou, Aiko asked: “Okka, is Jii-chan any different form…uh…Jii-chan?”

Emiko laughed “Not really…He just looks a little different, that’s all.” When they got to Kagome’s time, Kagome nearly winded the twins by hugging them so much. They were blue by the time she let them go. Inuyasha kept his goodbye brief, but couldn’t help but to smile at them the whole time. Yea, so they were technically going to stay with him, but they weren’t with him. The twins, Emiko, and Huyana jumped through the well once more to come to Kagome’s time. They went for the garage and opened it up. Emiko was relived to see the small black car she bought before she got her bike license was still there. She just hoped the gas didn’t evaporate for major lack of use. The last time it was on the road was about 5 years ago. She got in and started it up. Kurama, who had been sniffing the car all along, jumped up so high he nearly, hit the roof. Emiko laughed at her first born and told them to get in.

Because of the fact that she was a hanyou and she did have dog-ears, Emiko’s windows have always been tinted. It was still mid-day so Emiko told them to stay from the windows and try to refrain their ears from moving. The twins loved seeing everything go by. Their little eyes were scanning all there was to see. The ride did not last long. Emiko drove onto a dirt rode that was marked ‘Danger: Do Not Tresspass’. She ignored the sign and kept a look out for something. Once she found it, she drove straight to a cave. Everyone got out and she hit a button that also conceled scent.

As the wind blew, Emiko raised her nose to the sky. Her lips curled into a smile that showed her fangs.

“Come on” she said like a true hunter, quiet and sneaky. She suddenly gave them a signal and told them to get down. They were downwind from a youkai that had a very powerful aura. He was wearing a pair of pants that looked as though they went to a kimono, and a red haroi. He had silver hair and demon markings on his face. Emiko instructed them to stay silent with a look and ran towards the youkai so fast that she was just a black and silver blur.

“KYYYYAAAA!” she yelled as she pounced on the daydreaming dog-demon. They fell straight to the ground with Emiko sitting on his stomace. If Huyana didn’t know who this demon was already, he would have killed him. Emiko laughed as she looked down at her father.

“You shouldn’t be so deep in thought, you could get killed” she said with a caring smile.

“I’ll keep that in mind” he smiled back. Inuyasha traced Emiko’s smile with his clawed thumb. “I haven’t seen your smile in so long…it’s beautiful” Emiko’s smile got wider and she got off of him and helped him up.

“Come on out guys!” she yelled. Huyana, Aiko, and Kurama came out of the bushes. Huyana had a small smile at the father and daughter moment.

“Hello Huyana.” Inuyasha greeted warmly.

“Hello Inuyasha. Good to see you” he said with a slight head bow

“Same. And theses are the twins?”

“Yup,” Emiko said “This is Aiko and Kurama. Guys, this is your other grandfather.”

“So, your jii-chan, but a different jii-chan beacause the other jii-cahn isn’t a real jii-chan because he and ba-san didn’t have okka-san yet?” Kurama put together in one breath.

“Um, yea, something like that.” Inuyasha said uncertainly. As the adults were talking, Aiko had gotten distracted and looked off into the woods, following her nose. She lifted it into the air to see a HUGE fluffy white dog. She took a careful step towards him. He didn’t smell youkai, but a dog that big had to be one. The dog stood an began to growl. Aiko growled back and also gained Kurama’s attention. With a quick look to the chatting adults, he slipped away over to his little sister.

“What’s up?” he asked, look ing at the growling dog, which didn’t look to threatining.

“Take a wiff, what do you smell?” she asked, breaking he growl.

“Something like…jii-chan?” Kurama said sort of lost. He threw caution to the wind and walked over to him. Aiko noticed that the huge teddy bear had no intention of attaking.

“Kurama, what are you doing?” Huyana asked, just now noticing the silence of his 2 children and getting suspious.

“Who’s the dog?” Kurama asked

“That’s Sesshomaru.” Inuyasha commented

“Huh?” came Aiko’s oh-so-smart answer.

“He’s my uncle, and yours too. Em, I think he’s your great uncle?…no, grand uncle…that doesn’t sound right…” Emiko confused herself. Inuyasha let a small laugh out and walked towards the castle of the West.

It took about an hour to walk to the palace. The twins were quiet and were to busy sniffing to bother eachother. Once at the place, they were greeted by the servents and leadt to rooms. As far as Emiko saw, there were still 2 dining rooms, an endless amount of bedrooms, and LOTS of hallways.

Emiko went straight to her old room. It hand’t changed since she had left. The room was about 3 times as big as her room at he shrine. The furnatiu and carpets were raven black with midnight blue embordining. Various symbols such as strength, power, beauty, luck, dog, miko, youkai, west, and ofcorse, Emiko, was painted on the walls in silver kanji. On her silk black sheets was a picture of a large dog looking up at something with a women in preistess robes standing next to the dog with her hand on it;’s back. The dog was up to her waist, and they were both looking at something with very determined faces.

“This is beautiful,” Huyana commented “I’m going to uess that you decorated yourself?”

“Thanks. I was my room before I left.”

“Why did you leave?” Huyana asked. He sat on the bed ant looked from the picture on the sheets to Emiko’s emotionless face.

“I was angry at my father…I hated the ‘royal way of life’…you know, having to marry and all that. My father told me that he would find someone sutible, so I had no say. So, I left. I was still the princess, but he had no say if I didn’t live in the place. But he came to get me anyway, and we fought for some time. He said he would force me home but I refused, so I ran.”

“I-“ Huyana’s statement went unfinished as the door swung open and an angry hanyou stormed in.

“Mama, Aiko is going to drive me insane! She told the servents to make the room black and silver! I want it black and red! It’s so much better! Make her change it!” Aiko stormed in next. Her ears were flat to her head in her anger.

“No way! Who wants to look around and see the colors of blood and death! That’s depressing! Silver is so much prettier!”

“That’s so girly for a room.”

“If you haven’t noticed dummy, I am a girl!” Aiko argued, baring her fangs. Kurama put on a face of fake surpirse.

“You’re a girl? OH KAMI!” Aiko growled and lunged after Kurama, who took off like a bullet teasing her along the way. Huyana sighed while Emiko watched them in amusment. When Kurama shot over the bed and Aiko followed, Huyana grabbed her by the back of her sleveless kimono in mid-air. She struggled but with a quick growl from her father, she stopped but still glared at her brother.

“You are guests here, behave yourselves.” He growled. Immeditaly, Kurama and Aiko’s ears went down in submission.

“Come on Kurama, you’ll have your own room.” Emiko walked him across the hallway and called in some servents. He had wasted no time in rearanging furniture and changing colors. Emiko smiled. ‘They’ll be here for a while, so might as well let them’.

At sunset, Huyana was bathing, Aiko and Kurama were hiding from Sesshomaru because they took his fluffy boa, and Emiko was roaming the castle. She followed her father’s scent into his office, and noticed that it was coming out the window. She looked out of it and noticed that there was a cnopy of trees blocking the view down below. But there was one opening right below the window, so she jumped down. Looking around, she nocticed she was in a small private cortyard that had Cherry Blossoms everywhere. She looked up to see a mane of silver hanging off the tree. She gave a sigh with a hint of amusement and pt on a small smile.

“So this is the hard day of the Lord of the West?”

“Just resting my eyes…” Inuyasha said as he jumped off the tree. His landing was a little off, making it obvious that he was really sleeping at one point. “What’s up?”

“Nothing…just came to talk, seeing as the last time we did, I almost killed you.”she said with a nervous chuckle.

“I remember what you told me about the twins.”

“You know, it’s so funny that you remember what I told you nearly 800 years ago, but when I used to tell you about parties a week ahead, you’d forget.”

“That’s because I didn’t know where you’d end up. You say your going to a prty, but then leave o go to someone’s house.”

“I was seeing if you would trust me, but it really wasn’t nesessary to throw that kid out the window. Just because you smell need dosn’t mean he’s going to rape me or something. We were teenagers, it’s a very hormonal stage of life.”

“All fathers are protective of there daughters.”

“Huyana’s not-“

“Yet. Knowing Huyana, he’ll kill the first guy that even looks at Aiko.”

The 2 of them walked off to the edge where there were 1 way mirrors so you could see into the main garden. Sesshomaru was chasing around kurma and Aiko, who had his fluffy boa wrapped up in a ball and was throwing it around keeping it away from them.

“Aw, Sesshy makes such a kawaii watch dog.” Emiko said adoringly. Inuyasha jus snorted. He knows if he hurts them I’ll kill him. Atleast now he knows who the Alpha is.” Inuyasha said smugly.

“I really don’t want to leave them…” she said sadly.

“You’ll get ehm back Emiko.”

“I don’t know if I’ll come back.”

“Since when is Emiko Higurashi inconfedent in herself?”

“Are you calling me cocky?”

“You get it from me, so yes.” Looking at her serious face, he softned his voice. “look, I know you’ll come back. You have 2 children who adore you, a mate who will die for you, and not to mention a father who loves you. Who can do this Emiko, you will defeat Naraku.”

“But after that battle…we gave him everything we had! If he didn’t die then, then how is it going to work?”

“Look, he has to be weak, that’s why he’s lying low. There was a time where we thought he was dead too, he even took away Miroku’s wind tunnel to make us belive it…but he rejuvinated himself from Kohaku. (Im refering to the second movie). Look around, do you see any sign of Naraku?”

“Dad, not only is this 800 years in the future, but I really wouldn’t expect him to have a cozy cabin off in the woods inside the western lands.” Emiko said darkly.

“You’ll do fine” Inuyasha said, ruffling Emiko’s hair, seeing his point did not work.

It was late that night when Emiko and Huyana decided to leave.

“You behave to jii-chan and Sesshy..they haven’t raised anyone for a while, so thy aren’t the smartest when it comes to kids if you know what I mean.” She said with a glint in her eye. She hugged them goodbye and let Huyana say his goodbyes also. “Bye dad.” She said, hugging him also. “Have fun with them.”

Inuyasha had Sesshomaru watch them off to the well. He went back into the castle and went to a room that had been kept locked the entire day.

“It’s okay, there gone now.”

“Why couldn’t I see her?”
“She can’t know who you are. Becareful around Aiko and Kurama also…they are not amutuers when it comes to getting into things.”

“Okay. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.” Inuyasha closed the door.