InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Darling Emiko 2: The Fox and the Dog ❯ The Talk ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kagome had gone home to see her mother. Inuyasha had learned not to argue with her ever since the jewel had been completed. Now he just wanted to be with her, this time, bringing Emiko, the twins, and Huyana too. Mrs. Higurashi had already known Emiko, and she loved her granddaughter. But she never known that Emiko had a husband, let alone 2 kids.

"Mama I'm home!" Kagome shouted happily into her home. Her mother bounded down the stairs and threw her arms around Kagome, almost squeezing the life out of her.

"Kagome, welcome home Hun! Oh, and I see you have company!” her mother said, smiling at them all.

"Hai Okka, this is Huyana Emiko’s ma-, I mean husband. And this is there kids, Aiko and Kurama.” Aiko and Kurama bowed their heads in respect. Mrs. Higurashi embraced her grandchild and greatgrand-children warmly, and then Huyana. They ate dinner that night while discussing what’s been going on in the feudal era. Aiko, Kurama, and Shippou were chasing Buyo around the house. As it started to get late, Kagome went back to the well to bring home Huyana, Aiko, and Kurama. She came back to the house a few minuets later. It had only been about 45 minuets when Kurama burst into the room (he can get through the well since he was born in the feudal era).

“Gomen, but Sesshomaru has demanded to see Mama. Father wanted Aiko and I to warn you.” Kurama was panting as if he had run the entire way. Aiko came through the door with Shippou close behind looking distressed. Inuyasha grabbed the hilt of Tetsuiga.

“Well then let’s go!” he said.

“Jii-chan, you cannot come or else Keade-san’s village will suffer.” Aiko added.

“Well then I guess I will pay uncle Sesshy a visit alone then.” Emiko said, getting up.

“The hell your not!” Inuyasha growled.

“Daddy, you know that Sesshomaru is a demon of his word. If he says he will destroy the village, then he will. I won’t take that risk! Especially when there are 2 new babies in the village, and that’s that. Aiko, Kurama, and Shippou, stay here. I’ll come back when it’s safe.” With that, the she-hanyou left without a word.

“Who’s’ Sesshomaru?” Mrs. Higurashi asked. Kagaome sighed.

With Emiko

“SESSHOMARU!” Emiko yelled from the outskirts of the village, knowing he would hear her. And hear her he did. Emiko saw a white blur running towards her. She made no attempt t move as he stopped a foot away from her.

“Shall we walk?” he asked calmly.

“Keh, whatever.” She shrugged, knowing it would get under his skin. Her nose twitched to try and smell any blood or anything. He noticed this, because he said,

“No, I did not harm your precious kin.”

“For your sake you better not.” She mumbled. She must’ve hit a nerve, because he threw up his hand, making his light whip come out. Emiko did the same, and a light whip came out of her nails also, except hers was red. It entangled with Sesshomaru’s and they pulled. As soon as the tension was at the max, electricity cackled around the knot, before it became a pulling contest. She growled low as the strain was becoming much for her. This whip always sucked up a lot of her energy, so she would never really keep it out for that long. So, in effort of trying to end the tug-of-war quickly, she gave the whip a wave, but Sesshomaru held his arm steady. Then, she decided to give in and lean back before using his own strength and shooting towards him. He sidestepped as expected and she grabbed a low branch on the tree behind him. She swung around until she got he feet on the tree. Sesshomaru merly looked over his shoulder, and said “Are we going to talk, or play your foolish games?”

“I’m flattered! The great Fluffy-sama of the West is giving little old me a choice!” Emiko said sarcastically. At Sesshomaru’s growl, she rolled her eyes and said “Fine Mr. I’m-all-business-and-no-fun, let’s go.” They walked in silence until they got to a river where Sesshomaru sat on a rock and Emiko sat on a low laying branch with her tail in the brushing the top or the river.

“So, what’s up?” she asked casually. Sesshomaru looked up at her with his trademark raised eyebrow. “As in, what did you want to talk about?”

“Before we get into that, tell me, how is it that you inherited my power?” he asked. Emiko mocked his eyebrow and gave a smile.

“I am related to you.”

“I know that.”

“Well that should explain it.”

“No, because my half-breed brother doesn’t have that power.”

“But he has a little of it...you know, Iron Reaver? That’s that attack that shattered your armor when you two got into your first fight over Tetsuiga.”

“You should be less of a youkai then him since he bedded a human.”

“No, thanks to the moon, I was made ¾ youkai. And because I am ¾ youkai, I don’t turn human like he does.” She lied. It seemed to have worked, since he pressed no further on the matter.

“Well, atleast I can now have hope for our line, seeing as you’re not a spineless weakling like him.” ‘Yea, and your not a fluff ball of a dog under his command.’ Emiko thought.

“Wait a few more years Sesshomaru, Inuyasha won’t be a weakling then.”

“Inuyasha nor anyone who travels with you will be here in a few more years if the dream I had comes true.” Catching Emiko’s direct attention, she turned to him, lying her body across the branch and propping her head on her hand while her tail swayed over the water.

“What dream?” she asked. As Sesshomaru explain the dream, she kept one ear towards him, and another was flicking around for sounds in the night. When he was done, they sat in silence before they began to talk about Emiko’s dream.

“If that’s the case, then that rosary should be removed. The spells on it could be corrupted by Naraku’s dark magic.”

“Yea, well, interestingly enough, I hadn’t had any other kind of dream about him. I thought it was a nightmare, unless, the great TaiYoukai of the West is afraid of Naraku the hanyou?” Emiko taunted, earning a growl and a death glare from Sesshomaru.

“I will never lower myself to fear a lowly hanyou.”

“Oji, it shouldn’t matter how much demon blood he has. Hanyou or not, Naraku was as powerful as hell and you know it. I have no problem admitting it.”

“Your half human”

“I’m ¼ miko oji Sesshomaru.” Sesshomaru growled.

“Your lucky your heir of the West.”

“Why?” Emiko asked, already knowing what was going to happen to Sesshomaru “Wouldn’t you want your own blood taking over the West?”

“Yes. But I do not see myself taking a mate any time soon.”

“Really? That might disappoint Rin-“ Sessomaru put his hand up so his claws are pointing at her.

“How do you know of Rin?”

“I was at your castle, remember? I heard the little green dude say to the servents to ‘take care of the little human wench Rin’. Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone that you have a soft spot for her." Emiko jumped up to the branch above her, seeing as Sesshomaru just shattered the one she was lying on 3 seconds ago. “Okay, okay! Kami, I’m not going to tell!” Sesshomaru merly growled.

“For your sake. I do not wish to spill royal blood”

“Nor do I.” Came another voice. Both quickly turned to see Huyana come out the trees.

“I told you to stay behind or else that village pays.” Sesshomaru said emotionlessly.

“That village is on the Southern Lands. Unless you want to start a war, then be my guest.” There was an awkward silence, before Emiko started to get bored.

“Sesshomaru,” she said. “We have had our exchange of words and now it’s done. We should take our leave now.” Sesshomaru only nodded before throwing a glare at Huyana.

“Nice work...I hope you can hold up that impression for a few days.”

“Why?”

“I got a message from my homelands. My mother is soon to be wed.” Emiko’s face went from curiosity to compassion and worry.

“Are you okay with this?” she asked quietly. She knew how close he was to his father. Strangely enough, he won’t talk about him anymore. ‘Maybe this is why?’ Emiko thought.

“Yes. I’m happy for her. I didn’t want to leave her with my brother.”

“Brother?”

“Kujintu. He’s not the nicest person in the world. I have to make sure to tell the twins to-“

“No.”

“Huh?”

“I- um, don’t want to bring the kids. No offense, but something’s telling me that bringing the kids is a ver bad idea. Call it maternal instinct?”

“Okay, but do you want to leave them here with all this chaos?”

“No. Its not that I don’t trust my friends and family...it’s just, I don’t know. Maybe we can bring them to my time? I haven’t seen my father or Kouga in a while. And I’m sure they would want to meet them.”

“Who’s Kouga?” Huyana asked possessively.

“He’s a friend, a really good one who knows I have a mate and wouldn’t do anything to hurt me.”

“I didn’t doubt you”

“Then why are you growling and suddenly so close to me?”

“I like being close to you.” Emiko turned and kissed him, before walking away.

At the Higurashi Shrine

“Where is she?” Inuyasha said impatiently for the 6th time that night. He’d been unconsciously pacing for a while and was making a tack in the carpet.

“Inuyasha, calm down, Emiko’s a big girl and can handle herself. Besides, you made amends with your brother, Sesshomaru wouldn’t hurt her.” Kagome tried to calm him down. Shippou, Aiko, and Kurama were looking at him like he was crazy.

“That’s it, I’m going!” Inuyasha growled. Just as he made to open the door, it already opened, hitting him in the face.

“Sorry, did I take long?” she asked casually.

“Hell yea you did! What happened?” Inuyasha yelled. He shocked Emiko since she didn’t see him on the floor.

“We talked, that’s it.”

“About...?” Kagome pressed.

“Shippo, Aiko, Kurama, go upstairs.” Emiko said sternly.

“But I’m old enough-“

“Now Shippou!” Emiko said again.

“I’m being bossed around by my little sister! Unbelievable!” Shippou muttered. After hey were gone, Emiko started.

“Well, long story short, Mama, you went home and never returned, Outo, you went crazy and turned full demon, but not in the good way. Huyana went crazy also and was killed; Aiko was sold to someone, Kurama was controlled by someone else; Kilala killed Sango, and Miroku was sucked into kaazana, and I...”

“Emiko, what happened?” Kagome encouraged.

“Well, I don’t know exactly, but Naraku and I had a child, and the process would kill me I think.” Inuyasha did something that he hadn’t done to Emiko in a long time, he hugged her. Emiko was surprised by this action, but nevertheless, hugged him back. A tear slipped down her face, making Inuyasha hug her a little tighter. For the first time in many decades, she was scared for her life. The last time she was scared like this is that lonely night, when she howled to the moon from the cave that Kigai died in. At the time, she was scared to be alone again. And even before that, she was scare that Kigai died because of her time so short with him.

It’s ok, I won’t let him get you, I promise.” Inuyasha’s voice came. Kagome looked at the site and thought it would be best if they were left alone. She and her mother left but not before taking a picture. Inuyasha and Emiko’s ears flicked towards the camera, but that’s all.

Upstairs in Kagome’s bedroom

Kurama closed the door after Aiko and Shippou backed away from it looking sad and scared. The 3 had been listining the entire time. Never once had Aiko and Kurama heard their mom cry it made them scared. They always saw their mom as a warrior...a never-say-die person. And he made her cry...she was scared. She just described terrible fates for all of them caused by some guy...

“Oju Shippou, who’s Naraku?” Aiko asked

“Naraku is a very bad guy who has killed a lot of people, including Sango and Miroku’s family.”

“Then I say we get him before he gets us!” Kurama said determined.

“No way! Didn’t you just hear anything I just said? Naraku has killed villages. He is responsible for the death of the demon slayers, 2 monks, and an entire wolf pack! And more! He’s just way too powerful! There’s no way you two can take him on and survive, or even get near him and survive!”

“We can be him.” Kurama said. ‘Ai, there goes the Inuyasha blood.’ Shippou thought.

“Look, as your uncle, and superior, I forbid you to do anything even related to Naraku, or I’ll tell Kagome and Emiko, got it?” Shippou said boldly. The twins were silent, before sighing in defeat.

“Aiko! Kurama! Shippou! Lets go!” Kagome’s voice called. With a warning glance to the twins, Shippou went downstairs, closely followed by the twins. They said their good-byes, and were at the well when Emiko turned to Inuyasha.

“Daddy, is it okay if I go home for a few days? I haven’t seen Father in a while. Besides that, I know he wants to see the twins.”

“Sure. But it’s a full moon tomorrow night, are you sure?”

“Yes. Besides, I think the twins will be safer in my time.”

“Emiko, what do you mean?” Kagome asked. By now, they were back in Inuyasha’s time, and almost at the hut.

“Well, with Naraku running around, I don’t want to leave them as a burden. And I’m going to Huyana’s castle with him. I can’t ignore these dreams anymore, so I want to screw things up for him, you know?”

“But, wouldn’t that mean leaving the twins there?” Inuyasha asked.

“Yes. But it’s for their furture...” There was a silence before Emiko started to walk back.

“You really believe Narkau is running around then?” Miroku asked after Kagome explained what just happened.

“Yes.”

“But my wind tunnel is gone.”

“Well hell must’ve spat him back out, because I think he’s back and in hiding. Coward...” Emiko growled. There was another silence “look, Naraku’s not after the jewle like before. He wants revenge. This entire family is going to suffer, and badly. I can’t let that happen. If I take the twins out of this time stream and beyond his reach, then nothing can happen to them. Aiko can’t kill Sesshomaru, and Kilala can’t kill Sango. I’m going with Huyana to his castle about 2 days away form here, so I need to know that thy are safe. We’re leaving tomorrow morning to drop them off, and then we’ll be on our way.”

“Wait, your going to let them live in my house?” Kagome asked.

“No, they’re going to stay at daddy’s palace.”

“Why does your dad have a palace, but you live in a shrine?”

“Tough times went down between me and him, so I moved out.”

“Oh.”

Everyone went to sleep that night, not as comfortable as any other night. Inuyasha went to find a tree, and Huyana went to patrol the area. The twins and Shippou went to sleep next to Kagome and Sango who was next to Kilala while Emiko slept by the door. She sighed. Why was life so hard again?